On David Grusch's "whistleblowing" and other apparent (but not quite) nothing burgers

I see that. or you would stop saying what you are saying and using the analogies you are using. :)

Well, rest assured I don't mean that then, I don't know what else to say so ill stop, but I strongly think that im being mischaracterized and as a result my statements are getting wrongly extruded.

That relates to this forum because I think if we can't come to some sort of understanding here when I so clearly want to, then there is no way we can theorize about Grusch or anyone else that we have no connection to with any accuracy either.

I really am just saying that compartmentalization seems to be causing negative effects and perhaps we need more 3rd party authorities or scientists involved, part time, civilian based, with high clearance, or something, Idk what, to help mitigate a problem from within, to check their authority.

Last edited:
To be fair, you are the one that brought it ITT.
Oh? Let's look:
We just shouldn't have top secret organizations [...]

Well, rest assured I don't mean that then, I don't know what else to say so ill stop, but I strongly think that im being mischaracterized and as a result my statements are getting wrongly extruded.
May I suggest you create a new topic in the ChitChat subforum, perhaps titled "How much government secrecy is good for us?" or something like that? It appears there are members who'd enjoy discussing that with you.

Oh? Let's look:

Absolute and total mischaracterization of the quote!

We just shouldn't have top secret organizations that can cause 5+ years of whistleblowing and senate hearings, not to mention the ripple effects that has on 320 million voters.

My statement directly relates to the article in the OP

https://www.ufologyiscorrupt.com/po...-other-apparent-but-not-quite-nothing-burgers

I'd like to offer another possibility to the above litany. Could the people feeding Grusch their stories have heard enough UFO yarns to cause them to get the impression that something they'd genuinely caught sight of or worked on could be related to such stories? I'll call it the "periphery hypothesis": when people with technical or intelligence credentials hear just enough while being denied key details, leading them to think that something must be going on whose nature defies everyday explanation. These people, working in an environment of secrecy and censorship, hear rumors of what might be, assimilate these with tropes from ufology that are already doing the rounds, and then these same individuals themselves start feeding ideas and embellishments into the circuit - ideas and embellishments that eventually come full circle and reach back to the self-same people as "confirmation", told to them now by "independent parties".

Last edited:
The IC IG responded to a letter sent by Burchett, Luna and co and has confirmed there has been no investigation of Grusch's claims by the IG.

Article:
As a matter of discretion, IC IG notes that it has not conducted any audit, inspection, evaluation, or review of alleged UAP programs within the responsibility and authority of the DNI [Director of National Intelligence] that would enable this office to provide a fulsome [generous, expansive] response to your questions.

So many questions about this. Does this mean;
  • The IG was only investigating whistle blowing retaliation
  • The IG found Grusch's claims to be weak and had no reason to investigate secret alien recovery programs
  • The secret programs are not within the authority of the DNI
  • Should Buchett have been asking the DOD IG instead of the IC IG. (I recall the whistleblower complaint about secret UAP programs was actually made to the DOD IG in 2021)

The Inspector General is only tasked to establish credibility, not truth, with regard to a whistleblower's claims.
So many questions about this. Does this mean;
  • The IG was only investigating whistle blowing retaliation
no, they determined Grusch's DoD IG submission to be urgent and credible.
  • The IG found Grusch's claims to be weak
no, they were found credible
  • and had no reason to investigate secret alien recovery programs
yes. The IC IG is not tasked with that.
  • The secret programs are not within the authority of the DNI
Why would this be relevant? It appears to me that all intelligence-gathering is within the authority of the DNI.
  • Should Buchett have been asking the DOD IG instead of the IC IG. (I recall the whistleblower complaint about secret UAP programs was actually made to the DOD IG in 2021)
Yes, but the DoD IG did not deem them credible, thus it's unlikely they would have been able to share the requested information either.

The DNI is the office to ask.

The IC IG responded to a letter sent by Burchett, Luna and co and has confirmed there has been no investigation of Grusch's claims by the IG.
I've reproduced the response at https://www.metabunk.org/threads/house-oversight-hearing-on-uaps-july-26-2023.13049/post-301969 .

It reads to me that IC IG very politely explains that he's not in the business of answering random letters from congresspeople; that there are processes to be followed that provide this information to Congress; and that, if he had answered their request, he wouldn't have been able to do much more than to repeat Grusch's claims back at them.

Back