Crisis Actors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AluminumTheory

Senior Member.
This seems to be the go to conspiracy theory now for pretty much any disaster. I personally never heard the term until Sandy Hook, but like many CTs, I would guess that it's origins go back further.

TBH, I have never looked into them in depth, mostly because I find them ridiculous. All you have to do now is find a guy who kinda looks like another guy and voila! You have a crisis actor conspiracy theory.

I recently stumbled across this page, http://www.wellaware1.com/. The author seems to believe that everybody, and I MEAN EVERYBODY is an actor.....

Crisis actors are a real thing though, there actually are actors used in drills to pretend to be injured.

Unfortunately in the Conspiracy Theory world, the term now only used to refer to people who are secretly acting in a fake situation that the powers that be are trying to pass off as real.

http://crisisactors.org/

wellaware1 is Ed Chiarini, he's been mentioned here before several time in connection with the Sandy Hook shooting. See:

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/de...-laura-phelps-actors-jennifer-greenberg.1231/

Last edited:
Well to be clear, I knew that there were such a thing at crisis actors, but I had never heard of any conspiracy theories involving them until Sandy Hook.

Well to be clear, I knew that there were such a thing at crisis actors, but I had never heard of any conspiracy theories involving them until Sandy Hook.

I may be wrong but I think it all started with James Tracy, a lecturer at Florida University. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/08/fau-professor-newtown-massacre-james-tracy_n_2428898.html

It really is a ridiculous claim and fails at most levels. At the end of the day actors are not well known for their discretion are they? ;)

Actors aren't known for discretion, sure, but it's a whole different ball park when signing a government contract. It's not like they can just go around talking about what they do. FEMA has plenty of employees in this field; it's for emergency preparedness. Disaster training. Whether there's involvement in actual events such as Boston has yet to be proven. Why people are so certain these people are actors without credible evidence is beyond me. I'm not saying it's not a possibility; it's just a leap.

Actors aren't known for discretion, sure, but it's a whole different ball park when signing a government contract. It's not like they can just go around talking about what they do. FEMA has plenty of employees in this field; it's for emergency preparedness. Disaster training. Whether there's involvement in actual events such as Boston has yet to be proven. Why people are so certain these people are actors without credible evidence is beyond me. I'm not saying it's not a possibility; it's just a leap.

Do you have any proof that FEMA has any employees in this field? FEMA has guidelines for local agencies hiring said employees but zero employees working for FEMA unless you can show proof.

Proof? Go to their site. They have job listings right on there.
Not to mention they have videos on YouTube showing how they set up 'hyper-real' scenarios to train first responders for preparedness. I'm posting from my phone so it's harder to link things, but basically google FEMA and go to their site and poke around the career section. Or go to YouTube and look for their videos. Easy to find.

No, it is not a leap, it is total crap. What are the government asking them to do? Role play one televised scenario and then give up their career for the rest of their life in case they get spotted? Some idiot in Florida puts the idea out there and suddenly you have people stroking their chins and thinking mmm?

I sometimes volunteer for a game in the UK called 2.8 hours later. http://8hourslater.com/how-to-play You know it is a little suspect. Why have all these actors that can play zombies and never make use of them. Is this a cunning plot to get the population acclimatised to the realities that we will become a zombie nation if they start fluoridating the water, installing smart meters or introducing GM food?

And I research and often dress up as a lady from 10th century Ireland. There are thousands of us that do that and similar hobbies. Are we being 'trained' to live in the middle ages or the Old West?

What are you guys even talking about? None of this is really relevant to crisis actors, sounds to me like you're just poking fun at the idea. These guys act in hyper real situations to help train first responders to do their jobs efficiently. If you are making fun of them, maybe you should be poking fun at the fools who sign up and go to war and risk their lives. At least these folks aren't putting themselves in danger in the name of 'freedom'
Maybe actors aren't involved in things like the Boston attacks. But it's because of these folks that first responders are better able to do their jobs and save actual lives. They're moreso heroes than some guy in a foreign country with guns killing people.

For what? Believing in a real thing that exists? Are you guys against outsiders in this forum? I think some people here may be a little bias.

Where is YOUR evidence that 'crisis actors' were used in Newtown or Boston or anywhere AFTER something happened?

