Debunked: Sandy Hook: Not Enough Tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adac

[Admin: Tread split off from the Emilie Parker thread. Retitled as debunked due to extensive testimony that different people react differently to grief. See below. ]

Sandy Hook shooting was generally really strange, press coverage and reports for example and the odd behavior of all the interviewed families (not a single real tear form ayn of the interviewed parents, not even red eyes from crying all day long).

Do you see a tear there on those pics? I don't. And on the other interviews with the other families is the same: No single REAL tear. Nothing. You can watch the videos they are all over the internet. You will not see a single real tear.

To look sad and to cry tears that is a huge difference.

What exactly are you comparing this to? Just your expectation of how wet their eyes should be? Or was there a similar situation where grieving parent had wetter eyes.

Frankly I think this conspiracy theory is quite ridiculous. I would not be at all surprised when some theorists realize this and start saying the theory was planted by the government to discredit conspiracy theorists.

What exactly are you comparing this to? Just your expectation of how wet their eyes should be? Or was there a similar situation where grieving parent had wetter eyes.

Well Mick, humans do cry with real tears when someone beloved dies, it's just what humans do after such a terrible loss. That is my experience, yes.

Frankly I think this conspiracy theory is quite ridiculous. I would not be at all surprised when some theorists realize this and start saying the theory was planted by the government to discredit conspiracy theorists.

Frankly, your thought is good and thinking is generally good, but the fact is there are no tears. So it might worth to debunk this fact/theory then in a own thread, what you think? :)

Well Mick, humans do cry with real tears when someone beloved dies, it's just what humans do after such a terrible loss. That is my experience, yes.

Frankly, your thought is good and thinking is generally good, but the fact is there are no tears. So it might worth to debunk this fact/theory then in a own thread, what you think? :)

I think not. Really the "there are no real tears" is just pushing things too far. Why don't you look at some photos from your own friends and relative's funerals, find some "real tears", and post them here so we can have a good comparison. Ideally find a relative of yours who lost a child, so you know the tears are real. Make sure to get some good close ups.

In respect of the politeness policy I'll try really hard to not call a jackass a jackass... or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
So because you can't see any tears in photos and video you say there were none and the whole things was a conspiracy to disarm the American people or some such?

What a tosser!

In respect of the politeness policy I'll try really hard to not call a jackass a jackass... or not.

Well you already did with this sentence, didn't you? That proves that politness is just simply not one of your qualities.

Look, all I did is say I did not see a single TEAR but saw a lot of family members looking sad and that is a huge difference not only in my opinion. (not to mention at least three of them even smiling in the interviews)
The picture you posted does also not show someone crying tears. It shows a person who screams.

I'm just staying with the facts here and I'm telling the truth, whether or whether not you want to see it.
It's not about blaming someone, it is just an observation.

As you posted a pic of the Sister, here is an interview with the S. Family: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpJzKKJzCc4 notice something?

Do you see a tear there on those pics? I don't. And on the other interviews with the other families is the same: No single REAL tear. Nothing. You can watch the videos they are all over the internet. You will not see a single real tear.

Saying this kind of thing,and then neatly insinuating another persons inhumanity in the next post.

Breathtaking hypocrisy.

Well you already did with this sentence, didn't you? That proves that politness is just simply not one of your qualities.

Look, all I did is say I did not see a single TEAR but saw a lot of family members looking sad and that is a huge difference not only in my opinion. (not to mention at least three of them even smiling in the interviews)
The picture you posted does also not show someone crying tears. It shows a person who screams.

I'm just staying with the facts here and I'm telling the truth, whether or whether not you want to see it.
It's not about blaming someone, it is just an observation.

As you posted a pic of the Sister, here is an interview with the S. Family: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpJzKKJzCc4 notice something?

Yes, I notice a family remembering a lost loved one, just a few days after she died.

Have you never had someone close to you die? No everyone cried 24 hours a day, and if they do, then they don't go on TV.

Have you never been to a funeral or memorial? People sometimes laugh, they tell jokes, they tell stories about the person that make them smile. It's part of the process.

I'm sorry there are not enough close-ups of actual tears to convince you. But really that's entirely your problem.

Have you never been to a funeral or memorial? People sometimes laugh, they tell jokes, they tell stories about the person that make them smile. It's part of the process.

I agree with you on this one Mick, it is indeed like that. I agree also that probably the strongest parents/ family members are the one who do give interviews at all. However for me it seems to be somehow "unreal" that not at least one of them breaks out in tears.

