• MH370 speculation has become excessive recently. Metabunk is not a forum for creating theories by speculation. It's a forum for examining claims, and seeing if they hold up. Please respect this and keep threads on-topic. There are many other forums where speculation is welcome.

Flight MH370 missing - Two passengers board with false ID

Oh, I did it again! Two pilots, adding too much info! (To the wrong thread....derp).

I believe (for now) the "False I.D." aspect of this scenario, vis-a-vis the Iranians, can be discounted as a significant factor. Seems to be more a case of some people striving to escape a regime. However, this could be important later, as more details are revealed.

So far, I have been guilty of some speculation, albeit based on what I considered to be a few valid journalistic sources so far...BBC and Reuters. More time will no doubt reveal more facts.

That's not unexpected it doesn't stand up to more knowledgeable analysis, but it seems plausible to those who nothing of the actual technical realities.
At least it's not the usual amateur thriller pulp novel scenarios many are coming up with.

In a video game I play it's cheaper to get to Endor from Corellia by flying through Naboo instead of directly from Corellia. :)
Congratulations - You've earned a thousand nerd points. They are redeemable at the front desk.:D

Congratulations - You've earned a thousand nerd points. They are redeemable at the front desk.:D
/waves hand
Your nerd points are no good out here, I need something more, real!

With that said, I watched this last night. Not directly related to MH370 but still a good watch considering.

It seems perfect for people that like making up stories. Missing plane when planes have the best GPS etc. I am reading all sorts. Although my own inner conspiracy theorist is drawn to this theory.

China has deployed four warships, four coastguard vessels, eight aircraft and trained 10 satellites
Content from External Source
http://news.yahoo.com/nervous-regio...onse-missing-malaysian-122137838--sector.html

Basically that it is a cover for China and other nations mobilising for war and supporting actions. Apparently the USA and other countries have lots of ships etc there too.

GPS is good for telling you where you are. Nothing more.
The problem with the missing plane is, that information has not been passed to others (using a different sort of technology) since the pilot bid Malaysia's ATC farewell and good night.

Back