Claim: The Plasmoid Unification Model (PUM) of Malcolm Bendall provides "free energy".

NorCal Dave

Senior Member.
I saw in the New Members Welcome Forum that @JohnHoward was looking for a thread on Mr. Bendall's Plasmiod energy system. According to JohnHoward, there is some kerfuffle concerning Bendall's appearance on an episode of The Joe Rogan Podcast. As I seem to be one of the few straight white males that does not listen to Mr. Rogan, I had to look up the Plasmoid energy system myself.

In this case, we're talking specifically about the Plasmoid energy system developed by Malcolm Bendall. He describes it this way:

Plasmoids are doughnut or toroidal shaped clusters of net Protons or net Electrons that once captured and placed into a Toroidal orbit are capable of absorbing, storing, and releasing enormous amounts of energy present within their self-generated and structured electro magnetic containment field. Plasmoids, in effect, function as an atomic battery that can be-self charging due to the ability to convert matter to available clean energy. Plasmoids by their unique geometry cause a consequential electromagnetic containment field to generate a Zero point naturally and casually, without much effort, have the ability to convert the nuclear Mass of Protium (Atoms) into energy.
Content from External Source
External Content form here, unless otherwise noted: https://www.ascensiondynamics.org/blog-noteworthy/plasmoid-unification-model

I'm not much for physics and math but, "an atomic battery that can be-self charging" sure sounds like an "over-unity" device, something that violates the conservation of energy:

In physics and chemistry, the law of conservation of energy states that the total energy of an isolated system remains constant; it is said to be conserved over time.[1] This law, first proposed and tested by Émilie du Châtelet,[2][3] means that energy can neither be created nor destroyed; rather, it can only be transformed or transferred from one form to another.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_energy

Something that is well established:

Out of all the scientifically-sound, repeatable experiments ever performed, a violation of the conservation of mass-energy has never been observed. If the law was broken, and energy was created out of nothing, then the first place it would be observed would be in particle accelerators.
https://www.wtamu.edu/~cbaird/sq/2013/03/24/how-do-free-energy-machines-work/

Mr. Bendall goes on to explain that Plasmoids are epoch-making? He makes it sound like these "toroidal shaped clusters of net protons or electrons" are just floating around out there waiting to be captured. Maybe? My limited understanding has always been that the vast majority of protons and electrons in the universe are tied up in atoms. Protons can only be "clustered" in the atomic nucleus due to the Strong Interaction:

The Plasmoid Unification Model (PUM) posits that Plasmoids are epoch-making and that the knowledge of them has been hidden in plain sight for centuries.
The strong interaction also binds neutrons and protons to create atomic nuclei, where it is called the nuclear force.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strong_interaction

He further states that Protium is the most abundant element in the universe and determines the 25,920 Year frequency of our Solar System:

This PUM 'slide rule' reveals the algorithmic relationships life's elements critical to mankind's existence and development, its parts with Protium which has a melting point of -259.2C and is the most abundant element in our solar system. Protium determines the 25,920 Great Year frequency of our Solar System. The resonant frequencies of all other elements can then be calculated when the 25,920 years is reduced from years to days, hours, and seconds.
I'm no chemist, but my younger son is, and he likes to lecture me on the periodic table and I don't remember Protium, but it turns out to be the name for the most common form of hydrogen, as opposed to the isotopes deuterium and tritium.

I'll also note that, without getting into the exact mechanics of the numbering system used in the periodic table, it has nothing to do with time, frequencies or earth cycles.

Apparently, this is all evidence of Intelligent Design:

The PUM is evidence that the Universe is an intelligent design. The design is in perfect octave tangenic resonance with itself. Therefore all of creation from Galaxies to Planets to Elements all resonate in unison with a collective chord "As Above So Below”. This is interconnected with an Energy “web”, the 24 components of laws which we are all based and governed on the same 16 sector Torus Plasmoid precepts shown.
But why use the specific Protium for Hydrogen? Maybe it sounds more scientific, or maybe it sounds more anchient. Note above the use of the phrase "As Above So Below". This is from old hermitic, or alchemical sources as well as various New Age type thinking form the late 19th century:

"As above, so below"
is a popular modern paraphrase of the second verse of the Emerald Tablet (a compact and cryptic Hermetic text first attested in an Arabic source dating to the late eighth or early ninth century),[1] as it appears in its most widely divulged medieval Latin translation:[2]

Quod est superius est sicut quod inferius, et quod inferius est sicut quod est superius.
That which is above is like to that which is below, and that which is below is like to that which is above.
The paraphrase is peculiar to this Latin version, and does not render the original Arabic, which reads "from" rather than "like to".

Following its use by prominent modern occultists such as Helena P. Blavatsky (1831–1891, co-founder of the Theosophical Society) and the anonymous author of the Kybalion (often taken to be William W. Atkinson, 1862–1932, a pioneer of the New Thought movement), the paraphrase started to take on a life of its own, becoming an often cited motto in New Age circles.[3]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/As_above,_so_below

So, we find Protium at the center of Bendall's own guide to the universe that also includes the aforementioned "24 components of Laws":

This seems to be a mash up of Astrology, Numerology, New Ageism, Biblical references and whatever else someone can find on here. I'll just note some interesting things from the chart. There are some "fun facts", like the diameter of the sun is 864,000 miles and there are 86,400 seconds in a day, see the upper right Sun quadrant. The Aether quadrant contains lots of ways to divide 144,000, a number which of course is straight from the Book of Revelations in the New Testament.

