Bernard Eastlund's Connection to HAARP

Status
Not open for further replies.
you just broke the rules, you deleted my last post, game over.

Got too real for you, I understand.

Because it was essentially a repost. I'm asking you to address some specific issues before continuing. I suspect you won't. However I encourage you to look at those two things anyway, for your own benefit. You put a lot of energy into your sites, and it would be better if the output had a more solid scientific basis.

If you address those two issues (one of which you specifically asked to be debunked, and here it is debunked), then we can more on to your other claims.

Or maybe your last post was unnecessarily long and just repeated a bunch of stuff from your website that you've posted previously? I saw that post but didn't see any new information or any answers to our questions/comments. It's no secret that Mick will truncate or delete excessively long posts when it's all contained on one link or website anyways.

And why are you evading our questions?

Jay claimed to have d
Jim, your "friend" tells intentional lies, he bans even thoughtful commentary, he makes money doing that, fooling with other people's minds, exerting control to maintain a lie.
There are whole threads on here showing dutchsinse doing this. He runs and hides. You are a better man than that.

That sort of person can never be a real friend in the end. This isn't an argument, I'm just telling you the way it is, in a fatherly manner.

Jim, are these the watered down claims, or the exaggerated ones you end up with when you "connect all the dots"...?

I've noticed that sometimes you start out fairly reasonable, but later on, the puny plasma clouds that HAARP makes gets blown up into a cataclysm in the making. Is it possible that was a foregone conclusion?

1. I don't need your advice on friendship.
  2. You ain't my father
  3. Define watered down claims
  4. show me where I exaggerated in my claims
  5. When did I blow plasma clouds up into a cataclysm.
You just made five statements, none of which were debunks, all of which were at the very least semi-personal. Mick has no standards anymore when Tim and Jay are allowed to bully others with their Slavespeak

Because it was essentially a repost. I'm asking you to address some specific issues before continuing. I suspect you won't. However I encourage you to look at those two things anyway, for your own benefit. You put a lot of energy into your sites, and it would be better if the output had a more solid scientific basis.

If you address those two issues (one of which you specifically asked to be debunked, and here it is debunked), then we can more on to your other claims.

Everything I've written prior to this article is subject to review: http://rezn8d.net/2013/04/17/the-birth-of-haarp

My claims are summed up in The Birth of HAARP, yet you debunk none of it. You ignore the facts, search for your "weakest link in the armor" and start stabbing in the dark. I expect better from you Mick, really, I mean really?

You attack a dead man's ideas for sport in your thread here, and get all snarky with me whilst circumventing the truth. For shame.

Dr. Eastlund was a brilliant scientist, and made the claims of the potential for weather modification and wireless power transmission himself. He invented the artificial ionospheric lens, or AIM, and HAARP now uses that tech which was aquired by APTI and ARCO.

Title:
Method for producing a shell of relativistic particles at an altitude above the earths surface
United States Patent 5038664

Abstract:
A method for establishing a region of a high density, high energy plasma at an altitude of at least about 1500 kilometers above the earth's surface. Circularly polarized electromagnetic radiation is transmitted at a first frequency substantially parallel to an earth's magnetic field line to excite electron cyclotron resonance heating in normally occurring plasma at an altitude of at least about 250 kilometers to generate a mirror force which lifts said plasma to said altitude of at least about 1500 kilometers. Heating is continued at a second frequency to expand the plasma to the apex of said field line whereupon at least some of the plasma is trapped and oscillates between mirror points on said lines. The plasma will be contained within adjacent field lines and will drift to form a shell of relativistic particles around a portion of the earth.

Inventors: Eastlund, Bernard J. (Spring, TX)
Publication Date: 08/13/1991
Content from External Source
which was renamed a mirror here:

1991 PDF: 5041834 – Artificial Ionospheric Mirror Composed Of A Plasma Layer Which Can Be Tilted

Title:
Cosmic particle ignition of artificially ionized plasma patterns in the atmosphere
United States Patent Application 20070238252

Abstract:
This invention is a method and apparatus for creating artificially ionized regions in the atmosphere utilizing ionization trails of cosmic rays and micro-meteors to ignite plasma patterns in electric field patterns formed by ground based electromagnetic wave radiators. The applications are useful for telecommunications, weather control, lightening protection and defense applications. The invention lowers the power requirements for forming artificial ionized regions in the atmosphere by a factor of up to 1600 times lower than those required in existing designs and projections for creation of artificial ionized regions in the atmosphere.

