LAX Shooting Conspiracy Theories - Los Angeles Airport - False Flag Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh.

Sometimes distance from an event is a good thing. What's fascinating, morbidly, at the moment, is the scramble to identify and link this shooter with ... anything. There are nutters out there, and they go nuts. With access to arms, this usually ends badly for lots of folk the nutter doesn't know, or in some cases does know. Long before AJ came on the scene the US had mass-murderers. From what I gather a lot of them worked in the post office. So maybe stamps are to blame.

I know as little as everyone else does about this incident, but maybe the shooter was just pissed off with ... well, that list is probably endless. And he had guns.

You might define hate and paranoia differently than what I do.
I don't speak for every skeptic who participates in this forum, but please tell me if and how metabunk's message is in anyway comparable to any of these rants.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=alex jones tsa rant&oq=alex jones tsa rant&gs_l=youtube.3..0.128.5977.0.6078.29.20.5.3.6.0.183.1638.13j7.20.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.1XCZMve1kQ4

And just a reminder, Alex Jones has 700,000 YouTube Subscribers, and has an estimated audience of more than 2 million listeners.

You might define hate and paranoia differently than what I do.
I don't speak for evert skeptic who participates in this forum, but please tell me if and how metabunk's message is in anyway comparable to any of these rants.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=alex jones tsa rant&oq=alex jones tsa rant&gs_l=youtube.3..0.128.5977.0.6078.29.20.5.3.6.0.183.1638.13j7.20.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.1XCZMve1kQ4
I don't know... Does he ask people to shoot the TSA anywhere in those rants.

I think a lot of people are upset by the TSA and other agencies, stop and /questions/searches etc. I was upset by a similar type of thing decades ago when the U.K gov started rolling out 'surveys', stopping people whilst driving and asking where they had been, why and where they were going.

I think a lot of people were upset by it because it stopped after a little while and I know full well that I refused to tell them on principle and I am sure a lot of others did as well and we had never heard of AJ and the internet was in its infancy then.

No one shot anyone else.

But I just think it ironic how some are speculating whilst at the same time condemning others for speculating as this appears to go beyond debunking.

But carry on... I have had my little say.

I think a lot of people are upset by the TSA and other agencies, stop and /questions/searches etc. I was upset by a similar type of thing decades ago when the U.K gov started rolling out 'surveys', stopping people whilst driving and asking where they had been, why and where they were going.

I think a lot of people were upset by it because it stopped after a little while and I know full well that I refused to tell them on principle and I am sure a lot of others did as well and we had never heard of AJ and the internet was in its infancy then.

No one shot anyone else.

But I just think it ironic how some are speculating whilst at the same time condemning others for speculating.

Alex Jones may not explicitly call for violence, but his rants often come very close to alluding to that. When you demonize certain groups to the level of Nazis or claim that they are planning to enslave everybody, it is bound to have some level of repercussions.

There are lots of political pundits and some are more extreme than others, and Glenn Beck and Limbaugh have gotten a little carried away with rhetoric at times, but I think you would be very hard pressed to find someone as volatile as Alex Jones.

But I'm going to try a different approach.

Alex Jones' audience has been growing for the past several years. And as that audience grows so does the likelihood of Jones reaching an unhinged individual who might take his message in a violent direction.

Do you think that anti-Semitic rhetoric has ever lead to the murder of a jew?
Do you think that racist rhetoric has ever lead to the slaying of a black or hispanic person?
Do you think that anit-LGBT rhetoric has ever lead to the killing of a homosexual?

Now do you think that it is possible that frequent and extreme rants against the TSA could have lead to the death TSA employee?

Last edited:

No one shot anyone else.

But I just think it ironic how some are speculating whilst at the same time condemning others for speculating as this appears to go beyond debunking.

I think when people hysterically call for "something" to be done about an issue it could incite fatal activity.

There are lots of political pundits and some are more extreme than others, and Glenn Beck and Limbaugh have gotten a little carried away with rhetoric at times, but I think you would be very hard pressed to find someone as volatile as Alex Jones.

Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity: they have an audience vastly greater than Jones. When Gabrielle Giffords was shot in the head the idea that (whoever) was responsible in part for painting a fucking target on the woman's head online was put to one side. No, no. The shooter was a nutter. Nothing to do with Republicans painting targets on people.

I'm sorry to disagree so strenuously, but as much as I despise Alex Jones, his audience is tiny compared to the Fox pundits. And they are just as bad in many ways.

As people's mistrust, condemnation, and anger on any situation grows/continues....the likelihood of fanatical outbursts grow too.
Abortion....fanatical outbursts....
World politics/ideals....fanatical outbursts....
Religious beliefs....fanatical outbursts.....
Distrust in gov't....fanatical outbursts.....

This is why many are rightly concerned about a "chemtrail" fanatical outburst.

Last edited:
Ironically the suspect member who did the shooting, turns out to be a conspiracy nut himself:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...t-movement-propaganda-on-him-expert-says?lite

Clues on a possible motive for an armed assault at Los Angeles International Airport emerged Saturday, with reports that the suspect was carrying a “manifesto” associated with the antigovernment “patriot” movement and a note saying he intended to murder at least one Transportation Security Administration officer.

The Associated Press, quoting a law enforcement official briefed on the investigation, reported that suspect Paul Anthony Ciancia, 23, said in the note found in the duffel bag he carried into the airport on Friday that he wasn’t targeting a specific TSA employee.

“Black, white, yellow, brown, I don’t discriminate,” the note read, according to a paraphrase by the law enforcement official, who spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity.
Ciancia was charged Saturday with murder of a federal officer and commission of violence at an international airport. A federal criminal complaint said that Ciancia also shot at least two other uniformed TSA employees and a civilian passenger.

It was not immediately clear why Ciancia wanted to lash out at the agency, but a leading organization that tracks U.S. hate groups and extremist organizations reported Saturday that the suspect may have been influenced by propaganda of the antigovernment “patriot” movement and fringe conspiracy theories.

As reported Friday by NBC News, the suspect was carrying anti-government literature outlining an alleged conspiracy to create a single global government, possibly prepared by a group known as the "New World Order," when he opened fire on workers with the Transportation Safety Administration, killing one and injuring several others.
Content from External Source

I think when people hysterically call for "something" to be done about an issue it could incite fatal activity.
Right, we get it. So never stand up for what you believe in. Someone might view it as 'hysterical' and it could be dangerous.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jjmacnab/2013/11/03/patriot-movement-clues-in-lax-shooting/

According to law enforcement officials, when alleged shooter Paul Anthony Ciancia walked into the Los Angeles International Airport on Friday morning dressed in fatigues, his duffel bag contained a rifle, ammunition, and a one-page letter addressed to the Transportation Security Administration.

Sprinkled among the news reports that followed lay several clues about a possible motive for the shooting, and so far everything points to an act of domestic terrorism carried out by an ideologically driven member of the modern Patriot movement.

“Pissed off Patriot”: According to police, Ciancia referred to himself as a Patriot in his note. It’s important to keep in mind that members of this loose-knit movement have co-opted a common word associated with courageous and loyal values, and twisted the definition in an effort to paint themselves as heroic figures.

The Manifesto: When Timothy McVeigh bombed the Oklahoma City federal building in 1995, he carefully filled an envelope with pamphlets, articles, papers, and Founding Father quotes to explain his rationale for mass murder. When Joseph Stack flew his airplane into the Austin, Texas IRS building in 2010, he left a manifesto on his website. Patriots who commit violent acts know that their individual efforts are too small to effect real change, but hope to inspire others to engage the government violently as well.

Fatigues: Many Patriots assume military-style clothing, weapons, speech, and demeanor in an effort to wrap their activities in a layer of respectability and honor. After all, when American soldiers kill the nation’s enemies during war, they return home as heroes. Patriots believe that they too are at war, but their enemy is not a foreign nation or terrorist organization – it’s the U.S. government. They dress and act like soldiers so that they can feel like and be judged as brave warriors rather than as murderers.