We also see that this whole thing is maybe based on, or at least organized around, the modern Zodiac and we're at The Dawning of the Age of Aquarius on the Great Year of 25,920 years(?) even though the modern zodiac is only goes back to around 3000 years ago:

This division of the ecliptic into zodiacal signs originated with Babylonian astronomy during the 1st millennium BC. Babylonian astronomers divided the ecliptic into 12 equal "signs".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zodiac

Finally, Bendall claims that his Plasmoid Unification Model can be used for everything from cleaning up and increasing the energy from ICE engines to interstellar travel:

The concepts and ruling principles of the PUM can and have been applied to make Energy to Matter and Matter to Energy conversient. When applied to the modern hydrocarbon powered internal combustion engine, PUM technology removes exhaust toxic waste products and increases the engine power output by transforming waste energy back into fuel. Plasmoids employed in conjunction with Plasmoid Toroidal Implosive Turbine provide a new novel Matter to Energy and Energy to Matter propulsion device for water, land, air, and space travel.
Like many modern inventors that claim to have cheated the normal laws of physics, Bendall seems to consider himself an acolyte of Nicola Tesla and compares Tesla's ideas about transferring electricity through the earth to his own space launching device in this schematic:

Bendall's main claim is that he has created some sort of cold fusion water fueled contraption that still has to be fitted to a standard ICE motor to produce an "over-unity" result (External Content below from here, https://uploads-ssl.webflow.com/5cc5e9c2dca8019de9074c56/6393fdf6c7a3f28f55747805_ or can be found on the website referenced above) (and yes the first line repeats again at the end of the quote, that's just the way it appears):

Australian Malcolm Bendall has invented a proprietary plasmoid-induced and controlled atomic energy release process which allows water to be used as atomic fuel. When deployed as an engine ('The Bendall Engine'), this innovation is known as the 'Thunderstorm Generator'. Using this novel technology, conventional engines and generators can be retrofitted to run on a combination of water and fossil fuels, producing negligible toxic emissions when compared to current outputs. Existing hydrocarbon fossil fuels, (petrol, diesel & gas), are solely used to achieve the initial operating temperatures and vacuum. This is required to begin the creation, capture and harvesting of the stored atomic fusion energy contained within the plasmoids. MalcolmBendallhas invented a proprietary plasmoid-induced atomic fusion process which allows water to be used as the atomic fuel.
Here is a diagram of his Bendell Engine:

1678821299376.png

So, this how one makes Plasmoids. There is a lot of arrows going in different directions though I'll note this diagram does show "plasma" being injected into the common everyday generator. I've never used a Thunderstorm Generator, but I've used plenty of regular generators and plasma cutters, I would imagine this is not a good combination.

Here is his explanation of Plasmoids.

1678823198169.png

He seems to be obsessed with toroids or donut shaped things. I'm not really sure what this is supposed to show. He seems to say that if water is subjected to a vacuum, a bubble is formed. Then pressure is applied to the same body of water I assume, causing the bubble to collapse into Bendell's favorite shape, a toroid, but note that it requires pressure of up to 100,000 psi and temps up to 10 million degrees C. Is the amount of energy needed to accomplish that part of the overall energy input? And what about the containment?

Once this bubble becomes a donut, free electrons from somewhere start spinning around at the center and stay like that after the bubble pops. He then puts the Plasmoids into his Thunderstorm Generator to give them a negative charge, but as the they are made up a spinning electrons, the Plasmoids already have a negative charge, right? Upon being charged the plasmoids grow from 10 microns to 100 microns. I'm assuming this is the "size" of the donut with the electrons spinning around the center of it in like an orbit? So, when the size increases it means the donut gets bigger and the electrons occupy ever bigger orbits? Being that:

The electron's mass is approximately 1/1836 that of the proton.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electron

Using QED theory, the team worked backwards to measure a proton diameter in agreement with the currently accepted value, 0.88 femtometers.
https://www.sciencenews.org/blog/deleted-scenes/size-proton-really-small

And:

How many femtometers in 1 micron? The answer is 1000000000.
We assume you are converting between femtometre and micron.
https://www.convertunits.com/from/femtometers/to/micron

These plasmoids have a lot of empty space and seem to be a hell of a lot bigger than they need to be.

After creating the plasmoids they have a unique reaction with water:

1678826432018.png

Plasmoids can split water into hydrogen and oxygen atoms, like electrolysis. Then Plasmoids split the H and O atoms into free electrons and protons, which I thought was called nuclear fission and tends to release a fair bit of energy. There is no mention of where the neutrons go.

Bendell then calculates that his device is "over-unity" based on exhaust temperatures?
1678827015479.png
1678827071014.png

Again, I'm no physicist nor very good at math, but I will note he claims to have achieved either 14 hp or 30hp based not on any actual work being done, but rather 14hp based on measured temperatures but a full 30hp based on the melting point of stainless steel. How he arrives at this I'm unsure. Seems a convoluted way to determine the power output of a gas generator with or without a contraption hooked up to it.

In the end Bendell seem to have grabbed bits of esoterica and fused that with some things from science to create his own paradigm. He's being promoted by people like Graham Hancock, because it seems like despite all of his bits and bobs hooked up to a generator, his claim is that these plasmoids have been around forever and maybe that's the secret technology that the Atlanteans used. He supposedly has a secret lab in the Maldives and does his testing in Thailand to keep out of sight of the evil corporations out to steal his idea, like they did to Tesla. I get the feeling he saw something about a Tokamak and got obsessed with the shape:

A tokamak (/ˈtoʊkəmæk/; Russian: токамáк) is a device which uses a powerful magnetic field to confine plasma in the shape of a torus. The tokamak is one of several types of magnetic confinement devices being developed to produce controlled thermonuclear fusion power. As of 2016, it was the leading candidate for a practical fusion reactor.[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokamak

That got combined with his ideas about each element having it's own "resonance" so he created his own version of a periodic table:

1678828000745.png

Despite what Joe Rogan and Graham Hancock say, we'll have to wait and see if this guy has proved physicist wrong. He hasn't yet.

Finaly, if one is so inclined, one can watch this video where he uses a lot of math and cool graphics to explain how the universe works. I got through about 1/2 of it.

Source: https://vimeo.com/771099134/73fa533c2b EDIT:Yes, the screen says this video does not exist, but it does if anyone is interested. Maybe because it's Vemeo it doesn't preview the same as YouTube.

