Woody's observations of contrails in MN

I think Woody is asking "Why are there only 2 warm ocean currents in the Northern Hemispahere and 3 in the Southern Hemisphere"?
Woody, notice that all the circulatioins are in the same direction in relation to the rotation of the Earth, anticyclonic; they are called gyres.
Now notice that there are 2 main land masses in the Northern Hemisphere (North America, Africa/Europe/Asia), and 3 in the Southern Hemisphere (South America, Africa, Australia).
You now have the answer to your question.
No, this all started by trying to explain that Florida is not considered "Continental Climate" and was explaining the Oceans influence on his weather, but not in Minnesota. Getting a cold front from the North doesn't qualify as being in the same climate system. Even the Great Lakes create there own weather system.

No, this all started by trying to explain that Florida is not considered "Continental Climate" and was explaining the Oceans influence on his weather, but not in Minnesota. Getting a cold front from the North doesn't qualify as being in the same climate system. Even the Great Lakes create there own weather system.
... in much the same way as the Oceans affect the weather in maritime climates.

I'm not a chemtrail people, within this thread I am providing evidence of something occurring outside the norm, and maintain that this has been viewed over the past few years. As I may reiterate, I am NOT a CHEMTRAIL Activist!

Of course you are. You've been here almost ten months after your breathless arrival describing a plane with improbable "chemical tanks" on the tail "spraying from the wings". Remember, the planes you said could be seen by "Anyone who has eyes"? The planes I asked for photos of but haven't seen for nne months?

You can disclaim it all now if you want, Woody. I do have a fairly good memory of what you have been saying for a very long time. Maybe I just imagined it?

If you aren't, though, there would be no use in continuing this thread, Woody. Bye.

Last edited:
I'm not a chemtrail people, within this thread I am providing evidence of something occurring outside the norm, and maintain that this has been viewed over the past few years. Mind control and other conspiracies, give me a break. This entire article began about global dimming and the cooling effect it had, which was isolated more to the northern hemisphere than the southern. Logic does indicate that increasing global dimming once again could offset the warming that we are experiencing from the higher levels of CO2, at least its a logical assessment and would support the visual observations we are seeing. Nothing anyone else is saying seems logical nor supportive in these visual findings nor has anyone been able to explain actions that the US claims to be doing in battling global warming, or why they may possibly do it. As I may reiterate, I am NOT a CHEMTRAIL Activist!

How is it that you can quote a specific question put to you like this one: "Woody, if you can see this sort of detail, where are the pictures of these planes?" and not answer it?

I have made claims to viewing distance to the horizon and viewing Aircraft and contrails here in Minnesota ONLY!

You have failed to prove those claims. There is no reason that someone can see a contrail or other cloud that is 100 miles to their west in Long Island while you cannot in Minnesota.

Then you claimed that Minnesota has special high humidity conditions that limited visibility. That's just ridiculous. I've been on my lake at 6AM when the dewpoint is 80F and fog over the water. I often see storms that are over 100miles away over the Gulf of Mexico on those mornings.

Plus, the whole distance thing got started because you claimed that you had special insight in to contrails because you drive in the direction that they drift and could watch them evolve whereas we could not because we didn't do like you and follow them. We demonstrated that you can see contrails a long way off. I've driven under trails from Tampa to Daytona and I've watched trails drift from Tampa to Daytona while being in Daytona. Now you've attempted to shift the argument.

You are a completely different climate system,

So? That doesn't matter regarding cirrus clouds and contrails.

How is it that you can quote a specific question put to you like this one: "Woody, if you can see this sort of detail, where are the pictures of these planes?" and not answer it?
The planes, they are everywhere here, and many pics of the planes too.

Where is a picture of one of the ones that you mentioned with ""chemical tanks" on the tail "spraying from the wings"?

upload_2013-10-14_0-54-52.jpegWent out to finish up some trim work and found them above me today. Yesterday it was raining and with the exception of Saturday, they have been here every day this week, this last month, and past few years. Why have a study on contrails maintaining continuous trails developing into cirrus clouds if they are a daily occurrence?