The Firearm: The M&P15 (“Military and Police”) semi-automatic tactical rifle falls into the AR-15 class of weapons, which is preferred by Patriots for a number of reasons. Such guns are inexpensive, easy to shoot, accurate, customizable, and for a 10-year period starting in 1994, this type of rifle was banned by federal law, which gives the weapon a certain prestige among Patriot groups. Despite the M&P name, Smith & Wesson has actively marketed the rifle to civilian shooters.

TSA as a Target: The Transportation Security Administration is a relatively new agency, and is part of the Department of Homeland Security. According to the indictment, Ciancia wrote that he had “made a conscious decision to kill” multiple TSA employees, and indeed, he fired his weapon mostly at TSA agents, killing one, injuring others and injuring one airline passenger. While Patriots traditionally have not included the TSA on their list of enemies, considerable animosity and threats have been aimed at the IRS, the DHS, Federal judges, the FBI, the Federal Reserve, the ATF, FEMA, and the EPA in the past. According to one news report, Ciancia also lashed out at former Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano in his letter, calling her a “bull-dyke.”

Fiat currency/NWO: In his manifesto, Ciancia referred to “fiat currency” and the “NWO,” likely a reference to the New World Order conspiracy theory. Under this Patriot myth, when the U.S. government stopped backing the dollar with gold reserves, the power to create and control money was passed to a cartel of secretive international bankers, who continue to use their power today to keep all Americans in economic slavery. Jared Loughner had a similar fascination with fiat currency conspiracy theories.

Domestic Terrorism: And finally, according to the FBI, Ciancia was fairly explicit about his goals. He wrote that he wanted to “kill TSA and pigs” in order to “instill fear in your terrorist minds.” Once again, in the Patriot movement, language is key; a man who walks into a crowded airport and shoots several unarmed people isn’t a killer, he is a patriotic soldier in the epic battle against the terrorist organization called the U.S. government.

On November 2, 2013, Ciancia was charged with killing a federal agent and intentionally performing an act of violence at an airport, and faces a possible death sentence if he survives his injuries from the shootout with officers. Contrary to his efforts to make himself look like a patriotic hero, he’ll be judged by his acts rather than his words.
Content from External Source

Right, we get it. So never stand up for what you believe in. Someone might view it as 'hysterical' and it could be dangerous.

Do you not agree there are different levels of standing up for what you believe in? There is 1) writing a letter to your senator and 1,000,000) screaming hysterically about it on the airwaves day after day and imploring people to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!

Do you not agree there are different levels of standing up for what you believe in? There is 1) writing a letter to your senator and 1,000,000) screaming hysterically about it on the airwaves day after day and imploring people to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!
Only those 2 views? Or 999,999 different views in between? Hmm?

As a former Alex Jones devotee, I want to make clear that even though I believe Jones is incredibly irresponsible, I don't blame Jones for Alex Ciancia's murderous rampage. I believe people should be responsible for their own actions in spite of potentially negative influences. Even though I may have similar views to Ciancia regarding the TSA’s abridgment of our constitutional freedoms, I wouldn't for even a microsecond consider killing a TSA employee. And that’s the point. Although most people will not take Jones' rants to the extreme, some already have.

In my opinion, many of Alex Jones' rants are so over the top that they could easily inspire a deranged man to stop men like Bill Gates, who, according to Jones, is a "murdering eugenicist."

If Gates is believed to be a murdering eugenicist, why is it a stretch to think that some "true believer" might view killing Gates as a morally justified service to humanity?

Mick started this thread with comments from a Jones’ supporter: “Sandy Hoax Elementary School = The Boy Who Cried Wolf. Just another Govt production and false flag, lol! If it really was a TSA agent who died, good!”

Good? Good? Are you kidding me? No, Jones is clearly not directly culpable for this guy praising the killing of a TSA agent...but wouldn't a responsible human being begin to consider the impact he’s having on the less emotionally stable?

Jones is considered a patriot by many. I consider him dangerous. Martin Luther King stood against oppression and tyranny, but did you ever see him spew the kind of hateful venom that regularly emanates from Alex Jones’ mouth?

Last edited:
If you don't like being searched, don't fly. I don't see it as a violation of anyone's rights, since it's not a right to fly.

If you don't like being searched, don't fly. I don't see it as a violation of anyone's rights, since it's not a right to fly.

