Alleged Flight MH370 UFO Teleportation Videos [Hoax]

A common reaction to this evidence is that what if the image was reverse created from the video then the raw file faked in order to discredit the evidence, as insane as this sounds this is the level of some UFO fans.

Can we show this to be even less likely than it already sounds?

The photographer demonstrates the matching clouds using RAW image IMG_1843.CR2

1702080625261.png

This image contains this feature here possibly a reef break which cause white water in the ocean.

1702080670922.png

Which is also seemingly present in image IMG_1845.CR2, the clouds are slightly different and the break is a little different because they are both dynamic things but they I think they are the same

1702080941052.png

Do people here agree they are the same basic feature though?

Attachments

• 1702080990992.png
    1702080990992.png
    751.5 KB · Views: 28
Is there any way we could find the original 2012 upload on archive.org? The createdAt date for the image set is in 2012, but archive.org only has it on textures.com back to late 2015.

I poked around a bit, but it seems like the way that cgtextures was hosted prevented it from being properly archived. You can view the first page of every category, but you can't get the other pages to load. Clicking links on the front page isn't going to a new URL, it's just a bit of javascript that runs to serve the new content. I think this is generally considered Bad Design as you're giving up all the great perks of URL based navigation, and it seems to have messed with the archiving process. (I am not a web dev though, so I'm a bit fuzzy on the implementation details on all of this.)

Also, you get redirected to http://cgtextures.com/banned.php when you click to navigate to the next page in the set, so it's possible the site was taking active measures to prevent the scraper from archiving it?

The archive link after the createdAt date for reference: https://web.archive.org/web/20120506160325/http://www.cgtextures.com/

archive.org only has it on textures.com back to late 2015.
So the theory is that the image way reverse-engineered in 2015, including realistic-looking clouds, but nothing was done with this product except sell it on site that offers actual photograph? And we have clear provenance for these textures, but none at all for the video?

Honestly, the only people who are voicing doubts at this point are impervious to facts.
(Which was already clear after the "portal" VFX had been discovered.)

Any energy invested in this should be for your own entertainment, as it's not going to have any effect on anyone else. (See above.)

It was a pretty impressive fake. I'd still like to know how the hoaxer came up with the idea... That it's satellite footage that's being dragged with a cursor with the coordinates and everything, that was really clever. And a second view supposedly from a drone. Why they decided to even make such a hoax while the search was ongoing and hundreds of families were grieving etc, why was it just on some random Youtube channel. I guess the hoaxer is too embarrassed about it to come forward and explain it. Very weird videos.

Any energy invested in this should be for your own entertainment, as it's not going to have any effect on anyone else. (See above.)
You're absolutely correct, and I've reached the end of my rope on that. Was just wondering if someone knew something about getting at archived pages that I didn't know about.

You're absolutely correct, and I've reached the end of my rope on that. Was just wondering if someone knew something about getting at archived pages that I didn't know about.
Some of the other images from the same photo set can be found on archive.org from 2012. Unfortunately cgtextures.com was written in a way that prevents anything but the first page being archived, so the exact cloud images used in the hoax can't be located. But at this point some Olympic-level mental gymnastics are required to even posit a scenario where some of the images were faked post-hoc to cover up an alien airline abduction.

This reddit post breaks down the details:

But at this point some Olympic-level mental gymnastics are required to even posit a scenario where some of the images were faked post-hoc to cover up an alien airline abduction.
As we know from Flat Earth, once you believe something that's incredibly wrong, it's easy to believe other things to support that thing. Here's something I wrote for an article:

Take a step back and consider what was being proposed. The theory from Forbes was that the US government had detected that a plane carrying important personnel, taking off from Malaysia, which had a fire on board, so they quickly dispatched some advanced technology that used spinning orbs to teleport the plane to a safe location, filming it from a drone and two satellites. Unable to reveal the technology to the world, the passengers were put in witness protection. The footage from the satellite was used to make much higher-resolution images of clouds that were then hacked into a 2012 set of textures.org and the hard drive of the photographer, just in case the footage was leaked, which it was. Then an army of debunkers was hired to discredit Forbes’ theory to keep the secret safe.