Woody, picture of plane with 'chemical tanks' please.

Why do you find it odd, that the temperature/humidity that would encourage long lasting contrails, would not be the same that would give rise to cirrus clouds?

upload_2013-10-14_1-2-18.jpegThis is what all the normal jets looked like today, the unidentified ones are the only ones leaving the cirrus clouds behind them. Wanted you to see the differences.

BTW, the one above is zoomed in all the way. Stand back and zoom in on an a plane at the airport, now back up 6.25 miles and get me a close up. LOL, it will be the size of that one!

On my way to the hardware store for some more supplies and snapped these shots. A standard flight going overhead at 13:46 St. Cloud upload_2013-10-14_1-14-14.jpegAnd to give everyone an idea, by midday the cirrus clouds from the unidentified planes accumulate so the distance you can see standard contrails is limited to less than 20 miles. I took this shot as he went into this haze and never appeared again, due to the slight delay in the camera you can no longer see him as he disappeared in the center of the screen.upload_2013-10-14_1-16-33.jpegThis also would explain while on our way to the North Dakota border we can not see any of the commercial flights even though they appeared to be very close.

Woody, picture of plane with 'chemical tanks' please.

Why do you find it odd, that the temperature/humidity that would encourage long lasting contrails, would not be the same that would give rise to cirrus clouds?
Because they are present ONLY from unidentified aircraft and both trails are visible on some days, while the trails creating cirrus clouds are daily, even when contrails are not visible from commercial airliners. The length is also limited in size and all appear to be 40 to 60 miles long, and it is daily.

The $$$ needs of a new roof and garage door before winter take priority in my life right now. I know many of you struggle with believing this, but honestly, why run a scientific paper on the unusual formation of cirrus clouds on October 9, 2001 over the great lakes when its a daily normal everyday occurrence? Perhaps it wasn't and that's what prompted the paper due to its rarity, and now it is everyday?

As one drives to the MSP airport, it becomes like a beehive in the air, lots of planes and this is what we would expect. We have questioned the location of these flights (Unidentified). As we drove up towards Fargo these planes became more and more noticeable, the unidentified ones. One reason is the Weather Modification Company out of Fargo that drew our attention there, but also the Air-force Bases. As we drove my sights became more focused on Grand Forks or Minot ND as possible sources, or perhaps all 3. Either way, it seemed as if we were coming closer to the source of so many unidentified aircraft.

Without knowing the elevation, it can only be a guess. By our observations the limits of the skies here are 40 to 50 miles and it looks like he is on the edge.

So you're saying the plane is at or below 18500 ft?

Last edited:
upload_2013-10-14_0-54-52.jpegWent out to finish up some trim work and found them above me today. Yesterday it was raining and with the exception of Saturday, they have been here every day this week, this last month, and past few years. Why have a study on contrails maintaining continuous trails developing into cirrus clouds if they are a daily occurrence?
I would say it is this one:
http://www.flightradar24.com/2013-10-13/16:15/12x/AAY785
compare it with this picture:
http://contrailscience.com/skitch/IMG_1935-20121105-110428.jpg

Flight AAY785 is passing over at that time, no more then 10 miles away from you, correct direction... ( and with flying at 6.25 miles height, about 10 miles away it also matches the angle on the right (somewhere towards 30 degrees?)

This is what all the normal jets looked like today, the unidentified ones are the only ones leaving the cirrus clouds behind them. Wanted you to see the differences.
So at what time was this? which flight etc etc?

