Photos of Clouds and Skies (That you took yourself)

On the pub-crawl last night (there were contrails too, as the airport is behind us, but alas they didn't get in frame):

Unfortunately for much of the country, Christmas '22 is a deep freeze, but here in Nor Cal we were blessed with a lovely Christmas Eve sunset (and mid 50sF). Although, I'm still trying to figure out how the clouds can appear to be up-lit like this, giving that the Earth is flat.

Merry Christmas and such!

IMG_4184.jpeg
IMG_4185.jpeg

While helping a neighbor on their house, I walked out to see this wild contrail. Apparently the pilot of this A380 went through a chicane on the way to SFO.

IMG_4417.jpeg

IMG_4419.PNG

A couple of shots I took with my drone today showing some looming clouds. It was surprisingly warm today. These were both shot near Exeter, UK. 852EB8CB-B3D8-46C1-BD48-DAE1AA312AEC.jpeg95719910-EDE7-4A63-AD01-A887D45B3E30.jpeg

A couple of shots I took with my drone today showing some looming clouds. It was surprisingly warm today. These were both shot near Exeter, UK. 852EB8CB-B3D8-46C1-BD48-DAE1AA312AEC.jpeg95719910-EDE7-4A63-AD01-A887D45B3E30.jpeg
Lovely! It's what a California person would think the rolling green hills of the UK looks like. I see your near Dartmoor, isn't that where the "moors" are in Sherlock Holmes Hounds of the Baskervilles? I loved the book back when and the Basil Rathbone film version scarred the hell out of my kids when they were younger.

Lovely! It's what a California person would think the rolling green hills of the UK looks like. I see your near Dartmoor, isn't that where the "moors" are in Sherlock Holmes Hounds of the Baskervilles? I loved the book back when and the Basil Rathbone film version scarred the hell out of my kids when they were younger.
I believe so, though I'm not much of a literary person in all honesty. It's also the same Dartmoor Hitman III's "A Day to Remember" DLC is set in, however it should be noted that the house they set that DLC in is completely fictitious.

The effect can be quite striking. This is a picture I took myself in 2018.
Also have a video, the shadow crossed the whole sky, but the most fascinating part is the visual illusion of pixelation where the cloud creates the shadow.

Attachments

• IMG_20181001_182821.jpg
    IMG_20181001_182821.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Back