Explained: Giant Black Sphere Hovering Near the Sun [Coronal Prominence Cavity]

Accepting that as the general suggestion of all minds is not going to make any of you brighter or smarter. Only because there are idiots in the Universe it does not make the rest of us Solar Scientists. Still there is a mistery to be solved. Accepting whatever the media says is the way to stupidity. But if you want to play that role, it's your choice. I'm still interested in the phenomena, whatever it is, and it's far from solved.

Screw the "media", especially where science is concerned. I only accept peer-reviewed research and my own knowledge of physics. Several papers have been published documenting observational data and mathematical modeling of Coronal Prominence Cavities. Based on scientific observations and known plasma physics, there is no doubt that Coronal Prominence Cavities are real and fairly well understood.

Here are a few examples of peer-reviewed research related to coronal prominence cavities.

http://arxiv.org/abs/1304.7388

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2012ApJ...757...73K

http://iopscience.iop.org/0004-637X/724/2/1133

Are you aware of any peer-reviewed research disputing the existence of coronal prominence cavities?

How well developed is your ability to visualize and think in 3 dimensions?

Accepting that as the general suggestion of all minds is not going to make any of you brighter or smarter. Only because there are idiots in the Universe it does not make the rest of us Solar Scientists. Still there is a mistery to be solved. Accepting whatever the media says is the way to stupidity. But if you want to play that role, it's your choice. I'm still interested in the phenomena, whatever it is, and it's far from solved.
Nobody's accepting what the media says, they are listening to what the solar scientists say.
And what a solar scientist says may be reported by the media. Does that mean we shouldn't accept it?

Couple of animated Gifs I just made. The second one is the event of interest. The first one is an earlier CME.
First, I'm not saying it's a ship, but for these two things to be the same you wouldn't see the sphere looking in. Because if the ring just slightly turned you would see an inner wall. To be able to see a black hole sphere looking down a tunnel the tunnel would have to be perfectly straight.

First, I'm not saying it's a ship, but for these two things to be the same you wouldn't see the sphere looking in. Because if the ring just slightly turned you would see an inner wall. To be able to see a black hole sphere looking down a tunnel the tunnel would have to be perfectly straight.

Fairly straight, yes. But it's likely you can hardly see it at all if it's not straight, so people tend to pick out the very best examples. The sharper the edges, the more likely it is to get noticed.

I am aware that the scientists are already working on these "phenomena". As I am an amateur scientist I have an understanding of solar magnetic field variation and magnetic flux patterns. Those magnetic properties are closely related to Newton and Gauss laws. What is interesting to me is how the two unknowns of the modern physics, dark particles and energy are related to this. We obviously "see" them a lot around more energetic (magnetic, gravitational) bodies, thus why we rarely see them going on on our planet. This truly makes me wonder about the characteristics of these, for us, invisible forces. If you say that this is a known phenomena, and the predictions are right, that at certain places where a magnetic field is too dominant for the matter to exist it gets squished out, shouldn't the dark matter come in to place on those spots.

Is it affected by the gravitational or magnetic force, is it its creator or merely a participant. Is there a pattern to its behavior.
What energy levels is this phenomena most often. Aren't these spots the perfect places to look for it?
Does the modern science have any research on this?

I have been Googling around about this March 2012 observation because it looks FREAKY.

After reading, I (sadly) agree with Mick's analysis. (The Universe would be so much more exciting with confirmed Aliens... Might even solve world peace and get more kids studying science...)

There is one extra bit of evidence for that March 2012 video no-one has mentioned. Look what happens on the surface of the Sun as the 'anomaly' 'leaves'. It doesn't appear to affect a 'point' area on the sun, as a sphere sucking plasma/something would.
There is pretty clearly a 'LINE of effect' on the suns surface in those final moments and a bit of a whoosh (Sorry, not a solar scientist) out in 2 directions from that line.
I am sure that line follows the central axis of the tube/croissant/sausage/filament, and in my eyes gives strong justification to the 'looking down the barrel' theory.

And the filaments whisping AROUND the anomaly? - Well - That's exactly what you would expect if it was a tube of magnetic fields, right?

And why is it always spherical? If it was on much of an angle you would very quickly lose the hard edges of any shape at all, and the whole thing would be 'lost in the noise' of everything else going on around it. (Oh, you said that just above I notice after typing).

