Major spraying over Detroit/Windsor

U

Unregistered

I have been fishing all day and have counted hundreds of planes in a 5 hour period. I have never seen anything like it. May 16, 2012 is the worst spray day ever in this area that I am aware of. Makes me want to wear a gas mask. Anyone else living in the area should stay indoors as much as possible over the next couple of days or longer depending on if the spraying continues. Some studies have shown a possible link between chemtrails and morgellons disease. Be safe everyone and try to remind people to look up and actually think about what they are seeing.

I have been fishing all day and have counted hundreds of planes in a 5 hour period. I have never seen anything like it.
But there are always many planes overhead.....commercial travel airlines.
You may not see them during the day, because they are hard to spot, if there's no trail.
At night here.....trail-less planes are abundant.....I can spot them by their blinking lights moving across the sky. And at 10:30 pm.....commuter traffic begins to slow.....but I still see some red-eye flights.
Imagine how many there are during a normal business day...??

I'm in northern Michigan and use flight aware to check flights. Not a whole lot of commercial traffic generally. But lots of persistent contrails. Weird, why can't I see the plane leaving the trail?

Thanks and hello.

Probably because it's too far away. Unless it's directly overhead, most contrails are 10-40+ miles away, and the planes can be hard to see though the atmosphere (the contrails themselves are bight white, and much bigger than the plane).

Try binoculars.

I'm in northern Michigan and use flight aware to check flights. Not a whole lot of commercial traffic generally. But lots of persistent contrails. Weird, why can't I see the plane leaving the trail?

Thanks and hello.

Size, color, distance.

You can see a contrail at times from 100 miles away, but you usually not going to see a plane from that far, unless it is reflecting light right back at you around dusk, and then it could be. And that contrail can stretch across the sky, but the plane is going to be 100-250 ft long.

And aircraft colors will often blend in more with the surrounding sky color, especially since so many planes are painted in lighter colors or even bare metal at times.

Try binoculars? Are you serious? Wouldn't it look funny if I was using binoculars to look at flight aware? I can see the plane (s) in the sky, I'm an ex naval look out, I spent to many hours pulling watch duty on many Sea's verifying contacts from ships to aircraft. Sorry if I was vague. Thx. Again. J Rogers.

Ah, sorry I misunderstood. People do sometimes ask about "invisible" planes.

Regarding FlightAware, the contrail may well be farther away than you think, and you might need to widen your search. Also the flight info is delayed, I think 15 minutes, so you need to look back along the flight path to find it.

[edit] See:
http://flightaware.com/about/faq.rvt#howlive
How live is FlightAware's tracking and status data?

The data displayed on FlightAware.com is typically 30 seconds to five minutes delayed from real time depending on the data source and government regulations. You can contact us if you have a commercial need for real-time data.
Content from External Source
Also some of the flight positions on FLightAware are estimates, and might not be the actual positions.

Back