2008 UFO Footage From Turkey

deirdre

Senior Member.
No, this is a different bangle. 1617546161065.png

ok i think those few are the same "bangle" or object. (the cruise ship on page one is likely a different item of course...to me).

i get the dowel thing now i thought the dowel was vertical. thank you for clarifying that certainly helps me see what you are seeing.

they do have aluminum dowels with little groves...like some pool skimmer poles. because i dont think wood would be that color in the films.

I dont agree with what you are seeing , but i understand it better now: you are saying on a dowel (like my closet clothes pole) pic A, but from the angle of pic B (im not taking my clothes off my closet pole to use that :) )

pic A

20210404_103417.jpg

pic B
1617547254852.png

Last edited:

Ravi

As I noted in an earlier post, and showed a few stills, there are parts in the video where the illuminated "curve" is smooth and nice. Later on "things" (tree branches?) show in front of the illuminated "curve" making it less smooth and it (I think) creates marks.

So, if we have footage of a perfectly smooth curve, IMO it cannot be a bracelet with artefacts/hinges etc.

Z.W. Wolf

Senior Member.
I was looking at the OP again, at the photo collage specifically, and noticed the second image from the left, on the second row from the top. This one shows a remarkably smooth curve. When reviewing the video again, at this specific moment, I noticed it has something on the left, looking like tree branches or something.

Hoop.png
Now I understand what you mean by remarkably smooth. The top of the hoop is reflecting the light source as a mirror would (a specular reflection), and it's over-exposed. So it looks like a featureless glow.

There's a large (in relation the size of the object) nick on the left. The fine groove on the side of the bangle is very visible in this one..

We'll call this a hoop.
Nick Jr.png
White arrows - A groove in side of the hoop.
Green arrow - a nick the hoop.

Nick Sr.png
Green arrows - far edge of the top of the hoop.
Blue arrows - near edge of the top of the hoop.
Red arrows - the lower edge of the hoop where it meets the wooden dowel

Probably the same nick in the same hoop, but the hoop is placed differently.
428333065b5f6da888ec1e97833b0394.png

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFuivergbXA

A little further in the video, this expands until it almost full obscures the illuminated curve.

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 14.25.03.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 14.25.17.png
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFuivergbXA

I still have no idea he was filming, but the artefacts seen later in the videos are likely obscurations of the (original?) illuminated curve, so I am not convinced about it being bracelets or tvs or whatnot. I think it something much more easy and obvious.

I'm sorry. I should have explained this one before. Yalcin videoed a lot of different things.

LIVE VIDEO (not a screenshot)

In this case - where you have this video cued up - these are distant lights, probably offshore on a boat. (There's a later shot of something that's definitely a boat, so...)

I can't be sure, but I think it's a small cabin cruiser at night, offshore of the Yeni Kent Apartments, probably fairly distant. I don't think it's down shore, or you would see ground lights. I think it's out offshore.

Something like this.
Cabin cruiser.png

Or more likely an inboard like this one; with a smooth transom.
53397-10526818.jpg

BoatArrows.png
Blue arrow - navigation light on the bow.
Green arrow - lights in the windows of the cabin
Red arrow - light illuminating the surface of the transom (flat part on rear of boat)

Not certain of this one. But when you watch the video I think that's what it is. There are times when the windows are pretty clearly windows. In any case, they're just distant lights. No mystery.

By "illuminating the surface of the transom," I mean the way a license plate is illuminated. A splotch of light, not a distinct light source.

download.png

All these are from that same video.