All of this info is hosted on the Ascension Dynamics website, and here are a few of there other offerings:

1678819497500.png

Last edited:
The Plasmoid Unification Model (PUM) posits that Plasmoids are epoch-making and that the knowledge of them has been hidden in plain sight for centuries.
"everyone is stupid except for me"

Plasmoids by their unique geometry cause a consequential electromagnetic containment field to generate a Zero point naturally
SmartSelect_20230315-001130_Samsung Internet.jpg

Source: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh898Yr5YZ8 Zero-Point Energy Demystified

and casually, without much effort, have the ability to convert the nuclear Mass of Protium (Atoms) into energy.
hurray, cold fusion, the fact that this guy doesn't have tons of research grants means maybe he's mistaken...

determines the 25,920 Year frequency of our Solar System:
Article:
The galactic year, also known as a cosmic year, is the duration of time required for the Sun to orbit once around the center of the Milky Way Galaxy.[1] One galactic year is 230 million Earth years.

25920=2^6×3^4×5=12^3×15, which is weird because why not 12^4 if numerology is a concern?
Protium which has a melting point of -259.2C and is the most abundant element in our solar system. Protium determines the 25,920 Great Year frequency of our Solar System.
this numerological coincidence depends on an arbitrarily chosen temperature scale. It also begs the question, why pick the melting point and not one of the other available numbers; their cosmic significance should really be clarified, too:
Screenshot_20230315-003120_Samsung Internet.jpg

Bendall's main claim is that he has created some sort of cold fusion water fueled contraption that still has to be fitted to a standard ICE motor to produce an "over-unity" result
fitting a motor to a demonstration setup is an old, tried and true method to cheat on perpetual motion or "free energy".
PUM technology removes exhaust toxic waste products and increases the engine power output by transforming waste energy back into fuel.
so the conversion works both ways, then? removes toxic waste products while creating toxic fuel, hmmm....
it definitely looks like he's setting up to sell woo fuel additives.

Using this novel technology, conventional engines and generators can be retrofitted to run on a combination of water and fossil fuels, producing negligible toxic emissions when compared to current outputs.
I would agree that the modification reduces toxic emissions, but that's mainly because it won't work. Beware of passing non-colored fuel off as water.
How does he go from water to hydrogen anyway?
SmartSelect_20230315-004352_Samsung Internet.jpg
pulling H2O apart requires energy input, a factor conveniently neglegted in this diagram. Hydrogen gas is H2 and is not ionized; if it was, the oxygen would need to be ionized as well so the charges cancel out, which is difficult because there's half as much of it. If you expose H2 and O2 to any kind of spark (i guess plasma would do, but many engines do have spark plugs fitted), it combusts, but what you get then is a regular hydrogen engine that must produce less energy output than you put in to "disassociate" the "HzO liquid". How on Earth can their proof reader misread the chemical formula of water?

"exotic vacuum occurrence" is so exotic that nobody but he knows about it (metabunk is about to rank really high in the web search results); I won't comment on that because they don't exist.

that's an hour I won't get back. thanks for great work, Dave!

Last edited:
that's an hour I won't get back. thanks for great work, Dave!

It was a bit more than an hour for me! Instead of my morning walk, sunny California was experiencing its 11th atmospheric river of the season, it was raining with 20+mph winds. Even the 250 foot walk from my front door to my shop required full storm gear, so I found a little rabbit hole to check out. Obviously, my math skills are lacking, but it turned out be as much esoterica as it was physics.
I would agree that the modification reduces toxic emissions,
Yeah, it's just a basic Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) device, something added to American cars in the late '60s or so. My truck has a more sophisticated version of a EGR valve and EGR cooler that I had to disassemble and clean a while back. Again, he seems to take bits and pieces of different things and combine them together into his "new" vision.
If you expose H2 and O2 to any kind of spark (i guess plasma would do, but many engines do have spark plugs fitted), it combusts,
Right?! It seems his Plasmoid Generator is a mini Hindenburg, never mind that it goes a step further and "splits" the H and O atoms into their component parts.

this numerological coincidence depends on an arbitrarily chosen temperature scale.
In the original post:
There are some "fun facts", like the diameter of the sun is 864,000 miles and there are 86,400 seconds in a day
in which BOTH miles and seconds are arbitrary man-made units. Numerology is a rainy-day pastime to which no significance should be attached.

The whole thing smells of a "baffle them with bullshit" ploy to separate the gullible from their money.

The eternal mystery about crackpot inventors: Is this just a scam or do they believe in it?
Answer: Yes, it's a scam and they do believe in it. Not a very satisfactory answer, is it?

A shorthand version of the psychology of crackpot inventors:

-It would be good if it were true, therefore it is true.

-There are no lies because there is no truth... but there really is a GRAND TRUTH.

-The GRAND TRUTH changes everything.

-The GRAND TRUTH changes as time passes.

-Complexity has a quality all its own.

-Validity is a matter of revealed truth.

-Accuracy is a matter of faith.

-The process trumps the result.

-Believe in Me, not Them. For I am the Source of All Truth and They are the Fathers of Lies and Folly.

-This is the Dawn of a New Age. (If I'm given enough money)

-The New Age is so transcendent it's perfectly alright to lie, cheat, steal, and humiliate to bring it about. These things superficially look like callous acts of pathological self-interest and sadism... but that's just a shallow misperception made by people of inferior apprehension and morality.

During the lifetime of the crackpot inventor

-I must maintain The Secret from The Evil Ones.

-I will allow public tests of The Machine, but the tests will be ambiguous because of the need to maintain secrecy. The tests will involve something going in and something coming out but the workings of the machine will not be examined lest The Evil Ones steal the Secret.

-There will be some obscure guy with some relatively relevant letters after his name and work history who will support it.

-The results of each test will be argued about because the workings of the machine are not known and there may be hidden mechanisms that cheat.

-The results of the test will be argued about because they involve measurements just at the edge of the accuracy of the instruments measuring the results.

At this point I can cut and paste many of the traditional traits of pathological science
  • magnitude that remains close to the limit of detectability, or many measurements are necessary because of the very low statistical significance of the results.
  • There are claims of great accuracy.
  • Fantastic theories contrary to experience are suggested.
  • Criticisms are met by ad hoc excuses.
  • The ratio of supporters to critics rises and falls
-The latest iteration of The Machine is almost ready to enter practical service. Just a little more investor money is required.

-There will be passionate supporters with no practical connection to the thing. In other words no money invested (because they have no money) but who live and breath the subject.

After the the crackpot inventor has passed on.

