How Antarctica debunks the flat earth

can you not see the footage has been edited? Look at the shadows of flags on the snow.. they cut the footage why..

let me see a real timelapse of 24hr sun..
No, I can not. But I can see gaps of four to six hours when no image was taken and/or included in that particular time-lapse. But the good thing about webcams is that you can follow them all day around to see for yourself that the sun does not set down in Antarctica at this time of the year. And if you need a 24-hour time-lapse, you can make one yourself by saving the images to your computer each time they are updated. This is easy.

I'm sure any true Scotsman would agree with you.

I'm not sure why you expect hundreds, but a quick search brought up quite a few nice examples. Here's a couple, have fun finding reasons to discount them ;)

Ray Von

Ok.. I took the time.. and have taken a look at this video.. it is a total fake joke.. First of.. guy shows his watch before timelapse.. no snow on the mountain.. timelapse starts there is snow on the mountain, second, sun at 2:12 is covered by something I think should not cover the entire sun size.. 2:15.. sun is suppose to shine through a street lamp.. yet it looks like nothing is coming through the glass.. lamp should be very illuminated by the sun.. and sugar in the end...

clouds at the end of timelapse are identical to clouds at the begining of timelapse...

Hopefully this makes you think.. why would someone go through this much trouble just to fool us? Are they hiding more land beyond antarctic?

The thing is, we have north pole 24 hour sun footage.. but we don't have south pole footage of that... and that would put this discussion to bed for good.. because that can only work on a ball earth.. you cannot have 24 hour sun on arctic and antarctic on a flat earth because antarctic on a flat earth is a giant wall of ice that surrounds the rest of earth..

After someone posts not one, but several videos of a 24h antartic sun ...

... and since the second one is obviously fake makes me doubt the first one also.. Would love to have a way to confirm the first one was (if valid) taken at antarctic and not arctic.. but after seeing the second one I doubt it is genuine...
...My opinion is this video is absolutley fake...

and so on ...

Classic.
1 - Claims some evidence would put the matter to rest
2 - Is presented with such evidence
3 - Claims the evidence is fake

I believe if someone took the time to pay for a trip for you to be there, watching the 24h sun, you would claim you are in the wrong place, or drugged/hypnotized or whatever, right?

So, instead of talking about "opinion" of the video being fake, what about presenting evidence?

Also, what about the rest of the videos Mick posted? What about the real time webcam? What about the rest of the information in this thread? Are you going to keep talking about the sun that YOU THINK looks fake or the filmmaker that looks suspicious because he is a ... filmmaker?

http://www.antarcticaflights.com.au/

darn, flat earth remains fantasy... How does GPS work in the flat earth fantasy, I need to see the equations, etc. GPS debunks flat earth.

Well.. I did't say you can't fly to antarctica and look arround the edge of it.. What I was refering to.. no planes fly all the way over it.. as far as Gps.. its triangulation.. all you need is faint low frequency high penetrating signal from 3 towers and boom.. you got yourself your location.. thats why when I look at ship tracking websites I see no ships crossing oceans.. only ships close to land are visible..

Hopefully this makes you think.. why would someone go through this much trouble just to fool us? Are they hiding more land beyond antarctic?
He doesn't care about what me or you think. He was not doing a film to prove Globe or Flat earth, he was doing a film about Antarctic, that happens to be in a Globe earth.

Again you are being biased ...

After someone posts not one, but several videos of a 24h antartic sun ...

and so on ...

Classic.
1 - Claims some evidence would put the matter to rest
2 - Is presented with such evidence
3 - Claims the evidence is fake

I believe if someone took the time to pay for a trip for you to be there, watching the 24h sun, you would claim you are in the wrong place, or drugged/hypnotized or whatever, right?

So, instead of talking about "opinion" of the video being fake, what about presenting evidence?

Also, what about the rest of the videos Mick posted? What about the real time webcam? What about the rest of the information in this thread? Are you going to keep talking about the sun that YOU THINK looks fake or the filmmaker that looks suspicious because he is a ... filmmaker?

gee.. sorry man.. I guess I'm hard to please.. that second video sun looks fake.. theres text behind mountains.. and the first video shows same clouds at begining and end of timelapse.. what do you want me to say?

clouds at the end of timelapse are identical to clouds at the begining of timelapse...

You are certainly correct about this point, I'll give you that. These are side by side, 1 minute apart in the video.

upload_2016-11-22_21-3-43.png

I'm trying to work out where the edit point actually is.

He doesn't care about what me or you think. He was not doing a film to prove Globe or Flat earth, he was doing a film about Antarctic, that happens to be in a Globe earth.