Inventors: Eastlund, Bernard (La Jolla, CA, US)
Publication Date: 10/11/2007
Here is the timeline:

Whilst probing for Iranian nukes hidden under hills, you think those long-waves might disturb a little rock?

My question to you, Mick, is what exactly were you trying to debunk when you created this thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't matter what the frequency/wavelength is, electromagnetic waves are not audible. And since 2.5 Hz is far below the range of human hearing, why do you say that HAARP can "create ELF waves heard worldwide"? Please explain how any knowledgeable person is supposed to take you seriously when you don't even know the difference between audio and radio waves? Yet you are to have us believe that you have connected some dots involving complex physics?

I am referring to this, smart guy:

http://www.vlf.it/trond2/below10.html
RADIO-SIGNALS BELOW 10 kHz

00000.0025:unid/none:unid:N0N
ACTIVE
Presumed, but not yet verified as a man-made signal. Detected at various locations worldwide. With amateur equipment, it is not easy to determine eventual frequency shifts, so signal is listed as a 2.5 Hz carrier. So far the signal is not connected with any known geophysical events. Most likely not originating from HAARP - Gakona in Alaska USA. They have little success, with the generation of ELF signals of reasonable strength, over anything then relative short distances.

00000.0006 - 00000.012:unid/none:experimental ULF transmitter, Kola peninsula,
Russia:(N0N/P0N ?).
ACTIVE, but no recent info
Designed and operated by RIPR (Russian Institute of Powerful Radio- structures) in St. Petersburg, Russia. As the Russian scientists call it; the first "easy flexible ULF facility for geophysical applications" As a feed line for the grounded dipole antenna, is used a 108 km length of a HV power transmission line, owned by the Kola Peninsula Power line Company. The HV line goes from their hydroelectric power plant, near Serebryansky by the Varonya river, to Kola-Kildinstroy south of Murmansk. The RIPR portable 50 kW transmitter is able to supply 60-100 A in the line, at these frequencies; 0.6 - 12 Hz band, 2-3 Hz band, and single frequency tests at 4, 8, 10 and 12 Hz.

00000.076:unid:US NAVY ELF communication facility, Republic Michigan, USA:MSK
00000.076:unid:US NAVY ELF communication facility, Clam Lake Wisconsin, USA:MSK
BOTH ACTIVE
The US ELF signal has 76 Hz centre frequency, with +/- 4Hz shift, 80 Hz for "1", 72 Hz for"0". For maximum signal coverage, the two stations operate simultaneously. Secondary frequency is reported as 00000.045 kHz. Other operational frequencies are technically possible, but so far not reported. The special - AC deep grounding system, in use for the ELF antenna, was designed and installed by LORESCO International.
The deep boreholes for the grounding system, are up to 3.2 km (2 US miles) down in the Laurentian Shield. The US Navy ELF transmitter facilities are believed to have an input power of 3 MW. As the efficiency of the antenna system is rather low, the predicted ERP is only 3 Watt (!).

00000.082:unid:Russian Navy ELF communication facility, Kola Peninsula, RUSSIA:MSK
ACTIVE
Transmission format: 82 Hz N0N and (multichannel?) MSK. Prior to message is a
presumed "bellringer" or message-follows signal: 0.4 Hz shift down to 81.6 Hz for 8 minutes, then up to 82.7 Hz for 4 minutes. This initial signal sequence is directly followed by a downshift to 81 Hz for 38 seconds and a up-shift to 83.3 Hz for 22 seconds. After this comes the message, using these shifts, for a total of 16 minutes. A complete message sequence lasts for 29 minutes.
"Zevs" is reported to have an operational frequency range of 00000.031 to 00000.166 kHz. This Russian ELF transmitter is nicknamed “ZEVS”.
That's what I meant by "heard", like with antennas and stuff. SMH

That's what I meant by "heard", like with antennas and stuff. SMH

So why did you say this?