You claimed that FEMA hired them and then didn't give any evidence.

Volunteers are often used for training drills.

Try Googling disaster drills volunteers and you will get pages

ttps://www.google.com/search?q=disaster+drill+volunteers&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

It seems that governments aren't the only groups that do disaster drills and that use volunteers, other non profits do that as well.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/d...food-bank/-/1735978/20586220/-/xmnke6/-/index

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/5/prweb10759836.htm

Volunteering to help in a disaster drill is not the same as being a 'crisis actor'.

There are some 'crisis actors'

http://crisisactors.org/

Please read that page, they are not what you seem to think they are.

For what? Believing in a real thing that exists? Are you guys against outsiders in this forum? I think some people here may be a little bias.

for believing in a conspiracy theory that has no good evidence to support it of course - what did you expect after all the silly claims have been debunked and you keep on with it?

Can you provide evidence that FEMA hires crisis actors? Remember, FEMA is not a first responder agency and therefore would not train at that level.

They train all the time, here is the calendar.

http://www.ct.gov/demhs/ical/calendar.asp

none of which are first responder training that I can see

Let's check the date in question:

12/14 9 AM - 4 PM
FEMA L-366 Planning for the Needs of Children in Disasters

http://www.ct.gov/demhs/ical/eventDetail_page.asp?date_ID=CAC9C6C9CD83CDC9C7

Also not first responder training:

The goal of the course is to enable participants to improve their community’s mitigation and emergency operations plan specifically regarding the needs of children. The course will provide them with the information needed to address the unique needs of children prior to, during and following disasters. It will also provide them guidance and direction on how to form coalitions and how to become advocates for the unique needs of children in all aspects of emergency management.

After completing this course, participants will be able to:
• Articulate the importance of providing for the needs of children in disasters in your community’s current emergency management plan.
• Explain what is required to keep children safe in emergencies and why those needs are unique.
.....etc
Content from External Source

With all that training on how to keep children safe in the event of an emergency, you would think they would do a better job.

There are too many unanswered questions. Why? This is not a national security case, there's nothing to hide, so why not use this information to keep other schools safe? Why are there no photos released from the crime scene? The lone shooter is dead, so it's not like there's a trial coming up where a jury may be tainted.

I'm not trying to derail the thread from crisis actors, but if I may, can someone please answer these questions?

1. How did he get in the building?
He couldn't shoot through the door because the glass has a metal screen in the glass. Go to any school and look at their doors. Why not look at the evidence of this entry and make sure other schools learn from this experience? Do we need to change all the doors?

2. What about the gun in the trunk?
Did you see the video of them handling the gun? Is this any way to treat a crime scene? What exactly do they train about crime scene investigation?

3. How did they identify the kids?
By showing photos of their faces? What faces? They were shot multiple times. The kids were huddling together, but he carefully shot them and left their faces intact?

4. Why did the coroner not know anything about the bodies?
He didn't know how many were boys, how many were girls, he didn't even know what kind of bullets were used. What kind of coroner is this?

Isn't there a thread or two or 3 where all those points have been discussed?

It seem that when it is shown that a poster's of what crisis actors are, they retreat to a short Gish Gallop that is unrelated to the subject.

With all that training on how to keep children safe in the event of an emergency, you would think they would do a better job.

"all that training"?? A course for communities to help kids is "all that training"??

Do you expect the community volunteers or disaster workers to be perfect or something? It is training - if it improves what would have happened before such training then it is a success - expecting perfection is just setting up a strawman!

Isn't there a thread or two or 3 where all those points have been discussed?

It seem that when it is shown that a poster's of what crisis actors are, they retreat to a short Gish Gallop that is unrelated to the subject.

FYI crisis actors are at the site of the first blast. The second blast are the real injuries, so no photos.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is fucked.

edit..
I mean, I do not see the point of this and it seems to unnecessarily mock victims in a way that makes me wonder about the failure of basic empathy in certain segments of the population.

What you link to is not evidence that FEMA is a first responder. FEMA sponsors training.

I'm not sure why it matters whether FEMA is a first responder or not, but for clarification:

Community Emergency Response Team or CERT step in to provide aide to people who find themselves in any type of disaster.

