• MH370 speculation has become excessive recently. Metabunk is not a forum for creating theories by speculation. It's a forum for examining claims, and seeing if they hold up. Please respect this and keep threads on-topic. There are many other forums where speculation is welcome.

Flight MH370 missing - Two passengers board with false ID

Soulfly

Banned
Banned
Missing flight with 227 passengers and 12 crew.
http://www.ibtimes.com/malaysia-air...rs-emerge-after-two-passengers-boarded-stolen
Two passengers used stolen passports to board the flight.

WeedWhacker

Missing flight with 227 passengers and 12 crew.
http://www.ibtimes.com/malaysia-air...rs-emerge-after-two-passengers-boarded-stolen
Two passengers used stolen passports to board the flight.

I have been following this story since yesterday, via Flight Aware:
http://flightaware.com/squawks/view/linked/email/alert/40633/

As yet, I have no firm opinion as to the cause of the downing of this airplane. I tend to think it's rather early to speculate, absent full facts.

EDIT: However, this thread is worth a watch.

WeedWhacker

Most defiantly too early to determine anything, the information just isn't there.

Yes, agreed. If you go to the FlightAware site that I linked, you will see extensive discussions, some of which I participated in....but keeping in mind that I tried only to deflect wild and ridiculous speculations.

Knowing what I know, there is less than 0.1% chance of mechanical failure. Other ideas occur to me:

Terrorism, i.e. a bomb

Suicide, i.e. Egypt Air 990

Or...an accidental "shoot-down".

(There may be more possibilities that haven't occurred to me)

One 'positive' aspect of this is the depth of the waters, where the airplane was lost. Not nearly as difficult as in the deep Atlantic Ocean, as was the case for Air France 447.

Stay tuned.

EDIT: A post from FlightAware which seems fairly pertinent:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/tr...-terrorism-fears/story-fniztvnh-1226848860442

More info, from the FA site:
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BiN32qFCEAAsBqH.jpg#twimg

And, I just realized that contrary to my earlier post, I have engaged in "speculation". So, I will attempt to focus on the (apparent) possible "conspiracy" about two suspicious passports. AND, as I "predicted" on the FlightAware site, a "conspiracy" always seems to crop up, with these major news events.....

Last edited:

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
well it don't take them long before they started up with the bunk

POSSIBILITY NUMERIC ORDERS OF MH370:
38 Malaysian Passengers : 3+8=11
29 employees from Freescale Semiconductors Factory : 2+9=11
March 8 = 8+3=11

But report from Freescale company says 20 staff missing not the above claimed 29 so numeric maths debunked

I'd recommend just ignoring nonsense like that. It's such obvious bunk that it debunks itself. Unfortunately all you do by debunking it is help spread the nonsense around.

Pete Tar

Senior Member.
I'm sure I saw someone already change that to 20 *executives* and emphasising that it produces products for high-grade military tech, but wiki mentions nothing of the sort.

Mark Barrington

The press release on the Freescale site doesn't provide much in the way of names or details, but to say that 12 of the employees are from Malaysia, and 8 are from China, which is not surprising for a flight between Malaysia and China. It's a terrible tragedy for the families involved, but I don't see any unusual involvement by Freescale.

http://media.freescale.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=196520&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1907348&highlight=

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Freescale came up on Infowars Prison Planet last year , seemingly hinting at RFID implants.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/worlds-smallest-chip-to-be-swallowable.html

Also mentioned in a Michael Hastings story:
http://planet.infowars.com/worldnew...-body-was-cremated-against-his-familys-wishes
If there are dots, someone will join them, randomness be damned!

NoParty

Senior Member.
We still don't know jack-squat.
Except that--this long in--the fate of the passengers is almost certainly catastrophic.

The passports angle definitely holds a bit of early intrigue…but could easily be a minor immigration issue.

In short, definitely still prudent to wait before jumping to any conclusions.

MikeC

Closed Account
Apart from the obvious safety issues, what I am surprised about is that stolen passports were apparently used to board the aircraft at all - I thought the numbers would be in all customs/immigration databases, and they would have been flagged when scanned at exit??

MikeC

Closed Account
Interpol have said that no-one checked their database of suspect passport numbers prior to the flight - see this article.

Apparently it is not actually common to do so at all - even without this disaster that has to be pretty damned stupid by a lot of countries!! :(

Last edited:

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Interpol have said that no-one checked their database of suspect passport numbers prior to the flight - see this article.

which would have to be a stupendous blunder at the best of times.........which this is not!

Only if it were standard practice at the originating airport, which it apparently is not.

Pete Tar

Senior Member.
There's probably a small percentage of people travelling on fake passports on normal flights that don't crash, it's only when they crash that it gets becomes obvious.

Soulfly

Banned
Banned
I'm sure we will get the full gambit of theories from analyzing photos, to saying it's all a hoax, to speculating on the passengers jobs/lives.

