Debunked: Government Stockpiling Unusual Amounts of Ammo [by Tom Coburn's GAO Report]

RealTruth

Okay, not sure why you ignored my very specific request for "the ACTUAL document" you claimed was so important
(it's obviously not in the HuffPo story as you're now implying)…
so I'll ask one more time: Do you have the document you say verifies your claims?

p.s. This site focuses on one topic per thread, so you can address all your issues…just not in this thread…but since you mentioned the Iranian Gov's ("PressTv")
slant of the Wood/Douglas study, I feel compelled to ask if you actually read the real study yourself, or only the Iranian government's take on it?
What are We debating? Quantity ordered, or reason for quantity? Like I said, I thought the amount was already established... This article states 1.6 billion (USNews)
Here again is the link _ http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/wa.../03/22/dhs-denies-massive-ammunition-purchase

NoParty

Senior Member.
What are We debating? Quantity ordered, or reason for quantity? Like I said, I thought the amount was already established... This article states 1.6 billion (USNews)
Here again is the link _ http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/wa.../03/22/dhs-denies-massive-ammunition-purchase
That's a blog. And even the blog says "allegedly." How does this possibly qualify as proof of anything?
You stressed reliance on facts and a now-mysterious "ACTUAL document" but haven't delivered anything. Many here are eternally patient…not me. 3 strikes, you're out.

RealTruth

Quantity actually purchased.

Did you read the report in the OP?
Not concerned about how much they ACTUALLY purchase. The point is this order is extremely large. They would do this every year (order a max number they may not actually buy) but this year it was noticeably higher. Again, only reason We are talking about it is BECAUSE the amount raised eyebrows. If this was not unusual, We would not be 'debunking' it.

RealTruth

That's a blog. And even the blog says "allegedly." How does this possibly qualify as proof of anything?
You stressed reliance on facts and a now-mysterious "ACTUAL document" but haven't delivered anything. Many here are eternally patient…not me. 3 strikes, you're out.
And again, I can link You to a video from a credible scientist who was part of the environmental program for geoengineering in the US. It is a video talking primarily about chemtrails, but he briefly shows the document on an overhead to his audience. I think it would be a great educational experience for You. (that was where I first heard about the amount ordered)

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Not concerned about how much they ACTUALLY purchase. The point is this order is extremely large. They would do this every year (order a max number they may not actually buy) but this year it was noticeably higher. Again, only reason We are talking about it is BECAUSE the amount raised eyebrows. If this was not unusual, We would not be 'debunking' it.

It has been debunked. Read the first post in this thread. These numbers do not represent purchases.
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/de...ounts-of-ammo-by-tom-coburns-gao-report.3100/

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
And again, I can link You to a video from a credible scientist who was part of the environmental program for geoengineering in the US. It is a video talking primarily about chemtrails, but he briefly shows the document on an overhead to his audience. I think it would be a great educational experience for You.
What does the document say exactly?

NoParty

Senior Member.
Sorry dude, you haven't earned any more time.
You start with this alarmist: "The US bought 2.2 BILLION rounds of hollow tipped bullets less that two weeks ago"
Minutes later you say "Not concerned about how much they ACTUALLY purchase."
I can't really argue with someone who says I should be alarmed about a big purchase, then, after no evidence, says, essentially "No, I didn't mean what I said a few minutes ago."

RealTruth

What does the document say exactly?
to be honest, just looks like a boring piece of paper with HS logo on it. Shows two large orders, one in the billions (I thought was 2.2 but not sure now) and another for another kind of bullet for around 200 million or something. He shows it briefly and moves on. But like I said, I don't think the purchase 'request' (to respect that they did not actually buy) or quantity is in question. Only if that quantity is 'normal' business as usual. I'm saying only good argument suggests bulk buying power which sounds like an easy explanation to Me.

RealTruth

You start with this alarmist: "The US bought 2.2 BILLION rounds of hollow tipped bullets less that two weeks ago"
I can't really argue with someone who says I should be alarmed about a big purchase, then, after no evidence, says, essentially "No, I didn't mean what I said a few minutes ago."
You take words out of context. I admitted to misquoting and corrected to 1.6 billion because that's what two articles that discuss this article quote as an amount. One of the people speaking is a senator who does not contest the amount, only states that it is normal. I am not concerned with how much they have actually purchase, should have included, I am concerned with how much they are intending to purchase and/or have the potential to purchase. What they have purchased so far this year is not the concern, it's the potential quantity they can buy that is a concern.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
to be honest, just looks like a boring piece of paper with HS logo on it. Shows two large orders, one in the billions (I thought was 2.2 but not sure now) and another for another kind of bullet for around 200 million or something. He shows it briefly and moves on. But like I said, I don't think the purchase 'request' (to respect that they did not actually buy) or quantity is in question. Only if that quantity is 'normal' business as usual. I'm saying only good argument suggests bulk buying power which sounds like an easy explanation to Me.

