MH17 - developments after a month - Aug 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAT

It's been nearly 2 weeks since the investigators left. There is still fighting in the region. There is almost no interest from Western media in the MH17 site, or no enough for the to risk going there. But someone is there - the site is being cleaned up. A few interesting photos of lower layers might slowly emerge this way. But it seems to me the window for collecting parts to take away and examine has closed.

Pic from day one

Same engine now lying of cleared ground, all the small pieces cleaned up

The top image clearly shows (I think) pre-crash damage to the main fan in the foreground. It must have been subjeted to a lot of heat to discolour like that.

It's been nearly 2 weeks since the investigators left. There is still fighting in the region. There is almost no interest from Western media in the MH17 site, or no enough for the to risk going there. But someone is there - the site is being cleaned up. A few interesting photos of lower layers might slowly emerge this way. But it seems to me the window for collecting parts to take away and examine has closed.

Pic from day one

Same engine now lying of cleared ground, all the small pieces cleaned up

The top image clearly shows (I think) pre-crash damage to the main fan in the foreground. It must have been subjeted to a lot of heat to discolour like that.
It's possible the engines or one of the engines caught on fire after being hit by sharpnel. I was trying to see some tell tale signs in this fan if it was hit by fragments or shrapnel, but can't find any.

Trying to be a forensic investigator is rarely productive for the untrained. Let's focus on the facts/reported bunk that come out of the investigation.

The port engine was definitely hit by shrapnel; the cowling broke off in pieces with at least 2 shrapnel holes in it. A piece of broken fan fell out near the tail debris. I would not really expect a shrapnel hole, as where it hit would have most likely broken off. But if this fan discoloured like this from the post-impact fire, the rest of the engine should have, also?

Sorry, but this is just guesses and speculation. Unless someone is making some specific claims about evidence, then there's no need to add to the noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back