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh Heuer

I was just driving home listening to NPR and they mentioned a little more 'mystery' involving passengers. (Or would-be passengers I guess)

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/03/10/288518809/missing-planes-fate-still-a-mystery

Probably nothing of importance though since these folks never got on the flight, but I'm curious as to why they didn't get on.

Trigger Hippie

Senior Member.
I'm sure we will get the full gambit of theories from analyzing photos, to saying it's all a hoax, to speculating on the passengers jobs/lives.

...to claiming it's all a false flag operation. Don't forget the false flag theories:

*ALERT* Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 Mystery = False Flag = Global Biometrics Agenda Push - YouTube

I've been reading several reports that the use of forged travel papers is not uncommon in that part of the world. Apparently very popular in China.

MikeC

Closed Account
I was just driving home listening to NPR and they mentioned a little more 'mystery' involving passengers. (Or would-be passengers I guess)

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/03/10/288518809/missing-planes-fate-still-a-mystery

Probably nothing of importance though since these folks never got on the flight, but I'm curious as to why they didn't get on.

It is quite a common occurrence for a handful of passengers on a large a/c to not board and the bags to be removed - unaccompanied baggage has not been allowed for many years now.

reasons I've encountered include getting lost in the airport, being taken ill, or being "recalled" by urgent work or family concerns.

Bill

Senior Member.
The two passengers using stolen passports have been identified as Iranian nationals. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess their final destination was North Korea. Fly into China incognito and travel by land to North Korea leaving no record of them entering the country.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
The two passengers using stolen passports have been identified as Iranian nationals. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess their final destination was North Korea. Fly into China incognito and travel by land to North Korea leaving no record of them entering the country.

Looks more like they were simply illegal immigrants to Europe:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26525281

Bill

Senior Member.
Looks more like they were simply illegal immigrants to Europe:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26525281
I've since heard that but do you travel to Europe by way of Beijing?

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
It seems likely that this event will spawn a whole wave of conspiracy theories. I'm reluctant to get into it though, in the almost total absence of any real facts. But it might eventually warrant a new sub-forum.

MikeC

Closed Account
Cheap airfares can get you to lots of strange places. I flew to Oklahoma in 2000 - the cheapest fare was a "world" ticket where I had to pass through London - so my flight was Auckland-LA-Chicago-Okl (2 week course) then back to Chicago -London-San Francisco (visit sister)-Auckland.

WeedWhacker

Cheap airfares can get you to lots of strange places. I flew to Oklahoma in 2000 - the cheapest fare was a "world" ticket where I had to pass through London - so my flight was Auckland-LA-Chicago-Okl (2 week course) then back to Chicago -London-San Francisco (visit sister)-Auckland.

The beauty about that is how you can rack up Airline FF Mileage!!

Soulfly

Banned
Banned
I fear that my earlier post (#31) may have steered this particular thread in a wrong direction...there is cross-interest in MH370, but this thread is specific to the question of the "fake passports".

On that topic: Regardless of the "reason" for the apparent disappearance of MH370, it seems that the fact of these two falsified passports may be irrelevant. Still, it is a mystery.
I didn't really put the Passport in the title to debunk. It was just the most intriguing info at the time. I made the thread and stuck it in chitchat just because I know there a lot of pilots and aviation enthusiast here. Also figured it would spawn CTs for future threads.

WeedWhacker

Okay. I tried travelocity and was routed through the middle east.

'Expedia' versus 'Travelocity'?

Now, THAT'S an advert worth creating!!

(Sorry...all we need now is another "PriceLine" commercial with William Shatner, and my life will be complete. An epic battle, the 'Shat' in a duel with the 'Gnome'? One can dream.....).

Bill

Senior Member.
Watching Wolf Blitzer - Getting lots of uninformed speculation on this topic labeled as news.

Mark Barrington

Watching Wolf Blitzer - Getting lots of uninformed speculation on this topic labeled as news.
So, basically, you're watching cable news. CNN has to fill 24 hours a day. Actually, most of Wolf's guests are being fairly cautious, and most of the speculation is being driven by him.

WeedWhacker

I expect that many of the "24 Hour News Networks" feel compelled to fill airtime in any ways they can.

It rather makes a mockery of the word, and profession, of "journalism"

WeedWhacker

Again, since this is "Chit-Chat"...more unconfirmed, but from Reuters:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/...me=GCA-GoogleNewsUK&google_editors_picks=true

Take of it as you will.

Soulfly

Banned
Banned
That's pretty much what he does all the time. Even after his guest pretty much disagree with him he still tries to ask them the same stupid speculative questions.

Bill

Senior Member.
I expect that many of the "24 Hour News Networks" feel compelled to fill airtime in any ways they can.

It rather makes a mockery of the word, and profession, of "journalism"
CNN coverage - "There's no evidence of terrorism and experts are leaning against terrorism so lets talk about terrorism".