I am fully aware that humans hear from 20-20,000 Hz and HAARP generated ELF waves are 2.5 Hz, far below an audible range. Rude

And what about the ERP? You understand that the ERP is not the actual transmitted power? That for HAARP EPR is 1000x the transmitted power?

So why did you say this?

And what about the ERP? You understand that the ERP is not the actual transmitted power? That for HAARP EPR is 1000x the transmitted power?

I'll rephrase that one word from my claims, doesn't change the claim.

The ERP/power of HAARP is irrelevant, as is my full understanding of the science behind it.

Bernard Eastlund is most famously associated with HAARP because of some patents he filed for speculative uses of natural gas in Alaska.

This article on Skeptoid decribes the problems with this linkage.

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4122

Dr. Eastlund's patent, which has since become popularly known (though inaccurately) as the "HAARP patent", is widely reproduced online, often with much commentary from authors making their own interpretations of how it might be used. Specifically, the patent involves using natural gas to generate electricity to create electromagnetic radiation to excite a tiny section of the ionosphere to about 2 electron volts, thus moving it upward along the lines of the magnetic field. The conspiracy theorists, once again, completely ignore the fact that this can only happen in the ionosphere, and they interpret it as a weather control system or earthquake generating system. Such extrapolations are without any plausible foundation.

A further disconnect in this conspiracy claim is that Dr. Eastlund's patent was for a speculative and unproven device approximately one million times as powerful as HAARP. The patent does not mention HAARP, and none of its drawings remotely resemble anything built at HAARP. For perspective, HAARP's antenna array measures about 1000 feet on a side. A device such as that imagined by Dr. Eastlund would have been 14 miles on a side, with one million antenna elements, compared to HAARP's 180. Furthermore, Dr. Eastlund left APTI to found his own company before the HAARP program began, and was never associated with the program
Eastlund did NOT invent HAARP. HAARP is just an ionospheric heater research facility. Eastlund's own patent describes such ionospheric heating as having gone on well before the 1985 patent:

In recent years, a number of experiments have actually been carried out to modify the ionosphere in some controlled manner to investigate the possibility of a beneficial result. For detailed discussions of these operations see the following papers: (1) Ionospheric Modification Theory; G. Meltz and F. W. Perkins; (2) The Platteville High Power Facility; Carrol et al.; (3) Arecibo Heating Experiments; W. E. Gordon and H. C. Carlson, Jr.; and (4) Ionospheric Heating by Powerful Radio Waves; Meltz et al., all published in Radio Science, Vol. 9, No. 11, November, 1974, at pages 885-888; 889-894; 1041-1047; and 1049-1063, respectively, all of which are incorporated herein by reference. In such experiments, certain regions of the ionosphere are heated to change the electron density and temperature within these regions. This is accomplished by transmitting from earth-based antennae high frequency electromagnetic radiation at a substantial angle to, not parallel to, the ionosphere's magnetic field to heat the ionospheric particles primarily by ohmic heating
His job was to find a use for all that natural gas in Alaska. His solution was to propose building a super large ionosphere heater - far bigger than HAARP, and to speculate on loads of interesting usages (without actually explaining how they would work), in order to make the proposal sound interesting.

More HAARP debunking:
http://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/10-03-03/#feature

per your quote and Skeptoid, you missed his first patent, and more relevant imo:

Method for producing a shell of relativistic particles at an altitude above the earths surface
United States Patent 5038664

Abstract:
A method for establishing a region of a high density, high energy plasma at an altitude of at least about 1500 kilometers above the earth's surface. Circularly polarized electromagnetic radiation is transmitted at a first frequency substantially parallel to an earth's magnetic field line to excite electron cyclotron resonance heating in normally occurring plasma at an altitude of at least about 250 kilometers to generate a mirror force which lifts said plasma to said altitude of at least about 1500 kilometers. Heating is continued at a second frequency to expand the plasma to the apex of said field line whereupon at least some of the plasma is trapped and oscillates between mirror points on said lines. The plasma will be contained within adjacent field lines and will drift to form a shell of relativistic particles around a portion of the earth.

