Sandy Hook: Professor James. F Tracy, justification of criticism

F4Jock

Senior Member.
If you could point out some of the errors on ContrailScience.com then I'd be happy to correct them.

I'm not paid anything for either site. This is just a a hobby, and I'm very much in favor of openness and the truth.

You gonna share Mick? I want you to triple my salary! How much IS three times nothing anyway?

Hama Neggs

Senior Member.
There's a problem in journalism of "false balance", where the reporter attempts to give "both sides" of the story, and ends up essentially greatly giving weight to the fringe side far beyond the weight it deserves. A good example would be chemtrails, where the reporter gives equal time to conspiracy theorists and meteorologists. This gives a false impression that the subject is somewhat 50/50, up for debate, where scientists are not really sure. But the real picture is that 99.99% of scientists understand the chemtrail theory is bunk, and there's just this tiny number of people with this weird theory, that runs contrary to science and history.

This is of critical importance. I saw it happen with the Planet X people where the "debate" got dragged off-center to where it was skewed dramatically over to their side. It's the same with the chemmie story now. They pretend that there is real disagreement between competent thinkers on the subject because they insist that certain things are already accepted fact. It's accomplished by repeating a certain premise enough times to where it becomes something that "everybody knows". Then they refuse to even talk about all of those previously "proven" bits and pretend that there is a solid basis for their general story, when in fact the entire thing had feet of clay from the beginning. In the end, we end up debating meaningless minutia rather than just saying the basic truth that there entire story is a crock of shit. If we make that sort of firm proclamation it seems to outside observers who really don't know the details or history of the hoax as if we are being 'unfair' and biased. The truth is, they are simply kooks, but if you say that it looks to outsiders as if you haven't given them any fair chance to "ask questions". It ends up looking like there is a real debate taking place, unfortunately, and that, in turn, energizes the hoax even more. Sad, but true.

Cairenn

Senior Member.
There is no basis on the anti vax crap. Sorry, I have the day debunking anti GMO nonsense, and I could have went for dinner, if I had dollar for every insult and 'your a shill' comment (and yes most spelled it that way].

deirdre

Senior Member.
um, because I cheated my way through high school and never attended college. recently ive been helping my nephew study for his GED and let me tell you, I've been wondering if I am actually 'smarter than a fifth grader'. Still it only took me about 30 seconds to figure it. Its not like I'm a tax expert or anything.
so do you think HE wrote the article?

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Smart people often write things that are less than smart. I see no conflict. Plus it's consistent with his prior interests.

Belfrey

Senior Member.
um, because I cheated my way through high school and never attended college. recently ive been helping my nephew study for his GED and let me tell you, I've been wondering if I am actually 'smarter than a fifth grader'. Still it only took me about 30 seconds to figure it. Its not like I'm a tax expert or anything.
so do you think HE wrote the article?
The sleuthjournal site appears to be down a the moment, but check out James Tracy's blog: http://memoryholeblog.com/

Yes, the reasoning is painfully, appallingly poor and unscholarly. It's worrisome that someone with such a poor standard of journalism could be a tenured professor in a university school of communications. But that does appear to be the case.

deirdre

Senior Member.
The sleuthjournal site appears to be down a the moment, but check out James Tracy's blog: http://memoryholeblog.com/

Yes, the reasoning is painfully, appallingly poor and unscholarly. It's worrisome that someone with such a poor standard of journalism could be a tenured professor in a university school of communications. But that does appear to be the case.
based on that. I doubt there's anything interesting in his bog : (

Tobes

James Tracy is now promoting the idea that Boston was a government op, bringing up the same arguments being disseminated in the conspiracy sphere. Also gives credence to the fake/prosthetic actors idea.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...ning-if-boston-bombs-were-staged1366815539594

The mother agrees (although it is unclear whether she is directly referencing him or just the general speculation).
http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/2013/04/boston_bombers_mother_agrees_w.php

And is I've mentioned before, if it were a drill, everyone would have known it was a drill. It would not have been passed off as a real bombing. Civilians would not have been unwittingly involved and there would not have been any real casualties.

deirdre

Senior Member.
And is I've mentioned before, if it were a drill, everyone would have known it was a drill. It would not have been passed off as a real bombing. Civilians would not have been unwittingly involved and there would not have been any real casualties.
james tracy is just lying. I think he's doing some experiment in communications.

his blog from 2012 has every 'conspiracy' noted. come on, how many people believe Everything is a conspiracy? besides, the property tax issue I mention above, I just couldn't accept the 'smart people sometimes write stupid stuff' reason. he DOES own property, in fact his property was reassessed 3x in the last few years. including when he refinanced or took a second mortgage. he knows all about property tax assessments but he pretends he doesn't? I don't think so.