Good thorough work Mick.

I will now go and look up your page on those huge things flying into the sun that NASA said were random comets...

This reminds me an incident that happened some years ago when a comet impacted the sun, and then immediately on the opposite side of the sun a huge CME came off of the sun. People lack of knowledge and understanding lead to these beliefs.

Mr. West, what I don't understand about this prominence is that it is in the solar observer sight from 10 March at midnight until 12 March around 10pm, almost 3 days.. and during all that time we can see that sun is rotating with all the surface spots, streams, ejections, the entire corona is in movement with sun, but not the "black object", neither the tale. It preserves its initial location relative to solar observers camera. How's that possible?

Altought I am very not faimiliar with the suns corona properties, I don't what exactly are these surface streams and spots, In fact, I think we can also deduce from the video that this object is stable and not moving together with the sun and this huge highlighted dark stream is like a scar done to suns surface, proof of some kind of exchange between the sun and the object.st.jpg

The "scar" is much longer than the path covered by the feature - that's more than twice the distance the sun rotates in three days, and its not in the same direction of rotation - even if it is as you say it cannot be the product of a stationary object. A single feature of the magnetosphere could account (cavities are only a small feature of a larger system), but not a stationary spherical object.

In addition, the object isn't stationary itself, but moving in exact alignment relative to Earth, independent of the sun or its own orbital vector - more specifically, it's moving in alignment with the SDO in geosynchronous orbit of Earth, meaning to remain stationary in the image it must librate back and forth slightly while slowly proceeding left to right.

This is consistent with a coronal cavity and the larger structures they are associated with, which frequently form tube or toroid features that are most visible at the limb (sometimes at opposite limbs connected by visible surface features) where you're looking down the length. They typically appear stationary in images regardless of Earth or SDO's movement.

It is patently bizarre behavior for a spacecraft of that size, which is already expending immense amounts of energy to maintain an unstable position that serves it no benefit over entering orbit and only expending a tiny fraction of that energy to overcome drag from the corona, to orchestrate its limited movement to maximize its visibility to the one instrument properly equipped to detect it.

Last edited:
Time for me to chime in. I first have to say: I cannot tell you how EXTREMELY disappointed I am that this is NOT a spacecraft of some kind (though a craft that size would be a bit frightening to say the least!). I was REALLY hoping it was something we could say was of ET origin...but we just can't...:(

Mick, you and others here on this thread have done an excellent job at explaining this phenomenon and what I have to say may be beating a dead horse...but here I go...whip in hand.

To Truestatement and KAB...(and perhaps others who are unclear as to how we can see down the barrel of the tube and not see the inside edges of the barrel unless it is perfectly is straight-on alignment with our view)...I liken it to an x-ray image of our intestines. It is difficult to see the surface of a tube that creates the boundaries of a void in the human body...but you can often see the void (air pocket) itself. Only at the edges of the void can you see the intestinal "tube". However, if you look at the images below, you will see that where there is a bend in the intestinal tube and we get to look straight down the barrel of the intestinal tube, we only clearly see the void (air) surrounded by a ring of intestinal material. It is not a "sphere" of intestine...it is a tube of intestine. We do not see the sides of the bend because there is just not enough material to see it unless we are looking down the barrel of it. If there was more intestinal material then we would no longer see the void...it would be blocked by the walls of the intestine.

debunk1.JPG debunked2.JPG

Hope this helps to visualize what Mick and the others are saying.

Hello all,

I know I am very late to this party, but I would like to address an aspect of this video I dont feel has been properly discussed.

First off, let me give you my paradigm, that way you will know my perspective: I believe extraterrestrials have visited, I believe they are out there...I also know that 99% of the "UFO" videos we see on the internet are either hoaxes or misunderstood natural phenomena.

My point is this: most CME exhibit the characteristics of explosions; explosions outwards along heavy electromagnetic fields, but outward non the less. In this video, even though the "sphere" (tube, spaceship, low density region...whatever you want to call it) and tendril are shot outward, you see blow-back on the surface of the sun which (in my opinion) is not unlike our own spaceships taking off and the large blast from their rockets. I would like to hear your thoughts on this aspect of the clip.

