Debunked: Global Dimming vs. Global Brightening, as evidence for Geoengineering or Chemtrails

Jay Reynolds

Senior Member.
Mick, I can't seem to open the posting guidelines, actually almost nothing seems to open. I did manage to get the "whats new' button to work and as it just so happens I've had the following article on my desk top for a bit awaiting an opportunity to go over it more thoroughly. Great article from Gavin Schmidt over on realclimate about global dimming. Gavin was one of the authors of the IPCC who started a great blog if your interested.

See
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2005/01/global-dimming/

Yes, Schmidt did write that piece about the BBC documentary on global dimming back in January of 2005. At the time, research showed that some dimming had taken place between the 1960's and 1990, fifteen years before.

But things change.

By May of 2005, realclimate had reviewed other research recently published which showed that global brightening had turned the dimming trend around during the preceding decade.

Global Dimming may have a brighter future
Filed under:
— william @ 15 May 2005 - ( )
A while ago, we wrote about Global Dimming – a reduction in downward solar radiation of about 4% or about 7W/m2 from 1961 to 1990 was found at stations worldwide. We said at the time that there were hints of a recovery underway post-1990; now research has been published showing this. From Dimming to Brightening: Decadal Changes in Solar Radiation at Earth’s Surface by Martin Wild et al. (Science 6 May 2005; 308: 847-850; subscription required for link) uses surface measurements; Do Satellites Detect Trends in Surface Solar Radiation? by Pinker et al., Science 2005 308: 850-854 uses satellites; both find a recovery of surface downward radiation since about 1990.

So, both ground stations worldwide and satellite measurements had been found to show a brightening after decades of dimming.

Further research has shown that there is a "persistent variability" but an increase in both atmospheric transmission of solar output to the surface and a decrease in
aerosol optical density. The latest figures (2012) show this:

mauna loa3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jay Reynolds

Senior Member.
well its 90 in florida and our skies looked the same Jay ? Not exactly as cold as Denmark ? and if he seeing ice doesnt that mean there is something that the ice has formed around ? Like particles or condensation nuclei ?
As far as I know, Denmark is surrounded by the sea just like Florida. The main source of cloud condensation nuclei on earth is the sea:
aerpsp;s.jpg

No need for "dirty fuel" or anything else. mother earth provides.

J

Joe

So you think there's a massive covert operation which has been going on for years with the sole intent of possibly warming the planet a little bit?
IMO yes . or cooling which could explain the 15 years of cooling despite the rise in co2 ?

cloudspotter

Senior Member.
IMO yes . or cooling which could explain the 15 years of cooling despite the rise in co2 ?

As I understand it the current thinking is the net effect of persistent contrails is a small amount of warming. Seems like an awful lot of effort for little effect.

J

Joe

As I understand it the current thinking is the net effect of persistent contrails is a small amount of warming. Seems like an awful lot of effort for little effect.
Thats what I was told cooling during the day by shading and a blanket at night to hold in the heat .

SR1419

Senior Member.
thanks I forgot about that post , I dont think I can convince anyone here or they convince me otherwise .

I find that curious. Have you re-read that thread? if not, you should. You have been exposed to very compelling arguments combined with very compelling evidence that persistent contrails are not a deliberate attempt at Geo-engineering...and yet still you cling to that myth.

Why? Are you immune or opposed to amending your opinions or beliefs...just immutable dogma?

TomC

Really did you know the lower picture is a persistent contrail ? Not exactly a normal cloud . But thanks for the pdf Ill look it over and use it .

Most people would describe contrails as normal, and aren't suspicious or afraid of them. They are a perfectly normal consequence of our universe's laws of physics and burning fuel in the upper atmosphere. They have been known about since planes began flying at high enough altitude and actively researched for over 60 years.

They are included in the link I gave you, page 166 (168 in the electronic file) note the dates the photographs were taken.

J

Joe

Most people would describe contrails as normal, and aren't suspicious or afraid of them. They are a perfectly normal consequence of our universe's laws of physics and burning fuel in the upper atmosphere. They have been known about since planes began flying at high enough altitude and actively researched for over 60 years.

They are included in the link I gave you, page 166 (168 in the electronic file) note the dates the photographs were taken.
Im not afraid of them because I know they are just artificial clouds . Ill look it over later after work :)

J

Joe

I find that curious. Have you re-read that thread? if not, you should. You have been exposed to very compelling arguments combined with very compelling evidence that persistent contrails are not a deliberate attempt at Geo-engineering...and yet still you cling to that myth.

