International Chemtrail Association-FaceBook Hoax

What if it's 25%? 30%?

And yes, I deliberately steered clear of the "toilet seat needs to be down so I don't haveta look where I put my bare butt at 2:25am" female psychology angle...but thanks, Deer-drah. :p
the whole toilet seat thing is very simple.
EVERYBODY put the lid down when you finish. then Everybody has to pick at least one thing up and put it down again, so it's fair for everyone, (and contains the worst of some smells, too!!

...but I find it very hard to accept the notion that this kind of stuff is always bad...

I view things in the aggregate. I'm sure there a reasonable chance that this droll satire might be useful perspective for a few people, but the net result is bad because of the negative effects I described before. And you could probably have reached those few people without sowing large amounts of confusion and bunk-reinforcement elsewhere.

I view things in the aggregate. I'm sure there a reasonable chance that this droll satire might be useful perspective for a few people, but the net result is bad because of the negative effects I described before. And you could probably have reached those few people without sowing large amounts of confusion and bunk-reinforcement elsewhere.
Grinch!

Maybe I'm a bit "obsessive"....but as "Efftup" said....PLEASE ALWAYS put the lid down!! (Not just the 'seat'...the whole contraption)!!!

ALL of it! Just looks nicer, neater...and of course....hides smells, and other "fiddly bits" that may exist....(SORRY!! Had to say it, itched in my brain to be released!!!).... ;)

AND, btw??? Your home toilet is less likely to "swallow" your cell-phone (or "mobile") ...or anything else....if the lid is closed!

ALSO?
I don't know for certain if there is a child-safety issue....toddlers. (Possibly) drowning.

Dogs of course, we know that already (and, they can lick our faces....because we "let" them...OK....enuff "OT" at this point.....signing off...).

(Think of it as a humourous "Holiday Gift" <?>)

Last edited:
hint: its probably not a good idea to bring up the "fair for everybody" arguemnt with your spouse/girlfriend or youll find yourself holding a scrub brush 3x a week.
Leaving aside the fact that my girlfriend currently lives on a different continent, I also have Ulcerative Colitis, I am used to using a scrubbing brush, at least in that room of the house.

and talking of Aggregate, I ALMOST feel slightly sorry for those people who think they have found a dogging site when they see the words FREE HARDCORE on a sign by the side of the road, and are disappointed to find completely the WRONG kind of slag on offer.

Please take care of your health!!! (I mean....we strayed "off-topic" a bit here, but concern for all MB members must over-ride, sometimes).

Again, stay healthy sir!!

and talking of Aggregate, I ALMOST feel slightly sorry for those people who think they have found a dogging site when they see the words FREE HARDCORE on a sign by the side of the road, and are disappointed to find completely the WRONG kind of slag on offer.

Oh now....you're 'taking the piss'??

(I need to stop now.....).....

I'm guessing a lot of CT people think that ICA site is intentionally confusing, but actually exposes the truth to the public in a way which could be easily denied.

I'm guessing a lot of CT people think that ICA site is intentionally confusing, but actually exposes the truth to the public in a way which could be easily denied.

Probably true, but i've seen them state way worse things about metabunk and contrailscience too, never mind how clean and uncontroversial we try to present our case. Anything that contradicts their data can't be anything other than the work of paid government agents/disinfo agencies/the devil.

Maybe it's my stubborn nature, but I have a real aversion to having to give in to people's whims just because they take their beliefs so seriously. I say there's nothing wrong with lampooning such ideas, exactly BECAUSE they take themselves so seriously. Some of these ideas out there are practically begging to be parodied, so I'm not surprised that that's what's actually happening.

It's no different than young earth creationists who believe with all their heart that the earth was created some 6000 years ago by God, who also made sure that everything was made to actually look older than 6000 years. Dino's and humans lived together in that scenario. People have been trying to present serious scientific data that contradicts these beliefs, but apparently to no avail. There are still young earth creationists out there, and my impression is that it's actually a growing movement.

