Debunked: DHS orders 450 million .40 caliber bullets for use in America

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it isn't the only thing . . . there is now Social Security, Federal Pensions, soon to be mandated health care, Homeland Security, and on and on . . . it still doesn't make people want interference from the Federal Powers or the potential of more Military personnel in their lives . . .

G, reading this assault you're under, you'd think you were speaking of something truly radical. It's apparent, even to a UK based shlub like me, there's plenty of tuned in, savvy, real Americans who recognise just what you're articulating here. And it needs to be said. x

Lee are you deliberately avoiding any meaningful discussion, or have you lost your marbles?

The US did NOT economically cripple the South. The North had joined the industrial revolution before the Civil War, while the south was depending on agriculture and slaves. The south crippled itself with refusing to educate and employ ALL of its folks. Any country that does that, will cripple their ability to change and to improve.

Much of the south is still doing it, look at how they cheapskate education. Texas doesn't want critical thinking taught in the public schools. To many folks in the south are still seeing thinking that all someone needs is the basics in 'reading, 'riting, and 'rithmatic' all learned with plenty of application of the hickory stick.

The other things that slowed down development in the south was the heat and illness from mosquito borne diseases. The air conditioner did a LOT to help the south.

You seem to think that something is a Fact, because some folks believe it. Not so.

The US did NOT economically cripple the South. The North had joined the industrial revolution before the Civil War, while the south was depending on agriculture and slaves. The south crippled itself with refusing to educate and employ ALL of its folks. Any country that does that, will cripple their ability to change and to improve.

Much of the south is still doing it, look at how they cheapskate education. Texas doesn't want critical thinking taught in the public schools. To many folks in the south are still seeing thinking that all someone needs is the basics in 'reading, 'riting, and 'rithmatic' all learned with plenty of application of the hickory stick.

The other things that slowed down development in the south was the heat and illness from mosquito borne diseases. The air conditioner did a LOT to help the south.

You seem to think that something is a Fact, because some folks believe it. Not so.
The Union soon controlled the border states and established a naval blockade that crippled the southern economy.

I don't think lee wants a meaningful discussion, since he tends to lose them. Name calling is more of his trick. I am guessing that he is wanting another ban, so he can go to some favorite site of his and whine about how nasty we are to him.

The time in question is during the reformation, not during the Civil War.
You mean reconstruction ? She didnt specify that in her post actually didnt know who or what she was commenting to ? Sounds like shes bashing the southern states even though lives in one , From what I see looks like all the democratic controlled states are the ones that are failing or flat broke guess all their critical thinking hasnt helped them much ?

The fact many people believe something is true is the ISSUE . . . we have been talking about what people BELIEVE about their Government . . . NOT what may be ultimately TRUE. . .

I don't think lee wants a meaningful discussion, since he tends to lose them. Name calling is more of his trick. I am guessing that he is wanting another ban, so he can go to some favorite site of his and whine about how nasty we are to him.

add is right. You can't separate that most of what you say is your opinion from the belief you have that it's a fact. You never respond directly to your blatant errors and just pop up somewhere else with more shouting of your opinion. If anyone should be banned, and there was a vote, I'd probably vote for you to go.

ps 'we'?

The blockade was during the Civil War, not after it. You SAID after, to me that is AFTER the stupidity of reconstruction. Something that most likely would NOT have happened, if a radical southern had not assassinated Pres Lincoln.

I live here, I see the problems that backward thinking has caused. I see folks that refuse to accept living in the 21st century and some still longing for the 'good ole days' of plantation life.

I talk to a lot of folks from all over the US and while some are unsure about the government and some feel that it is 'too large', at the same time, most of them are NOT wanting to overthrow it, and they are not pushing the HATE I see from some. Last night, I was chatting with a friend that is in the Tea Party and she was saying that she didn't see any problem with a national registry of gun owners.

I see some of the media, one group primarily that pushes the 'government is your enemy' agenda. I will tell you this, I have seen a lot more corruption at the LOCAL level of government than there is at higher levels.