The CERT program is part of FEMA.

http://www.turnto23.com/news/local-...unity-safe-during-emergency-situations-070713

One of the primary ways the federal government supports first responders is through Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) grant programs, which fund a range of emergency preparedness and response activities

http://price.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2502&Itemid=100251

I won't post the photo of the guy with his legs blown off, since some people may find it offensive. However, where is the tourniquet? Why is he not on a stretcher? Why did a woman with fewer injuries get a stretcher and got carried out first? This one:

Tazmanian. In the first picture the areas of injury are obscured in your photograph, although you can clearly see her jacket is damaged, and what was the time of the photograph as compared to the second? Much of what seems to be on this poor ladys face are smears and finger marks. As to the poor lady on the stretcher, who knows? Disaster areas are very confusing areas and notoriously difficult to manage. A medic made a call, simple as that.

As to a tourniquet. Why would one be needed? Don't tell me. You have seen it on a film. This is not fucked up,
[...], along with that list of tragedies you posted.

Tazmanian. In the first picture the areas of injury are obscured in your photograph, although you can clearly see her jacket is damaged, and what was the time of the photograph as compared to the second? Much of what seems to be on this poor ladys face are smears and finger marks. As to the poor lady on the stretcher, who knows? Disaster areas are very confusing areas and notoriously difficult to manage. A medic made a call, simple as that.

As to a tourniquet. Why would one be needed? Don't tell me. You have seen it on a film. This is not fucked up, you are fucked up, along with that list of tragedies you posted.

I could take you frame by frame, but it's even more graphic. If you're really interested, feel free to google it, it's all there.

"A medic made a call, simple as that."

That's just it, medics are trained to triage, which means they attend to the most severe injuries first. The guy with his legs blown off is clearly a priority.

This is a photo of a real person, not an actor, and the AP has no sales agreement with him, so it can only be used in an editorial.

Compared to this photo, which is available for sale.

Source: Associated Press
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/two-explosions-boston-marathon-finish-line-0

What segment of the population would that be? The segment that asks questions?
No, the segment that takes a photo, puts arrows and question marks on it and thinks that is a valid investigation. I've seen work stuck to fridges that has more intellectual merit.

I could take you frame by frame, but it's even more graphic. If you're really interested, feel free to google it, it's all there.

"A medic made a call, simple as that."

That's just it, medics are trained to triage, which means they attend to the most severe injuries first. The guy with his legs blown off is clearly a priority.

This is a photo of a real person, not an actor, and the AP has no sales agreement with him, so it can only be used in an editorial.

Compared to this photo, which is available for sale.

Source: Associated Press
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/two-explosions-boston-marathon-finish-line-0

Do you know anything about casualty simulation? Do you know the time and materials necessary to put such injuries in place? To give that lady the injuries would take 20 to 30 minutes, never mind the poor sod with his lower legs blown off.

Why is the guy with his legs blown of a priority? Do you know what injuries the lady on the stretcher may have. How do you know she is not suffering from overpressure injuries, internal or skeletal? I certainly can't tell. Also while triage may well mean that the most serious injuries are treated first it does not mean that others are left. Don't forget you want to get those with lesser injuries out of the way. Is evacuation not a priority in triage? A medic has made a call with this lady, as simple as that.

Is evacuation not a priority in triage? A medic has made a call with this lady, as simple as that.

No, evacuation is not a priority over someone bleeding out. Well, since the medic made that call, it should be fine then. If you were the guy bleeding out, you would be fine with that call, since the medic made it. Right?

No, evacuation is not a priority over someone bleeding out. Well, since the medic made that call, it should be fine then. If you were the guy bleeding out, you would be fine with that call, since the medic made it. Right?
Is the guy bleeding out? Would he have to be bleeding out, especially given the blood supply to the lower leg. To interprete a photo he certainly seems to have a high GCS, so how severe is his blood loss? How do you know the woman on the stretcher does NOT have a barotrauma? Obviously you know the priorities of triage and is not breathing the first issue? Can you discount that for the lady on the stretcher?

So first question. What injuries does the lady on the stretcher potentially have? I recommend you read up about primary blast injuries.

You tell me. The guy with the traumatic amputation seems to be stable and the bleeding has stopped, possibly due to the contraction of the muscles.