Chemtrailism is no different than religion in that respect. In fact it seems to be part of a bigger paradigm, a package deal in which the government is responsible for everything that's bad in the world. It consists of (or takes orders from-) a nefarious cabal that wants to reduce world population to about 500 million people (as stated on the Georgia Guide Stones), and to reach that goal it will use any means it can think of, including having people fight eachother in wars, introducing diseases, terrorism, HAARP, etc.

And Chemtrails fit so well in that paradigm, that to people who bought the package deal, chemtrails are a given. Trying to debunk chemtrails is extremely hard when there's this whole construct of ideas that are all intertwined into a paradigm that's self-perpetuating and self-affirming.

I'm not sure how to debate such a mindset in a clear and concise way. It's a bit like playing whack-a-mole at times. You hit one idea, and 12 more pop up.

Anyway, before I forget:

Last edited:
Maybe it's my stubborn nature, but I have a real aversion to having to give in to people's whims just because they take their beliefs so seriously. I say there's nothing wrong with lampooning such ideas, exactly BECAUSE they take themselves so seriously. Some of these ideas out there are practically begging to be parodied, so I'm not surprised that that's what's actually happening.
i agree. hence all the tinfoil hat pics floating around. (and my signature).

but to think mocking or lampooning is going to change people's minds is kinda a cop out. No matter how you slice it, making fun of people isnt heroic or productive. It's just making fun of people.

i agree. hence all the tinfoil hat pics floating around. (and my signature).

but to think mocking or lampooning is going to change people's minds is kinda a cop out. No matter how you slice it, making fun of people isnt heroic or productive. It's just making fun of people.

Well I agree with that. I wouldn't advocate making fun of people. But I think what's happening is that the fun is being made of ideas which seem implausible/ridiculous. The fact that people take these ideas on as their identity isn't anything I can do a whole lot about.

And I do think that satire can help putting things in a perspective that makes people rethink their notions. But of course nothing is guaranteed.

Anyway I guess my main point is that this kind of satire kindof comes with the territory, whether we like it or not. It's part of the way we deal with such matters, apparently, and as far as I can see also part of the way we learn.

Content from External Source
That's the problem with satire, you are asking the reader to distinguish between the real and the joke. So a chemtrail believer will take much more of it as "real information", and will totally misunderstand the intent of the writer.

There's no illumination here. The satire is not helping.

At least some of them realize it's satire.

And if they want to find out what the real information is, maybe it'll get some of them thinking too.

In my opinion there's nothing wrong with asking the reader to distinguish fiction from fact. Get those gears of the mind grinding!

Maybe they should preface the page with a disclaimer though.. but somehow I have a feeling that isn't going to help much.

In my opinion there's nothing wrong with asking the reader to distinguish fiction from fact. Get those gears of the mind grinding!

That would be great if they got it right. But if they attempt to distinguish, and then get it very wrong, then that's just reinforcing their false beliefs.

It's a way of letting off steam for those frustrated by being accused of mass-murder and treason. It's not meant to be helpful, just a private joke made public really.

It's a way of letting off steam for those frustrated by being accused of mass-murder and treason. It's not meant to be helpful, just a private joke made public really.
it's a rather long (time wise) 'joke'. which is odd in itself.

The joke isn't designed for the fool at all. It certainly isn't created to be helpful to him in any way.

If a fool can't see a joke when it is played on him there is no help for him, after all he IS the fool!
Being foolish is what fools are good for, that defines them. Even though the joke is of no value to the fool, those who see him being fooled get a reminder of the way they are personally foolish (yes all of us are foolish sometimes) and vicariously grow by the experience. We all laugh at the fool and strive harder to not become one ourselves.

In the FB conversation, Carly and Stephanie both are aware how close they are to being the fools. They know.

All this chemtrail thing is a hoax, why waste time on it "debunking" it if it all is a joke

Because to some people it's very real. They live in fear. They become social outcasts. They harass scientists. They waste time.