So? Are easy explanations automatically wrong?

Have you read this?
https://www.metabunk.org/attachments/660143-pdf.6032/

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
You take words out of context. I admitted to misquoting and corrected to 1.6 billion because that's what two articles that discuss this article quote as an amount. One of the people speaking is a senator who does not contest the amount, only states that it is normal. I am not concerned with how much they have actually purchase, should have included, I am concerned with how much they are intending to purchase and/or have the potential to purchase. What they have purchased so far this year is not the concern, it's the potential quantity they can buy that is a concern.

But you actually claimed they had bought those bullets.

RealTruth

Fair enough. But You have not offered anything tangible either. Evidence clearly demonstrates the amount 'requested' this year is substantially more than usual and the best answer You have so far is to say it's normal and Your own graph shows it's not. That's all I'm saying.

RealTruth

So? Are easy explanations automatically wrong?

Have you read this?
https://www.metabunk.org/attachments/660143-pdf.6032/
I just think they are too convenient and evidence of 'trust' on the part of government does not lend much credibility. Would be great if We could actually believe what they tell Us. I'm not even saying it's a conspiracy, I'm just saying it's a convenient and easy truth and doesn't make a lot of sense to Me when financially this is not America's strongest moment, 1.6 billion on bullets is an unusual budget policy. I just don't like anyone on either side to stop asking questions so easily. The truth is usually somewhere in between.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Fair enough. But You have not offered anything tangible either. Evidence clearly demonstrates the amount 'requested' this year is substantially more than usual and the best answer You have so far is to say it's normal and Your own graph shows it's not. That's all I'm saying.

They are basically just locking in a price. The upper limits they put on the contracts are pretty arbitrary - they just need to be more than they could possibly need.

RealTruth

I just think they are too convenient and evidence of 'trust' on the part of government does not lend much credibility. Would be great if We could actually believe what they tell Us. I'm not even saying it's a conspiracy, I'm just saying it's a convenient and easy truth and doesn't make a lot of sense to Me when financially this is not America's strongest moment, 1.6 billion on bullets is an unusual budget policy. I just don't like anyone on either side to stop asking questions so easily. The truth is usually somewhere in between.
And not yet, the pdf You linked will take some time to get through, but I'll start working on it. Thanks

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member

I'm sorry, but you keep saying 1.6 Billion, can you quote the ACTUAL DOCUMENT that you get this number from, and explain exactly what it is referring to?

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Also we need to understand what an IDIQ contract is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IDIQ
Indefinite quantity, over an indefinite delivery period, with some overly high upper limits.

Soulfly

Banned
Banned
The economy has not been steadily rising. Another lie. It is in it's most dire state ever and will probably crash within the next couple of weeks. US economy will not see the summer. I'm guessing March 4-22, somewhere in there.
Be back on March 23rd to label this claim debunked!

Bruno D.

Senior Member.
Be back on March 23rd to label this claim debunked!
I agree, but he later states that it could take weeks or months instead ...

Getting a litle OT, but I read IW daily for a little more than 1y now, and they always claim that the economy is about to collapse in a couple of months. It's always very convincing and with lots of data, but it gets old. The last mass riot was supposed to take place last november because of food stamps cuts. When it didn't happen, no one questioned IW. :-/ Unfortunately they actually close comments section at older news so you can never publicly debate errors.

For example:
http://www.infowars.com/food-banks-panicking-over-demand-following-welfare-cut/

There are several like this one on the same subject, and they keep predicting the collapse on a weekly basis.

derwoodii

Senior Member.
The economy has not been steadily rising. Another lie. It is in it's most dire state ever and will probably crash within the next couple of weeks. US economy will not see the summer. I'm guessing March 4-22, somewhere in there.

hullo truthy,,, 30th March today, i sold all my stock & shares bought prepper gear and been in the bunker last 3 weeks,,, is it safe to come out yet ?