Again you are being biased ...

I am a bit biased yes.. but all I want is truth.. don't you care that video is fake and it's presented as real deal? Is that ok with you that someone deceives you? For me it's not cool.. (no antarctica pun intended)

First of.. guy shows his watch before timelapse.. no snow on the mountain.. timelapse starts there is snow on the mountain
Which means that they might've been taken at different times, on different days, in different months, maybe across different years. The guy showing his watch might've been filmed after the time lapse was taken, and you'd never know.

second, sun at 2:12 is covered by something I think should not cover the entire sun size.. 2:15.. sun is suppose to shine through a street lamp.. yet it looks like nothing is coming through the glass.. lamp should be very illuminated by the sun..
The "entire sun size" isn't as big as it looks in the video. Most of what you're seeing is the flare of light from the sun. The sun may be a colossal star, but it's far enough away that it's visually fairly small in the sky. The wide angle probably exaggerates this illusion.

Meaning they looped the video.

why would someone go through this much trouble just to fool us?
Exactly.

I am a bit biased yes.. but all I want is truth.. don't you care that video is fake and it's presented as real deal? Is that ok with you that someone deceives you? For me it's not cool.. (no antarctica pun intended)
Lots of TV shows are "faked". You have to get the shot that looks good and it's not always possible. If this was being presented as proof of a globe Earth, then yes, I agree it would be deceptive. But it does show what really happens, just not in a continuous shot. Most TV shows and movies aren't filmed in a continuous shot, either, you shoot one angle, then you move the cameras and you shoot it again. Then you edit together the best bits. All the stuff happened, just not necessarily in the order it is presented.

Which means that they might've been taken at different times, on different days, in different months, maybe across different years. The guy showing his watch might've been filmed after the time lapse was taken, and you'd never know.

The "entire sun size" isn't as big as it looks in the video. Most of what you're seeing is the flare of light from the sun. The sun may be a colossal star, but it's far enough away that it's visually fairly small in the sky. The wide angle probably exaggerates this illusion.

Meaning they looped the video.

Exactly.

But we have a problem with that loop.. because it clearly starts before the sun goes behind the mountain.. so.. did that 360 circle timemachine back into that same day 24hr ago?

Lots of TV shows are "faked". You have to get the shot that looks good and it's not always possible. If this was being presented as proof of a globe Earth, then yes, I agree it would be deceptive. But it does show what really happens, just not in a continuous shot. Most TV shows and movies aren't filmed in a continuous shot, either, you shoot one angle, then you move the cameras and you shoot it again. Then you edit together the best bits. All the stuff happened, just not necessarily in the order it is presented.

Well.. I'm not entertained.. How do you know that is what happens? Have you seen it?

I think it cant be done.. because if you follow the sun on a flat earh map it goes away from a specific location on antarctica..

Thats why I think north pole is warmer than antarctica also..

You are certainly correct about this point, I'll give you that. These are side by side, 1 minute apart in the video.

upload_2016-11-22_21-3-43.png

I'm trying to work out where the edit point actually is.

The end point of 24 hour time-lapse is at 1:19 when the Sun disappears behind the mountain. The last four seconds is the repeat of the first four seconds at the beginning of the time-lapse at 0:20. The twenty second before that is an introduction filmed in real time and at a different time than the time-lapse. The introduction and a short repeat at the end are probably added for a better presentation. Perhaps, the author initially has looped the time-lapse and then cut it again with an extra bit at the end.

I think it cant be done.. because if you follow the sun on a flat earh map it goes away from a specific location on antarctica..

Thats why I think north pole is warmer than antarctica also..

There are too many flaws with that model to list.

To choose just one, anywhere inside the red circle could never see a new moon, because the red line defines the terminator. So the fully shadowed side of the moon would always be outside the red circle and invisible to anyone inside it.

The end point of 24 hour time-lapse is at 1:19 when the Sun disappears behind the mountain.
I don't agree. The progression of the clouds seems to be smooth and consistent right through this section of the video, with no jump cut. I think it must be done at a time where there are no clouds around.

But we have a problem with that loop.. because it clearly starts before the sun goes behind the mountain.. so.. did that 360 circle timemachine back into that same day 24hr ago?

seamless.png

1. 24 hours of footage is taken. The footage at 0:00 (represented as green) the frame will ideally match the footage at 24:00; if you have plenty of footage and consistent conditions, this should be no problem.

2. That footage is split into two segments at any given point.

3. The second half of the footage is moved before the first half of the footage. The seam between them, depending on how well you matched them, will be almost undetectable.

