Alleged Flight MH370 UFO Teleportation Videos [Hoax]

I think this is reasonably definitive that there's some kind of compositing error going on. I replicated the stabilization with a slightly wider view and the shaking is very apparent.
I made a post on reddit about this this morning and it got downvoted into oblivion.
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/15un8eo/im_finally_convinced_this_is_fake_watch_the/

Here are the most common rebuttals I heard:
-Maybe the plane is bouncing (I told them the contrails would be wavy even if it didn't rip the plane apart)
-The video is stabilized to the plane instead of the contrails (I tried explaining how stabilization works)
-If you look at the original footage, it doesn't look like the contrails are bouncing (I explained that's why the stabilization helps us see the error)
-This is a compression artifact
-The stabilization creates distortion in other parts of the frame (I explained that's not how it works and sent these two untouched back to back frames from the original video:

Source: https://imgur.com/z9X5StG

If someone could stabilize to the contrails instead of the plane, I think it would be more obvious how bad this tracking actually is. People don't seem to understand how contrails SHOULD behave as well as they might understand how a plane should behave.

Have you ever created a CGI video? It would make no sense to use a fake plane and real contrails in any scenario.

It'd be incredibly more difficult to match even the general path of that plane with CGI aniamtion let alone the same contrail shapes, and rotations.

What even woudl be the purposue of comping out the plane? Why not use the real plane?

It would be far more realistic to use a fake plane, and fake contrails, or at best a real plane, and fake contrails.

Have you ever made a CGI video?

You can't get a video that does what you want of the specific plane 777-ER-200 so you need to comp in your model, also you want to add the orbs so they need to match the plane which is easier in 3d.

2 engine jets are very common, you just need model that covers you original plane.

Realistic CGI clouds and contrails and other particle effects are hard to render well now and back in 2014 it was harder, so using a video of it makes it easier for these elements to look real.

Curved path tracing and tracking is pretty easy to do.

Neither is this plane, it's missing the antennas.

it was a plane that had engines in the same spots as a MH370, but, what?

You'd need a plane that was almost identical. Which would make it be an extremely strange way to create CGI.

Contrails would be far easier to create in CGI than the physical animation of an airplane.
Ok then we have a bigger problem. There’s another plane out there that went missing and was never covered in the news or anywhere else. This “other” planes (not MH370) disappearance would open up a whole can of worms on why it was never covered or mention ever other than these videos that have been buried in the internet for 10 years.

What CGI tools did you use?

Lots of them, all of them, maya, Zbrush, houdini, photoshop, premier, after effects, 3D coat, Blender, unreal idk that's a tough question.. I started with Video Toaster in the 1990s. I regularly use programs specifically for a shot, and then not again for many years.

I just found out I was paying a yearly license for unity because I was taking advantage of some effects their AO created like 4 years ago.

It'd be incredibly more difficult to match even the general path of that plane with CGI aniamtion let alone the same contrail shapes, and rotations.
It's not difficult to match the path of the original plane if you track that first; that gives you the path for your own animation.

The beauty of that is that you don't need to do anything with the contrail, so it's really low-effort.

Ok then we have a bigger problem. There’s another plane out there that went missing and was never covered in the news or anywhere else. This “other” planes (not MH370) disappearance would open up a whole can of worms on why it was never covered or mention ever other than these videos that have been buried in the internet for 10 years.

I agree with you, the whole idea is perposterous.

It's not difficult to match the path of the original plane if you track that first; that gives you the path for your own animation.

The beauty of that is that you don't need to do anything with the contrail, so it's really low-effort.

It is incredibly difficult rotoscoping would cause much jitter if they were matching it.

Whereas you could just put emitters on a points on the screen to create the contrails. (like i assume the orb contrails are - which if this theory of its CGI overlay, the orbs & their contrails should also not be shaking, the same way as the plane)

The CGI plane theory due to non jitter, it is proposed that the computer is interpolating the motion of the plane, and the contrails are jittering. So only select keyframes are being used to position and orient the plane.

Ill have to look at the full video, my memory of it is that the plane is not moving in a straight line, but if it is a straight as f line, then that could help. I need to just look into it more detail with my eyes.