Lastly, I have noticed you expressed incredulity about a spaceship the size of earth and the fact that such a spaceship would ever refuel from the sun. People have been expressing this sort of disdain for the entire history of man. Every great idea has first been ridiculed: automobiles, airplanes, even computers. Going back further, people were ridiculed for thinking the earth wasnt flat, or that we werent the center of the universe. I guess what I am trying to say is: just because we cant do it, or we cant imagine a use for it, doesnt mean it doesnt exist, and thinking along the terms of only what we know is possible will always hold us back as a species.

I will reference a video I watched by Michio Kaku: he says there are three types of civilizations
Type 1 (Planetary): has harnessed the power of their entire planet.
Type 2 (Stellar): Has harnessed the power of the entire solar system including their star.
Type 3 (Galactic): Has harnessed the power of multiple stars perhaps even an entire galaxy.
He goes on to say that we are not even a Type one yet, but if you follow this logic, The technological progression would inexorably lead to exactly what we are seeing in this video: refueling from the most concentrated accessible fuel source for light-years around: our sun. If you imagine a civilization advanced enough to travel the stars, they could very conceivably come up with a form of electromagnetic deflection which would allow them to pass close enough to this fuel source while not damaging their craft, and If they are traveling the stars, they would need to bring a wealth of tools, personnel, equipment, and supplies to account for all sorts of possibilities which could easily mean a spaceship that size. To leave with much less would be a gross error in judgement and basically amount to suicide, were there to be an unforeseen problem along the way.

Sorry for the rambling. I look forward to your response.
-Will

Not all CME's look like explosions, particularly depending on the wavelength of observation different features will show. Some appear more like steam rising off a puddle, others like a geyser, and others actually look more like a rain storm, with tendrils falling back to the sun along magnetic force lines.

Sometimes, they'll even appear as a silhouette against hotter prominences, like this one:

Source: http://www.fromquarkstoquasars.com/new-observation-of-a-coronal-mass-ejection/

Further down the page is also images of a "raincloud" style CME.

My point is, while they're all quite explosive in terms of energy release, it's not typical for them to actually look like an explosion.

That said, this feature is not a coronal mass ejection, it is a less violent feature. Features like this can be linked to mass ejections, even be part of the same process, but they are different and distinct events.

The scale you mention is the Kardashev Scale, and there is actually a foruth level - a Type 0 (or K0) civilization, below K1. Humans are K0, and because intelligence and sentience are (intentionally) not criteria, so are hive insects. We're about three to four orders of magnitude away from K1, and we like to vastly overestimate our rate of advancement (despite accelerating in the last 150 years, it's still closer to linear than exponential) we're still much farther removed from K1 time-wise than we are from apes.

We did not express incredulity that any ship of this size would refuel by direct starlifting. Only that one has done so within our solar system. Its gravitational effect would have been observed, its transit would have been observed (even invisible it is an object larger than any in our solar system that would have to cross several spherical regions of dust and debris). And that's assuming it travels by traditional means - if it utilizes an Alcubierre drive, then things are really crazy - the energy released when you break your warp bubble is mind boggling - everything that collides with the bubble gets swept up in it, and then released at relativistic velocity along your apparent trajectory when you stop. A small craft stopping facing a planet could sterilize it. One this large would create a burst brighter than the sun.

We can measure the sun's mass quite reliably, and we can measure the orbits of objects even more reliably. We are to believe that this is a routine thing for vessels of this size to refuel from the sun (despite us having two perfectly good hydrogen bodies that don't melt tungsten or radically effect the orbits of the other planets to chose from). Our resolution for measuring its mass is about +/- 2.5*10^26 kg, which is about 50 earth masses. Assuming the tendril connecting these cavities to the surface is an upward flow, if even 1% of these vessels' volume is fuel storage then we'd be able to measure the mass loss after about two stops.

Now, like I said, assuming those tendrils are an upward flow. We can actually tell that, too, and it's a complicated thing. As these features pass through various stages before they collapse, there are various upward and downward flows. When we see these barrel cavities with a single connection below them, it's usually a downward flow of material surrounding the cavity running back down into the sun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate your expertise, and I do not claim any expertise myself, but I don't feel like you addressed my question. Specifically the blow back seen in this video. It does not appear as a rain cloud or anything else you described.

