Debunking Humor...

sod it, might as well finish the series...

The new series of Charlie Brookers Weekly Wipe (the show that these gems are featured in has just started on the BBC, I'll post them as soon as they are available

More than an order of magnitude, it's effectively infinite. The whole anti-vaxx thing started with a study with 6 subjects , and the numerous studies refuting it have covered tens of thousands of direct subjects and millions of patient worth of collected records and prior study examinations. New studies of that type are done every year just to keep pace with repetition of that one study, that will continue to grow probably forever.

99% of debunking is just putting the kettle on the floor*, the actual appearance of new bunk seems pretty rare compared to just repeating the same bunk with "absolute" and "100% undebunkable" in front of it.

*-Math joke:
A study puts two people, a mathematician and and engineer, in rooms with a lit stove and a pot of water on the floor. They're told to boil the water. Both pick the pot up and put it on the stove.

They're then put in a second room, this time with the pot on a table. The engineer puts the pot on the stove. The mathematician puts it on the floor and leaves, reducing the problem to one with a known solution.

*-Math joke:

"Got it"...though somewhat 'philosophical' perhaps?

When it involves 'humour' well there is a 'level' of humour that doesn't always "cross boundaries".... (cough, cough...Charlie Hebdot...cough, cough).

ADDING? I FULLY support the efforts of ALL comedians....whichever they use as satire!!

I'm a HUGE fan of satire, in any form that I find amusing.....(and sorry if this causes problems with anyone else....MY "right" to say what I think).

This isnt EXACTLY debunking humor (even though, apparently it has to deal with how rods and cones act in human eyes) but its still bloody hilarious.

Does the S hemisphere smell musky to anyone else...? :D

yeah so it maybe a bit dank down here but we got way better stars, i can see the milky way laid out horizon to horizon out my window ( see vid ) all you mob got is that big dipper thing bah big deal :)

enjoy my sky

:confused:
i dont know about the DHMO, but that "bread" definitely looks funky. it looks like two flip flops.

Probably the industrial solvent aspect LOL (JUST for clarification.. DiHydrogen MonOxide is water.. H2O is just how we're used to seeing it, but DHMO works just as well)

Schroeder's cat was in a state of being both alive and dead at the same time until Charles M Shultz drew him, and thus collapsed the probability waveform and you could see which he was. ;)

I absolutely love Schrodinger's cat stuff.

Schrodinger was wrong about the cat.

There are three items

1. The cat.
2. The barrier that prevents you seeing the cat.
3. The observers, beyond the barrier, knowledge of the well being of the cat.

Only a non-logician would conflate 3 with 1. The truth is that your knowledge of an event is quite independent of the event. Remember peek-a-boo?

You could say that 2 just samples or defines your knowledge about the cat. i.e. 3 it is a remote view of the cats' wellbeing, nothing more. Neither 2 nor 3 affect 1.

Ah yes....Di-Hydrogen Monoxide MUST BE BANNED!!!!

It has killed so many people, for centuries!

That evil H2O is deadly.

Please, be sure to sign the petition.....(huh? Wait, what?? .......mumbling.......the petition is where?.......)

OK.....Stand By for a bit, we'll be back (.....more mumbling......huh? Oveur! Under!....."Huh?" "Roger, Oveur"...."Huh"??)......

{Reference}: Clip from 'Airplane!'

Not sure where this should go but the robo spew scene sent it here for the fun

Cgi contrails in vid games skip to 3.10 or dig out other Scream ride review vids for persistent feathering trails to be seen but add to that fodder for AE911Truthers with buildings reaching structural integrity

Back