My questions (that I had to defend) were designed so I could figure out exactly what ya'll were saying was wrong with the video, and what else might cause artifacts that might look the same, the plane is tiny and zoomed WAY in, which I wonder could cause some some strange effects)

Last edited:
I agree with you, the whole idea is perposterous.
Ok then you have your answer then. It couldn’t happen. The video is fake. I appreciate everyone who has done a completely technical analysis on this video. Lord knows I do not have the capability to do that or the experience to even try. What I can tell you is common sense scenarios based on the reaction that the actual disappearance of MH 370 had. The whole world went nuts when it went off radar. The story broke almost immediately.

So we are suppose to believe that another disappeared around the same time frame at about the same supposed coordinates, and this other plane was completely ignored and it has 2 videos with space orbs circling it until it blinks out of existence? And there’s 2 supposed videos showing it? And mums the word on this? No coverage? Nothing? I feel like “this” plane would be a bigger story to follow and I’m not trying to take away anything from the families of MH370.

It would match if you rotoscoped it.

Im just gonna motion track the plane and orbs this weekend and see if they are as smooth as the plane, they should be.

It would match if you rotoscoped it.
But it doesn't so they didn't rotoscope it on each frame they just put it on a path that looked good enough.

You know the tools as listed, you can stabilise video in some of those, give it a go yourself and see what you make of it.

Exactly! And that's exactly what we're seeing! That's how we know it's fake!

What I am seeing is a smooth plane, and jittery contrails, which we should also see some artifacts of the composition comping out the plane along the edges of those contrails as well if it was this sloppy.

Thanks, Im creating a task list. Asking questions is never wrong.

This is what I find interesting, if you're going to make a fake, why start off with such a rarely known thing about drones?

Every picture of a drone everywhere, every diagram, shows the camera on the hull, the only pic I have seen of them not was supplied ITT

Like, perhaps the artist was like, "I dont care if there are no cameras here, I want it to seem like this was taken from an Mq9 drone at a glance"

Yet went through so much trouble elsewhere to make it convincing? It seems strange, but people are strange!
There's several images of the wing-mounted drone camera from years before this was made, it's not secret. The kind of person who would make this is the kind of person who would be knowledgeable about drones and aircraft.

What I am seeing is a smooth plane, and jittery contrails, which we should also see some artifacts of the composition comping out the plane along the edges of those contrails as well if it was this sloppy.
if you stabilized on the contrails, you'd see a jittery plane, but that's harder to stabilize on

the plane isn't near the edges of its contrail? you don't comp anything out, just paste the new plane+orbs on top

if you stabilized on the contrails, you'd see a jittery plane, but that's harder to stabilize on

the plane isn't near the edges of its contrail? you don't comp anything out, just paste the new plane+orbs on top

you have to comp out the old plane or you'll see it behind the fake plane.

Which is the best raw video of the thermo video to use as a test case?

Is it this one?

Source: https://youtu.be/HiVE5B8ZgGs

There are portions of this video where the jiter does match, the area where we know they do not is during an extreme closeup where there is massive noise, which I could imagine could cause artifacting, but I'll convince myself this is fake if the jitter is consistent throughout the video this weekend.

Last edited:
So this is likely a workflow issue with the jitter getting applied earlier than it should have and resulting in it not syncing up with the plane properly? Or the contrail footage is heavily edited real footage and the jet is composited in and doesn't quite match up to the original's jitter?
I'm hearing some pushback on this, but I haven't seen any videos of a plane whose contrail does anything like this, and the fact that the contrails on the orbs don't have similar behavior makes that seem even less likely.

you have to comp out the old plane or you'll see it behind the fake plane.

Which is the best raw video of the thermo video to use as a test case?

Is it this one?

Source: https://youtu.be/HiVE5B8ZgGs

There's apparently a better quality version somewhere on archive.org but I did it on that version in DaVinci to demonstrate it to myself with no issues.

Annoyingly I tried something similar stabilising on the clouds early on when i started looking at it, then I got distracted by something else.

So this is likely a workflow issue with the jitter getting applied earlier than it should have and resulting in it not syncing up with the plane properly? Or the contrail footage is heavily edited real footage and the jet is composited in and doesn't quite match up to the original's jitter?
I'm hearing some pushback on this, but I haven't seen any videos of a plane whose contrail does anything like this, and the fact that the contrails on the orbs don't have similar behavior makes that seem even less likely.
Any way you shake it the plane is somehow disconnected from its contrail.

they arent contrails. they look like the animation path drawn in the program (although why we can see them i dont know.)

