Debunked: FunVax, Pentagon Briefing on Removing the God Gene [Hoax]

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
This is interesting, a video interview of the supposed "FunVax Scientist" (the guy with the DNA tie)

(Not Dean Hamer, who is a real person who popularized the "God Gene" idea).

Rather odd that they could get in contact with the scientist, ask him about his super secret world-shattering work, and post it on YouTube, but not get his name.

Last edited:

Bill

Senior Member.
This is interesting, a video interview of the supposed "FunVax Scientist" (the guy with the DNA tie)

(Not Dean Hamer, who is a real person who popularized the "God Gene" idea).

Rather odd that they could get in contact with the scientist, ask him about his super secret world-shattering work, and post it on YouTube, but not get his name.
Everyone knows that when you are creating a new super-virus you hide the names of the people involved and not the technical information that would be useful in developing an antivirus.

Last edited:

Leighton

Everyone knows that when you are creating a new super-virus you hide the names of the people involved and not the technical information that would be useful in developing an antivirus.
Hi readers,

The man in the video says:

"so if someone asked me to design a vaccine"

Are you guys stating that he is the guy who developed the vaccine?

He is answering a hypothetical question asked of him: how would he go about the design of a vaccine, such as funvax...

So he is supposed to be an expert answering questions not the funvax scientist......

Am I missing something???

Please explain..

Thanks.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Hi readers,

The man in the video says:

"so if someone asked me to design a vaccine"

Are you guys stating that he is the guy who developed the vaccine?

He is answering a hypothetical question asked of him: how would he go about the design of a vaccine, such as funvax...

So he is supposed to be an expert answering questions not the funvax scientist......

Am I missing something???

Please explain..

Thanks.
He's just an anonymous guy that is being used (knowingly or not) to perpetuate the story.

Marin B

Someone on YouTube noticed the pictures were similar.

I (Mick) found the matching image using Google.

Seems like this blog is responsible for it:
http://funvax.wordpress.com/

Seems like it started early 2011, and the video was released in June 2011

It spread via youtube, Facebook and the various conspiracy sites.

I'm really impressed that you found the original publication of the brain image. Do you have a program that matches images, or just a lot of patience looking at Google images?

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
I'm really impressed that you found the original publication of the brain image. Do you have a program that matches images, or just a lot of patience looking at Google images?
I did have to crop a bit of the image, but this is literally all I did, a few seconds.

Egu

I have read the thread, and first I totally believed it was a scam, but then I thought of another possibility: that the fact that the slides are not scientific or fake does not imply that the whole thing did not happen. How about scientist wanting to impress and sell a placebo drug that they know won't work but still the US is wanting to implement it? You see, the fact that the slides are fake... does not mean these are genuine people wanting to make a business off the US administration.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
I thought of another possibility: that the fact that the slides are not scientific or fake does not imply that the whole thing did not happen.
Yes it does. Otherwise, you've got people trying to scam the Pentagon using an utterly unbelievable story using fake evidence that's trivially easy to debunk. So that all implies it did not happen, especially as nobody was arrested for fraud.

Dan Wilson

Senior Member.
How about scientist wanting to impress and sell a placebo drug that they know won't work but still the US is wanting to implement it?
That would be an enormous waste of time and money if they knew it was a placebo but still wanted to sell it. Are you thinking it would still have an effect as a placebo? In that case, the person taking the drug would have to want to be converted from more fanatic to less fanatic, be aware of what the drug is supposed to do, and be aware that they have received it. It would not make any sense to expect a plan like that to work.

MaybeOneGrape

This popped up on twitter again, and forgive me if I'm doing this wrong:

It seems to me that if there is a "god gene," that is to say a gene that, when expressed, produces behavior akin to religious zealotry, that gene would need to be explained as reproductively advantageous. Now, we can get around this by saying 'individuals expressing this gene have a tendency to rape.' That's, frankly, an ugly interpretation of what we're talking about here. Long before social contracts involving religion-based rape, there would have had to have been a physical advantage to being religious. I think pattern recognition meets that criteria. There is, I think, selective pressure to 'believe' a pattern means something.

Now, that is not to say that all patterns are significant. But if there were a gene, a tendency, for an individual to consider a rustle of grass being meaningful, being worthwhile of attention, that might mean survival versus predation. And if it's just the wind, well, no harm no foul. But the ones who ignored the rustle of grass, well, we know what happened to them.

