Debunking Humor...

I dont know if this should go in Humor, or have its own actual thread LOL... Someone out there created a really GOOD Hoax about putting your new iphone in the microwave to charge it. *long dramatic pause* I have no words.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...-Tells-iPhone-Users-to-Microwave-Their-Phones
Content from External Source
*EDIT.. and by good, I mean spot on hard to know its a fake at first glance.
I wonder how many people are going to fall for this, I'd imagine they'd have to be really young, and perhaps at a party for their first time as well. But we all know there will be that one individual who actually tries it. I can only imagine how the phone call will go with Apple Technical support. I would really love to be the person that gets that call

How did they get the background mountains and sky to stay the same?

Photoshop editing. However the hoax this time is backwards. The scary picture is real

Kevin Jorgesen, a climber since the age of 12, clings with fingertips to the face of El Capitan. On the right is the Thank God Ledge -- a 40ft-long sliver of granite on Half Dome and the only way to get beyond the Visor, a massive roof that looms over Half Dome's Regular Northwest Face route. Most people crawl, but Alex Honnold (pictured), who became a celebrity in 2008 when he first climbed the famed route without a rope, prefers to face the 1,800ft void beneath him. (Jimmy Chin/National Geographic Stock)
You can see the ledge at about 7:30 here:

Last edited:
However the hoax this way is backwards. The scary picture is real

Oh, dear!!! (I actually cringed....because I thought it was so....based on what I thought were some poor edges in the image....but my mind didn't want to envision a guy with no pitons and safety harness, on that tiny stone ledge....).

Adding: http://imgc.artprintimages.com/imag...cliff-in-canyonlands_i-G-30-3024-HNIBF00Z.jpg

No....not "humor" but just...well.....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! ;)

Sorry.....you'd think that a pilot wouldn't be afraid of heights...it's the "EDGE" thing that creeps me out! The possibility of falling, with nothing to help. With no "visible means of support". (Not even a parachute, FFS!!).

OK...sorry, this trended OT...out of my 'system' now....just had to say it.

Last edited:
Photoshop editing. However the hoax this time is backwards. The scary picture is real

Kevin Jorgesen, a climber since the age of 12, clings with fingertips to the face of El Capitan. On the right is the Thank God Ledge -- a 40ft-long sliver of granite on Half Dome and the only way to get beyond the Visor, a massive roof that looms over Half Dome's Regular Northwest Face route. Most people crawl, but Alex Honnold (pictured), who became a celebrity in 2008 when he first climbed the famed route without a rope, prefers to face the 1,800ft void beneath him. (Jimmy Chin/National Geographic Stock)
You can see the ledge at about 7:30 here:

I thought so, mainly because of the vertical growth of the trees at the bottom left of the pic. I have no shame in admitting that I'd be way too scared to attempt that :eek:

I think John Oliver is talented. He stood-in for Jon Stewart on "The Daily Show" when host Jon Stewart was off filming his 'soon-to-be-released' film (actually, ALREADY released....

He has his days.. he was a LOT funnier when he had Stewart playing as his straight man. he's funny in his own right when he hits it on the head (like above.. and with the Miss America thing) but there are more days than not that he kinda falls flat.. almost like he's trying too hard.

Colbert on the other hand.. got FUNNIER after he left The Daily Show.

Not to be a spoilsport, but this is the debunking humor thread. There's an infinite amount of other funny stuff on the internet.

Not to be a spoilsport, but this is the debunking humor thread. There's an infinite amount of other funny stuff on the internet.

You're right Mick, my apologies.. I come across things now and then that remind me of things that drive us batty here now and then.. Ill ease off a bit.

Yep.. you can taste colors and see sounds if you take LSD.. so this is TOTALLY legit. People have watched V ooooooone too many times.
I'm sure LSD does that, but the site truthism is basically promoting bunk, and the only way to access that bunk (reptilian aliens) is if you take drugs. Meanwhile the first 10 pages of the site tell you not to reason or question anything they promote. Perhaps they should've instructed people to take drugs before reading their web page, like a disclaimer at the top.

I'm sure LSD does that, but the site truthism is basically promoting bunk, and the only way to access that bunk (reptilian aliens) is if you take drugs. Meanwhile the first 10 pages of the site tell you not to reason or question anything they promote. Perhaps they should've instructed people to take drugs before reading their web page, like a disclaimer at the top.

LOL.. I know Jason, I was being sarcastic.. Im sorry I should have put an emote in there.

This here is an excellent riff on how CTs form. In this case, it is comedian Stephen Colbert (in his on-air persona) explaining how the mayor of New York, Bill de Blasio, 'offed' the Staten Island weather-predicting groundhog "Chuck" in a carefully planned (and covered-up) "rodenticide". ;)

http://www.dailynews724.com/politic...l-de-blasiorsquos-groundhog-died-h250688.html

On Thursday, the New York Post reported that a groundhog dropped by New York Mayor Bill de Blasio (D) at a public event in February had died, likely of injuries sustained in the fall. And not only that, the groundhog wasn't even much-beloved Staten Island Chuck. It was Charlotte the Groundhog, who was filling in because zoo officials were afraid that Chuck would bite de Blasio — just like he bit Mike Bloomberg.
Oh wait....that was an actual news report. If you can watch videos, prepare to be 'shocked' at how "deep" this plot, scheme and "cover-up" can go.....(and how a bit of humor and creativity can simulate the way that actual conspiracy "theories" might develop):

"The mysterious death of Staten Island Chuck"

Last edited:
'A pilot will, never ever ever, find the way back to the airport when shit happens, certainly not without a persistent chemtrail!'

Oscar Wilde on chemtrails.

Last edited:
"From pub to pub, I wonder how pilots do that?"

Oscar Wilde on chemtrails

Oh yeah, those British English kerbs! I watch formula 1 racing on the BBC, David Coulthard....apologize!

Last edited:
Back