Screenshot 2023-08-18 172232.png
They probably added a trail effect, and because it's from a UFO it didn't have to look realistic like the aircraft contrail, because no-one knows what a real UFO trail looks like.

They probably added a trail effect, and because it's from a UFO it didn't have to look realistic like the aircraft contrail, because no-one knows what a real UFO trail looks like.

At some point those contrails start traveling forward in space rather than being emitted from the orbs, very strange choice.

But could be something the author thought would throw people off and cause the viewer to assume it's strange enough to be proof it's aliens? A, "why would they do that if it wasnt alien tech?!" type response from a viewer maybe?

At some point those contrails start traveling forward in space rather than being emitted from the orbs, very strange choice.

But could be something the author thought would throw people off and cause the viewer to assume it's strange enough to be proof it's aliens? A, "why would they do that if it wasnt alien tech?!" type response from a viewer maybe?
"contrails". :) obviously they arent contrails if they go in front

I want to try and summarize the working theory of how these videos were created, based on this "bad stabilization" observation. There are a lot of great possible explanations for every little detail in this video, but the debunk doesn't really work unless all those individual explanations fit together cohesively. Let's call this the "real contrails" theory.

1. The creator found or recorded of a video of a passing plane, with contrails. Assuming this was a real video, it was recorded by one plane passing another at an exceptionally unsafe distance out over a large body of water. (It probably wasn't made in a video game or some other simulation, because it would have been easy to just swap out the plane at the point of simulation, and because a game or simulation wouldn't have had a pre-existing camera shake that requires careful stabilization). This video was not recorded by someone with a handheld camera, but by someone with access to a PTZ camera mounted on a plane. They would have had to use the zoom already when the footage was first recorded.
2. In 2D, the creator stabilized the original footage, but poorly. And yet, they stabilized it well enough to doctor the footage to remove the original plane.
3. Then in 3D they rendered the Boeing 777, the refractive/spinning orbs, orbs changing from hot to cold after the third one joins, orb helical trails, orb thrust/forward vectors, and engine exhaust. They used matchmoving to track the position and zoom of the original camera, then they render with motion blur and exported this 3D render as a 2D sequence with alpha for compositing in the next step. (Note the original plane would have been much smaller than the 777, or we would see it peeking out, or other artifacts from the swap.)
4. In 2D, the creator added a 2D overlay of a drone cowl and MQ-1C nose with the air intake hotspot detail, rather than using the more common forward-mounted FLIR position. Then they added the previously rendered 3D sequence in 2D, and camera shake with additional motion blur (this is separate from the previous motion blur that blurred high-speed objects) in a way that scales proportionally to the zoom. This is also where they would add defocus.
5. Finally, in 2D they added the 4 5 frames of hand-drawn portal animation, added sensor noise, and converted the grayscale working space to rainbow mapping, and lastly added the HUD cursor overlay. Then they compressed it once, before it was uploaded by others to YouTube where it got recompressed.

For the satellite video:

1. The creator found satellite imagery of clouds that approximately matches the real-world footage they recorded above in very unsafe conditions. (Note: this exact satellite imagery has not been found, we're just speculating.) They made very slight distortions to the clouds at this stage to give them the appearance of evolving.
2. The creator rendered out the same scene in step 3 above, but from the perspective of an orthographic camera in the approximate position of a satellite. Note that for this render it's important to get the lighting right so that it matches the illumination on the clouds, and so the self-shadowing on the plane is accurate. The motion blur may have been tweaked to get a different shutter speed appearance. They also would need to carefully remove whatever they did to add the engine exhaust, and whatever they did to make the orbs spin/refract, replacing that with a matte white material.
3. They composited the satellite render with the above render, plus hand-painted or otherwise 2D contrails that dissipate over time. They must have been hand-painted, because if they could have been simulated in 3D, then they would have been used in the thermal video too.
4. In 2D, they add bloom and a little sensor noise to the finished composition. This is also where they would add the 1 frame of hand-drawn portal animation, including painting that specific frame in Photoshop to handle the cloud illumination.
5. They went through the process of simulating a cursor, including keyframing every single frame that the cursor is moving (a few hundred frames). As far as I can tell, there is only one section where the cursor "tweens", and I wrote about it here. This is also where they baked the telemetry text into the scene.
6. They re-rendered the project with the telemetry text and cursor baked in, but without the airplane, orbs, and contrails. Then they created a new project where they used the cloud brightness to generate a depth map, plus some blur on that depth map so that there are no sharp edge distortions and so that the text at the corner does not distort too much. Then they applied this depth map to the previously rendered 2D video, and they added a shifted version of the plane and orbs on top. They manually keyframe the shift of the plane and orbs to match the baked-in cursor panning.
7. They compressed two videos and distribute them to others where it was uploaded and recompressed, and in one case the two videos were combined into a single video.