These are lights on a distant cargo ship, on a misty early morning.
Metabunk 2018-07-17 13-31-33.jpgMetabunk 2018-07-17 13-36-20.jpg

The landing lights of a distant aircraft.
Aircraft.png

This one I'm confident of. It's a boat; and I think it's closer to shore than the first one. The blue line is an LED strip on the boat.
Another boat.png

strip-lights_collage_0.jpg

At 43:50 Yalcin finally stops playing with the camera and let's it sit still on the tripod. At that time you can see the boat rocking gently on the waves. I'm not sure what the sparkly lights are. I think they're specular reflections of the LEDs on wavelets.
LIVE VIDEO (not a screenshot)

Lights on a ship, invisible in the mist and dim light. I think there are two lights and an inferior mirage of the same.
Two Lights.png

I just realized what this probably is. There's a green light on the left and a red light on the right which means these are navigation lights on the bow. And a flashing red masthead light in the middle, which means it's bow on to us, (facing us). And there's a bright mass of lights off the starboard side. It's a squid boat.
Mirage.png

Attachments

• 428333065b5f6da888ec1e97833b0394.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 26
  • BoatArrows.png
    BoatArrows.png
    322.3 KB · Views: 26
  • BoatArrows.png
    BoatArrows.png
    334 KB · Views: 29
  • download.png
    download.png
    32 KB · Views: 25
  • Boat lights arrows.png
    Boat lights arrows.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Z.W. Wolf

Senior Member.
I suspect trying to see a lot of details in these blurry images is an invitation to pareidolia. Especially when looking at stills rather than the video.
FWIW, I don't see anything inconsistent with the bangles theory, but I can also see the "fence with a gate, and boats or something in the background through the gate." With THAT wide a range of possibilities, I'd suspect the imagery does not contain enough information to lead to a positive ID of what was being videoed.
So draw a sketch of the fence.

Pareidolia is specifically seeing faces that aren't there, but I understand what you're saying. You're talking about the ink blot thing. An ink blot can look like a lot of different things to different people.

But... and this is a big but... When it's a photo of a real thing, there's only one thing it really is. If you are still saying, "The thing in the photo could be this, or it could be that," your brain hasn't really seen the thing itself.

When you see the dog in this photo, you won't be saying, "It could be this or it could be that." You see the dog. No ambiguity. It pops out. You see it.thing one b.png

Last edited:

JMartJr

Pareidolia is specifically seeing faces that aren't there, but I understand what you're saying. You're talking about the ink blot thing. An ink blot can look like a lot of different things to different people.
Yeah -- though Merriam Webster disagrees on whether pareidolia applies exclusively to seeing faces.
But... and this is a big but... When it's a photo of a real thing, there's only one thing it really is. If you are still saying, "The thing in the photo could be this, or it could be that," your brain hasn't really seen the thing itself.
What I'm saying is that, yes, any one image in these vids is of one specific thing, but the image quality is so poor that there may not be enough information there to determine what it is. The "object" videoed was only one thing; more than one thing could have produced the images as captured.
When you see the dog in this photo, you won't be saying, "It could be this or it could be that." You see the dog. No ambiguity. It pops out. You see it.
Sure, but the dog picture has a lot better resolution than the images we are looking at -- it is one thing, AND there is enough information in the image to find the dog. The Turkish UFO vids do not have enough information to definitively "find the dog." It is possible to find more than one thing that could produce the images. (That said, watching the vids I am now seeing the bangle more than seeing the fence. In motion, it seems a small solid object, possibly reflected in glass, in several shots. But "seems" is the operative word...)

It's fun to try and come up with how it might have been done, but at the end of the day it could have been done several ways, I think. So debunking by finding out definitively what it WAS may not be possible. Possibly more useful, though still not definitive, is to look at the full vid you posted above, and see how many different things were videoed from one spot on the beach in Turkey and interpreted as UFOs. Is it really reasonable that that spot is popular with so many different flying saucer pilots, none of which were remarked on nor photographed by anybody else? Nah... he's shooting normal stuff, and possibly (almost certainly, I'd say, but I was not there) making his video better by using bangles or camera parts or a distorted view of a fence or something(s) else as a fake flying saucer. So we have an improbable story of UFO central off the coast of Turkey being noticed by only one man, and we have several ways parts of it could have been faked, and several candidates for everyday boats and things that might have been videoed which the guy might or might not have sincerely beveled were mysterious. Not a definitive debunk, but barring a death-bed confession or something, that may be all we're going to get. And that's way more long winded thatn intended, so chopping myself off there...