As to the ship and its size and ease of observation: if you postulate the sphere as an electromagnetic field utilized as a shield, than the actual size of the craft could be much smaller. Even if it were that full size, its not difficult to imagine it slipping past our detection ability. Even with all the telescopes in the world, it would be extremely difficult to cover the 360x360 degrees required for full coverage of our skies.

Lastly, as to the mode of transportation: obviously all of this is speculation, but it wouldnt have to be warp drive. It could be a mercury engine, a gravitational engine, perhaps some sort of quantum drive... even a dimensional drive. I choose to be a hopeful skeptic. I can rule out the flares dropped from airplanes over Mexico city, I can rule out fuzzy video of two paper plates covered in foil dangling from a string, I can rule out 99% of the Videos on YouTube, but when faced with something like this, I feel excited.

Or it could be a unicorn farting a rainbow to control gay marriage......:D

Speculation is just that - please do not introduce it as if it were anything else - ie it does not belong as a "possible answer" when we already know what the situation is.
(The system is acting up a bit....this is the previous post....which it showed as a double post...which wasn't....:oops:)

If the sphere is a shield, then it is not starlifting, the tendril stops at and wraps around the shield. If we're talking Star Trek rules, thats bad for your emitter systems. Mass Effect rules that is a viable way to discharge an eezo drive core if your ship can survive it. But of course the shield is not spherical but cylindrical and bent following the surface of the sun. That is, it is not a shield surrounding a smaller point source.

The sun's is a complex magnetic thing, and it interacts with other magnetic fields in observable (if not always predictable) ways. This feature behaves as a feature of the sun's field and not an outside interaction.

Last edited:
If, if, if........and then you go from "if" to treating that "If" statement as if (sic) it was fact.

Please stop it - if you want to write a fantasy novel this is not the place for it.

Hello all,

I know I am very late to this party, but I would like to address an aspect of this video I dont feel has been properly discussed.

First off, let me give you my paradigm, that way you will know my perspective: I believe extraterrestrials have visited, I believe they are out there...I also know that 99% of the "UFO" videos we see on the internet are either hoaxes or misunderstood natural phenomena.

My point is this: most CME exhibit the characteristics of explosions; explosions outwards along heavy electromagnetic fields, but outward non the less. In this video, even though the "sphere" (tube, spaceship, low density region...whatever you want to call it) and tendril are shot outward, you see blow-back on the surface of the sun which (in my opinion) is not unlike our own spaceships taking off and the large blast from their rockets. I would like to hear your thoughts on this aspect of the clip.

Lastly, I have noticed you expressed incredulity about a spaceship the size of earth and the fact that such a spaceship would ever refuel from the sun. People have been expressing this sort of disdain for the entire history of man. Every great idea has first been ridiculed: automobiles, airplanes, even computers. Going back further, people were ridiculed for thinking the earth wasnt flat, or that we werent the center of the universe. I guess what I am trying to say is: just because we cant do it, or we cant imagine a use for it, doesnt mean it doesnt exist, and thinking along the terms of only what we know is possible will always hold us back as a species.

I will reference a video I watched by Michio Kaku: he says there are three types of civilizations
Type 1 (Planetary): has harnessed the power of their entire planet.
Type 2 (Stellar): Has harnessed the power of the entire solar system including their star.
Type 3 (Galactic): Has harnessed the power of multiple stars perhaps even an entire galaxy.
He goes on to say that we are not even a Type one yet, but if you follow this logic, The technological progression would inexorably lead to exactly what we are seeing in this video: refueling from the most concentrated accessible fuel source for light-years around: our sun. If you imagine a civilization advanced enough to travel the stars, they could very conceivably come up with a form of electromagnetic deflection which would allow them to pass close enough to this fuel source while not damaging their craft, and If they are traveling the stars, they would need to bring a wealth of tools, personnel, equipment, and supplies to account for all sorts of possibilities which could easily mean a spaceship that size. To leave with much less would be a gross error in judgement and basically amount to suicide, were there to be an unforeseen problem along the way.

Sorry for the rambling. I look forward to your response.
-Will

Couple of things.. but first I want to say that most people who are scientifically minded do also agree that there's life elsewhere in the universe (at least that Im familiar with myself).