Any suggestions? What did I miss? I'd love insight from some of you who are more experienced with VFX.

If someone has a different working theory that coherently explains all of this, I hope you can provide something similar to the above for review. Because when we have both, for example, "the contrails are real but aren't stabilized correctly" and also "the recording camera should show turbulence but it doesn't", these are both good attempts at debunking—but they are not coherent with each other. Same with "the clouds and contrails could be simulated" but also "the footage was stabilized from a real recording, and the plane was swapped out". It's either one or the other.

Last edited:

i wonder if 3 objects in such an intricate path animation takes too long to render back then. ?? so he just filmed the orbs without rendering them and then overlaid them on his movie with one of those programs like camtasia where you can layer footage??

i never did much rendering myself, i once made a morticia adams walk (maybe 30 frames? cant remember) took a while to render, but my comp was kinda crap too.

Source: https://imgur.com/a/Sf8xQ5D

I'm not sure about this. The orbs seem to be rendered at 24, but can we demonstrate that the plane isn't?

That Reddit user replied with a link to a question, which I think is a similar question you have. The question is "Can you show examples of the plane jumping ahead due to dropped frames?"

Source: https://imgur.com/a/F3Rjg6c

I pasted the comment in a link. I don't want to waste your time if I'm relaying unrelated information to you:

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/15upea2/comment/jws8wwr/

I do not participate in the discussions here. Just relaying.

5. Finally, in 2D they added the 4 frames of hand-drawn portal animation, added sensor noise, and converted the grayscale working space to rainbow mapping, and lastly added the HUD cursor overlay. Then they compressed it once, before it was uploaded by others to YouTube where it got recompressed.
This has been bugging me and it may be error on my part. The videos I have downloaded are both 24fps. The UAP video has FIVE frames of flash. THere is a tiny bit in the upper right hand corner on the 5th frame. This video is actually at 24fps. The satellite video appears that the video was shot at 6fps so each frame is the same for 4 frames. Shouldn't we se residual "flash" on the satellite video as well since it shows the entire area of the flash for at least four more frames?

EDIT: Just came to me that if the "flash" was shorter than 7/24ths of a second there would not be flash residual on the 6fps satellite video.

Last edited:
Any suggestions? What did I miss? I'd love insight from some of you who are more experienced with VFX.
That's a lot of hoops to jump through, but the alternatives aren't much better. Either that it's genuine footage where somehow the contrails move independently of the aircraft, or it's all CGI but the artist who went to so much effort somehow failed to attach the camera shake to the contrails properly.

I suppose another alternative could be that it was created using pre-existing rendered CGI footage of a UAV tracking a non-777 aircraft, which at least solves the issues of the near-miss and matching satellite footage.

Meanwhile yet another Reddit poster has pointed out that the helical trails of the orbs are never occluded by the airplane, even though the orbs appear to orbit around it:

The UAP video has FIVE frames of flash.
Great find. I missed that, I updated my post. It's possible for the satellite to only capture one frame from five flash frames, like this:

Sat 1Sat 2Sat 3
Flash 1Flash 2Flash 3Flash 4Flash 5
Therm 1Therm 2Therm 3Therm 4Therm 5Therm 6Therm 7Therm 8Therm 9Therm 10

There could would have to be 8 frames before it would be required that we would see two frames of flash in the sat imagery.

could be that it was created using pre-existing rendered CGI footage of a UAV tracking a non-777 aircraft
This would imply that it was either created for disinformation, or that this footage is somewhere out there. I doubt that any state with access to this tech would leak real info about the capabilities of their thermal imaging devices just to make a UFO hoax video, so this footage should be out there somewhere.

the helical trails of the orbs are never occluded by the airplane
I checked for this previously, and I didn't see it. I don't think this poster is looking closely enough. Around 25 seconds the forward vector of a rising orb can be seen crossing the plane, then it's helical trail leaves a slight darkening on the plane for a few frames. If the helical patterns aren't overlaid correctly, the above workflow would have to be rewritten.