I'm ok with his 'government controlled media' ideas but that doesn't equate to the pure Bulk of Bunk he is spreading. makes no sense. He's faking it.

tracy property tax.JPG

Tobes

I forget where I read this, but one person pointed out that although he is a professor of communication, James Tracy is rather ignorant of the news-gathering process. Much of the evidence he used to build his case about Sandy Hook was based on errors in the early reporting. If he actually knew anything about how the media really works, he'd know that there are always errors in early reports. People see different things. They say they saw something that they really didn't. They hear rumors and repeat them. If you look at an everyday occurrence like a car accident, if you talk to six different witnesses, none of their stories will match. Why would a situation that's a million times more chaotic and confusing be any different?
In sports, you have trained, professional officials just feet away from the action, who know exactly what to look for and they still get the call wrong sometimes. That's why many sports at the highest levels now have instant replay. Why would ordinary people witnessing a traumatic incident, the likes of which they've never seen in their lives, be expected to provide accurate accounts of what happened right at the start?
People may say that's sloppy reporting, but the reality is, that a century ago, when all we had were newspapers, reporters could be wrong about things all day, but they had time to sort it out and as long as they got it right by the time the presses start rolling, that was all that mattered.
These days, they don't have that luxury. Things are being reported as soon as they're being written into the notebooks. Let's face it, nobody is going to cover a breaking news story by saying "This just in: something happened in Newtown, Conn. We're not sure what, but get back to us in a day or two when we've had time to sort it all out."

Pete Tar

Senior Member.
It's one of the most frustrating tendencies of internet conspiracy theorists. Similar rumblings are already being used to justify suspicion about the 'official narrative' of MH370.

ColtCabana

Indeed. I hate to get off topic, but I remember CNN or MSNBC reporting on 9/11 that the United States Capital Building was on fire. Turned out to be bogus. Why don't conspiracy theorists treat that as gospel and believe a coverup of a US Capital fire is being held?

Tobes

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/12/
-professor-taunts-sandy-hook-parents-and-accuses-them-of-faking-kids-massacre-for-money/

When he's accusing parents of serious crimes without a shred of evidence to back himself up, he needs to be fired.
If the Pozners were raking in millions from various charities, I'm pretty sure the IRS would be all over it.

Last edited:

deirdre

Senior Member.

Tobes

Looks like he's on his way out.

deirdre

Senior Member.
Looks like he's on his way out.

link to above http://www.fau.edu/newsdesk/files/statement-regarding-james-tracy.pdf

http://www.upressonline.com/2015/12...anyone-noticing-now-universitys-taking-steps/ https://archive.is/8pIas

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/opinion...-hook-massacre-was-staged-20151214-story.html

edit: oops that one ^^^ is Tracy's rebuttal to the sun sentinel over the Pozner article. This is the link that goes with my quote http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/education/fl-fau-fires-james-tracy-20151216-story.html

Attachments

• statement-regarding-james-tracy.pdf
    73.3 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:

deirdre

Senior Member.
And his "Friends" certainly arent helping him keep his job. In 2013 the college specifically told him not to associate his CT bunk with their college. But he attached FAU to a book entitled "Nobody died at Sandy Hook". Not good.

From the new website selling that bunk filled book

and from the book text itself:

pdf.PNG

Last edited:

Svartbjørn

Senior Member.
Tracy was removed from his position apparently after calling the parents of one of the children and demanding proof of their existence:

http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/professor-fired-over-sandy-hook-conspiracy-theory/

Last edited:

deirdre

Senior Member.
Tracy was removed from his position apparently after calling the parents of one of the children and demanding proof of their existence:

http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/professor-fired-over-sandy-hook-conspiracy-theory/
he is not officially fired yet. He has ten days to respond.