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Marc Powell Debunked: Government officials revealed having foreknowledge of Building 7’s collapse 9/11 58
Mick West Debunked: "There Exists a Shadowy Government" — Daniel Inouye Quotes Debunked 0
skephu Debunked: Dutch Government Admit Chemtrails Exist Contrails and Chemtrails 7
MikeG Debunked: Government to Nationalize Food Supply Conspiracy Theories 0
Mathias Olsen Partially Debunked: List of Monsanto Employees in Government Conspiracy Theories 30
Critical Thinker Debunked: "Government Labels those who Grow Their Own Food ‘Extremists’" Conspiracy Theories 12
Cairenn Debunked: Government Buying Iodine in Response to Fukushima Fallout. Conspiracy Theories 31
Mick West Debunked: Debunkers Trust the Government and Think Everything is Fine Practical Debunking 89
BlueCollarCritic Debunked Conspiracies Update - The Government Is Not Confiscating Guns General Discussion 18
AluminumTheory Debunked: Infowars Study: Conspiracy theorists’ sane; government dupes crazy, hostile General Discussion 25
Cairenn Debunked: Government buys 30,000 guillotines Conspiracy Theories 20
BenC Debunked: UK Government admits Chemtrails (Legislation HC221) Contrails and Chemtrails 37
Mick West Debunked: ‘White Guilt’ Bracelets - Government wants you to wear them? Conspiracy Theories 223
Spongebob Has this Government paper been debunked yet? Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Rory Debunked: UK undertaker's claim that Covid vaccine is responsible for spike in deaths Coronavirus COVID-19 0
Marc Powell Debunked: 9/11 truth experts are knowledgeable professionals and their judgments are to be trusted 9/11 195
Marc Powell Debunked: Explosions preparatory to demolition of the WTC North Tower are visible as Flight 175 crashes into the South Tower 9/11 7
Mick West Debunked: Pfizer Developing a Twice-Per-Day COVID Pill, Taken Alongside Vaccines Coronavirus COVID-19 0
Marc Powell Debunked: Demolition “squib” is visible at top of WTC North Tower before Flight 11 crash 9/11 66
Marc Powell Debunked: Construction worker Philip Morelli experienced an explosion in the sub-basement of the North Tower 9/11 0
Marc Powell Debunked: ABC News correspondent George Stephanopoulos reported an explosion in the subway 9/11 1
Marc Powell Debunked: Debris from twin towers was projected upward by explosives 9/11 13
Marc Powell Debunked: NIST computer simulation of Building 7 collapse is inaccurate 9/11 22
Marc Powell Debunked: FEMA reported finding evidence that steel had melted. 9/11 47
Marc Powell Debunked: VP Dick Cheney ordered a standdown of jet fighters on 9/11 9/11 16
Oystein Debunked: Claim that Bobby McIlvaine's injuries ("lacerations") are best explained as result of glass shards and debris from bombs 9/11 22
Marc Powell Debunked: World Trade Center should not have collapsed due to 9/11 fires 9/11 3
Marc Powell Debunked: Firefighter reports of secondary explosions 9/11 3
Marc Powell Debunked: Steel was hurled hundreds of feet by explosives 9/11 4
Marc Powell Debunked: Demolition Explosion Before Collapse of South Tower 9/11 8
Marc Powell Debunked: Explosion in South Tower Lobby 9/11 7
Marc Powell Debunked: Mysterious Explosion Before the Flight 11 Crash 9/11 48
J.d.K Debunked: Marx: "The classes and the races too weak to master the new conditions must give way... They must perish in the revolutionary Holocaust" Quotes Debunked 0
dimebag2 Poll : Which DOD Navy video do you consider debunked ? UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 74
Mick West Debunked: Diving Triangle UFO Photos from Reddit [Fake] UFOs and Aliens 37
Theferäl [Debunked] Object Seen From Airplane Above Canberra: 04 Apr 2012 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 5
TEEJ Debunked: Claim that Joe Biden's hand passes through microphone during White House press gaggle, 16th March 2021 Election 2020 8
bird_up Debunked: "Interdimensional being" caught on CCTV in Neza, Mexico Ghosts, Monsters, and the Paranormal 6
M Debunked: Atmospheric pressure on Mars is 9 PSI, not 0.09 PSI as claimed by NASA Science and Pseudoscience 75
Patrick Gonzalez Debunked: missing cable on Perseverance landing footage proves it is fake. General Discussion 3
TEEJ Debunked: Biden's Oval Office "Coming Apart at the Seams" [It's a Door] Election 2020 19
derrick06 Debunked: UFO over California Highway (TMZ) UFOs and Aliens 1
P Debunked: 7 Alleged photos of aliens UFOs and Aliens 9
Mick West Debunked: Biden signing "Blank" Executive Orders Election 2020 5
Mick West Debunked: Biden in "Fake" Oval Office Election 2020 27
P Debunked: UN hidden camera: the first UFO contact happened [Deep Fake] UFOs and Aliens 3
Mick West Debunked: 94% of Fulton County Ballots Manually Adjudicated [It's a Process all Batches go Through] Election 2020 0
Mick West Debunked: "Missile Strike" caused Nashville Explosion General Discussion 3
Mick West Debunked: Nashville Explosion was "Across the Street" from the RV General Discussion 0
Mick West Debunked: "Error rate of 68.5% Allowable is .0008%" [Neither is True] Election 2020 4
Related Articles

Related Articles