On my way to the hardware store for some more supplies and snapped these shots. A standard flight going overhead at 13:46 St. Cloud
And which flight would that be flying straight overhead at St. Cloud? None of the identifable planes are within a 4 mile reach:
http://www.flightradar24.com/2013-10-13/18:45/12x/45.64,-94.26/10

(my best guess would be this one www.flightradar24.com/2013-10-13/18:46/12x/ACA34 , but I'm not sure if it is heading the right direction)

Last edited:
On my way to the hardware store for some more supplies and snapped these shots. A standard flight going overhead at 13:46 St. Cloud upload_2013-10-14_1-14-14.jpegAnd to give everyone an idea, by midday the cirrus clouds from the unidentified planes accumulate so the distance you can see standard contrails is limited to less than 20 miles. I took this shot as he went into this haze and never appeared again, due to the slight delay in the camera you can no longer see him as he disappeared in the center of the screen.upload_2013-10-14_1-16-33.jpegThis also would explain while on our way to the North Dakota border we can not see any of the commercial flights even though they appeared to be very close.

So you're assuming those cirrus clouds would never have existed if aircraft hadn't flown that day? Why?

As one drives to the MSP airport, it becomes like a beehive in the air, lots of planes and this is what we would expect. We have questioned the location of these flights (Unidentified). As we drove up towards Fargo these planes became more and more noticeable, the unidentified ones. One reason is the Weather Modification Company out of Fargo

Weather Mod Inc uses small planes to seed already existing rain clouds or mitigate hail. They have nothing to do with the jets you see leaving persistent contrails.

http://www.weathermodification.com/cloud-seeding.php

I do not think you have adequately acknowledged that "normal" identifiable planes can leave persistent, spreading contrails...why is that?

What do you make of this paper?- in which they tracked contrails for several hours and identified the commercial flights from which they came:

http://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/full/10.1175/JAM2325.1

Also- its doesn't happen "daily" in MN. I was there in July and experienced several cloud free/contrail free days....

Woody, where are the Screen captures for these allegedly "unidentifiable" flights? If you won't show us, how do we know you even tried to identify them?
Doing a screen capture takes a few clicks, that is all. If you are unable to document your case, that shows you are likely to be unable t identify any planes.

For that matter you say you were able to identify some flights, but haven't documented those, either.
Something is very wrong, I'm afraid. You make all of these claims but have never completely documented even a single one of them in a manner that would allow anyone else to confirm your claim. Nine months we've been waiting, you've had nine months to learn what is required. Babies have been conceived and born in less time. When will you ever learn? Maybe you don't want to?

I would say it is this one:
http://www.flightradar24.com/2013-10-13/16:15/12x/AAY785
compare it with this picture:
http://contrailscience.com/skitch/IMG_1935-20121105-110428.jpg

Flight AAY785 is passing over at that time, no more then 10 miles away from you, correct direction... ( and with flying at 6.25 miles height, about 10 miles away it also matches the angle on the right (somewhere towards 30 degrees?)

So at what time was this? which flight etc etc?

And which flight would that be flying straight overhead at St. Cloud? None of the identifable planes are within a 4 mile reach:
http://www.flightradar24.com/2013-10-13/18:45/12x/45.64,-94.26/10

(my best guess would be this one www.flightradar24.com/2013-10-13/18:46/12x/ACA34 , but I'm not sure if it is heading the right direction)
No, it wasn't this flight. In fact, on this day I attempted to find multiple flights that were traveling by and found none of them, at the altitude the commercial lines were flying, 30 to 33,000 feet, there were no contrails, only these other ones. After this flight there was another that was heading North around the same altitude, waited, waited, nothing. This flight in this pic was very close, within just a few miles of me. Time and dates are now stamped in the lower right corner

So you're saying the plane is at or below 18500 ft?
Could be, we are near Fargo, When they are unidentified, its a guess but I am beginning to guess with far more accuracy, but only overhead, at a distance with trails they are hard to determine altitudes.