Thanks for totally misdirecting my point about Alex Jones, S.C.

Apparently you don't value your privacy a whole lot. Is there no point you'd draw the line as to what you'd consider a prudent search? Full body scanner for your wife? How 'bout body cavity searches? And why put words in my mouth? I never said anything about flying being a right. Neither is driving a car. So would you make the same flippant remark if, while traveling, you were stopped and subjected to illegal and invasive check-point searches? How about being detained for an hour long routine interrogation? Bureaucrats will always take whatever you give them, and then some.

Obviously I'm not as prone to giving up liberty for some false security, as you are. The TSA monster is way out of control.

Flying is not, privacy is.
Right on, AT.

Thanks for totally misdirecting my point about Alex Jones, S.C.

Apparently you don't value your privacy a whole lot. Is there no point you'd draw the line as to what you'd consider a prudent search? Full body scanner for your wife? How 'bout body cavity searches? And why put words in my mouth? I never said anything about flying being a right. Neither is driving a car. So would you make the same flippant remark if, while traveling, you were stopped and subjected to illegal and invasive check-point searches? How about being detained for an hour long routine interrogation? Bureaucrats will always take whatever you give them, and then some.

Obviously I'm not as prone to giving up liberty for some false security, as you are. The TSA monster is way out of control.

Right on, AT.
Still got one foot in that rabbit hole I see.

An awful lot of people consider the TSA to be a privacy invader, does this mean they all have a foot in the rabbit hole? I thought the man made some good, relevant points.

But as he also pointed out, this thread is now heading off in a different direction. His original points about Alex Jones and culpability were well made, and relevant to the discussion.

An awful lot of people consider the TSA to be a privacy invader, does this mean they all have a foot in the rabbit hole? I thought the man made some good, relevant points.

But as he also pointed out, this thread is now heading off in a different direction. His original points about Alex Jones and culpability were well made, and relevant to the discussion.
What he did was try and switch things around by asking a what if question to a scenario that isn't going to play out, except in the mind of a CTer.

Frankly they can look right up my butt if terrorists start hiding stuff there. Unless you regret not flying on 911.
You may allow people to look up your butt whenever they wish... that is your right... is it? :confused: S'pose it could be interpreted that way anyway....

However, you do not have the authority to grant that power on everyone else's behalf or criticise those who will not give up the right to not have their butts probed by anyone in a uniform or carrying a badge.

Your premise that 'If you don't want people probing your butt whenever they feel like it... then don't fly'... is an interesting proposition. Does it also extend logically to 'If you don't want people probing your butt whenever they feel like it... then don't drive or walk on the sidewalk or show yourself in public'. What about drinking in a bar? There have been bombs planted in bars before... perhaps there should be people at the door giving anal probes to all customers as they enter?

See statements such as the ones you just made, make people all the more worried and sickened about the way things are going. That some people (and you are not alone), are prepared to sacrifice any semblance of dignity and prostrate themselves totally with the cry 'Please protect me from these terrorists who have killed less people in the U.S over the last ten years than have tripped on a sidewalk and accidentally killed themselves... I will submit to anything you want'.

Some people would rather die than submit to such fascist actions and state terrorism.

Edit: I think this gels well with a previous post I made about some debunkers defending virtually anything the state does.

'Debunking should really be about getting rid of 'bunk', irrespective of where it originates... Government bunk, CIA/NSA bunk, Banker bunk, AJ bunk or David Icke bunk... it shouldn't matter. But I find some debunkers usually defend the status quo or 'orthodoxy'. If that is the case some radical 'debunkers' are largely defending the craziness of these crazy people, which seems pretty crazy in itself.

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/un...-regarding-information.2602/page-2#post-73638

Last edited by a moderator:

And I see that you've completely swallowed the blue pill, Soulfly. Yeah, I "switched things around" to make a point that you're apparently unwilling to consider. If there's no abridgment of your freedom that you wouldn't oppose, I feel sorry for you. It taints one's objectivity when one either blindly follows Jones or one kowtows to the ever-burgeoning demands of the state. Neither position is tenable or healthy.