Ok so, first off. Ive seen the lectures you're talking about with Michio Kaku, and there's a couple of things that he leaves out because its a based assumption that others already have an understanding. What Dr Kaku leaves out, and that you're not considering is not just the technology gap but the assumption that space faring races will be willing to even look at the earth as a source of intelligent life.. and that if they DO, are they even going to pay attention to us as a species?

Let me put it another way. There's ROUGHLY a 1% to 2% difference in the DNA between Chimpanzees and Humans. They're our closest living relatives. We look at chimps and go "oh, how cute!" Now imagine a species that was 1% different/more advanced than we are currently. How would they see humans? Wed be below their radar. This is why you're getting pushback about the spacecraft.

People always make the assumption that humans are so important that anyone traveling around the galaxy is going to take notice of us and then want to hide, or be all secretive or use the sun's corona as some sort of cloaking device. Why bother? We would be to them as ants or worms are to us. To steal a phrase from Dr Neil Tyson.. "When was the last time you spoke to a worm and expected it to reply back?"

Next.. any species that has the ability to travel between stars has billions of other stars to choose from that put out MUCH more energy than ours does. Further to that, if a ship were to park itself where these pictures suggest would be the equivalent of parking your car inside the massive tank that holds the fuel under the gas station and then pumping the fuel into the car. Im sure that if we can find easier and safer ways to do that here, with our level of tech, that a space faring species would have safer/easier ways to do that as well. Think about it logically.. why would anyone park a vehicle THAT size THAT close to the fuel source? What happens if there's a solar flare? What happens if there's a CME? How much MORE energy are you pouring OUT of your vehicle to fight against the gravity of the sun, so that you can "refuel" your space craft?

One of the claims is that the vehicle is EARTH sized. We already know that physical objects have mass.. anything that passes through the boson field has mass, so a vehicle with THAT much mass is going to have to fight its own gravity AS WELL as that of the sun to maintain a stationary orbit.

If you go back and pay attention to the ENTIRE lecture Kaku gives, youll also note that interstellar species require massive amounts of energy.. equivalent to the amount of energy our sun produces in its LIFETIME.. so are they "just topping up?" If they're using this kind of technology you're referring to why havent they drained the sun dry?

This is where Occam's Razor comes into play.. what is more likely... a mysterious interstellar species with massive power requirements pops into our solar system to steal JUST enough solar energy to top up their storage cells OR.. its what Mick and the others have been saying and its just an artifact caused by the cameras we use here on earth?

Most often times the most simple solution, is the correct solution. Does this mean that Im dismissing the idea of NTIs? No. It does mean, however, that there's not enough evidence to suggest that we are now, or have ever been visited, nor are we likely TO be visited anytime soon.. especially given the fact that we're still in our technological infancy and cant get our asses beyond the stupidity of skin color and religion as a reason to hate one another.

Personally, Id love to have NTIs visit this planet in my life time, or for us to send a probe that finds ANY kind of life in our solar system, let alone another planet in our galaxy.. but we have to accept the fact that there's absolutely zero evidence to support the hypothesis that Non Terrestrial Intelligence have visited this planet and/or our solar system. Im not turning a blind eye, or being closed minded.. Im LOOKING for evidence to support the idea, but every piece of supposed evidence thats come around has either had a reasonabl/rational explanation or has been a hoax... or a TV commercial.

Here's a good documentary from NOVA on the very subject:

Last edited:
Agreed except it wouldn't surprise me if we never got over religion and race entirely. There's a strong biological imperitive to abhor the other. Rising completely above that may prove impossible.

At least with race homogenization seems inevitable [edit- as a single planet species. After that all bets are off]. With religion schism seems to be the dominant force.

Agreed except it wouldn't surprise me if we never got over religion and race entirely. There's a strong biological imperitive to abhor the other. Rising completely above that may prove impossible.

At least with race homogenization seems inevitable [edit- as a single planet species. After that all bets are off]. With religion schism seems to be the dominant force.

I agree.. I was using that as an example of how childish we were and going on the benevolent contact premise whereby we'll be ignored until such time as we mature as a species... "Forgetting old hatreds" being part of that maturity.