4. Take a bit from both the beginning and end of the overall footage. and add them onto either end (clip from end goes to beginning and vice versa).

5. You now have a more-or-less seamless "loop" of video, with the beginning and end blending into each other.

(Note that the colors here represent time, so the seam in the middle is very visible. But if those two times have identical-looking footage, there will be no visible change between them.)

I don't agree. The progression of the clouds seems to be smooth and consistent right through this section of the video, with no jump cut. I think it must be done at a time where there are no clouds around.
Watch again (preferably at 0.25 speed) and look at the other details, like the Sun position, smoke from chimneys etc.

Edit:
I agree with the @Bfahome post above, the end of the raw 24h time lapse was joined with the beginning in a loop that then was split in a different place, creating the new beginning and end blending into each other.

Last edited:
If you follow the sun on a flat earth map it goes away from a specific location on Antarctica.
1. There is no flat earth map.
2. That's not how the sun behaves, even on the hypothetical flat earth. See my post above for links to the actual shape of the sunlight cast by the 'flat earth sun'.
I am a bit biased yes...but all I want is truth.
3. Agree with the first point - though I'd like to hear your definition of "a bit" - but as for the second point...that, I find hard to believe. ;)
I didn't say you can't fly to Antarctica, but no planes fly all the way over it.
4. Not very often, true.
TAG Global claims record for polar circumnavigation
by Charles Alcock
December 31, 2008, 6:20 AM

TAG Group vice president Aziz Ojjeh and a team of four other pilots broke a
31-year-old speed record for a pole-to-pole circumnavigation of the globe in late November. The TransPolar08 crew circled the globe over the North and South Poles in a Bombardier Global Express, chopping 95 minutes off the record previously held by a Pan Am Boeing 747SP that made the trip in October 1977
Content from External Source
http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...g-global-claims-record-polar-circumnavigation

5. Here, by the way, is what the routes of the two flights named above would look like on a flat earth:

TAG Transpolar08 (2008):
tag08.png

PanAm Flight 50 (1978):
PanAm1978.png

6. Not quite so tricky on the round, actual earth. ;)

panam78re.jpg
Source: https://www.facebook.com/Flight50/photos/p.1739892656261212/1739892656261212/?type=3&theater

(Taken from a facebook page talking about an apparently upcoming book about the 1978 PanAm flight.)

Last edited:
Ok.. I took the time.. and have taken a look at this video.. it is a total fake joke.. First of.. guy shows his watch before timelapse.. no snow on the mountain.. timelapse starts there is snow on the mountain
Those are different video segments shot at different times.

, second, sun at 2:12 is covered by something I think should not cover the entire sun size..
Not sure what video you are looking at, but I assume you mean something like:
20161122-133403-r81hv.jpg
That's just how big the actual sun is on a wide angle shot. Most of what you see on other frames of the video is flare.

2:15.. sun is suppose to shine through a street lamp.. yet it looks like nothing is coming through the glass.. lamp should be very illuminated by the sun..
20161122-133615-y15c9.jpg
It's mostly obscured by the lamp holder.

and sugar in the end...

That's correct, this is the same at the start and the end of the loop.
20161122-132045-smhzt.jpg

What this means is he created a seamless 360° loop, probably by blending two or more consecutive days. The "start" is actually the middle of one of those segments.

So it's not a raw 24 hour segment. But it still shows the sun coming from all directions, so it's essentially the same things.

Edit: Actually looking at it again, I think it's more likely one segment, like 26 hours, and he's just blended the loop join with the extra material, probably at around 1:15.

Last edited:
well the problem I have with this video is people going backwards.. in my opinion it was reversed so it looks like antarctic due to sun circling oposite than arctic sun when reversed..
How can you see "people going backwards"? The interval between frames is approximately four minutes.

well that sun always stays the same.. so it looks fake to me.. sorry.. this is how I always find the sun behave when I take timelapse of it.. like in this wide angle.. it changes.. flickers.. etc..

So because you have pollution, a retail camera and ordinary skills therefore everyone else must be fake if they are different from you.......got it....:rolleyes:

I just want the truth.. flat or round.. so far.. seems flat to me.. but hey.. I guess time will tell..

Time has told and apparently you can't handle the truth.......time to stop this merry-go-round - it's just repetitive argument by assertion.

And done very cleverly, because I cannot find the join anywhere!
I think it is at about 1:15. Before that moment the clouds were retreating toward the Sun location, but after that they immediately turned back and charged toward the camera.
PS I see that @Mick West suggested the same time in an edit of his earlier post.