David Fraser

Senior Member.
I am unclear about how this would stand as repressing his freedom of speech, but then I am ignorant of how things stand in the US outside of the Hustler court case.

Belfrey

Senior Member.
I am unclear about how this would stand as repressing his freedom of speech, but then I am ignorant of how things stand in the US outside of the Hustler court case.
It's not quite a freedom-of-speech issue, because he's being disciplined by his employer, not the government. IMO, the more pertinent issue is academic freedom, and preserving the tenure system. But there have always been limits to that, and I don't think that most people in Tracy's field would defend his "scholarship" on this subject.

MikeG

Senior Member.
It's not quite a freedom-of-speech issue, because he's being disciplined by his employer, not the government. IMO, the more pertinent issue is academic freedom, and preserving the tenure system. But there have always been limits to that, and I don't think that most people in Tracy's field would defend his "scholarship" on this subject.

Academic freedom isn't a blank check in practice. We have a collective bargaining agreement at my university. Academic Freedom is covered under Article 2 (of 46 articles total). It is followed by an article that covers "Duties and Responsibilities of Faculty Members." It establishes that freedom must be counterbalanced by responsible behavior.

Interestingly, the contract cautions faculty to "be careful not to introduce into his/her teaching controversial matter which has no relation to his/her subject."

I have been tenured since 2004 and reasonable expectations regarding behavior apply in the classroom, while researching, and speaking in public.

It looks like Tracy's university administration tried to warn him off affiliating his statements with the school. His refusal to comply is a case of insubordination, which can result in termination.

Belfrey

Senior Member.
Academic freedom isn't a blank check in practice. We have a collective bargaining agreement at my university. Academic Freedom is covered under Article 2 (of 46 articles total). It is followed by an article that covers "Duties and Responsibilities of Faculty Members." It establishes that freedom must be counterbalanced by responsible behavior.
I looked it up when this whole thing first came up, and FAU has similar language in their policies. In my opinion, Tracy's actions fall well outside of the limits of protection under tenure and academic freedom.

deirdre

Senior Member.

Interestingly, the contract cautions faculty to "be careful not to introduce into his/her teaching controversial matter which has no relation to his/her subject."

I have been tenured since 2004 and reasonable expectations regarding behavior apply in the classroom, while researching, and speaking in public.

It looks like Tracy's university administration tried to warn him off affiliating his statements with the school. His refusal to comply is a case of insubordination, which can result in termination.
It is going to be interesting to watch this case unfold. This article is indicative of the conversation i have been reading on various sites re: if "tenure" should be done away with or not.

bold mine

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
From the FAU CBA

http://www.fau.edu/provost/files/CBA.2012-2015.pdf
So I suspect that he will try to go through the grievance procedure, and keep the publicity up.

deirdre

Senior Member.
Florida local news reporting that the appeals time has ended and Tracy's last day of work will be January 8th*. Other professors will take over his classes. :)

*David Bowie's b-day. and Elvis, just fyi.

Svartbjørn

Senior Member.
Game, set, match..

Now come the cries of "them" being responsible and that the school is out to get him, this is an infringement of his civil liberties and right to free speech, and that "they" are trying to silence him.