There's always going to be some form of disagreement between whether or not a deity exists or not, and if one does there's always going to be an argument over the best way to serve or worship said deity. Look at the dozens if not hundreds of christian groups that exist... They all worship the same God but every last one of them says that their way is the right way and that everyone else is wrong... which is exactly why I agree with you Spectrar.

That would require some new physics, but sure, anything is possible.

No new physics required. A spaceship of any size can be built in space with only resources and technology as restrictions.
I would be surprised if there are not much more advanced civilizations than ours out there and we probably would not even recognize their spacecraft as such.

Anyway very insightful and knowledgeable posts, thank you.
I was wondering though.
I take it the "cavity is held together by electromagnetism?
But how does it appear to maintain its form and move away from the sun rather than just collapse?

It's a vortex, which is metastable. Provided it's not disrupted by forces over a certain threshold, which varies with several factors, it will remain intact until it's energy is dissipated. Loop currents and smoke rings are two examples of vortices that persist on Earth with no continuous energy input.

You can create a similar metastable system in a pool (if the pump is too strong, you might have to turn it off first). Once started, the vortex system will simply continue until there is nowhere left for it to continue, or until something breaks it.

It's a vortex, which is metastable. Provided it's not disrupted by forces over a certain threshold, which varies with several factors, it will remain intact until it's energy is dissipated. Loop currents and smoke rings are two examples of vortices that persist on Earth with no continuous energy input.

But how do you form a vortex in a vacuum and why in the first instance and if that part of space which consists of the cavity is not a vacuum how does it maintain the vortex when it moves away and what is the trigger for it to move away rather than simply collapse or dissipate?

It is a fascinating phenomenon anyway but can't help but feel we haven't quite nailed the physics somehow.

It's not in a vacuum, the sun has an extensive, turbulent, and magnetically active atmosphere. The inside itself is also not vacuum, it appears darker because it is cooler than the surrounding material, the same reason sunspots appear dark - it's cooler than its surroundings (but still incredibly hot - the sun's atmosphere actually gets hotter as you gain altitude above the visible surface), not empty.

It won't dissipate or collapse unless acted on by an outside force, and most of the forces in the sun's atmosphere are driven by its magnetic field. We typically see less violent features form into arcs (the "sphere" here is actually arched cylinder, similar to the intestinal X-rays farther up the thread, you see a round shape where you're looking down its length highlighted by the hotter gas around its perimeter, but it may not be visible at all where you're looking through the walls backlit by the photosphere), and the arcs will usually rise or fall as the magnetic field lines shift.

These are not static fields, a loose analogy would be the gradeschool experiment where you put iron filings on a desk with a strong magnet:

I can't find a good video where they move the magnet, which sucks, but I can kinda see - you'll usually get clumps instead of the effect I'm talking about, since the iron filings themselves become magnets and screw up the field. It's a hard experiment to do, and I've only seen it done properly once myself.

Anyway, in an ideal setup, when you move the magnet, the arcs on one side will "fall" towards it, while the arcs on the other side will "rise" away from it. The same effects are seen with various solar features, like these cavities and the more familiar prominences.

That said, I'm not entirely sure it's actually rising. Like I said, it's an arched feature that wraps around the face and far side of the sun, but is only visible where it loops around the limb. When the visible portion rises, it could be the entire feature rising as I described, but it could also be the sun's rotation carrying it around, so the part we see is now closer to the peak than the end.

Just a natural phenomenon huh? One that has never been recorded before. None of the excuses stated above match what we see here.

The thing has a shape. It literally flies away and in doing so massively ripples the surface of the sun.

Anyone who assumes it just can't be a ship, a structure, an entity is doing just that...blindly assuming. Aliens that can harness the power of stars can look like anything, be anything. What else should an unimaginably advanced species appear as?

Some have asked - Why are we special? Why our sun? Well we're not necessarily special but perhaps merely convenient. Maybe it was simply passing by this way and absorbed some energy to keep going. Stars are very far apart and it could be going anywhere coming from anywhere else. If it travels vast distances through space then its seemingly impossible size, speed and mode of energy absorption would make perfect sense, even to us simple primates.

