Debunking Humor...

I think the title is ill-fitting & sensationalistic, but the article was mostly level-headed
he should have titled it " I had nothing meaningful to say on the anniversary of 9/11 so I decided to write a book called 'The sky is blue'.".

My boss believes that the US government has nuked the moon on several occasions because extraterrestrials are mining "our" (The United States') supply of Helium-3. That is only a temporary deterrent, however, as they keep returning, which is why their moon-mining operations are bombed over and over again by "us".

Oh yeah, the Chinese have military bases all over Northern Mexico, too. He was surprised I hadn't heard of THAT one. "You DO know about that, DON'T you?" :eek:

My boss believes that the US government has nuked the moon

Wrong! (The simple way to 'debunk' that claim is to take an account of ALL launches over the last several decades,,,,,easy enough to look up, online).

BTW He-3? Our Moon is certainly NOT the "only" source in this Galaxy!! Just ridiculous.

Wrong! (The simple way to 'debunk' that claim is to take an account of ALL launches over the last several decades,,,,,easy enough to look up, online).

BTW He-3? Our Moon is certainly NOT the "only" source in this Galaxy!! Just ridiculous.

Yes indeed, I know it's wrong, YOU know it's wrong, but...There is no convincing this fool. You do know there are secret government launches, don't you, WeedWhacker? :rolleyes:

Here's the thought process with this guy: Having told him essentially what you just wrote, about why 'they' would not need to come ALL THE WAY to our moon to get H-3, his response was "What would they be mining, then?" It's smash-your-head-into-a-wall-maddening! But, thinking back on it today, it made me laugh, so I thought to add it to the "Debunking Humor" forum :) Sounds like it kinda:mad: pissed you off though, WW

My boss believes that the Jews bombed the Twin Towers, but he also
loves my work, and that as a Jew, I can/will work on Christmas and Easter.
Sadly, and hilariously.......this is a very true story.

My boss believes that the Jews bombed the Twin Towers, but he also
loves my work, and that as a Jew, I can/will work on Christmas and Easter.
Sadly, and hilariously.......this is a very true story.
WOW. I don't know whether to laugh uncomfortably, or give you a hug. Or maybe both? Incredible.

EDIT: So he understands that you personally didn't bomb the WTC? Well, that's good, right?:eek:

Last edited:
It just occurred to me that toilets are shaped like alien heads, probably as a ploy to "accumulate" "acclimate" and "anesthetize" our senses to the real fact that Aliens exist......

toilet-shape.jpg Elongated VS Round Shape _Advance Bidet.jpg

Just Wow!

At the risk of displaying my "nerd level"...(elevating it even higher than previously)...please note the 'name'....Eloi Cole. (The 'strangely dressed young man').

(Hint: The "Eloi" are a fictional 'future' race created by H.G. Wells...in his novel, "The Time Machine"...in 1895).

Editing to add a poke-in-the-eye, just for humor's sake.....maybe "Eloi"s parents (in the future) had a wicked sense of humor themselves? Hmmm...?

Last edited:
At the risk of displaying my "nerd level"...(even higher than previously)...please note the 'name'....Eloi Cole. (The 'strangely dressed young man').

(Hint: The "Eloi" are a fictional 'future' race created by H.G. Wells...in his novel, "The Time Machine"...in 1895).

Editing to add a poke-in-the-eye, just for humor's sake.....maybe "Eloi"s parents (in the future) had a wicked sense of humor themselves? Hmmm...?

lol.. its not that.. we got the Eloi joke.. it was the responses from the poster and teh comment that have us worried.

These kinds of things always pull me out of comics. It's the Unicron problem: If a robot larger than your planet is close enough that you can ramp a car onto its face, your planet was already doomed long before he started punching it. The Matrix of Leadership will not save you.

Back