I'm not going to dignify the wife as chattel comment. What is this, poor comedy hour? It appears like some have become overly defensive.

Thanks, ATC. Good comments. The point has gotten far off track.

And I see that you've completely swallowed the blue pill, Soulfly. Yeah, I "switched things around" to make a point that you're apparently unwilling to consider. If there's no abridgment of your freedom that you wouldn't oppose, I feel sorry for you. It taints one's objectivity when one either blindly follows Jones or one kowtows to the ever-burgeoning demands of the state. Neither position is tenable or healthy.

I'm not going to dignify the wife as chattel comment. What is this, poor comedy hour? It appears like some have become overly defensive.

Thanks, ATC. Good comments. The point has gotten far off track.
Lets go back there [...]. I asked a simple question to you, from that one question you deduced I was putting words in your mouth, you then turned around and did exactly what you were complaining about by saying you know what I value.

Than there is the, either I believe you or I have to believe the state conspiracy mind set.

I
You may allow people to look upt whenever they wish... that is your right... is it? :confused: S'pose it could be interpreted that way anyway....

However, you do not have the authority to grant that power on everyone else's behalf or criticise those who will not give up the right to not have their butts probed by anyone in a uniform or carrying a badge.

Your premise that 'If you don't want people probing your butt whenever they feel like it... then don't fly'... is an interesting proposition. Does it also extend logically to 'If you don't want people probing your butt whenever they feel like it... then don't drive or walk on the sidewalk or show yourself in public'. What about drinking in a bar? There have been bombs planted in bars before... perhaps there should be people at the door giving anal probes to all customers as they enter?

See statements such as the ones you just made, make people all the more worried and sickened about the way things are going. That some people (and you are not alone), are prepared to sacrifice any semblance of dignity and prostrate themselves totally with the cry 'Please protect me from these terrorists who have killed less people in the U.S over the last ten years than have tripped on a sidewalk and accidentally killed themselves... I will submit to anything you want'.

Some people would rather die than submit to such fascist actions and state terrorism.

Edit: I think this gels well with a previous post I made about some debunkers defending virtually anything the state does.

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/understanding-conspiracy-theorist-logic-regarding-information.2602/page-2#post-743638

What Do You Suggest For Airport Security? Breeze ThRough And Keep Your Fingers Crossed

I bet if you polled the people who complain the most about TSA and you got an honest answer you might find that the real reason no one likes them is they can't bring their stash on vacation anymore. :)

Had this brief interaction on Twitter:

(JtbuffBuff is the guy who makes all the "Mick West Debunked" videos.)

The linked video is of the dead (or possibly unconscious at that point) TSA worker being wheeled away from the terminal. They claim it looks like a dummy, presumably because he's dead, and the bright sunlight makes his lifeless right arm look unnaturally thin as it flops around, and they could not tell that the dark area on the left (his right) was blood.

Kirsten Meghan chimed in later saying it's all about taking away our guns.

She got very upset when I tried to explain that the definition of "reasonable search" is debatable under the constitution. A nuanced discussion of constitutional law was not to be had and she blocked me.

Basically it's just the standard "false flag" narrative promoted by AJ. And the usual nonsensical video analysis that we saw in Sandy Hook and Boston.

Lets go back there [...]. I asked a simple question to you, from that one question you deduced I was putting words in your mouth, you then turned around and did exactly what you were complaining about by saying you know what I value.

Than there is the, either I believe you or I have to believe the state conspiracy mind set.

[...] either extreme is inherently problematic. Becoming a conduit for the conspiratorialists is no less problematic than becoming a shill for the government. The question [...] is this. Is there anything the state has done or can do that you have or would object to?

It's difficult to believe that anyone living in the U.S. has not witnessed the state's encroachment and subversion of our freedoms since 9/11. But stranger things have happened. If we allow the threat of terrorism to chip away at our liberties, is there ever a point where you will say, enough is enough? Good luck with your blue pill world.

I'm done on this thread unless the discussion specifically pertains to Mick's original intent.

[...] either extreme is inherently problematic. Becoming a conduit for the conspiratorialists is no less problematic than becoming a shill for the government. The question [...] is this. Is there anything the state has done or can do that you have or would object to?