This is only a half serious suggestion but what if this is the result of a game of VFX telephone? Artist A makes a 3d render (maybe for a completely different purpose); VFX artist B comps in some of their own 2d or 3d elements in a different program and passes it back. This gets posted on some obscure private community and other people riff on that. Eventually one video makes it onto the public internet, posted by RegicideAnon (who also posted some other questionable VFX videos, maybe from the same group).

It does seem to be synced up during this part. Theories?
That just tells us that the creator did a better job with their tracking markers in this section of the video.

This would imply that it was either created for disinformation, or that this footage is somewhere out there. I doubt that any state with access to this tech would leak real info about the capabilities of their thermal imaging devices just to make a UFO hoax video, so this footage should be out there somewhere.
I don’t follow your line of thinking here, sorry. To be clear, I was suggesting a putative source video that is already CGI, made by a hobbyist. Perhaps even game footage.

I want to try and summarize the working theory of how these videos were created, based on this "bad stabilization" observation. There are a lot of great possible explanations for every little detail in this video, but the debunk doesn't really work unless all those individual explanations fit together cohesively. Let's call this the "real contrails" theory.

1. The creator found or recorded of a video of a passing plane, with contrails. Assuming this was a real video, it was recorded by one plane passing another at an exceptionally unsafe distance out over a large body of water. (It probably wasn't made in a video game or some other simulation, because it would have been easy to just swap out the plane at the point of simulation, and because a game or simulation wouldn't have had a pre-existing camera shake that requires careful stabilization). This video was not recorded by someone with a handheld camera, but by someone with access to a PTZ camera mounted on a plane. They would have had to use the zoom already when the footage was first recorded.
2. In 2D, the creator stabilized the original footage, but poorly. And yet, they stabilized it well enough to doctor the footage to remove the original plane.
3. Then in 3D they rendered the Boeing 777, the refractive/spinning orbs, orbs changing from hot to cold after the third one joins, orb helical trails, orb thrust/forward vectors, and engine exhaust. They used matchmoving to track the position and zoom of the original camera, then they render with motion blur and exported this 3D render as a 2D sequence with alpha for compositing in the next step. (Note the original plane would have been much smaller than the 777, or we would see it peeking out, or other artifacts from the swap.)
4. In 2D, the creator added a 2D overlay of a drone cowl and MQ-1C nose with the air intake hotspot detail, rather than using the more common forward-mounted FLIR position. Then they added the previously rendered 3D sequence in 2D, and camera shake with additional motion blur (this is separate from the previous motion blur that blurred high-speed objects) in a way that scales proportionally to the zoom. This is also where they would add defocus.
5. Finally, in 2D they added the 4 5 frames of hand-drawn portal animation, added sensor noise, and converted the grayscale working space to rainbow mapping, and lastly added the HUD cursor overlay. Then they compressed it once, before it was uploaded by others to YouTube where it got recompressed.

For the satellite video:

1. The creator found satellite imagery of clouds that approximately matches the real-world footage they recorded above in very unsafe conditions. (Note: this exact satellite imagery has not been found, we're just speculating.) They made very slight distortions to the clouds at this stage to give them the appearance of evolving.
2. The creator rendered out the same scene in step 3 above, but from the perspective of an orthographic camera in the approximate position of a satellite. Note that for this render it's important to get the lighting right so that it matches the illumination on the clouds, and so the self-shadowing on the plane is accurate. The motion blur may have been tweaked to get a different shutter speed appearance. They also would need to carefully remove whatever they did to add the engine exhaust, and whatever they did to make the orbs spin/refract, replacing that with a matte white material.
3. They composited the satellite render with the above render, plus hand-painted or otherwise 2D contrails that dissipate over time. They must have been hand-painted, because if they could have been simulated in 3D, then they would have been used in the thermal video too.
4. In 2D, they add bloom and a little sensor noise to the finished composition. This is also where they would add the 1 frame of hand-drawn portal animation, including painting that specific frame in Photoshop to handle the cloud illumination.
5. They went through the process of simulating a cursor, including keyframing every single frame that the cursor is moving (a few hundred frames). As far as I can tell, there is only one section where the cursor "tweens", and I wrote about it here. This is also where they baked the telemetry text into the scene.
6. They re-rendered the project with the telemetry text and cursor baked in, but without the airplane, orbs, and contrails. Then they created a new project where they used the cloud brightness to generate a depth map, plus some blur on that depth map so that there are no sharp edge distortions and so that the text at the corner does not distort too much. Then they applied this depth map to the previously rendered 2D video, and they added a shifted version of the plane and orbs on top. They manually keyframe the shift of the plane and orbs to match the baked-in cursor panning.
7. They compressed two videos and distribute them to others where it was uploaded and recompressed, and in one case the two videos were combined into a single video.