Z.W. Wolf

Senior Member.
ok i think those few are the same "bangle" or object. (the cruise ship on page one is likely a different item of course...to me).

i get the dowel thing now i thought the dowel was vertical. thank you for clarifying that certainly helps me see what you are seeing.

they do have aluminum dowels with little groves...like some pool skimmer poles. because i dont think wood would be that color in the films.

I dont agree with what you are seeing , but i understand it better now: you are saying on a dowel (like my closet clothes pole) pic A, but from the angle of pic B (im not taking my clothes off my closet pole to use that :) )

pic A

20210404_103417.jpg

pic B
1617547254852.png

I'm dropping the clasp idea. At first I thought the ball-headed posts were meant to hold something that is now missing, then I thought that they were part of a clasp. But I've just seen something that makes me think they are simply decorative things with no function. But the thing I saw makes me even more convinced that these items are jewelry.

Last edited:

Rocky

I think the fact that it looks exactly like a cruise ship, and there are cruise ships in that general area raises the bar for counter evidence a significant amount.

Like did they account for all the possible variations from refraction? And moon flaring in the camera?

Rocky

The overlay for the video and cruise ship totally debunks this. And anything after that from the filmographer and any news outlets saying otherwise just seems like a blatant attempt to deceive the public. And for what???

Rocky

Also from looking at all of these videos there seem to have been "UFO sightings" by this same person on multiple dates over a period of two years. It seems highly unlikely that there were repeat visits by UFOs to the same area, where this same hotel security guard could repeatedly video them.

The "object" doesn't really look like a cruise ship to me. It doesn't look like a real object at all, but more like a reflection.

upload_2018-7-17_15-11-11.png

Apparently the footage was filmed using a camera that had a teleconverter on it. I can't help thinking it looks more like the reflection of a camera bezel or something.

upload_2018-7-17_15-31-54.png

Regarding the moon height, in order to have the correct distance of about four and a half degrees between the moon and the horizon, the time would have to be about 50 minutes out. This is 2.18am:

upload_2018-7-17_15-25-16.png

However note that the moon is then above the land, not above the sea.

This is the moon position for the time noted on the video:

upload_2018-7-17_15-26-34.png

That puts the moon almost exactly above the coastline from the filming position. It seems strange that there are no other lights visible along the coast there.

(The filming location is here, at the beach end of the Yeni Kent apartment complex.

upload_2018-7-17_15-28-58.png
The picture of the 2 cameramen looking at the camera just cracks me up. Just goes to show you that technology in the wrong hands can be dangerous. :D

flarkey

The picture of the 2 cameramen looking at the camera just cracks me up. Just goes to show you that technology in the wrong hands can be dangerous. :D

Its great that everyone has a camera in their pocket nowadays, but the problem is... so do the idiots. This vastly increases the number of people who are unable to identify objects, and also increases the number of people who are unable to use the cameras properly.

Rocky

Its great that everyone has a camera in their pocket nowadays, but the problem is... so do the idiots. This vastly increases the number of people who are unable to identify objects, and also increases the number of people who are unable to use the cameras properly.
Notice in the pic of the cameraman that shot these videos of the cruise ships is wearing a UFO hat.

Fin

AntonioUrziA.jpgopera_2021-04-12_19-57-29.jpg

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned yet... The guy standing directly to the right of Yalcin is Antonio Urzi! Infamous serial UFO hoaxer and good friend of Jaime Maussan.

Rotauge

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned yet... The guy standing directly to the right of Yalcin is Antonio Urzi! Infamous serial UFO hoaxer and good friend of Jaime Maussan.
This would indeed be a giant red flag if it turns out they collaborated or at least knew each other before or during the Yalcin recordings. If however, Urzi drove to Yalcin after his tapes became public, it wouldn't be a surprise seeing dedicated UFO fanatics travel to Turkey seeking to hang out with him.. Any info about the date the photo on the right was taken?

Z.W. Wolf

Senior Member.
AntonioUrziA.jpgopera_2021-04-12_19-57-29.jpg

Yes, I just couldn't remember his name, and I got so insanely busy that I don't have time to do any research or anything. Come May, I won't be so busy anymore.