Why? Are you immune or opposed to amending your opinions or beliefs...just immutable dogma?
Call me stubborn

JRBids

Senior Member.
No actually its not hotter in the summer and been cooler than most . it averages 90 in the peak of summer it just last longer plus the cost of living is much lower and less crowded at least than Smithtown and Hauppage . I haven't been back to the Island since 1998 and wouldnt care if I ever returned . Maybe just Montauk :)

I hear ya, that's why I live on the North Fork. :)
Smithtown and Hauppauge are like Queens to me!

George B

Extinct but not forgotten Staff Member
Hmmmm . . . I have often thought that persistent contrails are an excellent tool to use the troposphere as a real time laboratory . . . allow unrestricted proliferation of contrails, contrail induced cirrus clouds and cloud bank blooms and do the appropriate data collection and analysis . . . good stuff!!

scombrid

Senior Member.
Full deployment appears to have occured around 2009/2010 era, this only gives to 2010.

I've lived in Florida since 2004. I work an outdoor job and I paddle my kayak or surfski on the river or ocean nearly every day or about 6000km per year. I'm outside a lot and pay close attention to the weather for safety reasons and as a hobby. I have not seen a change in the sky.

I grew up in Virginia. Skies there now do not look different from when I was a living up there.

I think it is on you to find data that supports your claim.

KC-10FE

Senior Member.
I am not an expert on this by any means, just looking for some advice on this statement made to me today:

"Alternatively conduit 200 may be used to provide gasses and particulate into the atmosphere in an attempt to influence global warming or global cooling. It has been shown that certain gasses and/or particulate in the air may reflect incoming sunlight thereby reducing the amount of heat absorbed by the earth. Also, it has been shown that certain other gasses and/or particulate in the air may tend to trap heat close to the Earth's surface, thereby increasing the amount of heat absorbed by the Earth. By controlling the amount and type of gasses and/or particulate placed into the atmosphere, it may be possible to control to some extent the heating of the Earth."

I researched Conduit 200, and it didn't bring up anything, your thoughts?

Belfrey

Senior Member.
I am not an expert on this by any means, just looking for some advice on this statement made to me today:

"Alternatively conduit 200 may be used to provide gasses and particulate into the atmosphere in an attempt to influence global warming or global cooling. It has been shown that certain gasses and/or particulate in the air may reflect incoming sunlight thereby reducing the amount of heat absorbed by the earth. Also, it has been shown that certain other gasses and/or particulate in the air may tend to trap heat close to the Earth's surface, thereby increasing the amount of heat absorbed by the Earth. By controlling the amount and type of gasses and/or particulate placed into the atmosphere, it may be possible to control to some extent the heating of the Earth."

I researched Conduit 200, and it didn't bring up anything, your thoughts?
It's a quote from patent US20080257977, describing a structure (like a huge tower or standing pipe) that would introduce materials into the atmosphere at high altitude, for various purposes.

KC-10FE

Senior Member.
It's a quote from patent US20080257977, describing a structure (like a huge tower or standing pipe) that would introduce materials into the atmosphere at high altitude, for various purposes.

Ah thanks, so not related to chemtrails, it looks like a patent for a device to combat global warming.

Bill

Senior Member.
Ah thanks, so not related to chemtrails, it looks like a patent for a device to combat global warming.
Does anyone know if the super chimney ever made it out of application status? I can't find anything showing "granted" status.

cmnit

<snip>

Further research has shown that there is a "persistent variability" but an increase in both atmospheric transmission of solar output to the surface and a decrease in
aerosol optical density. The latest figures (2012) show this:

<snip>

Jay, could you please specify the article source with those very interesting graphs in 2012? Thanks!