I'm sorry there are not enough close-ups of actual tears to convince you. But really that's entirely your problem.

No that is not true: it is not the case that there wouldn't be to less close ups.
There are plenty enough interviews and pics of closest family members I've seen now.

If you have seen the videos and the pics as well, for the sake of the facts, you have to admit: there are no tears. That is all I'm saying no conspiracy theory attached.

If you have seen the videos and the pics as well, for the sake of the facts, you have to admit: there are no tears. That is all I'm saying no conspiracy theory attached.

Well, it certainly sounds like a conspiracy theory. Other people are using the "no tears" as "evidence" for a conspiracy. So if that's not your intent, then I'm really a bit bemused as to why you would bring it up.

You don't need to explain though, I'd prefer it if you just stop.

- Because I like "Investigations"
- Because I want to show that society is somehow behaving odd
- Because I'm interested in facts

let's just stop here Mick it is fine for me. (You don't necessearly need to make this post public it is enough when you read it.)

To the man who claims there are not enough tears...I have more than two close friends and family members that have lost children. People handle grief differently. And people that have lost a child and are in the public eye should have their own category. They just lose their child and then are all of a sudden, without even a moment to think, are bombarded by the press, hounded for interviews, photographed, talked about, and analyzed. Not a moments piece. How could it all seem real enough with all of that going on. You wanna see their tears? Go to their house when they are tucking in two daughters instead of three, or when they are waking up in the morning after the funeral is over and the media gone. Starting their first normal day of the rest of their life and realize there is one less head to brush, face to wipe, kiss to give, and goodbye to say before work. There you will see unimaginable pain. Then it becomes real. Some people go to a doctor and are prescribed medication to supress feelings and control emotions just to get through. A parent losing a child is the ultimate loss. Who are we to tell them how they should feel, when they should cry, that smiling or laughing is inappropriate. Those moments will be far and few between for all of those parents. Those moments should be cherished. Those grieving should not be made to feel guilty for having one brief moment where their mind wasn't focused on the fact that their worse nightmare had come true.

This is not a matter of Emily looking like Madeline or vice versa. Look at the photo that appears on MSNBC's post. You're daughter just died while you were in school. And the pres wants to take a photo with the mourning family?!?! Are you out of your freaking mind? And on top of that, look at how happy they look. Forget the tears, look at their damn SMILES!! The shooting was staged end of story.

Bottom line for me is the unrealistic and shocking cavalier behavior of some of these parents. REAL parents would not be smirking or laughing within hours of their child being riddled with bullets in their own classroom. REAL PARENTS and not actors would not even be doing media shots like Parker did. They would be sedated. They would be too devastated to even function let alone laugh, smirk or send their surviving kids to frolick and goof off for photo ops with Obama. NO WAY. Thats how I KNOW this is all fraudulent.

Bottom line for me is the unrealistic and shocking cavalier behavior of some of these parents. REAL parents would not be smirking or laughing within hours of their child being riddled with bullets in their own classroom. REAL PARENTS and not actors would not even be doing media shots like Parker did. They would be sedated. They would be too devastated to even function let alone laugh, smirk or send their surviving kids to frolick and goof off for photo ops with Obama. NO WAY. Thats how I KNOW this is all fraudulent.

You don't KNOW anything about this, in my opinion. You THINK these are not REAL PARENTS, and that is sad. Your THINKING is unrealistic and shockingly cavalier, and shows a lot of disrespect for REAL PARENTS who have lost their children.

But REAL parents are able to laugh, even if it is out of a need for release. Why would they need to be sedated? I suggest you maybe read some texts on grief rather than pollute the internet with your ill informed nonsense.

I just happened upon the Sandy Hook hoax video on youtube and it made me sad and disappointed that people would even consider this. So I googled the Emilie picture and found my way here.

All this talk about how you're supposed to act when you lose a love one is ridiculous.

It's in no way shape or form similar to losing a child but we just had to put down a dog who was loved and part of the family. I'm astonished by the emotions that I felt and amazed how my wife reacted. Initally we both shed many tears but by that same night I began coming to terms with it and I was feeling much better. I began to remember how much joy he brought to our lives and was actually smiling which was strange because only a handful of hours earlier I was crying. My wife on the other hand fared a bit worse. She cried for a few days off and on but still had moments of happieness inbetween. I made it my job to get her to smile during the first couple days.

My point is people deal with greif differently as mentioned before and I don't find it odd to see families smiling after losing a loved one while they speak about and remember the good times.