Sometimes it really is best not to get completely lost in technicalities and the limits of our own knowledge and use our common sense. Stephen Hawking once said something like It isn't what we don't know that will kill us but what we THINK we know. This is no solar flare, no blast of plasma. Completely unlike our observations of those phenomena. It remained stationary...for a couple days. Then it FLEW AWAY. This video is astonishing.

Being able to accept what we are seeing has a lot to do with one's capability to accept that there really is other life in this galaxy of unknown dimensions and advancement.

Just a natural phenomenon huh? One that has never been recorded before. None of the excuses stated above match what we see here.

The thing has a shape. It literally flies away and in doing so massively ripples the surface of the sun.

Anyone who assumes it just can't be a ship, a structure, an entity is doing just that...blindly assuming. Aliens that can harness the power of stars can look like anything, be anything. What else should an unimaginably advanced species appear as?

Some have asked - Why are we special? Why our sun? Well we're not necessarily special but perhaps merely convenient. Maybe it was simply passing by this way and absorbed some energy to keep going. Stars are very far apart and it could be going anywhere coming from anywhere else. If it travels vast distances through space then its seemingly impossible size, speed and mode of energy absorption would make perfect sense, even to us simple primates.

Sometimes it really is best not to get completely lost in technicalities and the limits of our own knowledge and use our common sense. Stephen Hawking once said something like It isn't what we don't know that will kill us but what we THINK we know. This is no solar flare, no blast of plasma. Completely unlike our observations of those phenomena. It remained stationary...for a couple days. Then it FLEW AWAY. This video is astonishing.

Being able to accept what we are seeing has a lot to do with one's capability to accept that there really is other life in this galaxy of unknown dimensions and advancement.

Coronal Cavities (CC)are being observed regularly. Solar physicists are studying it, see f.i
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Solar-Spacecraft-Fleet-Surveys-Coronal-Cavities-293971.shtml
“Sometimes these cavities can be stable for days and weeks, but then suddenly erupt into a CME. We want to understand how that happens. We’re accessing so much data, so it’s an exciting time – with all these observations, our understanding is coming together to form a consistent story,”
Content from External Source
This one in particular was immediately recognised as such: (source: http://www.solarham.net/older3.htm)
(bold by me)

Updated 3/11/2012 @ 23:30 UTC
Filament and Prominence Liftoff
Today we have a very tightly compacted solar filament tube off the southeast limb. Filaments are large regions that contain very dense, cool gas, held in place by the Sun's magnetic field in the Photosphere Region. These Solar Filaments can sometimes last for several days or months. Filaments and Solar Prominences are the same type of event. This type of event is considered a prominence when it is located off the limb of the Sun and appears bright against the darkness of space. It is called a filament when the cooler gas inside makes it appear darker against the background of the Sun.

UPDATE: A prominence lifted off in the southeast quadrant and a bright plasma cloud is seen racing away from the Sun. Because of the location, the expanding CME will not be directed towards the Earth. Image is below.

CME (Early Monday) - SDO

SE Limb Filament (Sunday) - SDO

Content from External Source
so, if it looks like a CC, walks like a CC and quacks like a CC -- it probably is a CC.
Of course -- it could also be an alien spaceship pretending to be a CC.

Never observed before? At solar minimum we observe about one of these per week, and near solar maximum it can be as many as three per day.

Incidentally, we also watched this one form. I hope I can hotlink this image:

If not, just below the "spaceship" static image here: http://space.gizmodo.com/coronal-cavities-are-not-alien-spaceships-refeuling-1562241677

You can watch it form in this animation. Initially there is just the filament, which is not a clean "stream" but a cluster of chaotic features. Then the cavity forms closer to the surface, initially much flatter and not round, and rises away from the sun before erupting in a coronal mass ejection.

I find it more probable (weighting the odds comparing the size of the universe, or just our galaxy in comparison on the count of neighbouring galaxies and solar systems) that this is alien technology. Searching for explanations with our limited and rudimentary knowledge of the universe and science is just a parody. None of those pictures of that so called cavities has similarities to this, also no one could explain the behavior in post #33 (https://www.metabunk.org/posts/55909/)

None of those pictures of that so called cavities has similarities to this
Perhaps you could post the photo of the cavity that is most similar, and then explain why you think it is different. There seem to be several examples given above of both the cavity and the barb/filament.

Back