Debunking Humor...

Just found this....(too bad it's not really "3-D", though).

A "plot" to destroy Mars:

ALSO???if anyone has a "musical ear" you will be able to hear....OH, I dunno....some "riffs" on....oh, Dunno....?? John Williams??

Also a few "riffs" on the orhestral music that accompanied much of "Star TreK" (TOS)...I mean, we've ALL heard it by now....over and over again???

SORRY that this is nearly 30 minutes long (I did NOT make it....)...is merely to ADD to the "humor".....: Just "sound bites" for fans....

Last edited:
In relation to the reporters on air gaffes in the Charlie hebdo threads.

I'll kick off with this. If news reporters have it tough and foul up, then sports commentators have it far worse... and in that spirit \i give the very best of motor sport commentating legend MURRAY WALKER

Even the sedate game of cricket is tough, as witnessed by the late great Brian Johnson

Ok now for the news..

(note the classic Alex Jones clip at 7;50)

and finally.. the weather

Screencap from a FB group I'm in. I and Mr. Yellow played along and others joined in. Mr. Orange, the OP, never did catch on. Neither did Mr. Gray. Believers in nonsense believe it because they can't identify it as nonsense.

h/t to the Turbo Encabulator.

http://i.imgur.com/Sdeb8st.jpg

I'm not really a Top Gear fan, too much midlife crisis neanderthal penis substitution for my liking.
Raising the obvious question:
"Exactly how much midlife crisis neanderthal penis substitution is too much midlife crisis neanderthal penis substitution?"

Screen Shot 2015-01-25 at 9.34.07 AM.png

Inspired by what I have seen on this thread

I might get a Mod "ding" for this, but in my opinion it might be pertinent.

A "petition" to "ban" dihydrogen monoxide (WoW!!! That sounds like an EVIL chemical)!!

I joke, I kid....I try not to "mock"....(I try not to cause any distress....it is a light attempt at education and elucidation).

This video (below) may seem (to some) to be "mocking"...but it isn't, when accepted as presented. It is "informative"....and educational:

(AND I know that Penn Gillette uses offensive and off-color language as he speaks....HE is perhaps doing the "mocking"...not me.....BUT the message is clear)....

Last edited:
I might get a Mod "ding" for this, but in my opinion it might be pertinent.

A "petition" to "ban" dihydrogen monoxide (WoW!!! That sounds like an EVIL chemical)!!

I joke, I kid....I try not to "mock"....(I try not to cause any distress....it is a light attempt at education and elucidation).

This video (below) may seem (to some) to be "mocking"...but it isn't, when accepted as presented. It is "informative"....and educational:

(AND I know that Penn Gillette uses offensive and off-color language as he speaks....HE is perhaps doing the "mocking"...not me.....BUT the message is clear)....

I've used this somewhat popular example myself a couple of times when dealing with environmental purists or people who have that innate need to be up on the latest issues. The point is usually (sorely) taken.

Have to wonder, though - what would be the results if this were a John Quinones "What Would You Do" type of exercise ? If you're not familiar with that, it would be an exercise where they would change the petitioner from one physical type to another and show the results. That an attractive young woman can get a bunch of people to sign a petition could be seen as disingenuous on Penn and Teller's part. I have been involved in petitioning work for municipal politics, and can state with a good amount of certainty that a pretty young woman will get far more signatures on a petition than almost any other physical type. If that had been a frumpy-looking middle age person of either gender gathering the signatures, I'd say the results might not have been so spectacular.

Good video, though. Something to keep in mind.

Last edited:
http://postedroads.blogspot.com/2014/04/nano-cycling-new-frontier.html
Nano Cycling - the New Frontier

Nano 3.JPG

Early attempts at reducing the size of cyclists were encouraging, but not always successful.
Shortly after this image was recorded, the cycling couple rode off and were never seen again. It was decided that perhaps it was best to concentrate on producing nano bikes first, and cyclists later.
Content from External Source
(photo credit: from blog link above)

I don't know if any of you have seen any of these pictures from a chemtrailer protest that happened in the last day or so but all I thought when I saw this was. I got to get brainwashed at Geoengineering Watch. I am still LMAO at this one.

From http://newsthump.com/2010/01/06/britain-at-standstill-as-terrorists-use-weather-to-create-chaos/

Britain has once again succumbed to the threat of weather-based terrorism with the majority of the country brought to a standstill by the use of the outlawed blanket precipitation weapon, codenamed S.N.O.W. (Seems Normally to Occur in Winter)....

Bio-weapon

Thought to be a combination of traditional artillery and bio-weapon, it is the neurological side-effects that are causing the greatest concern.

Anyone caught at the wheel of a vehicle during an attack seemingly loses any ability to co-ordinate their eyes and hands, with women particularly at risk.

Children and male adolescents are also prone to behavioural disturbance and unwittingly add to the weapons potency with airborne ballistic distribution, the impact of which can really hurt when combined with frozen H2O or small stones.

Sightings

Recent multiple sightings of the albino terror leader known as “snowman” appear to have coincided with the latest attack and police are investigating a possible link.

However, given the fugitives propensity for unexplained escape following the cessation of S.N.O.W. attacks, the pressure is on the authorities to turn up the heat with regard to security.

The police have released a photo-fit of “snowman” as he may appear if disguised. Members of the public are advised to approach with caution as he may be armed.

I really hope this hasn't been posted before. I definitely lol'd when I saw it the first time. (warning: some colorful language)

I hope this gets embedded correctly.

I want to print those out on bingo cards and see how many full clears I can get from my family members in a day.

Then I realize it'll be a lot, and printer ink is expensive.

I have shared a couple of memes produced by my old friend, artist and DJ the Harmless Prankster and here is another one from him that I thought some of you would like.

OK H.P. and I have been having a little more fun since my last post and I am sure some of you will get a giggle out of it.

First up is a post of his from a while ago and a few of us commented on it, but my 10 year daughter came up with the best comment and nailed it for all of us. We had also just got back for a 2.5 week holiday in NZ, so that may also help put it little more in context. My daughter said... "oh its and NZ conspiracy and they are really wool trails".

Then H.P. posted this.....

and I replied with this....

well it gave H.P. and I a laugh and maybe a couple of our other friends watching this FB thread of mine.

I don't think (well, I know) he's not Welsh....but he could own very deep boots.....

(Sorry....could not resist an old, old joke reference)...

I think you might have missed this documentary:

"A Close Shave".

I love that one, my favourate w&g without doubt

by the way I live fairly near the aardman studios and have a couple of mates who work there. Also one of my proudest personal possessions is a model of the w&g sidecar combo from a close shave, autographed by both nick park and peter lord.:)

I think The Wrong Trousers is my favourite, I love the train chase and the fact that the penguin;s disguise is just so amazing

Couldn't think of anywhere else to post this.
My Girlfriend sent it to me in Facebook chat.
heart plane.jpg
It's as perfect as she is for today. Happy Valentine's everyone

I recently found this Australian comedy series.
It riffs on many stereotypes, conspiracies, and past iconic sci-fi film-making....

Back