-There will be arguments about which one of the iterations of The Machine was the true machine.

-There will be claims that a completely successful test was carried out, but there were one or few witnesses.

-THEY suppressed The Machine because they didn't want a New Age.

-There will be passionate supporters who revere the crackpot inventor as another Saint in the pantheon of Woo.

If you read this loosely enough The Machine includes free-energy machines, anti-gravity machines, and things like Scientology.

Last edited:
never mind that it goes a step further and "splits" the H and O atoms into their component parts.
Does it though? Who will check?
in which BOTH miles and seconds are arbitrary man-made units. Numerology is a rainy-day pastime to which no significance should be attached.
I noted that when I first read it, but by the time my hour was up and my brain shut down, I had overlooked and forgotten it. :oops:
Complexity has a quality all its own.
This is actually true in another sense, as exemplified by Heath Robinson and Rube Goldberg (I recommend doing an image search to any reader not familiar with them).

For the scam artist, its main quality is the opportunity for misdirection.

I remember Metabunk led me to another "free energy" scam a while back, I believe with a demonstration machine that was proven to cheat, and a small town that invested in it anyway (and I might actually be conflating two separate scams); I don't remember the name, though.

Last edited:
Maybe Randell L. Mills; the hydrino guy?

https://brilliantlightpower.com/

The electricity producing SunCell® uses a catalyst to cause hydrogen atoms of water molecules to transition to the lower-energy Hydrino® states by allowing their electrons to fall to smaller radii around the nucleus. This results in a release of energy that is intermediate between chemical and nuclear energies and a nonpolluting product. The energy release of the hydrogen separated from H2O, that can be acquired even from the humidity in the air, is over one hundred times that of an equivalent amount of high-octane gasoline.

There's a low rent version of Mills... Andrea Rossi. His gadget is called the E-Cat.

Last edited:
Changing water into fuel is nothing new.

Gasoline pills were a thing. Dating back at least to 1916.

Gasoline pills or Mr Fusion. Which one seems more believable?

Last edited:
The eternal mystery about crackpot inventors: Is this just a scam or do they believe in it?

Yes, the big question. With Bendall, he does seem to be upfront about how it all works. He has his own complete version of the universe that he shares. He even calls it his Unified Field Theory (screen grab from his Vimeo video 10:02):

1678898537711.png

He includes his version of the periodic table and complete diagrams of how his "over-unity" machine works. He shows us how he thinks plasmoids are being created, no big secret. But then he gets to his test and he bases his claim of "over-unity" on his stainless steel thunder storm generator being hotter than the exhaust coming from the ICE generator. Huh?

If you can handle some of his video and look at his diagrams and charts and stuff, it's like I said above; an almost random collection of esoterica, math, religion and bits of science all rolled together in an incredibly complicated and totally bonkers "Unified Feild Theory".

I really think he just grabs stuff he sees and hears and throws it in. Here's his diagram that jams together geometry and some sort of physics and time and lots of equations.

1678899924394.png

Then he'll throw in pictures with stainless-steel rings that are a "resonant octave 16 part chord", so some sort of music theory? This photo also has several tungsten parts. Note in the OP I included a picture of his space craft launch facility that had the interior filled with Argon gas. Why? I wouldn't be surprised if that, as he was having his Thunderstorm Generator welded up, he learned a TIG welder uses a tungsten electrode with Argon gas to create plasma, so yeah lets throw in some tungsten and Argon because they make plasma.

1678900160653.png

I can't tell if all of this is to baffle us, or he's baffling himself.

The fact that he doesn't just do a simple load test on ICE generator to establish a baseline and then retest it with his contraption hooked up to prove his claim of "over-unity" is a red flag that he's well aware it doesn't work. Or a red flag that he has totally confused himself.

Thanks NorCal Dave! That goes far above & beyond anything I hoped to find here.

To be fair to Joe Rogan, the episodes primary guest was Randall Carlson who has been on several times and remains popular. Carlson, on a previous show mentioned some new technology he was aware of and brought this Bendall fellow with to explain it all. Rogan out of respect for Carlson allowed this to go forward but apparently recognized Bendall as a fraudster and refused to actually post the episode. No one has seen it! I’m betting Rogan will find your info, confirm his suspicions, and it never will air.

When Randall Carlson sticks to geology, Ice Age & Younger Dryas comet impact hypothesis related stuff he at least makes some compelling arguments, or asks some good questions. He frequently teams up with Graham Hancock and their stories do merge a bit. He must have thought Malcolm Bendall would get the same reception Hancock does but Rogan isn’t buying it.

Last edited:
I’m betting Rogan will find your info, confirm his suspicions
Rogan's franchise makes so much money, he can easily hire people who can do a better job at researching those claims than we can. That's why it rankles when he gives crackpot guests an uncontradicted platform or denies responsibility for his content.

When Randall Carlson sticks to geology, Ice Age & Younger Dryas comet impact hypothesis related stuff he at least makes some compelling arguments, or asks some good questions. He frequently teams up with Graham Hancock and their stories do merge a bit.
If he "teams up with Graham Hancock", after the enormous amount of blowback Hancock is getting these days from genuine scientists, Carlson's judgment and science credibility are on shaky ground. A good story is not the same as good science. For example (one of dozens of articles):

At the time of writing, Ancient Apocalypse has been comfortably sitting in Netflix’s Top 10 list for several days. This presents something of a mystery, because the show closely resembles the sort of half-baked filler documentary that one of the lesser Discovery channels would slap up at 3am between shows about plane crashes and fascist architecture. Ancient Apocalypse obviously has an audience, but who on Earth is it?

Fortunately, you don’t have to watch for long to find out. In quick succession, during the pre-show sizzle reel, we are treated to a clip of the show’s host Graham Hancock being interviewed by Joe Rogan. Finally, we have an answer: Ancient Apocalypse must be a TV programme made exclusively for people who like to shout at you on Twitter.
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...calypse-is-the-most-dangerous-show-on-netflix

Rogan out of respect for Carlson allowed this to go forward but apparently recognized Bendall as a fraudster and refused to actually post the episode. No one has seen it! I’m betting Rogan will find your info, confirm his suspicions, and it never will air.