You mean reconstruction ? She didnt specify that in her post actually didnt know who or what she was commenting to ? Sounds like shes bashing the southern states even though lives in one , From what I see looks like all the democratic controlled states are the ones that are failing or flat broke guess all their critical thinking hasnt helped them much ?

Try again. More Democratic states are in the green than Republican states. Last year, 19 states payed more in taxes than they were given. 11 of those states were reliably blue, and 4 (Georgia, Texas, Arkansas, and Nebraska) were reliably red.

As for education, critical thinking does pay off. College graduation rates - green are states above the national average.

Untitled.png

Attachments

• 20110806_WOM959_0.gif
    20110806_WOM959_0.gif
    89.3 KB · Views: 595
The blockade was during the Civil War, not after it. You SAID after, to me that is AFTER the stupidity of reconstruction. Something that most likely would NOT have happened, if a radical southern had not assassinated Pres Lincoln.

I live here, I see the problems that backward thinking has caused. I see folks that refuse to accept living in the 21st century and some still longing for the 'good ole days' of plantation life.

I talk to a lot of folks from all over the US and while some are unsure about the government and some feel that it is 'too large', at the same time, most of them are NOT wanting to overthrow it, and they are not pushing the HATE I see from some. Last night, I was chatting with a friend that is in the Tea Party and she was saying that she didn't see any problem with a national registry of gun owners.

I see some of the media, one group primarily that pushes the 'government is your enemy' agenda. I will tell you this, I have seen a lot more corruption at the LOCAL level of government than there is at higher levels.

You can't separate that most of what you say is your opinion from the belief you have that it's a fact.

A severe case of apocryphalitis. QED

Iv been to many of tea party functions and groups and not ONE that I know said that a national regisrtry would help anything ? The guns I own basically are registerd thru the feds . If someone steals one do you think theyll register it ? For someonme that belives in Critical Thinking it sure seems like you dont practice it ? Backward thinking ? yes I see foward thinking of detroit-house.jpg has worked fine ?

Have you knowledge of behind the scenes at the national level??

Cool it lee, I am tired of your insults and you lack of ability to carry on a conversation. I did address you and simply ignored it, like you do a lot, with me and with others.

I can say that I think you a Sasquatch, I might could influence others to agree with me, but that wouldn't make you one. Even if I got MOST folks to believe you are, that still wouldn't make you one.

What the heck are you talking about now ? apocryphalitis ???

292463_3137751217719_1817659849_n.jpgdebt-map.jpg
Try again. More Democratic states are in the green than Republican states. Last year, 19 states payed more in taxes than they were given. 11 of those states were reliably blue, and 4 (Georgia, Texas, Arkansas, and Nebraska) were reliably red.

As for education, critical thinking does pay off. College graduation rates - green are states above the national average.

Untitled.png
ROTFLMAO where did you find that ????? http://www.governing.com/gov-data/economy-finance/state-debt-per-capita-figures.html

Darn it, I was almost as rude back to you as you are. I told you what my Friend said, I never said that was the Tea Party stand. You read into my statement, something I didn't say, just so you could try to argue about it. I have never said that a national registry will prevent criminals from having guns and I am sure you know that, since I have stated my opinion of the proposed gun laws multiple times.

Critical thinking does involve being able to read and read what a person says rather that what you want them to have said.

I have not followed this thread;however, I would like to comment. . . I think many of us are concerned that way too many resources are being used to train and plan for local, regional, or national unrest by the Federal Authorities. . . This use to be the responsibilities of the local, county and state agencies. . . So some of us are simply asking why? And before anyone wants to use 911 as a reason I don't think that is enough justification. . . .

I think there is a perception of increased government readiness training. But i'm not sure if this is something new to present day or if it's just being reported on more these days. When i was doing my snooping around at the Wayback Machine in 1999 they were doing a lot of joint training with local police in suburban areas. They even used live rounds and in Texas, one of the helicopters actually crashed into a light post and crashed.