This doesn’t even explain the other issues with stock footage used for the explosion or numerous errors with the 3D rendering and compositing. But that doesn’t matter. It’s already ludicrously impossible. But some people still believe, to this day, that the plane was teleported.
Content from External Source
Here's Aston Forbe's actual position from yesterday (emphasis mine):
Source: https://twitter.com/JustXAshton/status/1733943685467832747

We have checked the oldest archives and torrents and as of now the images in question that supposedly have clouds matching the MH370 Satellite video cannot be found.

Analysis has been done on the images in question and they show concerning discrepancies. 1841 has a different optical and landscape characteristic than the two images with matching clouds, indicating they are not taken at the same time or geo-location based on Sun's angle.

The shadow on Mt. Fuji is on the Southwest side in Jonas' picture indicating afternoon sun compared to a morning image seen below for comparison.

Irrespective of his flight time, the images do not show time progression the way Exif data shows, with 1842/43 clearly standing out as coming from a different geo location/time.

All 5 images on textures .com 75560, 75561, 75562, 75563, 75564 are updated on the exact same day Dec 4th 2023, potentially overwriting previous images in this account. "createdAt": "2014-10-25T06:59:38+02:00", "updatedAt": "2023-04-11T05:55:59+02:00".

This analysis implies a scenario where someone reverse searched the clouds, found good set of images on textures .com, and mapped it to potentially abandoned account. Downloaded the whole Textures cloud set in question, added these MH370 images after modifications and manipulating EXIF data. Uploaded back to textures .com around Dec 4th 2023, and found a guy to claim these images as his own.
And since he immediately bans anyone who disagrees, the replies in that thread are full of people agreeing with him and lauding him.

Textures.com is on twitter today being cagey.

Source: https://x.com/Texturescom/status/1734165299702775933?s=20

Summary ?

jmbatl
https://twitter.com/jmbatl
@jmbatl

The doctoral-level summary requested:

1.The case presents an allegation where http://Textures.com was purportedly the origin of an image used in a video claiming to show U.S. government footage of the disappearance of Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370. This assertion situates http://Textures.com at the center of a controversial claim.

2.Documentation or metadata associated with the cloud images in question indicated that they underwent modifications in early December. This temporal detail is crucial as it potentially aligns with or contradicts the timeline of the event depicted, thereby bearing implications for the authenticity and origin of the images. http://Textures.com refuted this claim and states the records only reflect a monthly maintenance on the records and nothing to do with the image being replaced or manipulated.

3. In an unexpected turn, http://Textures.com, which was initially believed to possess crucial evidence, instead disseminated a hoax involving a UFO, presented on the linked web page. This act not only diverted from the seriousness of the ongoing investigation but also appeared to mock the efforts of those earnestly seeking answers about the flight’s mysterious disappearance. This behavior introduces an element of misinformation and detracts from the integrity of the investigative process.
But I can't tell what textures.com is saying, first they post this mysterious "is it a psyop post" that makes my smooth brain assume they are saying it is.

Source: https://x.com/Texturescom/status/1734636986508718181?s=20

But then they roast Asthon for saying it's a psyop, so idk what's going on.

Source: https://x.com/Texturescom/status/1734644021371252890?s=20

This is over my head.

Source: https://x.com/Texturescom/status/1734649745098821661?s=20

Textures also added this funny gif to their site.

https://www.textures.com/download/aerials0028/75131

1702418252176.png

Last edited:
But I can't tell what textures.com is saying, first they post this mysterious "is it a psyop post" that makes my smooth brain assume they are saying it is.

Source: https://x.com/Texturescom/status/1734636986508718181?s=20

They're taking the piss. (The link goes to the GIF you're mentioning below.)
But then they roast Asthon for saying it's a psyop, so idk what's going on.