You don't KNOW anything about this, in my opinion. You THINK these are not REAL PARENTS, and that is sad. Your THINKING is unrealistic and shockingly cavalier, and shows a lot of disrespect for REAL PARENTS who have lost their children.

Really. How insulting. You assume I know NOTHING of grief? My niece was murdered in 1998. Not my child and not nearly in horrific a way as being shot in a classroom and I was sedated for 3 days due to shock and trauma. There was NO way I could have appeared on TV within 24 hours let alone laughed or joked. This is ridiculous!!!

Do you even have kids? Do you understand that people grieve differently? Were you there to see? How DARE you judge/question how a parent should look when they have just lost a child?

This is my first post as "Unregistered". It will be my only one, as I have no intention of sticking around, and will register if I change my mind.

I don't know what the rules are on profanity here, but to those commenting on the "unnatural" responses of grieving parents, I have to say a big, fat "fuck you". I lost a child at birth five years ago. I'd had a long labour, an emergency c-section, and developed a raging systemic infection (complete with a nasty infection at the incision site), in addition to fairly severe anemia. I was physically unable to walk, and could barely stand up, for well over a week. I had all the grief of losing a much wanted child piled on top of that. And...I didn't cry all that much. When the tears came, they'd often go on for a long time (can recall crying jags of well over an hour, despite the physical pain they caused). But, sometimes, they didn't come. Sometimes, I'd be talking to a friend, and chatting, and laughing, like everything was okay. A couple times, I could even talk about it without breaking down. Other times, I couldn't. And, my husband, who was grieving just as much as I was...he functioned. He rarely cried, and always in private. He kept house, nursed me, and looked after the kids while I was physically incapacitated. Most of the time, you couldn't have guessed in a million years that this man had just lost a child. Once I was physically back on my feet, I was more or less the same way - most of the time. I had three other children to look after, and things that *needed* to be done.

I'm not "unnatural" for being able to laugh sometimes, even when I was going through my own personal hell. My husband isn't "unnatural", because he was able to function and take care of his family, instead of being sedated. I don't give a damn what your conspiracy theories may be - judging the way other people grieve is the act of a heartless (or extremely immature), shallow jerk. I wouldn't wish what we went through on my worst enemy.

Tell me, was I only a "real parent" when I fell apart over a "baby's first Christmas" (our son was born in November) stocking while shopping for our other kids? Or, was I also a real parent when I didn't? A part-time real parent, maybe?

You arrogant, judgmental, unfeeling jerks really, really need to get over yourselves.

I have to come on here and say that it is hard to believe all this. How could someone do something so horrible to these families? Naturally people want to find an explination for all of it. As far as the facebook I don't know, it could be all made up. But what I do know is that Dec 9, 2007 I became a shooting victim. I was shot 7 times and left for dead. In fact, I was not suposed to live through the night, but some how I did. Now having said that, my parents were very upset when it happend. But my dad and I have always been the time to try to look past the hurt and pain and try to find happiness. Some people were very upset at the fact that he and I were joking and laughing while I was in critical condition, but that's just how we are. I know he was very upset because he did not know at first if I would make it or not. But my dad was himself, not teary eyed and emotional. We all deal with tradgic things differently, and even the ones who do cry try to put on a brave face infront of others. So for some to judge or say it's all false because they do not see "real" tears is wrong! These families have suffered enough without that type of judgement. If you want to criticize something then criticize the crap job the media does. Lord knows they had 3 different versions of what happend to me circulating. So even though that was an isolated event, was that also a conspiracy? I think not!

What have we learned today, Metabunk?

Well, today we've learned that grief is NOT a highly personal, individually-variable response to tragedy. Rather, it is a *performance* for others' benefit, to be graded and critiqued like a Broadway musical.

I have to laugh at the whole "they didn't cry, so they aren't grieving and so, therefore, it's all fake". Give me a break.

I was 19 when my Mom died. The day my Mom passed away, I didn't break down and cry immediately. Actually, I forced myself to cry (and felt fake/embarassed doing so) because I felt like it was something I needed to do, but I felt nothing. My mind was in shock. I was completely numb. The night of my Mom's death, the family sat around and laughed and told stories. We watched a movie and ordered Chinese. The next day, my Dad, sisters and I went shopping (for funeral attire) and out to eat and had a nice time together. We didn't cry when we were together. My friends would call me and offer sympathy for my loss and I was like "Oh, no. It's okay, really" -- like I had just lost a goldfish, and not a parent. My sisters and I worked on a collage for her memorial service and we laughed and joked around while we looked at pictures. I didn't cry. The day of her funeral, I didn't cry. I needed to. But, in a way, I held it in and instead, I smiled. A few days after her funeral, it all hit me at once and I spent the next couple of weeks/month or two crying every night in bed over her loss.