I'm not saying there isn't an abnormal level of government readiness training today, i'm still trying to figure it out.:cool:

Edit: Here is a link to a 1999 story. It sounds just like what we're reading about today - Mock war, real snafu (03-14-1999)

What in this world are you talking about????? No one has even mentioned HATE of the Federal Government!!!! We were talking about a distrust and desire for the Federal Powers to limit their influence in people's lives and limit the use of active duty personnel in internal activities which is interpreted by some as possibly unconstitutional. . . .

Darn it, I was almost as rude back to you as you are. I told you what my Friend said, I never said that was the Tea Party stand. You read into my statement, something I didn't say, just so you could try to argue about it. I have never said that a national registry will prevent criminals from having guns and I am sure you know that, since I have stated my opinion of the proposed gun laws multiple times.

Critical thinking does involve being able to read and read what a person says rather that what you want them to have said.
No I just know BS when I read it .When living in Texas act like a TEXAN .

I think there is a perception of increased government readiness training. But i'm not sure if this is something new to present day or if it's just being reported on more these days. When i was doing my snooping around at the Wayback Machine in 1999 they were doing a lot of joint training with local police in suburban areas. They even used live rounds and in Texas, one of the helicopters actually crashed into a light post and crashed.

I'm not saying there isn't an abnormal level of government readiness training today, i'm still trying to figure it out.:cool:

Edit: Here is a link to a 1999 story. It sounds just like what we're reading about today - Mock war, real snafu (03-14-1999)
I really don't think it is drastically increased over other periods as during WWII and the Cuban Missile Crisis; however, I think we are all fatigued by the never ending fight against terrorism and homeland preparedness not to mention Afghanistan, Iraq, and interference in the Middle East, TSA, on and on. . . .

... I think we are all fatigued by the never ending fight against terrorism and homeland preparedness not to mention Afghanistan, Iraq, and interference in the Middle East, TSA, on and on. . . .

I agree 100%. I'm tired of being a country at war and i don't like being in a war where victory is undefined.

Hold it there, I am a TEXAN. Acting like a Texan doesn't mean parking you brain at the state line.

I had a great great grandfather killed by Indians near Goliad in 1804, I had another one killed, again by Indians in 1835. My Texas roots are deep, I don't have to put on a cowboy hat and some spurs and swagger about acting like a fool. I guess you like the President that claimed his 'estate' was a 'ranch'. Ranches have cattle or horses, maybe even sheep or goats, they have Stock, animals of some sort. Farms raise crops. Estates are large pieces of land rich folks live on.

I really don't think it is drastically increased over other periods as during WWII and the Cuban Missile Crisis; however, I think we are all fatigued by the never ending fight against terrorism and homeland preparedness not to mention Afghanistan, Iraq, and interference in the Middle East, TSA, on and on. . . .

George, nobody likes those things. But those things are not the issue here. Bunk is the issue. On cannot justify bunk simply because one dislikes the way the work is going.

George, nobody likes those things. But those things are not the issue here. Bunk is the issue. On cannot justify bunk simply because one dislikes the way the work is going.
I disagree . . . fatigue is a factor . . . they make people less able to cope with the information they are being confronted with. . . couple that with the immediate and continual availability of the information via social media, alternate news sources, etc. the impression is things are going to the devil quickly . . .

I disagree . . . fatigue is a factor . . . they make people less able to cope with the information they are being confronted with. . . couple that with the immediate and continual availability of the information via social media, alternate news sources, etc. the impression is things are going to the devil quickly . . .

Sure, some people get that impression.

Cui bono?

Have a look at the ads on this site, below. Scroll down all the way to see them all. Who is benefitting from giving the impression that the shit is about to hit the fan?

http://www.shtfplan.com/

Mick, you are so right. The NRA and their 'they are going to take our guns away', has been great for the gun makers, sellers and ammo companies.