Source: https://x.com/Texturescom/status/1734644021371252890?s=20

This is over my head.

It means Ashton is unplugged from reality. They're taking the piss.
Textures also added this funny gif to their site.

https://www.textures.com/download/aerials0028/75131

1702418252176.png
They're taking the piss.

They're having a good laugh at anyone who at this point still thinks those videos are real.

Similar, but it predates the release of Pyromania by around 4 years.
Yeah I saw that on Internet Archive, "First released in 1993-94". But I wonder if these effects might come from the same shoot (they look similar) and if that shoot occured before the making of this 1989 film. Assuming that effects might be used in the industry before they're relased for wider use.

Sooo. New twist. Somebody is trolling Ashton with screenshots of what promises to be the original files from the MH370 incident. He does NOT have the actual files...just screenshots someone has sent him. He is supposed going to get the files soon...ish.

Attachments

• GBLzJv0WgAAIcEg.jpg
    GBLzJv0WgAAIcEg.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 22
  • GBLzJv1WoAAXEue.jpg
    GBLzJv1WoAAXEue.jpg
    479.9 KB · Views: 21
  • GBLzJv2WkAAIhA5.jpg
    GBLzJv2WkAAIhA5.jpg
    532 KB · Views: 19
  • GBLzJvzWkAAzYUx.jpg
    GBLzJvzWkAAzYUx.jpg
    439 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot 2023-12-13 084243.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-13 084243.png
    327.2 KB · Views: 23
Sooo. New twist. Somebody is trolling Ashton with screenshots of what promises to be the original files from the MH370 incident. He does NOT have the actual files...just screenshots someone has sent him. He is supposed going to get the files soon...ish.
Interesting observation a person made online. I don't believe a government laptop would have VLC or a demo of WinRAR installed. That would be a tad unsecure.

Interesting observation a person made online. I don't believe a government laptop would have VLC or a demo of WinRAR installed. That would be a tad unsecure.
They used VLC in the UAP hearing with Scott Bray.

I don't think you need to speculate about such things. The videos have already been proven to be fake, so obviously this person is trolling.

[Maybe this is for the Debunking people thread?]

Consider the hypothesis that Ashton Forbes is acting. His intent is to expose the crisis of credulity and poor research seen across the media and social media that orbit the UFO topic. What he’s doing is a social experiment or a form of performance art, à la Alex Jones, a Shock-Jock routine but in the deadpan mode of Chris Morris or Sacha Baron Cohen.

Consider how the footprint of his campaign has grown. From 2,810 Twitter followers on 18 August 2022 to, only 16 months later, 69,000 and rising. Despite being on Twitter since 2014 there are no tweets available before he began promoting the hoax videos. He has flooded social media, from TikTok to Twitter and Reddit to podcasts on Spotify and Apple, and ensured the hoax videos appear on Internet Archive several times (posting as JustTrayLOL) there’s even some mainstream media coverage such as that from IBTimes. In all it’s been a masterfully choreographed campaign. It will likely make an excellent case study for media students.

Screenshot 2023-12-09 at 20.35.44.png
As a mark of Forbes’s breakout success, I first heard about his claims about the videos when a relative of mine, a street-smart twenty-something, forwarded one of Ashton’s lengthy tweets with the comment "this is crazy!" So, I felt I had to pay some attention to what just immediately looked to me like a bad taste hoax.

However, in my opinion, the disappearance of MH370 is at least as, if not more, distasteful to promote an unsubstantiated theory about than Sandy Hook was. There are more people missing, presumed dead, and grieved over, with more unknowns about its cause. Yet, Forbes has done the rounds, talking to credulous podcasters (and some who are regretful for giving him a platform, such as Julian Dorey and Aiden Mattis) but most appear to nod along in apparent agreement to his suggestions that he has an inside line on what’s really going on, i.e. the idea that there is a secret government tech platform in the form of orbs that can magic a fully loaded airliner and it’s mysterious cargo away. The idea that this could be true generally supports their prior belief in alien visitation, high-strangeness, or US Government conspiracy to hide tech possibly derived from extraterrestrials - and so they’re happy to host him. After all he’s got the buzz!