Inventors: Eastlund, Bernard J. (Spring, TX)
Publication Date: 08/13/1991
You said he never explained how they would work, which is untrue. Jenkins explains it all to the AMS in the video I posted, and his original website explains the history of how the patents lead to the creation of HAARP.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070513183109/http://www.eastlundscience.com/HAARP.html
HAARP is a large phased array electromagnetic wave generator located in Alaska. The involvement of Dr.
Bernard Eastlund in its creation has been well documented in books and in magazine articles and
newspapers. During the period in which many of the books and articles were written, Dr. Eastlund was
under a 15 year confidentiality agreement with ARCO (The Atlantic Richfield Company). That confidentiality
agreement has now matured. This web site will present information regarding the development of the
ARCO patents and the founding of APTI (Now owned by AES Corporation) the corporation managing the
HAARP facility. (The ARCO patents referred to in this web site are three patents that Dr. Eastlund assigned
to ARCO because he was a consultant. They are 1) U. S. Patent 4,686,605, 4,712,155 and 5,038,664.

The web site is divided into four sections: The HAARPROOTS section presents historical material from the
early period of the development of the inventions. The ROADMAP is a compendium of most of the ideas
developed between 1984 and 1987 with ARCO. HAARP3600000WATT describes the present status of
HAARP related to the ARCO patents. The HAARPASAT section describes a potentially destabilizing
applications of missile defense and as an Anti-Satellite-Weapon. (ASAT). HAARPWEATHER discusses
potential impacts of the HAARP device on weather and weather research.

I'll rephrase that one word from my claims, doesn't change the claim.

The ERP/power of HAARP is irrelevant, as is my full understanding of the science behind it.

So basically you are just cutting and pasting these gobs of text that you don't understand, and asking people to debunk them?

Maybe it would be better if you did understand? Maybe you should try to actually figure things out.

Let's not have Gish Gallops. Please just ask one question about one subject. Any future posts you make will be edited down to a single question, whatever comes first.

I und
So basically you are just cutting and pasting these gobs of text that you don't understand, and asking people to debunk them?

Maybe it would be better if you did understand? Maybe you should try to actually figure things out.

Let's not have Gish Gallops. Please just ask one question about one subject. Any future posts you make will be edited down to a single question, whatever comes first.

I just debunked your claims here, admit defeat or sling more mud and attack my character as a last resort. You brag about your plans to censor me in the future, your claims are debunked.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just debunked your claims here, admit defeat or sling more mud and attack my character as a last resort. You brag about your plans to censor me in the future, your claims are debunked.

I'm not attacking your character. I'm pointing out things that you don't understand, of that you got wrong. HAARP is just an ionospheric heater, similar to previous ones. Can you point to something from Eastlund's patent that is in HAARP that was not pre-existing technology?

Last edited:
I'm not attacking your character. I'm pointing out things that you don't understand, of that you got wrong. HAARP is just an ionospheric heater, similar to previous ones. Can you point to something from Eastlund's patent that is in HAARP that was not pre-existing technology?
I'm replying to this 5 year old thread, because I see several problems in the way Mick and several others here treated evidence presented by Jim Lee.

Mick's above quote essentially makes it all about whether or not Eastlund's patents had anything new contributing to HAARP that was not pre-existing technology, rather than about whether HAARP can do the things Eastlund, Jim and others say it can do.

Each patent has a section answering what the relevant "prior art" is, and how this patent is better than the prior art. So your question can easily be determined there, but I suppose your original intention was more about debunking the claims made about HAARP's purposes and capabilities, Eastlund's patents only representing the most well known of HAARP type technology.

Most importantly, the onus should be on YOU to demonstrate how HAARP can NOT possibly do what Eastlund and others said it can do, given all the info Jim provided, and some relevant info that electrojet mentioned earlier, such as the 2003 Stanford paper that pointed out the amplification of HAARP injected ELF/VLF signals "by the magnetospheric plasma, leading to the triggering of new emissions and enhanced precipitation of energetic electrons from the radiation belts."
https://sincedutch.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/haarp08.pdf
Also, how space weather occurring in the ionosphere affects weather below:
https://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/news/topstory/2006/space_weather_link.html

Given how many anomalies in the data from NASA and NOAA that can't be explained by the official science, but easily explained by the use of HAARP for weather modifications, the assumption should be that weather modification IS being used covertly and for hostile purposes, until thoroughly proven otherwise.