May I ask what experience you have of triage and blast trauma? Also I presume that in your training you have come into contact with casualty simulation so can you tell me exactly what would be required, well as the time required, to produce an injury like the poor bloke with the traumatic amputation, especially given the lower leg has been degloved.

I for one am sick and tired of folks that make up and that 'buy into' harmful, damaging tales like 'crisis actors'.

Not all explosive amputations 'bleed out'. If they did, we would have a lot less vets coming home without limbs.

http://www.royonrescue.com/2013/05/why-wouldnt-someone-bleed-much-after-a-traumatic-amputation/

http://quinazagga.wordpress.com/2013/04/27/more-hoaxes-and-fake-news-and-hoax-creation/

A head injury leads to a higher priority than someone with controlled bleeding. I cannot say for certain but she may have other injuries in the chest (unclear) which would take a precedence. The wide open eyes is common with someone who is having repirations problems or head injury. I say this as head injuries cause confusion and respiratory problems and if it is a respiratory problem then the eyes lose oxygen flow and you start to lose vision like in passing out. In addition explosions are nortorious for causing tension pneumothoracies, which is an immediate concern and an immediate life threat.
Picture 4

This picture is used to point out that blood is not spraying. I cannot say if there is any sort of belt or restricting band on the injury slowing blood flow in this picture. What I can attest to is that in a complete amputation, the arteries and veins quiver and retract stopping blood flow. If a tourniquet is not applied then the arteries will relax and the patient will bleed out.

What to do
If you witness an amputation:
Call emergency services.
Stop the bleeding. A complete amputation may not bleed very much. The cut blood vessels may spasm, pull back into the injured part, and shrink. This slows or stops the bleeding. If there is bleeding, do the following:

source
Additionally the comment that his blood pressure would drop causing him to pass out is incorrect. BP (blood pressure) is the relationship of how much space available blood has to fill. Shock is the body pulling blood into the major organs. This man has lost blood from the tissue amputated, but with a tourniquet the size of the container the blood has to fill is decreased (body minus space of legs). The patients BP can maintain but saline is recommended to increase volume of blood.
I cannot say I have all the answers, if you have a question I will try to figure it out off of these pics or find others. If you see an error in my assesment let me know. I am hoping to dispell some misconceptions on the injured that are being continuously used in posts

will start this by describing my credentals on this subject
I spent 15 years as a Cavalry Scout in the Army. I have deployed to Bosnia, Kosovo, Iraq, and Afghanistan. I have seen numerous IED attacks, and mine strikes. I have been injured by an IED. I have been in charge of mas cas events, and treated patients in a mas cas event.
After I was forced into retirement from the Army, I became a EMT-Basic, and currently a Paramedic. I have 5 years in EMS (1 year EMT-Basic/ 4 years Paramedic). I have been in mas cas events since I joined EMS, and work in a 911 system as a crew chief. I work part time as a flight medic for a air evacuation service in vicinity of SC.
I am nationaly registered, and SC state certified. If you would like any proof of this I can find means without giving my cert numbers or my identity.
All my conclusions are based off of picture assesments, I cannot be 100% accurate as the only true way to be 100% positive would to be there doing patient assesments.
First you have to understand the method to the maddness of start triage. This is the system EMS uses to attempt to have as many people survive as possible without focusing on one individual. This is a good source to read for an explanation (PDF) Start Triage
After reading this, you will have a better understanding of why EMS did what they did.
I will label each picture, and refer to each with my info.
Picture 1 (pictures edited to meet ATS TOS U2U me if you want direct link)

