Debunking Humor...

You might be a bigger "nerd" than me!!!
This is where I would normally make fun of the nerdiness of my intrepid brothers (and occasionally, sisters) here,
but since I made a RZ-1 A-wing Interceptor joke in the last 48 hours, I don't really have traction right now...

Screen Shot 2015-04-15 at 7.30.01 PM.png

Oh...my....(insert "imaginary diety" here)!!! You might be a bigger "nerd" than me!!!

(ALL good, though....all good....it's OK to cry.....it's ok....to cry.....)

After you're done crying (and I've finished my popcorn) I plan to go back to planning my fleet for Star Wars Armada tomorrow. The Wave 1 expansions aren't out yet so I'm limited to a Victory SD and a few squadrons of TIEs... But that's ok by me.

Nice try,

But they clearly "persist"

And everyone knows Tatooine is basically sand - which is SILICA, which is basically glass

Glass is Heavy (simply physics - drop a glass plate on you foot!!!!!) it will fall to the ground - NOT make a persistent trail

And more, See here 1 min in on the Milenium Falcon - wake up sheeple:D

Nice try,

But they clearly "persist"

And everyone knows Tatooine is basically sand - which is SILICA, which is basically glass

Glass is Heavy (simply physics - drop a glass plate on you foot!!!!!) it will fall to the ground - NOT make a persistent trail

And more, See here 1 min in on the Milenium Falcon - wake up sheeple:D

Except, it isn't Tatooine. :D At least from watching the live feed from today's talk at the Star Wars celebration, it was reveled that the desert planet is a different place. Sorry, I forget what Kathleen Kennedy called it.

lol I get the humor. :) And yes, it would be hard for her not to shill for her own production. No msm involved though.

it was interesting actually, because, after I had posted, i did think "mmmm it is just a dust trail, not really even a contrail"

so was not surprised when you obviously debunked it in pretty short order

I then had to get into full CT'er mode (quite an interesting intellectual challenge) and come up with a semi plausible response

sand = glass = heavy = non persistence etc

and in true CT,er style any discussion has to end in a ad hominem attack (which also HAS to mention the MSM)

This reminds me of the time I had a rap battle on my friend's youtube video.

It started off with me just writing a typical retarded youtube comment. Randomly insulting and with appalling spelling and grammar cos it ain't a PROPER youtube video without a comment like that. and then we started having an insult match that somehow turned into a rap battle. Sadly he deleted his account so only my half got left on there which was even more bizarre.

Didn't know where to put this, I found it a bit funny so... How the hell do pick a cargo hold to take a nap in? I guess lucky it was the pressurized hold used to hold caged pets.
Baggage handler falls asleep in cargo hold.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/baggage-handler-fell-asleep-cargo-hold-falling-luggage/story?id=30385071
"I'm inside a plane, and I feel like it's moving in the air. Flight 448. Can you please have somebody stop it?" he said, according to audio from the call released Thursday.
Content from External Source

Yeah, from the BBC link

"It might not be the droid you're looking for, but a plane painted to look like R2-D2 could be the next best thing for Star Wars fans waiting for The Force Awakens."

Are the photos real or computer simulations - they do look "generated"

An interesting and humorous unravelling of 'why'. Only been out for a couple of hours but showed it to a mate who was/is a truther but has had a moment of re-thinking now.

More suspicious barrel payload evidence and pre 1995 as well

hard-2Bdriveps.jpg

In September 1956, the 305 RAMAC was launched by IBM. This was the first computer to have a hard disk drive (HDD). It weighed over a ton and could store 5MB data.

Oh...Kaaaaaayy....I will take up this "challenge":

here!! --- The best video (from so-called "youtube"...from a few years ago...meh...)!!! To finally "settle" this!!!

BEHOLD!!! (Sorry....turn your "Nerd Volume Knob" up to "11"!!):
I'll just go ahead and claim the title of King Nerd around here by pointing out that I wrote an entire article on my STO fleet's blog explaining why the Enterprise should been able to survive this shot since the Death Star's anti-ship firing mode is lower yield than the shot the Enterprise took shields-down from the Planet Killer, and this is post retrofit, so it should have improved structural integrity fields over that encounter.