There absolutely is genetic selection pressure, especially during the 200 million years before the emergence of modern humans, to be paranoid, devout, unreasonable conspiracy theorists, because prior performance predicts future success. Jumping at shadows is our bread and butter, friends. It's what got us here.

Now, in the context of this gem here, none of these "top brass" in the audience asked "what are the side effects."
No concern at all. That may have been a selective edit, but if I were in that audience the first question in my mind would have been "Professor, you're talking about a communicable virus which disables the human mind from recognizing patterns. What controls have you instituted that allow you to target ONLY religious extremism, and not regular social interaction? Threat detection. The minutia of facial expression. Sir, have you created the autism virus?"

And then the scientist would be like "gentlemen, I would rather live in a world of Autists, than continue on as such."

"Harrumph harrumph" they would say, but it would be too late, for the virus had already left Logan INTL an hour before.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Now, in the context of this gem here, none of these "top brass" in the audience asked "what are the side effects."
No concern at all.
That's because the entire thing is a hoax, a provocative art project. That's probably just a bunch of Ryan Harper's friends.

eastbeast

The video is obviously a fake... However, it appears that the pictures of the brain in question are in fact being projected onto the screen behind the presenter. Don't want to get into why I think that this has not been photoshopped, you can perform your own analysis of that. So the question becomes, what the fuck is going on? The people in the room are pentagon types, not neurosurgeons discussing the neurological effects of meth addiction. It was reported that this video was faked by students. The men in this video are grown men... I understand the audio could have been dubbed, but... why are meth addiction slides being presentation to military types? Unless they are actors. If the voices are dubbed they are adult voices, men in their 40s, not students. So this seems like a group of grownups, extremely talented and smart ones, who almost pulled off a masterful scam. The acting is so good that I would have never guessed that this was a fake. Even in studio movies with really good acting, the acting is not this believable. The innuendos, the timing, the human banter and scorn. It's an awfully good reproduction of an alleged historical event.

This video seems more like an expert attempt to disinform the public and cause acute resentment towards the United States government, and as such, I suspect that it was done by a group that had more interest than web hits. There aren't even any ads on the site. I suspect that what happened is someone created this hoax to cause public unrest, the hoax was uncovered much faster than they imagined, and so now the project has been shut down. What group would want to do this?
There are a lot of groups who would want to do this... Unfortunately. I'm curious who actually created this fake and why would someone pay for it (as I agree that it's done semi-profesionally, not by some throwaway account)?

The video is all over Russian TV now, they are exploiting this fake to the max, attached is one example. They claim that Bill Gates is in the video, everything else is pretty much the same: the Pentagon is trying to turn religious people into obedient atheists, except now the propagandists tie it to the covid 19 outbreak.

Attachments

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
There are a lot of groups who would want to do this... Unfortunately. I'm curious who actually created this fake and why would someone pay for it (as I agree that it's done semi-profesionally, not by some throwaway account)?
Like I said in the OP, the prime suspect is Ryan Harper, doing it as a publicly stunt, maybe trying to do a documentary about the process of fooling people.

Joe

Video is making its rounds on Twitter with a blurred version saying its Bill Gates , Sure sounded like him , Thanks Mick the rabbit hole almost got me :)