This picture is used as proof. It is stated that the errors commited are obvious making this a actor. Here is my assesment
#1 it is said that he is smiling and he has too much color. I have to disagree as he appears ashen, and unsure of lip color. It is a misconception that all patients lips turn blue when in shock. I cannot speak for his state of mind as a picture will not give you this answer, is that a smirk or is that confusion setting in? I wasnt there.
#2 #3 This is parts of the tourniquet on his limbs. #2 is the rod being used to constrict the tourniquet and #3 is the parts of the tourniquet. There are numerous ways to do one, but this appears to be effective. I cannot not speak for his right leg as I cannot get a clear view.
#4 It is stated that there is no spraying blood or dripping blood. A tourniquet effectively cuts off all blood flow to the limb below it and residual would be gone minus wetness dependant on time. This damage is consistant with a blast as that is a partial tibia protruding (not a turkey leg). No signs are observable of this person having a previous amputation. I believe he is on a wheel chair is because of triage. Triage, treat immediate life threats, transport are the order. Each ambulance has 1 stretcher, if there are more patients then ambulances then you move the patient as best you can.
The arguement that his legs should be elevated is irrelevant. That position is called the trendelumberg position and is not been taught in EMT- Paramedic classes anymore, as it has not shown to improve patient outcome. In addition elevating tourniqueted legs would have no change in blood pressure as the legs are already excluded from blood flow.
Here is an example of a bi lateral amputation with no bleeding and tourniquets

Picture 2

Picture 3

The woman in picture 2 is atributed to giving a hand signal that the cameras are rolling. To save space you can look at the series of pictures. Is this a signal, or someone that has been struck in the head and feeling her head. If you notice in other pics she has no blood on her hands before touching her head, and blood on her hands and head after touching. Is this her adding fake blood? You can see in picture 3, she has a towel with blood near her head, showing signs that she has a head injury.
Picture 3 is used to say why is she spinal immobilzed and on a stretcher when picture 1 has a bi lateral amputation on a wheel chair. It also atributed that she is getting treatment before the amputations.
First she is not spinal immoblized, she is just on a stretcher. If you read the start triage you would see that respiration, pulse and memory play a role in transport decision (plus you cant see if amputation patient is still there). A head injury leads to a higher priority than someone with controlled bleeding. I cannot say for certain but she may have other injuries in the chest (unclear) which would take a precedence. The wide open eyes is common with someone who is having repirations problems or head injury. I say this as head injuries cause confusion and respiratory problems and if it is a respiratory problem then the eyes lose oxygen flow and you start to lose vision like in passing out. In addition explosions are nortorious for causing tension pneumothoracies, which is an immediate concern and an immediate life threat.
Picture 4

This picture is used to point out that blood is not spraying. I cannot say if there is any sort of belt or restricting band on the injury slowing blood flow in this picture. What I can attest to is that in a complete amputation, the arteries and veins quiver and retract stopping blood flow. If a tourniquet is not applied then the arteries will relax and the patient will bleed out.

What to do
If you witness an amputation:
Call emergency services.
Stop the bleeding. A complete amputation may not bleed very much. The cut blood vessels may spasm, pull back into the injured part, and shrink. This slows or stops the bleeding. If there is bleeding, do the following:

source
Additionally the comment that his blood pressure would drop causing him to pass out is incorrect. BP (blood pressure) is the relationship of how much space available blood has to fill. Shock is the body pulling blood into the major organs. This man has lost blood from the tissue amputated, but with a tourniquet the size of the container the blood has to fill is decreased (body minus space of legs). The patients BP can maintain but saline is recommended to increase volume of blood.
I cannot say I have all the answers, if you have a question I will try to figure it out off of these pics or find others. If you see an error in my assesment let me know. I am hoping to dispell some misconceptions on the injured that are being continuously used in posts

will start this by describing my credentals on this subject
I spent 15 years as a Cavalry Scout in the Army. I have deployed to Bosnia, Kosovo, Iraq, and Afghanistan. I have seen numerous IED attacks, and mine strikes. I have been injured by an IED. I have been in charge of mas cas events, and treated patients in a mas cas event.
After I was forced into retirement from the Army, I became a EMT-Basic, and currently a Paramedic. I have 5 years in EMS (1 year EMT-Basic/ 4 years Paramedic). I have been in mas cas events since I joined EMS, and work in a 911 system as a crew chief. I work part time as a flight medic for a air evacuation service in vicinity of SC.
I am nationaly registered, and SC state certified. If you would like any proof of this I can find means without giving my cert numbers or my identity.
All my conclusions are based off of picture assesments, I cannot be 100% accurate as the only true way to be 100% positive would to be there doing patient assesments.
First you have to understand the method to the maddness of start triage. This is the system EMS uses to attempt to have as many people survive as possible without focusing on one individual. This is a good source to read for an explanation (PDF)
Content from External Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back