However, they don’t ask him questions such as, “Have you spoken with any of the families? What do they think of your idea about what happened to their loved one/s? What would you say to them?” etc. (This is likely because Forbes casts doubt on their loss, suggesting that the victims may not be dead at all and could be in some kind of witness protection:
Source: https://x.com/UAPHeyoka/status/1734641778509152336?s=20
).

This is a failure of journalism, a crisis of critical reasoning - but is this what we’re supposed to be paying attention to? I’d like to think so.

Take his conversation with Alex Jones, for example, proudly pinned to his Twitter profile. In it, Jones and his co-host riff off Forbes’s nonsense claims with their own list of conspiratorial concerns. The globalists! The CIA! The US Government has satellites capable of “reading the logo in a golf ball” [at 12:20] and are watching us all 24/7, etc." It all fits so nicely, and in Jones’ case, it helps rehabilitate him after being bankrupted by his abuse of Sandy Hook families by giving him visibility on his newly resurrected social media account.

Or so it would seem…

But as I watched the InfoWars video, I thought about how awkward it made Jones look and wondered if that was the real intent - part of the performance. Afterall here’s Jones once again sliding toward the spectre of doubting the grief of families involved in a tragedy because it fits his worldview and will provoke lucrative engagement. Maybe Forbes wants Jones to stay cancelled?

If it’s a performance it’s one that seems perfectly scripted for a sympathetic audience on #ufotwitter and Reddit.

Design brief: create a character and fashion it after the most prominent skeptic known for unpacking videos about UFOs and Aliens (Sorry Mick; it’s an opinion piece!) but make it an inverted version, a character who’s on your side, dear believer, then use it to attack skeptics in the most hyperbolic and juvenile way (“he [Mick West] may be an enemy of humanity”) to prove allegiance to and provide some red meat for the “community.”

Screenshot 2023-12-09 at 20.47.40.png

Begin by having that character make some reasonable sober points based on science about the genuine mystery that is MH370, but then escalate the tone and content depending on the audience/forum.

Also, give that character the UFOlogy superpower of claiming it has a top-secret government clearance (of course, he can’t say more about that or what relevance it has to the analysis of the videos) and stick to the script during interviews and see just how little pushback you get as you make more and more outlandish claims about “macroscopic quantum adherence” and “endothermic reactions” causing transportation portals.

The break of character seems to have been the remark he made to Danny Jones when dismissing the idea that the Pyromania VFX asset doesn’t match the portal effect in the drone video, “All dispersal patterns are the same; this is like saying my butthole is your butthole because they’re similar,” but all delivered with a surety (pardon the puns). But really, isn’t that the point where a journalist should twig that their interviewee isn’t serious or remotely logical or able to consider expert opinion, and question why they’re even talking at all given the very real tragic event their conversation is associated with?

Add to this the fact that after briefly conceding the videos are hoaxed Forbes is now once again claiming they are a real.Debunkers are on suicide watch!” [1:13:45]
Source: https://www.youtube.com/live/niNykdCVYUo?si=_KL6CyYn4vAfh7Sv&t=4425
he repeated several times on his live stream yesterday - a stream that more closely resembles a Twitch streamer playing a MMORPG game while pausing to thank people for their donations - than a real analyst solving an earth shattering mystery.

“Trust nothing unless it comes from me” is today’s mantra. He revealed (but only partially) screenshots of some computer files he characterised as from the “leaker” of the videos, note he doesn’t say “hoaxer” implying that any compositing or errors on the videos is a purposeful distraction to mask a genuine recording of the secret world dominating technology. He will release more details, but not just yet…soon. Sound familiar?