If someone has a different working theory that coherently explains all of this, I hope you can provide something similar to the above for review. Because when we have both, for example, "the contrails are real but aren't stabilized correctly" and also "the recording camera should show turbulence but it doesn't", these are both good attempts at debunking—but they are not coherent with each other. Same with "the clouds and contrails could be simulated" but also "the footage was stabilized from a real recording, and the plane was swapped out". It's either one or the other.
The insane lengths to go through including huge risk to personal safety for what? A video that went nowhere and barely (note: absolutely minuscule) received promotion or attention?

“Remember when you risked our lives to get footage of me banking at great speed in close proximity to you for your UFO video?”

“Yeah?”

“How’s the video doing?”

“Not great, mate. 150 views.”

I'm not sure about this. The orbs seem to be rendered at 24, but can we demonstrate that the plane isn't?
Go frame-by-frame through the footage and pay special attention to when the plane seemingly "jumps" further ahead in the frame suddenly. It happens every 4 frames or so. That's the conversion from 30 to 24 fps.

Frame numbers:

385-386

379-380

374-375
Content from External Source

This is probably the best debunk of the video.
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/15upea2/the_mh370_thermal_video_is_24_fps/

The orbs move at a different fps then the plane. That can't be explained away from remote viewing, screencaps, compression, cropping, etc.

Excerpted:
The plane shows 30 to 24 fps conversion, but the orbs don't.

Why is this significant?

24 fps is the standard frame rate for film. Virtually every movie you see in the theater is 24 fps. If you work on VFX for movies, your default timeline is set to 24 fps.

24 fps is definitely not the frame rate for UAV cameras or any military drones. So how did the video get to 24 fps?

The only way this could have happened is if someone who is used to working on video projects at 24 fps edited this video.

Perhaps a lot of you won't like what I have to say next. But this only makes sense if the entire thing was created on a 24 fps timeline.

You might say: if this video is fake, it's extremely well-done. There's no way a VFX expert would miss a detail like that.

But the argument "it's good therefore it's perfect" is not a good one. Everyone makes mistakes, and this one is an easy one to make. Remember, you're a VFX expert; you work at 24 fps all the time. It wouldn't be normal to switch to a 30 fps or other working frame rate. And the thermal video of the plane can still be real and they didn't notice the framerate change: beause (1) professional VFX software like After Effects doesn't warn you if your source footage doesn't match your working timeline, and (2) because the plane is mostly stationary or small in the frame when the orbs are present, dropped or blended frames aren't noticeable. It's very possible 30 fps footage of a thermal video of a plane got dropped into a 24 fps timeline and there was never a second thought about it.

And indeed, the plane shows evidence of 30 fps to 24 conversion—but the orbs do not.

Some people are saying the footage is 24p because it was captured with remote viewing software that defaulted to 24 fps capture. That may still be true, and the footage of the plane may be real, but the orbs don't demonstrate the same dropped frames.

(EDIT: Here's my quick and dirty demonstration that the orbs move through the frame at 24 fps with no dropped frames.
Source: https://imgur.com/a/Sf8xQ5D
)

It's most evident at an earlier part of the video when the plane is traversing the frame and the camera is zoomed out.

Content from External Source

I have recorded tons of cloud footage over decades, and clouds always continuously move and change noticeably over several seconds, and especially with a long lens, over 2 minutes. In the "satellite" video, there is no natural drift or change in the clouds at all, because the sky is definitely a still image. Increase the playback speed of cloud footage by say 10x and the clouds change drastically over mere seconds. The web is filled with cloud "timelapse" examples. In VFX, we often use a still image for ideal skies because a still is easier to manipulate than moving footage.

But here is an example of real clouds moving at an average speed-
Skip forward just 10 seconds and noticeable changes occur, particularly around edges, and in the small isolated wisps.

Here is that same clip sped up x10 along side the Airplane clip (is unlisted, which this forum seems to not allow embedding)-
https://youtube.com/shorts/3lZe5_22kyw

Back