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Josh Heuer Flight mh370 independent group's new search location Flight MH370 8
Mick West MH370: Five Indian Ocean Runways found in Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah’s flight simulator Flight MH370 12
Rusty Far Eye flight MH370 Sorcha Faal Hoax Story Conspiracy Theories 5
Joe Flight MH370: China reports possible debris observed Flight MH370 51
derwoodii Flight MH370: Oil Rig Worker Mike McKay claims to spot plane crashing near Vietnam Flight MH370 50
Melbury's Brick Flight MH370 Depressurization Scenarios Flight MH370 117
TWCobra Flight MH370 Speculation Flight MH370 1227
Agent K Serpentine flight pattern over Los Angeles Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 18
Leifer USS Ford : leaked footage of UFO seen on flight deck [CGI] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 7
Priyadi Antipodal Flight Flat Earth 18
Mick West Explained: Jet Chasing UFO: X-45A and F/A-18B Formation Flight Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 6
Mick West Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 and 9/11's United Flight 93 9/11 6
Mendel Debunked: Air Map of the World 1945 is a flat Earth map Flat Earth 0
G Flight data for Flights 11 and 175 9/11 4
Mick West Inexperienced Pilot Recreating 9/11 Flight 77's Descending Turn into the Pentagon 9/11 30
inkwell American Airlines Flight 77 Missing from Bureau of Transportation Departure Report 9/11 12
inkwell American Airlines Flight 77 Aircraft Accident Package lists no. of Passengers/Fatalies as "Unknown" Conspiracy Theories 3
Mick West Explaining the 9/11 Murray St Engine from Flight 175 (N612UA) that hit WTC2 9/11 14
Mick West Halifax, NS: Regularly Spaced Gaps in Contrails [Ethiopian Flight 501] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 47
Whitebeard 'Strange' Flight Path on FR24 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 10
Mick West A Plane Flying Across the Face of the Sun, with Contrails [Virgin Flight 353] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
V Flight 93 Crash Physics - Fragmented Plane Buried in the Ground 9/11 10
TEEJ Contrails filmed from commercial flight over the Irish Sea - 6th May 2017 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Clouds Givemethewillies UK Flight Reporting 115,000 feet Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 5
psilyguy Flight Tracking Over Oceans and Emergency Landings Flat Earth 27
Trailblazer Jet Airways intercept video "UFO" (airliner, flight LH998 or LH66?) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 14
Trailblazer Identified: linear clouds seen from Virgin Australia flight ['morning glory'] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
Marin B Flight Radar 24 glitch? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 4
Mick West Explained: Chilean Navy "UFO" video - Aerodynamic Contrails, Flight IB6830 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 186
TWCobra A Flight over the Antarctic Sea Ice From Chile to Australia (QF28) Flat Earth 23
Mick West Relative Humidity at Flight Altitudes. Resources and Contrail prediction. Contrails and Chemtrails 11
steve holmes I'd appreciate help IDing this very odd contrail flight Contrails and Chemtrails 12
steve holmes I'm trying to ID the flight for this old photo of mine, Feb 19, 2014 5:25 pm Contrails and Chemtrails 5
steve holmes I can't ID this flight of Oct 5th [Alaska 577] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 6
Whitebeard EgyptAir flight MS804 Current Events 52
skephu Horizon Air Dash 8 making many circles from Seattle Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
c.eileen Help to ID a plane? [N90 - FAA Flight Inspection Aircraft] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 30
Trailblazer Unusual flight paths over SW England Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 12
JFDee New fuel dump "chemtrail" video [Munich, Thai Airways Flight 925] Contrails and Chemtrails 33
Mick West Flat Earth Theory Debunked by Short Flights (QF27 & QF28) From Australia to South America Flat Earth 276
TEEJ Belfast Observer Skywatch claiming that airliners do not appear on Flight Radar 24 - 10th March 2015 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Trailspotter Omega loop contrail over Toronto: Veni Vidi Volavi?.. [Likely Bombardier Test Flight from Montreal] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 27
TEEJ Gary Cameron Clydebank, Scotland Video, 1st May 2015- Claim of aircraft not being on Flight Radar 24 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 11
Mick West HAL47 and HAL9981 Two Hawaiian Flights Diverted to Oakland Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Efftup Issue with Flight Radar 24? General Discussion 10
Igrokush1 Plane with Yellow Tail over Redding, CA [Polar Air Cargo Flight] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 119
Mick West Flight BOE1 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
Mick West Hoax: Fuel Dump video on Facebook [Flight BA244 from Buenos Aires to London] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 181
WeedWhacker Build your own ADS-B Ground Station! For free premium FlightAware or FlightRadar service General Discussion 12
Mick West Solved: Portsmouth UK, "Alien Flight Path" UFO Contrail [Private Jet + Perspective] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 11
Related Articles

Related Articles