What works against this charitable hypothesis is that he’s asked Jonas De Ro, the photographer who shot the stock image cloud images in Japan that appear in one of the videos, (bizarrely) to take down his YouTube video where he demonstrates they are the same image and as a consequence that the “satellite” video is a proven composite - a hoax.

In addition he is using his social media profiles to cast aspersions about Jonas, clipping and republishing remarks he’s made years ago on unrelated YouTube videos about being able to manipulate photos, and implying some kind of impropriety (guess what Jonas is a VFX artist who would certainly be out of a job if he didn’t know how to manipulate images!)

But for Forbes it’s ALL a conspiracy. Don’t you see?

So, yeah, I would like to believe that it’s an act, albeit one done in bad taste. I’d like to believe that there’s some nobility to it — that it’s designed to expose how a glut of content-starved media channels becomes complicit in platforming and promoting stories like these hoax videos and their attendant ideas, allowing them to run and run and teach us why that’s a bad thing.

Then again, it might just be shameless self-promotion on a par with Alex Jones’ trolling of the Sandy Hook families.

Last edited:
So, yeah, I would like to believe that it’s an act, albeit one done in bad taste. I’d like to believe that there’s some nobility to it — that it’s designed to expose how a glut of content-starved media channels becomes complicit in platforming and promoting stories like these hoax videos and their attendant ideas, allowing them to run and run and teach us why that’s a bad thing.

Interesting. There is a part of me that sees where you're coming from. The other part says using MH370 is beyond being in bad taste.

But damn, the Borat thing is similar. I remember listening to NPRs Fresh Air with Terry Gross. She seemed to enjoy Cohan's ability to befriend Southern red necks and his admission that they were indeed polite and welcoming, but when properly encouraged, would show themselves to be, or he encouraged them to be, antisemites. I found the whole thing a bit ugly.

I think Ashton really has gone down a rabbit hole and can't get back out now, but you have an interesting idea there.

Design brief: create a character and fashion it after the most prominent skeptic known for unpacking videos about UFOs and Aliens (Sorry Mick; it’s an opinion piece!) but make it an inverted version, a character who’s on your side, dear believer, then use it to attack skeptics in the most hyperbolic and juvenile way
"I was going to be nice to you if you stayed quiet" is incredibly toxic and sends up immediate red flags. This is not fashioned after @Mick West in any way. “Trust nothing unless it comes from me” gives off cult leader vibes.
Consider the hypothesis that Ashton Forbes is acting. His intent is to expose the crisis of credulity and poor research seen across the media and social media that orbit the UFO topic. What he’s doing is a social experiment or a form of performance art, à la Alex Jones, a Shock-Jock routine but in the deadpan mode of Chris Morris or Sacha Baron Cohen.
Alex Jones is NOT doing performance art, and neither is Forbes.
Remi Gaillard is doing performance art, compare https://www.metabunk.org/threads/hoax-glowing-tic-tac-ufo-in-southern-france-possibly-a-drone.12125/ (skip past the admin preface).

But damn, the Borat thing is similar. I remember listening to NPRs Fresh Air with Terry Gross. She seemed to enjoy Cohen's ability to befriend Southern red necks and his admission that they were indeed polite and welcoming, but when properly encouraged, would show themselves to be, or he encouraged them to be, antisemites. I found the whole thing a bit ugly.
Sasha Baron Cohen deals in reality, as do Jordan Klepper's "MAGA Trail" reports for The Daily Show. They pick at the fringes for comedic reasons (though Giuliani should not, technically, be considered fringe), and thus don't represent reality fairly, like a survey would, but they don't promote fakes as truth like Forbes does (and Alex Jones did). The good actors are transparent about what they're doing, Forbes is not transparent about promoting a hoax.

There is simply no way that Forbes compares to nice people like Mick West, Remi Gaillard, or Sasha Baron Cohen.

Alex Jones is NOT doing performance art
It was an excuse he used in court to distance himself from...himself.
There is simply no way that Forbes compares to nice people
This is a misreading of the post above. I'm referring to a hypothetical character as the only means by which this isn't a ghoulish LARP.