Coriolis is magic on a flat earth. How does INS work on the flat earth, equations are required. But the answer is always a Gish Gallop of fantasy.

How many hours does it take to fly around the fantasy flat earth antarctica, distance and time please.

Time has told and apparently you can't handle the truth.......time to stop this merry-go-round - it's just repetitive argument by assertion.

I like your first signature.. people do strange things for religion.. you might want to question yourself do you have some things you beleive in that are too dear to you to be a truly objective researcher..

Also funny phrasing you used.. "time to stop this merry-go-round".. there is this song by "John Lennon - Watching The Wheels" and one by "Paul McCartney - fool on the hill".. listen to the lyrics carefully.. they indeed stoped the merry go round

There are too many flaws with that model to list.

To choose just one, anywhere inside the red circle could never see a new moon, because the red line defines the terminator. So the fully shadowed side of the moon would always be outside the red circle and invisible to anyone inside it.

well that is if you assume sun is 93mil miles away, and terminator illussion is really what happens with sun and the moon.. what it moon had it's own light? thats why it would be good to test the moonlight.. does it cool or warm?

I like your first signature.. people do strange things for religion.. you might want to question yourself do you have some things you beleive in that are too dear to you to be a truly objective researcher..
Would I be right in assuming that you would claim ANY video to be fake if otherwise it proves the Earth is round?
Well.. you are correct.. I am very skeptical.. especially for mainstream materials.. if some guy named Joe Shmoe did the timelapse.. hes a real person.. and uploaded it on youtube I would assume he has no special interest.. or is not financed by someone who does.. then I would have no reason not to beleive it..

Can you really not see the irony here? Especially after you've been shown so many different converging lines of evidence? You realize that the videos that have seen the most discussion are a general Antarctic documentary made by an independent filmmaker who actually spent a year there?

And yet you automatically assume he is beholden to those who perpetrate the globe earth myth, simply because what he (and every other price of evidence you've been shown) shows is contrary to your belief? No one here is invested in the globe earth the way you are in flat earth.

I know the earth is round. Many, many lines of evidence all point in that direction, with no need to prevaricate. But that knowledge is not belief. I don't need to believe in my dining room table, because I can touch it, eat off it, stub my toe on it in the night. It just is. The spherical earth is the same. It's how the world works, and the world wouldn't work otherwise. I still stub my toe on the dining room table even if I refuse to believe in it.

I'm going to go on (another) digression here. Flat earth believers (and other CTers) all believe they are met with organized opposition. Why else would so many disagree so vehemently?

I'm here to learn. I'm here to teach what I've learned. I'm pedantic enough to feel a need to teach, but not arrogant enough to think I can't be taught. I want to see a world where what the evidence says is valued over "The Truth", and am doing my own small part to make that happen. I would guess many of the regulars here have similar experiences.

Can you really not see the irony here? Especially after you've been shown so many different converging lines of evidence? You realize that the videos that have seen the most discussion are a general Antarctic documentary made by an independent filmmaker who actually spent a year there?

And yet you automatically assume he is beholden to those who perpetrate the globe earth myth, simply because what he (and every other price of evidence you've been shown) shows is contrary to your belief? No one here is invested in the globe earth the way you are in flat earth.

I know the earth is round. Many, many lines of evidence all point in that direction, with no need to prevaricate. But that knowledge is not belief. I don't need to believe in my dining room table, because I can touch it, eat off it, stub my toe on it in the night. It just is. The spherical earth is the same. It's how the world works, and the world wouldn't work otherwise. I still stub my toe on the dining room table even if I refuse to believe in it.

Really? Round earth is like your dining table? Tell me, what can you yourself do without using things you have been told to verify the earth is round?

I'm going to go on (another) digression here. Flat earth believers (and other CTers) all believe they are met with organized opposition. Why else would so many disagree so vehemently?

I'm here to learn. I'm here to teach what I've learned. I'm pedantic enough to feel a need to teach, but not arrogant enough to think I can't be taught. I want to see a world where what the evidence says is valued over "The Truth", and am doing my own small part to make that happen. I would guess many of the regulars here have similar experiences.

So if evidence pointed towards earth beeing flat you would not have a single problem with that? Or would you try to debunk it at all cost and defend the round earth model?

Really? Round earth is like your dining table? Tell me, what can you yourself do without using things you have been told to verify the earth is round?

I can, and have, verified drop heights of buildings over the horizon. I can see the starfield rotating around Polaris. I can see eclipses of the sun and moon. I can see meteors coming from a specific point. I can see seasons. I can see the effects of the Coriolis force. So many different things that point to globe earth. But we're off topic.

Back