Yeah, I was confused because the website I was on about Bendall had a full Joe Rogan episode on YouTube with Carlson(?) and Hancock talking about his secret lab in the Maldives. You're saying there is an episode that features Bendall himself, that is being kept off air?

I'm not sure why Rogan would object, he keeps giving time to Hancock, who over the years has yet to provide a shred of evidence for his Atlanteans. What's different about another guy with and "over-unity" scheme and no evidence? In both cases it's about the appeal to conspiracy and those with secret knowledge going up against the Man for the little person.

Now, if Bendall got on the show and started to talk about how "aluminum has a resonate vibration equal to 2 octaves of mercury times the result of 144,000 bond servants of God divided by 6.666 while the moon is in Cancer and therefore plasmoids will split oxygen atoms and make the stainless-steel Thunderstorm Generator that's connected to the exhaust port of an ICE generator really, really hot and it'll launch space vehicles through Argon gas and create a natural and reoccurring vacuum from zero matter and light on a right triangle. But wait there's more!" It just doesn't make for compelling radio. His bonkers theory is near impossible to follow on the video with visual aids.

If he was a total scam artist using Rogan's show to appeal for investors, Rogan may pull the show, though he should have had an inkling beforehand. I'd imagine if Rogan's "research team" found Bendell to just be a completely delusional, he would still put him on the show, if he thought he was entertaining and would appeal to his audience, which according to you, he did. But like I said, Bendell's scripted video is nonsensical, if he tried to explain it off the cuff with an Aussie accent, it would just be a giant word salad.

Now, if Bendall got on the show and started to talk about how "aluminum has a resonate vibration equal to 2 octaves of mercury times the result of 144,000 bond servants of God divided by 6.666 while the moon is in Cancer and therefore plasmoids will split oxygen atoms and make the stainless-steel Thunderstorm Generator that's connected to the exhaust port of an ICE generator really, really hot and it'll launch space vehicles through Argon gas and create a natural and reoccurring vacuum from zero matter and light on a right triangle. But wait there's more!" It just doesn't make for compelling radio. His bonkers theory is near impossible to follow on the video with visual aids.
I know that's not a real description. It doesn't have the word "quantum" in it.

Yeah, I was confused because the website I was on about Bendall had a full Joe Rogan episode on YouTube with Carlson(?) and Hancock talking about his secret lab in the Maldives. You're saying there is an episode that features Bendall himself, that is being kept off air?
Yes, the Carlson / Hancock episode you saw with the big tease was recorded last fall sometime. The Carlson / Bendall episode that was NOT released was recorded maybe 2-3 weeks ago? Carlson, on his Youtube channel was quite upset over the deal. Claims he had a powerpoint presentation all ready to go but Rogan wouldn’t let him play it, maybe he had enough of Thunderstorm generators & shut the whole thing down part way in?

I do like Randall Carlson. He wears his ”generalist” badge proudly and his original solo appearance on Rogan, episode #606 from 8 years ago, is a good watch. There were some earlier VCR classroom lectures on youtube that got him onto the internet. Since then there has been little new material, mostly a cast of sidekick characters soliciting superchat donations, likes, subscribes, selling tour & conference tickets to the cult faithful, and selling them out. So there‘s that!

I know that's not a real description. It doesn't have the word "quantum" in it.
"Oh, ye of little faith"! It would appear Ms. K, that you have not spent (waisted) the amount of time I have in probing Mr. Bendell's revelations. If you had, you would realize that in the currently available "educational" material provided by Mr. Bendell, it never mentions the word quantum. Why should it, Bendell has created a natural fusion reactor, who needs quantum mechanics? Or modern quantum woo, when he just uses old style pre-quantum mechanics Theosophic woo.

1678929404879.png

These people are Hancock’s bread and butter; the “free thinkers” who, through some bizarre quirk of nature, are often more perennially outraged than anyone else on Earth.
the culture of fear and outrage keeps all the rabbits in the warren

But, hey, not all conspiracy theories are bad. If you don’t like Hancock’s story about the super-intelligent advanced civilisation being wiped off the face of the planet, here’s another that might explain how Netflix gave the greenlight to Ancient Apocalypse: the platform’s senior manager of unscripted originals happens to be Hancock’s son. Honestly, what are the chances?

so now Hancock is the topic of this thread?

Not really, it's just that:

1. He is the poster child for people like Bendall, the messianic enlightened outsider with piles of evidence that's constantly being thwarted by the entrenched interests of the nefarious establishment. Having been ignored and persecuted by the actual scientists and specialists in the respective fields, the truth is brought to the masses by way of Joe Rogan, or Netflix if your son happens to be in charge of programing there.

2. Bendall seemed to get his chance with Joe Rogan via Hancock, or at least him and his sidekick Randell Carlson, when the two of them discussed Bendall's work on an episode of the show. So, to borrow a bit of Bendall logic, Hancock, Carlson and Bendall are in "tangential resonance of a somewhat lesser octave" with each other. New member JohnHoward came here looking for something on Bendall because he heard about him on Rogan's show.

There is also the fact that there isn't much more to do with Bendall's work. When I tried to explain it to my chemist son last night, he finally just said "I've gone cross-eyed". He did look it up and found it amusing, particularly the semi-astrological chart and Bendall's version of the periodic table. He was going to print them out to take to lab today to show the rest of the chemist what they've been doing wrong all this time. I pointed out that his machine could split the nucleus of H and O atoms into their component parts, I then got a long lecture on beta decay and alpha decay and then "I went cross-eyed".

Bottom line, Bendall's theories are complete gibberish to actual chemists or physicists. I will admit though, there is something entertaining about them, if just for the shear audacity and complicated inner workings he seems to come up with.

My son did have an interesting thought, he pointed out that many people like Bendall, pull their ideas from multiple sources, so that when someone like a chemist says "Atoms don't act that way" the response is "Well, you're a chemist and don't understand the physics involved". This then works in reverse when a physicist says "Atoms don't work that way" and is met with "Well, you're a physicist and don't understand the chemistry involved." If a chemist/physicist says "Atoms don't work that way", the response is "Well, you don't understand the vibrational frequencies involved". People like Bendall always understand just a little more than all their critics in just enough divergent fields to have obtained their revolutionary ideas.