An additional reference might be Chris Morris' Drugs episode of Brass Eye (1997). Where he manages to get public figures to make on-camera endorsements of an anti-drug campaign to warn against a ludicrous fictional drug, skewering media, celebrity and poor research in the process.
(the episode is available on Vimeo)

The latest development is that he now has the files ( the .rar file) from the leaker, but he needs a password to open it. The leaker apparently told him a “clue” to the password is in a file (attached) he was sent. He is crowdsourcing the solution.

Wouldn’t be funny if it was an encrypted Rick Astley video?

Attachments

• IMG_0163.jpeg
    IMG_0163.jpeg
    144.1 KB · Views: 21
arent you afraid of a computer virus attached to it?
Not really. I don't see any .exe files and the only files involved are .rar, .mov, .avi and .pdf
And you need a password to open it anyway.

At the very least, the .rar file should be safe. But yeah, the other files inside could have a virus. I figure if the person wanted to spread a virus, he wouldn't password protect it.

I figure if the person wanted to spread a virus, he wouldn't password protect it.
we're talking about 4chan groups (and i saw one AF post about "Anonymous" hacker group joining in. sounds too fishy to me..data stealing malware etc.

I would suggest not sharing the link on MB! but thats just me.

Not really. I don't see any .exe files and the only files involved are .rar, .mov, .avi and .pdf
And you need a password to open it anyway.

At the very least, the .rar file should be safe. But yeah, the other files inside could have a virus. I figure if the person wanted to spread a virus, he wouldn't password protect it.
I also figure if the leaker wanted to reveal the truth of MH370 to the world, he wouldn't password protect it.

I also figure if the leaker wanted to reveal the truth of MH370 to the world, he wouldn't password protect it.
Oh definitely. The story was he got nervous about sharing the actual password, so he made a puzzle? No it doesn't make sense. Probably just wants people to spin their wheels. I was just curious. Probably going to just back off and watch. The .rar seems to be safe, but the contents may be iffy

Oh please don't think I believe there's anything Earth shattering in the files. I just wanted to see how far someone would go to prank Ashton. And it was a puzzle

As expected the mystery box was empty, but he did at least apologise to "Reddit" and "debunkers". Can't wait for his long form article in the Skeptical Inquirer - 'How I exposed the crisis of critical thinking in ufology'...

FINAL UPDATE

I just wanted to give a final update on the supposedly leaked files the Ashton Forbes received. They WERE able to figure out the password for the .rar file. The password was "CAL084333GAUN370509files". Apparently there was a typo between the name of the notepad doc and the password actually used. The Notepad doc was named "CALO8433GAUN370509files". The first O was supposed to be a zero and the file name was missing a "3".

So as to the contents. There don't seem to be any viruses embedded, but the files are definitely not legitimate. Curiously the PDF file seems to be a declassified "MQ-1C Gray Eagle" report. The dates of everything were modified to look like they came from 2014 and the videos were just random videos.

So it's a good reminder that confirmation bias can really do a number on you and everyone really needs to careful about what you accept as evidence...especially when you don't know the provenance or the person supplying it to you.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-15 091620.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-15 091620.png
    279.8 KB · Views: 17
Update to the update.

The contents of the .rar file can all be readily found on YouTube and Google. And actually had to pay $3,000 for the files. EEP.

Attachments

• GBXnw4cacAATDX-.jpg
    GBXnw4cacAATDX-.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 23
  • GBXuyyCXgAANVwA.png
    GBXuyyCXgAANVwA.png
    290.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot 2023-12-15 094452.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-15 094452.png
    245.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
FINAL UPDATE
From your attachment:
Because the dates on the PDF seem to be modified, we can't trust the dates on any of the other files either.
That's a naive statement. Date stamps are data that can be edited, and by themselves should never be trusted. They're only as trustworthy as the person handling the files. Provenance matters!

(I'm surprised the "coverup" people trust the Internet Archive.)

Back