It's difficult to believe that anyone living in the U.S. has not witnessed the state's encroachment and subversion of our freedoms since 9/11. But stranger things have happened. If we allow the threat of terrorism to chip away at our liberties, is there ever a point where you will say, enough is enough? Good luck with your blue pill world.

I'm done on this thread unless the discussion specifically pertains to Mick's original intent.
I don't mind taking my shoes off when I fly. That doesn't make me a shill!
[...]

I

What Do You Suggest For Airport Security? Breeze ThRough And Keep Your Fingers Crossed
I suggest reasonable and prudent precautions which are not overly and unnecessarily invasive the same as I suggest reasonable surveillance on people who have given reasonable cause to warrant such surveillance... not every damn person on the internet or users of a phone or everyone who posts a letter.

Not dishing out visas to known terrorists is a good start.

Baggage checks and emptying of pockets is also good.
Not letting people on with boxcutters/sharps etc also helps

It also helps not to go around murdering millions of people in foreign countries and expecting them to put up with it IMO.

People know full well that the U.S and the west in general, have gone well over the top and are employing methods which the Stasi would have loved to have had at their disposal. People who exchange their rights for security, deserve neither. Those who defend the right of the govt to trample on its citizens are a disgrace IMO.

Millions died so that we wouldn't be subjected to these fascist extremes, to give up our freedoms is to say they died for nothing.

When terrorism has negated the public's rights, then they have won.

And what do you say about butt probing cavity searches all over the U.S?

http://www.secretsofthefed.com/armed-tsa-agents-now-patrolling-the-streets/
“The T.S.A., huh,” said Donald Neubauer of Greenville, Ohio, as he walked past the squad. “I thought they were just at the airports.”

With little fanfare, the agency best known for airport screenings has vastly expanded its reach to sporting events, music festivals, rodeos, highway weigh stations and train terminals. Not everyone is happy.

T.S.A. and local law enforcement officials say the teams are a critical component of the nation’s counterterrorism efforts, but some members of Congress, auditors at the Department of Homeland Security and civil liberties groups are sounding alarms. The teams are also raising hackles among passengers who call them unnecessary and intrusive.

“Our mandate is to provide security and counterterrorism operations for all high-risk transportation targets, not just airports and aviation,” said John S. Pistole, the administrator of the agency. “The VIPR teams are a big part of that.”

Last edited:
Millions died so that we wouldn't be subjected to these fascist extremes, to give up our freedoms is to say they died for nothing.

When terrorism has negated the public's rights, then they have won.

Rather hyperbolic Oxy. If they had won, they would stop. Clearly their intent was not just slightly more annoying security procedures. They want to stop US involvement in muslim countries.

I'm not saying that the airport security system is perfect. In fact I think it's badly flawed, and mostly theater. But it's not really a big deal to most people.

But maybe we could stay on topic here - conspiracy theories, false flags, etc?

Are those the only options? TSA body scanners or nothing? We have security in European airports too. In fact, the airports in Britain would never have allowed the 9/11 bombers through security as anything metal is flagged, and all luggage is x-rayed. I've no objection to taking my boots off every time I fly, or placing all my metallic objects into a tray to be scanned. I don't even mind when they do a pat-down when some part of my clothing sets off the alarm. And now that my left leg is packed with a metal plate and 10 bolts I set off the alarms in most airports. But anyone who wants to fondle my nuts should at least be on first name terms with me.

Standing up for what someone believes is okay, killing people for what they believe is not!
My post was quoting JRBids, who was talking about Alex Jones. I don't see him killing anyone, do you?
Besides, do you not believe in a country having an army?

Ciancia was not simply a crazy guy who randomly shot some random person. He quite deliberately went and killed a TSA worker (and intended to kill many more) to "instill fear into their traitorous minds."

So how exactly did he get the idea that TSA workers were traitors? It seems very likely that he got it by listening to something like the type of rhetoric that Oxy used above. Rhetoric that essentially equates TSA workers to something like guards at a Nazi concentration camp.

If he's just a crazy guy who killed someone, then who would have been his target if he'd not happened to hear repeated similar characterizations of TSA workers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back