So, to borrow a bit of Bendall logic, Hancock, Carlson and Bendall are in "tangential resonance of a somewhat lesser octave" with each other.
That sounds right, but I wonder if there is a conscious effort to connect oneself to some previous credible work, and by association, claim the same credibility?

Randall Carlson, before Hancock hooked up with him, talked a lot about J. Harlen Bretz who came up with the idea of ice age floods causing the Scabland areas in Washington state. Bretz was mocked by virtually the entire scientific community, (they wanted to know if he found Noah’s Ark out there somewhere) until he was proven correct. Einstein was ridiculed at first too! Those are examples of why I don’t automatically accept something just because “the science” at first says so. Carlson has some solid backing, but runs into trouble tying together Clovis culture, Megafauna extinction, Younger Dryas, and Scabland floods, all caused by comet impacts on the ice sheet. He readily admits to an energy paradox concerning how 6 million cubic miles of ice could melt quickly enough to cause those floods. It all sounds kinda plausible, except there seems to be good evidence that much of that ice age flooding happened several thousand years earlier. In any case, the whole idea of a catastrophic reset possibly wiping out evidence of earlier civilization is just enough to give Hancock a legitimate foot in the door. I don’t see any connection, but maybe his talk of lost ancient wisdom has this Bendall guy seeing an opportunity to gain some moral virtue by jumping on the bandwagon with his plasma contraption. Until someone figures out how the pyramids were built, ancient plasma cutting & levitation theories will continue. They can’t demonstrate lifting rocks, cause that doesn’t work, but hooking gizmos to engines & claiming free energy is an easy con.

Until someone figures out how the pyramids were built,
i thought we already knew that.

1. He is the poster child for people like Bendall, the messianic enlightened outsider with piles of evidence that's constantly being thwarted by the entrenched interests of the nefarious establishment
just dismissing people as kooks really just feeds the conspiracy theories (ex demonstrated by the comment i posted, with Randalls thoughts and testimony on the Joe ROgan episode hiding, that was removed because of double standards i dont quite understand). The pervasive character attacks on MB now make 'us' sound like the nefarious establishment.

And this is character attacks twice removed.

Be nice if people went back to the old MB ways, quoted a specific claim of evidence and that evidence was analyzed. We're starting to sound like youtube and twitter. ah bien, c'est la vie.

Carlson has some solid backing, but runs into trouble tying together Clovis culture, Megafauna extinction, Younger Dryas, and Scabland floods, all caused by comet impacts on the ice sheet. He readily admits to an energy paradox concerning how 6 million cubic miles of ice could melt quickly enough to cause those floods. It all sounds kinda plausible, except there seems to be good evidence that much of that ice age flooding happened several thousand years earlier. In any case, the whole idea of a catastrophic reset possibly wiping out evidence of earlier civilization is just enough to give Hancock a legitimate foot in the door.

By the rules we try to use here, that's fodder for a different thread. This is for discussing Bendall's claims, with Carlson and Hancock showing up tangentially. If Carlson has a specific claim, you could start a thread on it.

Until someone figures out how the pyramids were built, ancient plasma cutting & levitation theories will continue. They can’t demonstrate lifting rocks, cause that doesn’t work, but hooking gizmos to engines & claiming free energy is an easy con.

Some of that is discussed here in this thread:

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/cl...th-advanced-manufacturing-capabilities.12240/

This thread also touches on some of the "ancient technologies" ideas. It's a bit confusing at first because it wasn't started as new claim, rather it was a spur, or off topic discussion from a different thread:

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/ba...d-or-just-assume-from-lack-of-evidence.11952/

He includes his version of the periodic table and complete diagrams of how his "over-unity" machine works.
Diagrams aren't science. Diagrams can simplify the interpretation of the data that backs up the science, but diagrams themselves aren't science.
The flowcharts in the "get me off your fucking mailing list" paper are diagrams. They aren't science.
I'm pretty sure there were diagrams in "Chicken chicken chicken chicken" too. (Yes, obviously a hat doff to Sabine here.)

Diagrams are a medium, they aren't the payload.

(And yes, I know you knew this.)

Be nice if people went back to the old MB ways, quoted a specific claim of evidence and that evidence was analyzed.

I thought I did a decent job of presenting Bendall's claims and my, admittedly limited, understanding of why they were wrong in the OP.

just dismissing people as kooks really just feeds the conspiracy theories (ex demonstrated by the comment i posted, with Randalls thoughts and testimony on the Joe ROgan episode hiding, that was removed because of double standards i dont quite understand). The pervasive character attacks on MB now make 'us' sound like the nefarious establishment.

And this is character attacks twice removed.

You commented on Hancock being part of the thread, so I tried to explain why. I didn't call him a "kook", I said he was a "messianic enlightened outsider with piles of evidence that's constantly being thwarted by the entrenched interests of the nefarious establishment," which I think is an apt description. It's pretty much how Hancock portrays himself as he rallies against the wrong-headed Archeological establishment.

By extension, Bendell is brought to the mainstream by Hancock and Carlson and seems to have the same Quixotic identity. From an article introducing Bendall by Rolan Perry (bold by me):

However, under seriousthreat to his own safety, Malcolm Bendall, 62, has gone beyond all the efforts of rich-list ‘names’ to develop a prototype device that can be added to all combustion engines, in everything from cars and generators to aircraft carriers and spaceships. Bendall has built a device that has been successful on a 2005 Ford Futura, jet engines, generators and other devices. Under his direction from an undisclosed base, engineers and mechanics have been working on it in secret Australian locations over seven years.
Bendall at times himself clouds his own image by an unabashed claim of outside Divine guidance and his self-styled description as a Prophet of Nature. The many scientists I have interviewed about his inventions swear by his being an uber-genius, but often dismiss or ignore his ecclesiastical leanings that inspire him.
Any quirky characteristics have been ignored by the US, Russia and Chinese Governments, that have all made strong efforts to gain Bendall’s services. A comparison is Werner Von Braun, the German rocket scientist, who was much sought after at the end of World War Two. The Americans beat the Russians for his services. At the moment, the US Navy and NASA seem to be the front-runners with Bendall.
He has been hiding out, fearing for his life,
and with good reason based on my research. Bendall has finished the patent on his LEAR invention- --3,000 of pages of it, which includes 444 original diagrams--and it is lodged in an International Property bank.
https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...8551974906/THE+CARBON+KILLER_roland+perry.pdf