That is how I grieved. My mind had a hard time processing the fact that my Mom had died. I didn't believe it. I knew my Mom was gone, but deep down I kept telling myself "Nope, she'll just walk in the door or call me and this will have been nothing but a nightmare."

Not everyone grieves the same and it's very easy to say "If I lost so and so, I'd be crying non-stop" or assume everyone functions that way. I've seen the video of Emilie Parker's Dad "getting into character" and pretending to be sad talking to the press. I genuinely believe he was sad. Personally, I feel like he was just mentally preparing himself to talk about his daughter and taking deep breaths. Weeks after my Mom died, it was easy for me to have a casual conversation with someone and smile, but the minute someone brought up my Mom, I had to take a second to compose myself. My whole demeanor, tone would change. It's normal.

I found my mothers dead body when I was 12 years old...I remember running around and laughing and playing with my friends AT her funeral...sure she was not my child..but she was my mother and I FOUND HER! I actually remember not even REALLY crying or it hitting me for a few weeks after the incident...who are you to say how someone else takes another death? am I a mother? sure am, I have a 3 year old little girl and an almost 2 month old baby boy.

as for the people who debunk these theory's...KEY WORD theory..none of you have ACTUAL EVIDENCE that this stuff is staged..anyways thanks to the debunkers..
I would request the facebook pages of the victims debunked too...people saying they were made before the shooting.

I have to laugh at the whole "they didn't cry, so they aren't grieving and so, therefore, it's all fake". Give me a break.

I was 19 when my Mom died. The day my Mom passed away, I didn't break down and cry immediately. Actually, I forced myself to cry (and felt fake/embarassed doing so) because I felt like it was something I needed to do, but I felt nothing. My mind was in shock. I was completely numb. The night of my Mom's death, the family sat around and laughed and told stories. We watched a movie and ordered Chinese. The next day, my Dad, sisters and I went shopping (for funeral attire) and out to eat and had a nice time together. We didn't cry when we were together. My friends would call me and offer sympathy for my loss and I was like "Oh, no. It's okay, really" -- like I had just lost a goldfish, and not a parent. My sisters and I worked on a collage for her memorial service and we laughed and joked around while we looked at pictures. I didn't cry. The day of her funeral, I didn't cry. I needed to. But, in a way, I held it in and instead, I smiled. A few days after her funeral, it all hit me at once and I spent the next couple of weeks/month or two crying every night in bed over her loss.

That is how I grieved. My mind had a hard time processing the fact that my Mom had died. I didn't believe it. I knew my Mom was gone, but deep down I kept telling myself "Nope, she'll just walk in the door or call me and this will have been nothing but a nightmare."

Not everyone grieves the same and it's very easy to say "If I lost so and so, I'd be crying non-stop" or assume everyone functions that way. I've seen the video of Emilie Parker's Dad "getting into character" and pretending to be sad talking to the press. I genuinely believe he was sad. Personally, I feel like he was just mentally preparing himself to talk about his daughter and taking deep breaths. Weeks after my Mom died, it was easy for me to have a casual conversation with someone and smile, but the minute someone brought up my Mom, I had to take a second to compose myself. My whole demeanor, tone would change. It's normal.
My mother recently passed away and I was so upset with my self because other then a little tears I really haven't cried ? I asked my self why ? Iv been to many funerals and cried my eyes out . but not this time . maybe one day I will break down and cry over her passing . So its hard to judge someone else s emotions .:(

"I was 19 when my Mom died. The day my Mom passed away, I didn't break down and cry immediately. Actually, I forced myself to cry (and felt fake/embarassed doing so) because I felt like it was something I needed to do, but I felt nothing."
Ok, stress or reaction to trauma can be delayed, fair enough but, each performance by every parent interviewed is spot on the same?

I would expect to see what you described above, but not from everyone since we all handle stress and trauma differently. I should be seeing natural differences from these people as individuals in their reaction to the trauma. It all seems so clean and neat, the footage at the scene, the interviews and aftermath.

Then there is this, out of 12 of the most deadliest mass shootings in US history, 6 have occurred since 2007

Today I am finding this under a massive googlebomb campaign on "Gene Rosen being harassed by conspiracy nuts".