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
tadaaa Lenny Pozner and Sandy Hook Escaping The Rabbit Hole 20
Michael Mitchell Claim: Evidence for use of "Breaching Round" at Sandy Hook Sandy Hook 23
deirdre Debunked: Newtown Bee removing article links related to Sandy Hook citizen investigations Sandy Hook 3
J Debunked: Sandy Hook Dad Dave Wheeler CAUGHT in SWAT uniform on day of shooting Sandy Hook 102
deirdre Debunked: Medical Examiner 'caught' setting up fake crime scene Sandy Hook 4
deirdre Debunked: Kaitlin Roig could not fit her 15 students in bathroom Sandy Hook 27
deirdre Debunked: Police took photos before attending to wounded Sandy Hook 1
deirdre Debunked: Hochsprung Email Suggests Sandy Hook Vacated Months Before Massacre Event Sandy Hook 11
Keith Johnson CLAIM: Dispatch Log Shows CT State Police Were at Sandy Hook School Hours Before the Shooting Sandy Hook 1
S Website set up by Sandy Hook father now redirects to nsa.gov Sandy Hook 20
Redwood Claim: Gov. Malloy Stated that He Was Told by "National News" that Sandy Hook Would Happen Sandy Hook 3
MikeG Debunked: Crime Scene Photos "Prove" Sandy Hook was a Hoax Sandy Hook 107
R Time stamps and Dates? Sandy Hook 25
Qualiall William Brandon Shanley's Trillion Dollar lawsuit Sandy Hook 11
Redwood Claim: Sandy Hook School was sold in 2009 Sandy Hook 4
R Help debunking Sandy Hook and Aroura crisis actors! Conspiracy Theories 8
Mike Fl Can someone debunk this? Sandy Hook Shooting 100% Fraud Proof in 2 mins. - Photo Time Analysis Sandy Hook 21
Keith Johnson FACT CHECK: What About Father Bob?, Part 1 Sandy Hook 0
Mike Fl Debunked: Sandy Hook FEMA Drill PDF Sandy Hook 8
Mike Fl Debunked: The Claim That the Envelope Was Found in the Lanza Home Sandy Hook 10
Mick West Debunked: FBI Says No one killed at Sandy Hook [Included in CT State total] Sandy Hook 48
B Claim: Video shows SH victim Rachel Davino alive at boston marathon Sandy Hook 4
Redwood James Fetzer Claims Lenny Pozner Forged Death Certificate Sandy Hook 13
deirdre Sandy Hook mom "Debunks" Hoaxers <3 Sandy Hook 28
David West "Occam's Razor" - A Dark Comedy Short Film General Discussion 32
deirdre Debunked: The band on Lanza's hat wasnt used by Flexfit until 2013 Sandy Hook 27
deirdre Searchable State Police Report and OFFICIAL reports/press releases Sandy Hook 3
deirdre Debunked: United Way (Sandy Hook Donations) refuses FOIA requests Sandy Hook 2
Kerensa Sandy Hook: Unexplained gunshots? Sandy Hook 26
Josh Heuer Sandy Hook: "There's a rumor it's fake" Sandy Hook 21
Representative Press "Sandy Hook: Whole City Got FREE Houses!" General Discussion 1
J Debunked: Full proof sandy hook was closed 5 yrs ago Sandy Hook 25
deirdre Debunked: Sandy Hook Residents got their houses for free Sandy Hook 10
Mick West Debunked: Sandy Hook Victims not in Social Security Death Index (SSDI Official Death Records) Sandy Hook 9
Keith Johnson Sandy Hook: Who Cleaned Up the Blood? Sandy Hook 7
Keith Johnson Debunked: "Drill" Protocols Followed at Sandy Hook Sandy Hook 3
Mick West Debunked: Why were Life Star helicopters not deployed to Sandy Hook School? Sandy Hook 208
Quantumbeliever Wolfgang Halbig and Sandy Hook Sandy Hook 81
Tobes Email from former Connecticut state worker claiming lottery/Sandy Hook connection Sandy Hook 22
Josh Heuer Final Sandy Hook Report Released. Sandy Hook 30
Oxymoron Sandy Hook Predicted in Dec 2010 Sandy Hook 4
Tazmanian Sandy Hook: License Plate on Honda Civic Sandy Hook 22
betamonk Sandy Hook: Search Warrants Sandy Hook 36
Mick West Debunked: Sandy Hook: Nick and Laura Phelps actors, Jennifer Greenberg Sandy Hook 18
BlueCollarCritic Sandy Hook - Just How Many Conincidences & Unexplained Behaivor Are OK? Sandy Hook 6
hopstoopid Debunked: Sandy Hook. Media staging photos. Sandy Hook 167
Mick West Debunked: Sandy Hook: Anderson Cooper Green Screen Disappearing Nose with Pozner Sandy Hook 20
Mick West Debunked: Sandy Hook: Nuns wearing comfortable shoes Sandy Hook 9
LogicAndSanity Sandy Hook Compared to Other School Shootings Sandy Hook 13
jvnk08 Debunked: Sandy Hook: "End the life of Adam" Sandy Hook 13
Related Articles

Related Articles