Bad news get attention. try these 2 teasers for the 10 o'clock news

Inner city girl makes perfect score on SATs

Inner city girl dumps baby in school toilet.

Which one do think folks will tune in to see? Try another set

One million kids went to school today and nothing bad happened to them

Child approached by possible pedophile on way to school. The man said he was looking for his lost dog.

Let's take the second one of those and do a follow up

Convicted pedophile arrested in attempted abduction

No abduction attempt, the man was looking for his lost dog

No you think the second one would even rate a teaser?

Sure, some people get that impression.

Cui bono?

Have a look at the ads on this site, below. Scroll down all the way to see them all. Who is benefitting from giving the impression that the shit is about to hit the fan?

http://www.shtfplan.com/

This by far my favorite from the above website. . . .

The company’s website offers a line of “No More Hesitation” targets ”designed to give officers the experience of dealing with deadly force shooting scenarios with subjects that are not the norm during training.” The targets are, “meant to help the transition for officers who are faced with these highly unusual targets for the first time.”
The targets include “pregnant woman threat,” “older man with shotgun,” “older man in home with shotgun,” “older woman with gun,” “young school aged girl,” “young mother on playground,” and “little boy with real gun.”​
Content from External Source

Again, that's college graduation rates. Read my post.
Sure and most of those states also have higher IQ levels yet they are in the hole ? In debt deep . My second cousins just finish college in NY they now work at a fast food restaurant . Again whos paying for your Education ?

Sure and most of those states also have higher IQ levels yet they are in the hole ? In debt deep . My second cousins just finish college in NY they now work at a fast food restaurant . Again whos paying for your Education ?

How many times do I have to tell you I'm not disclosing that information? It's irrelevant to the discussion.

I'm discussing states that pay more taxes than they get back. Every state has some debt right now, I'm not disputing that. The question is what states are actually making an effort to pay it off? Who's going to have a surplus next year? California will. New York will. Vermont will. North Dakota and Minnesota will.

Are you sure your cousins in NY were not taking out loans and just haven't payed them back yet? Is unemployment simply too high in their area? Is their major one that historically has poor hiring rates? You don't need to answer those, I'm just pointing out other reasons that they are working there other than government debt.

How many times do I have to tell you I'm not disclosing that information? It's irrelevant to the discussion.

I'm discussing states that pay more taxes than they get back. Every state has some debt right now, I'm not disputing that. The question is what states are actually making an effort to pay it off? Who's going to have a surplus next year? California will. New York will. Vermont will. North Dakota and Minnesota will.

Are you sure your cousins in NY were not taking out loans and just haven't payed them back yet? Is unemployment simply too high in their area? Is their major one that historically has poor hiring rates? You don't need to answer those, I'm just pointing out other reasons that they are working there other than government debt.
Wonder if those states got a larger share of the bailout funds . . . LoL!!! No! NO! It must be because they have the most restrictive gun purchase laws . . .

no their father paid for their college .There will be no surplus in any of those states http://www.usdebtclock.org/state-debt-clocks/state-of-california-debt-clock.html. maybe N dakota Not CA or New York

no their father paid for their college .There will be no surplus in any of those states http://www.usdebtclock.org/state-debt-clocks/state-of-california-debt-clock.html. maybe N dakota Not CA or New York

there is a difference between a debt and a budget surplus.

You can have both at once.

Debtclock seems to be an anonymously owned & run site with no reference to where it gets its figures from - you can mouse-over the numbers and it gives a little definition - but not the source of the actual data. Until you can establish the bona fides of its info I don't think it can be considered reliable.

haha CNN ? with a half a trillion in debt people leaving the state becuase of taxes and millions of illegal Aleins . We will see . California fails first . [h=1]California's budget windfall could end soon, officials say[/h]
[h=2]The governor's budget office advises in a report that the surprise $5-billion bump in revenue in January may be an accounting anomaly.[/h]
http://articles.latimes.com/2013/feb/18/local/la-me-state-budget-20130219Pension-cartoon.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back