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Mick West Debunked: Pentagon has Evidence of "Off-World Vehicles Not Made on this Earth" UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 14
derrick06 Debunked: United Nations creates a "NWO" website Conspiracy Theories 2
N Debunked: Google Mail icon shows linkage to Freemasons Conspiracy Theories 4
Mendel Debunked: The WHO did not take the Taiwan CDC seriously Coronavirus COVID-19 0
A Why 9/11 Truthers Are Wrong About The Facts | (Part 1 w/ Mick West) 9/11 1
Mendel Debunked: Radar Waves Affect Clouds General Discussion 0
Pumpernickel Need Debunking: Foucault's Pendulum debunked through Mach's principle (the Earth is a static object in the center of the Universe) Science and Pseudoscience 16
M Ufos arrive to the central zone of Chile. (Debunked). Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Jesse3959 FE Debunked with water tube level - 187 foot building 21.2 miles away below eye level Flat Earth 0
H Debunked: Cadillac Mountain from 220 miles Flat Earth 7
Jesse3959 FE Claim Debunked: JTolan Epic Gravity Experiment - Flat earther disproves Perspective! (or his instruments.) Flat Earth 0
Mick West Debunked: DoD prepares for martial law in CONUS: Conspiracy Theories 0
Oystein Debunked: AE911T: CNBC Anchor Ron Insana claims Building 7 a Controlled Implosion 9/11 13
A Debunked: NASA tampered with the original television audio of the Apollo 11 moon landing Conspiracy Theories 1
Greylandra Debunked: media headline "Judea declares war on Germany" [boycott] Conspiracy Theories 20
Mick West Discovery Channel's "Contact: Declassified Breakthrough" was debunked 2.5 years ago UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 8
Joe Hill Debunked: "The North Face of Building 7 Was Pulled Inward" 9/11 66
A Debunked : Fake Set Moon Landing with TV Camera and Stairs Conspiracy Theories 3
Mick West Debunked: Photo with Sun Rays at Odd Angles Flat Earth 0
Staffan Debunked: Wikileaks releases unused footage of moon landing (Capricorn One movie scenes) Conspiracy Theories 2
Mick West Debunked: Neil deGrasse Tyson : "That Stuff is Flat" Flat Earth 10
Mendel Debunked: Air Map of the World 1945 is a flat Earth map Flat Earth 0
Trailblazer Debunked: Trees being cut down "because they block 5G" (tree replacement in Belgium) 5G and Other EMF Health Concerns 44
deirdre Debunked: Exemption from military service doc proves Jews had foreknowledge of WW2 (fake leaflet) General Discussion 0
Trailblazer Debunked: Obama called Michelle "Michael" in a speech. (Referring to Michael Mullen Jr) Quotes Debunked 0
Rory Debunked: 120-mile shot of San Jacinto proves flat earth Flat Earth 39
Rory Debunked: The Lunar Cycle affects birth rates Health and Quackery 26
Rory Debunked: Study shows link between menstrual cycle and the moon Health and Quackery 30
novatron Debunked: California Wildfires Match the Exactly Path of the Proposed Rail System Wildfires 3
Rory Debunked: "You must love yourself before you love another" - fake Buddha quote Quotes Debunked 7
W Debunked: Qanon claims there have been 51k sealed indictments filed this year. Current Events 11
K Debunked: Audio of David Rockefeller "leaked" speech in 1991 [Audio Simulation] General Discussion 2
tadaaa Debunked: Fake photos-Novichok attack Russian 'agents' (side by side gates) General Discussion 34
Mick West Debunked: XYO Device Replacing GPS, Saving $2 Million a Day General Discussion 23
Mick West Debunked: "Tip Top" as a QAnon Clue from Trump [He's said it before] Conspiracy Theories 3
Whitebeard Debunked: Nibiru FOUND? Mysterious gigantic rogue planet spotted lurking outside our solar system Science and Pseudoscience 1
Mick West Debunked: "There Exists a Shadowy Government" — Daniel Inouye Quotes Debunked 0
Mick West Debunked: Delta Lambda Compression General Discussion 16
MisterB Debunked: Isle of Man from Blackpool at water level proves flat earth [refraction] Flat Earth 19
JFDee Debunked: Wernher von Braun confirmed that rockets can't leave earth Conspiracy Theories 23
Mick West Debunked: Missing $21 Trillion / $6.5 Trillion / $2.3 Trillion - Journal Vouchers Conspiracy Theories 33
MikeG Debunked: Obamacare Article 54 (Satire FB Page) General Discussion 2
Mick West Debunked: "Deadly Ultraviolet UV-C and UV-B Penetration to Earth’s Surface:" [Stray Light] Contrails and Chemtrails 30
Astro Debunked: Apollo Lunar Module Hatch Too Small for Spacesuit Science and Pseudoscience 0
Mick West Debunked: NIST's Lack of Explanation for WTC7 Freefall [They Have One - Column Buckling] 9/11 38
Jedo Debunked: WTC7 was the only building not on the WTC block that had a fire on 9/11 9/11 0
Mick West Debunked: Thermite Slag on WTC beams [Oxy Cutting Slag] 9/11 2
Mick West Debunked: The WTC 9/11 Angle Cut Column. [Not Thermite, Cut Later] 9/11 137
Mick West Debunked: AE911Truth's Analysis of Slag Residue from WTC Debris 9/11 20
Dan Wilson Debunked: Steven Crowder: The AIDS epidemic was a hoax Health and Quackery 9
Related Articles

Related Articles