One recent example - this image was captured from http://www.earth.nullschool.net/ (a NASA website) on April 15, 2018, the day a devastating storm hit Kauai, Hawaii. How do you explain the SQUARE pattern of calm exactly near Kauai just as the vicious storm was happening? Did someone try to blot out the true signals in that square area? Squares NEVER happen naturally in weather patterns, you know?

Even more tellingly, this website has since been taken down, but if you look it up at archive.org, you'll see it was archived for every single day of the year so far - EXCEPT APRIL 15! They've been able to remove key info even from archive.org, as I've found out many times (I now make sure I archive at archive.is, archive.org, as well as some others).
KauaiStormApr15_2017.jpg

Last edited:
Even more tellingly, this website has since been taken down,
no it hasn't. try this link https://earth.nullschool.net/

but if you look it up at archive.org, you'll see it was archived for every single day of the year so far - EXCEPT APRIL 15
actually 2017 is the same
2017.PNG

Not that it matters because the archive dates don't jive with what was actually archived. I tried 8 dates and they all said April 11, 2018
uu.PNG

But anyways.... those squares seem to be everywhere. I just opened earth. null school and see them right now.
ring.PNG

Given how many anomalies in the data from NASA and NOAA that can't be explained by the official science, but easily explained by the use of HAARP for weather modifications, ....

I have never seen any verifiable evidence that such anomalies are "easily explained" by "using HAARP for weather modification" other than "I say it is o it must be so"

......the assumption should be that weather modification IS being used covertly and for hostile purposes, until thoroughly proven otherwise.

I've got a better idea - don't make any assumptions at all.

One recent example - this image was captured from http://www.earth.nullschool.net/ (a NASA website) on April 15, 2018, the day a devastating storm hit Kauai, Hawaii. How do you explain the SQUARE pattern of calm exactly near Kauai just as the vicious storm was happening? Did someone try to blot out the true signals in that square area? Squares NEVER happen naturally in weather patterns, you know?

The weather data on Earth Nullschool is a computer model forecast derived from the Global Forecast System and updated every three hours. It is not a real time depiction of actual weather. The squares are meaningless, they're basically artifacts in a computer simulation. And the burden of proof is on those making extraordinary claims.

(a NASA website)
Since this bit was not addressed: That website is not a NASA website. It is a private website created by web developer Cameron Beccario, who lives in Tokyo, Japan. It is based on his original Tokyo-only wind map, which was inspired by a similar US wind map developed by Fernanda Viégas and Martin Wattenberg, who also are not affiliated with NASA. These two are affiliated with Google, but the wind map was an off time hobby, not work related.

Even more tellingly, this website has since been taken down, but if you look it up at archive.org, you'll see it was archived for every single day of the year so far - EXCEPT APRIL 15! They've been able to remove key info even from archive.org, as I've found out many times (I now make sure I archive at archive.is, archive.org, as well as some others).

The website hasn't been taken done. Your link had an extraneous "www." at the start. I just checked and found what the image you posted actually shows. Here it is. (The "local time" there is my local time, which is BST, or UTC +1, so this is 2100 UTC, or 10am Hawaii local time on April 15.)

upload_2018-5-8_11-59-44.png

URL: https://earth.nullschool.net/#2018/...ay=precip_3hr/orthographic=-154.83,12.47,1404

"3HPA" stands for "next three-hour precipitation accumulation". As @solrey says, it shows the model forecast data for the three-hourly rainfall total. If you skip forward or backward by one three-hour step you sill see totally different shapes. It's just a computer model predicting where rain will fall. The Kauai

upload_2018-5-8_12-2-10.png

upload_2018-5-8_12-2-37.png

If you actually look at real satellite images of the time in question, you can see that there are no "squares" anywhere to be seen. Here is the Himawari-8 image for 2100 UTC on April 15 (again, nothing to do with NASA: Himawari-8 is a Japanese weather satellite). Hawaii is quite close to the edge of the visible part of the Earth, but you can easily see there is nothing sinister there.

upload_2018-5-8_12-9-16.png

Last edited:
the onus should be on YOU to demonstrate how HAARP can NOT possibly do what Eastlund and others said it can do

This seems backwards...you, Jim Lee et al are the ones making the claims. The onus is on you to prove they are correct. You have seen something you don't understand and just "assumed" it must be HAARP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back