Perry went so far as to write a fiction book based on Bendall's work, however in an interview, linked below, he claims he fictionalized what is mostly real

THE NEW INTERNATIONAL TECHNO-THRILLER FROM ONE OF AUSTRALIA'S BEST-KNOWN AUTHORS

Victor Cavalier has received the phone call every parent dreads: his daughter is lying in a coma after a motorcycle accident and given little chance of survival. But when a mysterious scientist known as the Shaman intervenes to save his daughter's life, Victor decides he must meet this maverick genius.

The Shaman has developed cold-fusion technology that harnesses atomic energy from water. It can be used to replace combustion engines, revolutionising transport and power generation, but also to build terrifying weaponry - making him the target of a ruthless international organisation that will do anything to gain control of this new technology. Now all that stands in their way is Victor - an investigative reporter and undercover operative with lethal skills and a talent for getting to the bottom of the story.

From Thailand to Tasmania, London to New York, The Shaman is the gripping new international thriller from bestselling author Roland Perry.
https://www.amazon.com/Shaman-Roland-Perry-ebook/dp/B08MHWDYWD

Interview video can be found here:
https://www.strikefoundation.earth/introduction

I don't think I used any derogatory names, I just described how I think these guys view themselves.

I thought I did a decent job of presenting Bendall's claims and my, admittedly limited, understanding of why they were wrong in the OP.
yes, you absolutely did. you're not the one that went off topic with quoting a left wing publication to bad mouth Hancock.

Mr Bendall's "work" makes very little sense. Extraordinary claims are made but no real evidence given, laws of physics are broken (or ignored) without explanation. Scientific terms ("event horizon", "unified field theory" etc.) are used in ways that have little to do with their meaning in the wider world.

Bendall's work is not science, and it won't bring about a new technology.

But he's clearly put a lot of work into it.
Maybe it could be considered a form of "Outsider Art", like that produced by Henry Darger (12 April 1892 - 13 April 1973),
or the author of the Voynich manuscript.

My son did have an interesting thought, he pointed out that many people like Bendall, pull their ideas from multiple sources, so that when someone like a chemist says "Atoms don't act that way" the response is "Well, you're a chemist and don't understand the physics involved". This then works in reverse when a physicist says "Atoms don't work that way" and is met with "Well, you're a physicist and don't understand the chemistry involved." If a chemist/physicist says "Atoms don't work that way", the response is "Well, you don't understand the vibrational frequencies involved". People like Bendall always understand just a little more than all their critics in just enough divergent fields to have obtained their revolutionary ideas.
it's a pseudoscience gish gallop: drown 'em in drivel.

if plasmoids were real, there'd be a reproducible key experiment that shows they are.

If plasmoid EVOs were real and 100 microns large, there'd be photos of them, at 0.1mm (4/1000 of an inch) a normal camera would suffice (especially if it has a macro lens). It's the thickness of hair or a sheet of paper.

The diagrams can't make up for the lack of evidence.

Last edited:
Until someone figures out how the pyramids were built, ancient plasma cutting & levitation theories will continue.
they won't be kept from peddling woo by someone figuring out how the pyramids were built.
Article:
In 1992,[39] Mark Lehner and stonemason Roger Hopkins conducted a three-week pyramid-building experiment for a NOVA television episode. They built a pyramid 6 metres (20 ft) high by 9 metres (30 ft) wide, consisting of a total of 162 cubic metres (5,700 cu ft), or about 405 tons. It was made out of 186 stones weighing an average of 2.2 tons each.

none of the woo peddlers have ever been phazed by available evidence that contradicts them

Mr Bendall's "work" makes very little sense. Extraordinary claims are made but no real evidence given, laws of physics are broken (or ignored) without explanation. Scientific terms ("event horizon", "unified field theory" etc.) are used in ways that have little to do with their meaning in the wider world.

Bendall's work is not science, and it won't bring about a new technology.

Maybe it could be considered a form of "Outsider Art", like that produced by Henry Darger (12 April 1892 - 13 April 1973),
I see hints of Archimedes Plutonium and his Atom Totality Theory in that mess of words (his, not yours, obviously :)). However, it falls well short of Gene Ray's Time Cube for incomprehensibility. There's no lower bound.

Yeah, his Plasmoid Unification Theory chart is beautiful and clearly had a lot of effort put into it. I'm thinking of printing out a large one to put up in my shop just for fun. If he had put it forth as an artistic amalgamation of esoterica and science in an effort to get people, particularly rationalists, to see things in a different way, I'd go with that. It reminds me of stuff I've seen out at Burningman.

But, that doesn't seem to be the case. It think, he thinks this is all real and that his machine is an actual over-unity device. As a result, he believes he's forced to live in secrecy and fear while simultaneously negotiating with China or the US to bring his planes to fruition.

I was trying to understand what was going on with his Thunderstorm Generator. Recall from his diagram this is how it's hooked up:

1679072714141.png

In his video (link in the OP), it's shown running at about 9:00. Because it's a Vimeo video, the preview says it's not available and I can't create a timed link like in YouTube, but here is a screen grab showing the Thunderstorm Generator glowing red hot. It also seems, through the roar of the ICE generator, to make popping or sizzeling-like sounds along with occasional "sparks" as seen in the lower left corner:

1679072952443.png

The claim is that the exhaust is going into the Thunderstorm device at 241C, but the device itself is heating up to 767C, so ~520C more than the input of the exhaust, therefore "over-unity".