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
skephu Debunked: Decline in Global Relative Humidity [It's Increasing] Contrails and Chemtrails 9
Mick West Debunked: AnonSec's NASA Hack, Global Hawk Hijack, Evidence of Chemtrails [Public Domain Data] General Discussion 32
Mick West Debunked: English Young Father Assaulted by Muslim Mob in Baildon, UK [White Youths] General Discussion 12
Pete Tar Debunked: Most recent NASA study shows ice growth in Antartica Science and Pseudoscience 15
skephu Debunked: Massive US Senate Document On National And Global Weather Modification Contrails and Chemtrails 33
Mick West Debunked: The Science Claims of Global March Against Chemtrails and Geoengineering Contrails and Chemtrails 4
CapnPegleg Debunked: 10 Signs The Global Elite Are Losing Control Conspiracy Theories 11
Mick West Debunked: ArtificialClouds.com claims silver iodide causes chemtrails/global warming! Contrails and Chemtrails 125
TEEJ Debunked: Claim that Joe Biden's hand passes through microphone during White House press gaggle, 16th March 2021 Election 2020 8
bird_up Debunked: "Interdimensional being" caught on CCTV in Neza, Mexico UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 6
M Debunked: Atmospheric pressure on Mars is 9 PSI, not 0.09 PSI as claimed by NASA Science and Pseudoscience 75
Patrick Gonzalez Debunked: missing cable on Perseverance landing footage proves it is fake. General Discussion 3
TEEJ Debunked: Biden's Oval Office "Coming Apart at the Seams" [It's a Door] Election 2020 19
derrick06 Debunked: UFO over California Highway (TMZ) UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 1
P Debunked: 7 Alleged photos of aliens UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 8
Mick West Debunked: Biden signing "Blank" Executive Orders Election 2020 5
Mick West Debunked: Biden in "Fake" Oval Office Election 2020 27
P Debunked: UN hidden camera: the first UFO contact happened [Deep Fake] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 3
Mick West Debunked: 94% of Fulton County Ballots Manually Adjudicated [It's a Process all Batches go Through] Election 2020 0
Mick West Debunked: "Missile Strike" caused Nashville Explosion General Discussion 3
Mick West Debunked: Nashville Explosion was "Across the Street" from the RV General Discussion 0
Mick West Debunked: "Error rate of 68.5% Allowable is .0008%" [Neither is True] Election 2020 4
Mick West Debunked: Claim that the Electoral College Count On Jan 6 will Change the Election Election 2020 136
Rory Debunked: Einstein wrote "blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth" Quotes Debunked 12
Mick West Debunked: Navid Keshavarz-Nia's Claims of "A Sudden Rise in Slope" as Election Fraud Evidence Election 2020 5
Mick West Debunked: Trump's Claim of "1,126,940 votes created out of thin air" in PA Election 2020 8
Mick West Debunked: Crowder's "Fraud Week" Title Graphic (and Why it Matters) Election 2020 1
JFDee Debunked: Democratic senators complained about 'vote switching' by Dominion voting machines in 2019 Election 2020 2
Mendel Debunked: The Democrats are trying to take away freedom of religion Election 2020 6
H Debunked: Dr. Shiva's Scatterplot Analysis of Michigan Precincts Election 2020 43
Mick West Debunked: Suspicious "Biden Only" Ballots in Georgia Election 2020 3
Mick West Debunked: "Nancy Pelosi's long time Chief of Staff is a key executive at Dominion Voting" Election 2020 0
Mick West Debunked: Wisconsin Turnout 89% Impossible High [Actually 72%] Election 2020 1
Mick West Debunked: Video of Poll Worker "Filling In" Ballots. Election 2020 3
Mick West Debunked: Pentagon has Evidence of "Off-World Vehicles Not Made on this Earth" UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 14
derrick06 Debunked: United Nations creates a "NWO" website Conspiracy Theories 2
N Debunked: Google Mail icon shows linkage to Freemasons Conspiracy Theories 4
Mendel Debunked: The WHO did not take the Taiwan CDC seriously Coronavirus COVID-19 0
A Why 9/11 Truthers Are Wrong About The Facts | (Part 1 w/ Mick West) 9/11 1
Mendel Debunked: Radar Waves Affect Clouds General Discussion 4
Pumpernickel Need Debunking: Foucault's Pendulum debunked through Mach's principle (the Earth is a static object in the center of the Universe) Science and Pseudoscience 16
M Ufos arrive to the central zone of Chile. (Debunked). Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Jesse3959 FE Debunked with water tube level - 187 foot building 21.2 miles away below eye level Flat Earth 0
H Debunked: Cadillac Mountain from 220 miles Flat Earth 7
Jesse3959 FE Claim Debunked: JTolan Epic Gravity Experiment - Flat earther disproves Perspective! (or his instruments.) Flat Earth 0
Mick West Debunked: DoD prepares for martial law in CONUS: Conspiracy Theories 0
Oystein Debunked: AE911T: CNBC Anchor Ron Insana claims Building 7 a Controlled Implosion 9/11 13
A Debunked: NASA tampered with the original television audio of the Apollo 11 moon landing Conspiracy Theories 1
Greylandra Debunked: media headline "Judea declares war on Germany" [boycott] Conspiracy Theories 20
Mick West Discovery Channel's "Contact: Declassified Breakthrough" was debunked 2.5 years ago UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 8
Related Articles

Related Articles