I'll just go ahead and claim the title of King Nerd around here by pointing out that I wrote an entire article on my STO fleet's blog explaining why the Enterprise should been able to survive this shot since the Death Star's anti-ship firing mode is lower yield than the shot the Enterprise took shields-down from the Planet Killer, and this is post retrofit, so it should have improved structural integrity fields over that encounter.
Neither would stand a chance against Blake and co in The Liberator.
Liberator was armed with three powerful neutron blaster cannons with one cannon mounted at the end of each of the three nacelles. The weapons were so powerful that a radiation flare shield had to be raised before activation to protect the crew and most targets were vaporized with a single hit. The ship could also fire plasma bolts and a salvo of "seeker" missiles which could decimate planet-side ground targets. Liberator's hull was covered with a material called "herculanium" which was impervious to almost all but the heaviest weapon fire. Liberator could easily withstand the assault of several warships before taking serious damage. Herculanium was explained as an alloy, but also referenced as an element.

Using technology on board the Liberator, Avon developed a practical "detector shield" for the ship by the episode "Trial". The shield made Liberator effectively invisible to any sensors save for a close range visual scan, allowing Blake to make a daring attack on the Federation's military headquarters space station causing extensive damage before the defending ships could respond.
Content from External Source
Fast, well armed, and stealthy. Plus with Orac on board the Liberator, working in conjunction with Zen, The Liberator crew could easily 'hack' the computers on both the Enterprise AND the Death Star, and thus render them both immobile and defenseless.

And I know it's true cos I once penned a bit of fan fiction for a now defunct B7 fan site that pitched the Liberator against the Enterprise-D. (I still have it on the hard drive of my old PC, I will try to retrieve and post if any ones interested.)

In short The Liberator is blown through a worm hole into the Trek universe and needs a warp drive explosion to blow them back. As the Enterprise is the first ship to respond to the wormhole, it is her that Blake blows up. Picards cautious approach to the worm hole and need to expand mans knowledge allows Blake to sneak up on The Enterprise, Orac takes out the ships systems and then Vila cripples The Enterprise with one well aimed low power salvo. At that point Avon pushes for blowing Picard and co up in cold blood, but Blake talks him into letting the crew escape. At that point Orac makes contact with Data. Blake leads a boarding team of himself, Avon, Caley and Ghan, who teleports on to the Enterprises bridge. Warf plays the hero and is KO'ed by Ghan. Wesley crusher tries to play the hero and is shot by Avon. (Troy finds it most odd that there is no remorse amongst her crew mates at Wesley's death). Blake offers Data a place on his crew, and data realizing that Blake and co are far less goody goody and 2D than Picards boys, joins them so he can learn about 'real humanity'. Then Blake gives the Enterprise crew 10 minutes to abandon ship and leaves, and 10 minutes later,with Picard and co in shuttles and escape pods The Enterprise blows up and the blast throws the Liberator back through the worm hole.

I love nerd debates!! ;)

Wesley crusher tries to play the hero and is shot by Avon.

Well at least 1 good thing came of it! :)

We used to hold "Blake's 7" marathons when I was at uni in the mid-late 80's - 13 hours for each series, cheese toasties on the go all the time, and a 2 gallon bucket of home made Sangria! :D All in a slum flat.....

Well at least 1 good thing came of it! :)

We used to hold "Blake's 7" marathons when I was at uni in the mid-late 80's - 13 hours for each series, cheese toasties on the go all the time, and a 2 gallon bucket of home made Sangria! :D All in a slum flat.....
I LOVE the fact nobody feels remorse.

Picard should have upheld the Prime Directive and let Wesley be sentenced to death for walking on the grass (or whatever it was, I am not a Trek nerd, let WeedWhacker explain )

or whatever it was
He stepped on flowers on a planet with a pants-on-head crazy legal system - everything goes, except for one randomly chosen, secret, unmarked location, somewhere on the planet, where even the most minor transgression carries the death penalty. Wesley managed to stumble into the one flower garden on the entire planet where stepping on a flower gets you killed, as opposed to all the other flower gardens where he could have murdered an entire city and everybody would just shrug and say, "What can we do? It's not an enforcement zone for murder."

surely the Federation could have the death penalty for being an annoying sucky douchebag who only got made Ensign cos the Captain wants to bone the mother.

surely the Federation could have the death penalty for being an annoying sucky douchebag who only got made Ensign cos the Captain wants to bone the mother.
At the "federal" level, the Federation only has the death penalty for one freakishly bizarre offense: attempting to make contact with or land on the planet Talos IV. Individual planets in the Federation could still have the death penalty under certain conditions, and of course none of them seem to except when it's batshit insane. For example, on Trill, if two joined symbionts renew a relationship from a previous life with their new hosts, both get an effective death penalty. And on Vulcan, if two guys want to have sex with the same woman, they have to beat each other to death (and killing usually ends pon farr anyway, so the winner doesn't even get to have sex). Andorians have the same thing, but at least its worth the effort afterward.

Back