The 241C temp is definitely below the lower end of the average ICE generator 287C-482C:

Portable generator exhaust pipes can reach temperatures ranging from 550 to 900 degrees Fahrenheit, but usually, they stay around 600 degrees. Some generator exhausts get hotter than others, depending on fuel type, generator size, unit model, and how long you’ve been running the generator.
https://pickgenerators.com/how-hot-is-a-generator-exhaust/

Maybe the reading wrong, or more likely the distance from the ICE generator to the Thunderstorm Generator is allowing the exhaust to cool some, but why is it glowing red hot at 767C?

I'm thinking the most logical answer is that somewhere in the hook up of this thing, intentionally or unintentionally, the electrical output of the ICE generator is finding its way to the Thunderstorm Generator and it's acting like a basic heating element. The "sizzling" sounds is just water from other parts of the device flying into the heated chamber and vaporizing on the walls.

I'm thinking the most logical answer is that somewhere in the hook up of this thing, intentionally or unintentionally, the electrical output of the ICE generator is finding its way to the Thunderstorm Generator and it's acting like a basic heating element.
That would explain where all those "horsepower" go with no load attached.

Maybe the reading wrong, or more likely the distance from the ICE generator to the Thunderstorm Generator is allowing the exhaust to cool some, but why is it glowing red hot at 767C?
what color is it supposed to be?

Article:
Iron or steel, when heated to above 900 °F (460 °C), glows with a red color. The color of heated iron changes predictably (due to black-body radiation) from dull red through orange and yellow to white, and can be a useful indicator of its temperature.

I'm thinking the most logical answer is that somewhere in the hook up of this thing, intentionally or unintentionally, the electrical output of the ICE generator is finding its way to the Thunderstorm Generator and it's acting like a basic heating element. The "sizzling" sounds is just water from other parts of the device flying into the heated chamber and vaporizing on the walls.
Agreed. Bendall's set-up is doing something, but probably something of no utility.
If his rig were available for independent examination, it seems highly likely that everything occurring could be explained using long-established laws of chemistry and physics. No "over-unity" will be found.

I'm reminded a bit about a claim of a water-fuelled car; I couldn't recall the "inventor's" name until I found this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Meyer's_water_fuel_cell
-Wikipedia, Stanley Meyer's water fuel cell, accessed 17/03/23.

Meyer might have been able to power a Dune Buggy with his device, but avoided expert examination. Eventually investors took him to court; three expert witnesses examined Meyer's "water fuel cell" and concluded it used conventional electrolysis (i.e. electricity from an external source to "split" water molecules; the electrical energy required would always be substantially more than the energy made available from combusting the resulting hydrogen and oxygen). The whole saga pretty much conforms to Z.W. Wolf's earlier characterisation of "crank" inventors, and the progress of their claims, here
A shorthand version of the psychology of crackpot inventors
I predict that Bendall's claims will at best follow a similar course. In, say, two year's time, we will be no closer to a usable technology from Mr Bendall.

On Mr Bendall's "Strike Foundation" website https://www.strikefoundation.earth/, he describes "plasmoids", which his technology seems to rely on:
Bendall, Strike Foundation website clipping.JPG

The claim of "enormous amounts of energy" might already have been found wanting by NASA, in
"Theoretical Analysis of the Electron Spiral Toroid Concept", Jean-Luc Cambier, David A. Micheletti, 2000, which admittedly is an investigation of an earlier (and less eccentric) claim by Electron Power Systems Inc. (EPS).

EPS's website uses the term "plasma toroids", not "plasmoids". Cambier and Micheletti use "Electron Spiral Toroid" (EST).
N.b., I'm not linking the EPS website. It appears to have been neglected since 2014 and has been partially hacked, consider it unsafe.
The President of EPS is/ was Clint Seward. He has an entry on Natural Philosophers Wikipedia ("This Natural Philosophy Wiki often disputes scientific content found on Wikipedia") https://wiki.naturalphilosophy.org/index.php?title=Clint_Seward, which strangely doesn't increase my confidence in him as a scientist. The EPS website lists Chiping Chen (owner of Brookline Consulting) as their chief consulting scientist. Chen is referenced in the Cambier / Micheletti paper.

Cambier and Micheletti's 2000 NASA paper can be found here as a PDF
https://ntrs.nasa.gov/api/citations/20010021117/downloads/20010021117.pdf

They state
NASA EST review.JPG
(My highlights).
After some thought about the final line in the clipping (above) I left it in; I felt it would be dishonest to imply that Cambier and Micheletti were wholly dismissive of ESTs.

Bendall's "research" appears to have a basis in, or share a common basis with, EPS's more conventionally presented research.
His claims are more extravagant, and his theorising esoteric to a bewildering degree.

EPS Inc.'s work- sufficiently credible to gain attention from (and be partially refuted by) NASA- appears to have come to naught.
I don't think that there is any reason to suppose that Mr Bendall will fare any better; indeed, his stew of mysticism, mis-used scientific terms and pseudoscientific tropes can only reduce any confidence in his "practical" experimentation.

Last edited:
what color is it supposed to be?
I guess I wasn't clear.

Yes, it's glowing RED hot as that's what color really hot metal becomes. The question is how? How does the Thunderstorm Generator (I'm just going to call it the TG going forward because I'm tired of typing it out) get to the glowing red-hot temp of 767C with an input of exhaust gas at only 241C? The claim is that the plasmoids are raising the temp the additional 520C.

I postulated that somewhere in the various connections for the device, the TG, which is a stainless-steel cylinder, got connected to the electrical output of the ICE generator (an everyday portable generator that burns gas to output electricity, something you could buy at Home Depot) such that the electrical current produced is passing through walls of the TG. The TG becomes a resistive path to the electrical current coming from the ICE generator and when an electrical current passes through a resistive material, the material heats up. The TG is glowing red hot because its acting like the heating element in a common space heater that one plugs into a wall socket.

That would explain where all those "horsepower" go with no load attached.

Yes, but my other thought was: IF his device does indeed accomplish electrolysis and splits water in free H and O atoms, could they stay seperate long enough to enter the TG and combust? The TG ends up being a combustion chamber for the free H and O. It's still not over-unity, but it could be another way the TG is getting heated up. Maybe?

The TG becomes a resistive path to the electrical current coming from the ICE generator and when an electrical current passes through a resistive material, the material heats up.
wouldn't the wire (or whatever makes the conndction) melt first?

Back