Debunking Humor...

Russian authorities haven't ruled out that Mr Prigozhin's jet might have crashed due to a bird-strike.

The Russian Ornithology Club confirms that large birds sometimes roost in the area where the plane went down.

Untitled.png

Attachments

• jhCNHqk.jpeg.jpg
    jhCNHqk.jpeg.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 54
Two conspiracy theorists die and go to heaven, they are met by God, who says “ sorry lads, there are no conspiracies, what you believed wasn’t true”.
One of them towards to the other and says “ it goes deeper than we thought”.

I'm generally sceptical of the claims made for overpriced charlatanry er, traditional Eastern Science,
but a bit of strength training, maintaining flexibility and practising relaxation can't do too much harm-
-so I had a bit of sympathy for the people who inadvertently ended up the subjects of this story:

1.JPG

2.JPG
3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG
6.JPG

From BBC News, 08/09/23
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-66742339

On the serious side- and assuming that the "witnesses" contacted the police in good faith- it's a pretty good demonstration of how people can misinterpret what they see.

(I felt the name of the BBC report writer- Pritti Mistry- was pleasantly apt, in a homophonous sort of way, in this case).

Shamelessly stolen and cropped from @Charlie Wiser at https://threedollarkit.weebly.com/blog/the-journalist-the-scientist-and-the-bodyguard . Apparently, these images (not the captions!) ran on an actual news segment about UFOs.
This is from Coulthart's Out of this World special that uncritically featured these clips, along with Jim's ball and Aussie researcher Damien's blurry photos and blistered arm caused by looking at a UFO (his eyes and face were unaffected).

I don't know why Coulthart's rep in the field wasn't left in tatters three minutes after this utter nonsense aired. But no, his star keeps rising. Is it the accent?

I have not thought about Zardoz in YEARS. Now I have to start over, not thinking about Zardoz.
The local arts cinema screened /Zardoz/ about a year ago, and the little group of residents in our block all decided to go. None of them had seen it before, apart from the g/f & I. They were a little bit confused as we met up up the pub next to the cinema beforehand with the g/f wearing this:

(As, to be honest, were about 90% of the people at the screening, it's probably the first time it's been aired in the country.)
Next week, they have a screening of /A Clockwork Orange/. Very tempted to do something special for that...

The gun is good. The penis is evil... Go forth and kill.

When you expand to above to full screen, the panel on which Data is working is also moving around independently of the rest of the set. My love of Trek is largely limited to the original series -- any NG fans here know whether that is a design feature "in-show" for that panel, or is it just something along the lines of why every chair except the Captain's was not bolted to the floor in the original series bridge, and were free to fall over when the shaking started in earnest?

"The needs of the set dresser outweigh the needs of the bridge crew."

"If aliens from outer space come and we show them our civilization and they make fun of it, we should say we were just kidding, that it isn't really our civilization, but a gag we hoped they would like. Then we tell them to come back in 20 years to see our real civilization. After that, we start a crash program of coming up with an impressive new civilization. Either that, or just shoot down the aliens as they're waving good-bye."

-Jack Handey

The gun is good. The penis is evil... Go forth and kill.

Memo:

While praising the safe environment, the happy and attentive atmosphere and noting the undoubted efforts to make faith relevant in the contemporary world, some of the parish inspectors felt that the Sister Bernadette's Sunday School attendees might benefit from more traditional retellings of the Biblical stories on occasion.

Rating: 8/10.

"If aliens from outer space come and we show them our civilization and they make fun of it, we should say we were just kidding, that it isn't really our civilization, but a gag we hoped they would like. Then we tell them to come back in 20 years to see our real civilization. After that, we start a crash program of coming up with an impressive new civilization. Either that, or just shoot down the aliens as they're waving good-bye."

-Jack Handey

don't make eye contact

Attachments

• fpLYXrD_d.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Back