Cue Gene, 1, 2, 3, roll tape- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z7K046MwZA

Actually, If you look carefully, there isn't any evidence that this woman is actually screaming. She may in fact be simply pretending to scream for the picture.

You see how ridiculous we can make this?

I lost my mom when I was 20. My siblings and I were emotional roller-coasters, crying one minute and laughing the next. These conspiracy theorists have obviously never lost a loved one.

I know her family. they are real. I know it's tough to imagine that something like this can happen to completely innocent people for no reason whatsoever but IT DID. THEY ARE NOT ACTORS. THEY WERE NOT HIRED.

ENOUGH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKWgCRBR5qE

Can someone explain this. I doubt the shooting was staged, but I do think the media gets actors like this. Also was watching Anderson Cooper today and they were just bashing a prof who said that actors were hired to cry and stuff for this shooting. Feel bad for the prof now since he will probably lose his job and get tons of hate for no good reason.

Well since the chief complaint is that there were no tears shed I say they should ask for the money back they "paid" these people to act grief stricken.
Some people are sicker than the kid who did this to everyone even say this stuff. Lots of people apparently needing psychological care. Scary thing is they can buy assault weapons and high capacity clips and drums.

@Mick

You're going to disregard some people's assumptions upon how others should react when their loved one pass away, and then conclude that not showing "enough tears" or by laughing and joking is the way others grieve? Sure, that may be true, but you also don't know these people. Conspiracy theory or not, you can't righteously conclude on how her parents grieved through this based on your experiences or lack thereof.

It's a bit contradictive and I can't help but feel you're easily manipulated and deceived by a higher power. And, there's really no way to prove you otherwise because you can't provide enough evidence to the contrary either other than what the "media" has shown....

I want to know why, if Emilie Parker died or not, WAS HER FATHER LAUGHING BEFORE GOING ON FILM AND MAKING HIMSELF CHOKE UP FOR CAMERA?!

do you have children? have you ever lost someone who was apart of you? child, parent? I am a mother of 2...I could not even tell you how my emotions would be if I lost one of them. All I can say is when I found my moms body at 12 I was in complete denial...I had to force myself to cry when the officer told me she was dead...I didn't cry at her funeral..I remember running around and laughing with my friends..even when the priest was talking NOTHING! I didn't cry until about 2 weeks later when it finally hit me that she was gone...
something as tragic as what happened here..you would be an EMOTIONAL roller coaster...what do you expect him to never smile or laugh? is he in your eyes suppose to constantly cry and sob for ever? who are you to say how someone is suppose to act? why do you think the wife was not talking? maybe SHE was crying so bad she couldnt speak, ever think of that? how come ALL parents didnt do this??? SOME PEOPLE ARE STRONGER THEN OTHERS! some people handle these things better then others...does not make them fake or insincere. It makes them human.

This is the most ridiculous thing. A little girl is dead, and you are trying to turn it into a conspiracy theory. This is sick and so so wrong. What's really strange here isn't the shooting, but how people seem to find glee in the deaths, and trying to claim that parents of children who died are lying. Please take a moment to think how you would feel if your child or a loved one was dead, and people were criticizing you for not crying. There is such a thing as being strong for the public, for the remaining children, and even for the children who lost their lives.

do you have children? have you ever lost someone who was apart of you? child, parent? I am a mother of 2...I could not even tell you how my emotions would be if I lost one of them. All I can say is when I found my moms body at 12 I was in complete denial...I had to force myself to cry when the officer told me she was dead...I didn't cry at her funeral..I remember running around and laughing with my friends..even when the priest was talking NOTHING! I didn't cry until about 2 weeks later when it finally hit me that she was gone...
something as tragic as what happened here..you would be an EMOTIONAL roller coaster...what do you expect him to never smile or laugh? is he in your eyes suppose to constantly cry and sob for ever? who are you to say how someone is suppose to act? why do you think the wife was not talking? maybe SHE was crying so bad she couldnt speak, ever think of that? how come ALL parents didnt do this??? SOME PEOPLE ARE STRONGER THEN OTHERS! some people handle these things better then others...does not make them fake or insincere. It makes them human.

No I don't have children, and I'm not saying the entire thing was fake. I do believe the shooting happened, but I also believe the government used it to their advantage. I also understand that you'd be an emotional roller coaster and people react differently, but that man was ridiculous acting. Anybody watching that should be DISGUSTED. You know something's up when the New's channels are more occupied talking about the guns used and going on about it being a "Record Shooting" than the children who were killed....that's just showing, and begging, someone to top it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back