Oh? I'm confused. If there are plenty of pics showing these planes with "tanks" or something pasted on the rear fuselage, why don't you show us some?
Sit back with a camera 6.25 miles away and while the object is traveling some 350mph take a snap shot of the planes wing and tell me how much this equipment cost you to take the pic, donations are being accepted though :)

No, they don't have to be pics YOU took. Are you the only one who sees this? If this is visible to your naked eyes there should be plenty of pics on the internet to choose from.
I don't blindly trust, do you? I prefer to research it myself, as I said, donations are being accepted

Sorry? You're claiming that commercial airliners don't leave persistent contrails?
Nope, as I said in an earlier post, I believe last Tuesday, they were maintaining, one of those unusual days of sustaining trails, yet they still differed in density and I displayed it.

Woody, where are the Screen captures for these allegedly "unidentifiable" flights? If you won't show us, how do we know you even tried to identify them?
Doing a screen capture takes a few clicks, that is all. If you are unable to document your case, that shows you are likely to be unable t identify any planes.

For that matter you say you were able to identify some flights, but haven't documented those, either.
Something is very wrong, I'm afraid. You make all of these claims but have never completely documented even a single one of them in a manner that would allow anyone else to confirm your claim. Nine months we've been waiting, you've had nine months to learn what is required. Babies have been conceived and born in less time. When will you ever learn? Maybe you don't want to?
Then you have not been keeping up with the posts.

Sit back with a camera 6.25 miles away and while the object is traveling some 350mph take a snap shot of the planes wing and tell me how much this equipment cost you to take the pic, donations are being accepted though :)

Oh come on; no more excuses, like Jay Reynolds said also, it has been something like nine months ago, and still you haven't got any proof, no screen captures, your app still seems to be wrongly calibrated, not even an attempt at making a photo through a binoculars like Mick West showed you a long time ago, and magically my 2 out of 2 planes hit of 'unidentified' planes in your pictures don't match your criteria for unclear reasons.

And no you haven't showed any plane you were able to identify (with screenshots of fligtradar or alike) I've seen in this thread.

"No, it wasn't this flight. "
It was there at exactly that time in exactly that location, it was that flight! (even the contrails match the engine setup), prove me wrong otherwise... just saying no doesn't do it...

"This flight in this pic was very close, within just a few miles of me."
Exactly this plane I identified, if it was so close as you think it was you should have been able to make a better picture... You have proven before you are very bad at estimating distances...

Last edited:
Weather Mod Inc uses small planes to seed already existing rain clouds or mitigate hail. They have nothing to do with the jets you see leaving persistent contrails.

http://www.weathermodification.com/cloud-seeding.php

I do not think you have adequately acknowledged that "normal" identifiable planes can leave persistent, spreading contrails...why is that?

What do you make of this paper?- in which they tracked contrails for several hours and identified the commercial flights from which they came:

http://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/full/10.1175/JAM2325.1

Also- its doesn't happen "daily" in MN. I was there in July and experienced several cloud free/contrail free days....
You haven't been keeping up with the posts. They do it in sectors. See Earlier posts. Tell me the period of time in July, I will research my data and see if I have anything during the time you were here and the locations. I have far more data than what I am posting, I am only posting highlights or main ones demonstrating this as a daily occurrence somewhere. I travel daily through the week and go through multiple sectors.

I do not want to blow up a site with pics and videos, the purpose is to prove this unusual behavior of contrails sustaining for hours as observed on October 9, 2001 is no longer unusual, it's almost every day. But, as I say, it cannot be proven every day since it was raining and cloudy all day and the same is expected for tomorrow. Cloudspotter aided me in finding Geocam that makes it far easier, but think I need to update it with the paid version for the accuracy we all want to see, and its far cheaper than an expensive camera. Then we can plot the EXACT flight path through triangulation, no more guessing or thinking it is this flight or that one. It appears I have about 24 hours to upgrade before we see any blue again. How many of you feel confident that when the skies turn blue you will be able to see jets creating cirrus clouds? We feel confident up here, and have seen this at an unprecedented levels here in the north in ways we have not seen anywhere else.

Back