Debunking, if done well, should make a world a better place. Just a little, a tiny bit, but still worth doing.

I've heard they "ICA" have offices in Walmart restrooms. All this chemtrail thing is a hoax, why waste time on it "debunking" it if it all is a joke. Just take a deep breath and go on with life.
...and in some people's minds, assertions that sit unrefuted gain credibility
(on the mistaken theory that they are [sigh]..."irrefutable.")
Makes the world a dumber place...

...and in some people's minds, assertions that sit unrefuted gain credibility
(on the mistaken theory that they are [sigh]..."irrefutable.")
Makes the world a dumber place...

And refuting them also makes them more believable, to some people. In some ways, BUNK always wins. Sigh....

And refuting them also makes them more believable, to some people. In some ways, BUNK always wins. Sigh....
I get that...but since "you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't"
you can at least get better info out into the conversation by taking the "do" path...

damned-if-you-do.png

I've heard they "ICA" have offices in Walmart restrooms. All this chemtrail thing is a hoax, why waste time on it "debunking" it if it all is a joke. Just take a deep breath and go on with life.

A 2013 poll recorded a relatively small percentage of people who believe in chemtrails. Still, we are talking about the possibility of millions when you come down to it.

Q17 Do you believe that the exhaust seen in the sky behind airplanes is actually chemicals sprayed by the government for sinister reasons, or not?

Do................................................................... 5%

Do not ............................................................. 87%

Notsure.......................................................... 8%

https://www.metabunk.org/conspiracy...ce-splits-on-chemtrails-etc.t1345/#post-34560

To me that is a real concern when there are far too many real environmental problems (and too many others to list) to worry about.

I see that the ICA has "come clean": https://www.facebook.com/InternationalChemtrail/posts/835259033310253

Today, all those who posted to this page with outrage at the ICA’s ‘SRM technologies’ must accept the fact they have been duped. There is no ‘ICA’. There never has been and there never will be. But you accepted at face-value what you were told on the internet. Yes, YOU.

You shouted at the rational voices "Do your research!”. You attempted to post outdated and long-debunked videos of contrails and clouds. You posted claims of patents and ‘operations’, calling others ‘shills’ and ‘disinfo agents’. You accepted the delusion that was posted here; that planes are covertly and deliberately spraying noxious substances from planes.

You accepted on face-value the most ludicrous and obviously manufactured pictures, which in most cases could be easily shown to be false.

The creator of this page, (yes, it’s primarily the work of one person) and others, have laughed long and hard at your lack of critical thinking and gullibility. Others have joined in the satire, particularly those in the aviation industry, and for that, I thank them very much. For those who are sitting on the fence about ‘chemtrails’, you now see how easy it is to fool a ‘chemtrail’ believer.

I trust that you who have been duped will learn from this experience. In future, be as critical of the ‘alternative media’ as you are of the mainstream media. Fact-check from reliable sources, places of learning, schools, colleges and universities.

For all the ‘chemtrail’ believers who got it so very, very wrong, I leave you with this quote. If you want to know who wrote it, do your research.

"The joke isn't designed for the fool at all. It certainly isn't created to be helpful to him in any way. If a fool can't see a joke when it is played on him there is no help for him, after all he IS the fool! Being foolish is what fools are good for, that defines them. Even though the joke is of no value to the fool, those who see him being fooled get a reminder of the way they are personally foolish (yes all of us are foolish sometimes) and vicariously grow by the experience. We all laugh at the fool and strive harder to not become one ourselves.”

From the ICA, thank you for your support, over and out. - PD

On behalf of the ICA's Board of Governors, the ICA wishes to apologise for the recent hacking of its Facebook page. The ICA's Advanced Technology Division will now manage the page. The ICA also thanks those concerned citizens who have offered their support. For this we thank you. Dimmer skies are safer skies.
That's really laying it on thick.

Back