Scaramanga

This whole case is yet another example of how burden of proof gets stood on its head the minute the word 'UFO' appears. That in turn stems from the insidious manner in which 'UFO' is one minute held to mean alien spacecraft...yet the next minute becomes a fallback ' well it IS unidentified ' by which the believer can keep it all going regardless.

The onus is on anyone who thinks it is an alien spacecraft to prove so. One could spend years ( and it seems some have done ) arguing is it a cruiser or an internal camera reflection or whatever, but skeptics often tend to forget that they don't actually have to do anything but say 'prove it'. I see zero proof that this is an alien spacecraft. Case dismissed.

J42

This would indeed be a giant red flag if it turns out they collaborated or at least knew each other before or during the Yalcin recordings. If however, Urzi drove to Yalcin after his tapes became public, it wouldn't be a surprise seeing dedicated UFO fanatics travel to Turkey seeking to hang out with him.. Any info about the date the photo on the right was taken?
I believe the above photograph featuring both Yalcin and Urzi was taken in 2008 at the 'Istanbul UFO Conference' both can be seen in the Live TV broadcast at the event. Yalcin is wearing the same UFO baseball cap and white collar shirt as in the photo above and Urzi is wearing the same green jacket as in the photo pictured above. (see attached screenshots from video clip)

Yalcin was also asked in the live TV broadcase to come over to the TV reported and he stood next to Urzi.... It is more than likely they talked at this UFO event. A UFO was filmed during the live news broadcast and Dr Roger Leir also attended and said he witnessed with others multiple UFO sightings.

Link to this video clip: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9mjecYalcin.jpg

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Todd Feinman Triangle UFO footage from the UK Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 8
Mick West "Pyramid" UFO's in Night Vision Footage - Maybe Bokeh? UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 191
P Footage of Japanese "haunted hospital" UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 5
Patrick Gonzalez Debunked: missing cable on Perseverance landing footage proves it is fake. General Discussion 3
R Exclusive New York City "UFO" Footage Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 12
Z.W. Wolf Kobe Bryant Helicopter: Air Traffic Recording and Radar Footage General Discussion 3
Leifer USS Ford : leaked footage of UFO seen on flight deck [CGI] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 7
Mick West Explained: RARE Video Footage of "Alien Space Craft" WATCHING ISS Astronaut! UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 1
A Explained: astronaut's movement causes lunar flag to wave in Apollo 15 footage Conspiracy Theories 0
Staffan Debunked: Wikileaks releases unused footage of moon landing (Capricorn One movie scenes) Conspiracy Theories 2
Rory Claim: footage of Great South Bay Bridge supports flat earth Flat Earth 11
Justin Shaw New strange drone footage - small white objects moving fast UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 30
Rory Explained: Space Shuttle Footage Reflection of Face [Shot Through Window] Conspiracy Theories 5
Neil Obstat Claim: zooming in on setting sun proves flat earth Flat Earth 23
Mick West "GO FAST" Footage from Tom DeLonge's To The Stars Academy. Bird? Balloon? UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 328
Mick West 2004 USS Nimitz Tic Tac UFO FLIR footage (FLIR1) UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 645
ZoomBubba Las Vegas Massacre - Surveillance Footage? Conspiracy Theories 115
Ruben Lianza Aguadilla Infrared Footage of 'UFOs' - Probably Hot Air Wedding Lanterns Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 50
P Mexico City UFO footage - CGI in 1997? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 8
Mick West Debunked: Irrefutable Film Footage Of Climate Engineering Aerosol Spraying [Aerodynamic Contrails] Contrails and Chemtrails 4
Rory Black square around Earth proves NASA fake footage Flat Earth 3
T Explained/Debunked: "Irrefutable Footage of Climate Engineering Aerosol Spraying" - Explanations? Contrails and Chemtrails 20
ki_cz NASA using green screen to fake ISS experiment footage Science and Pseudoscience 14
Efftup more ISS UFO footage Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 13
Rico Debunked: Dane Wigington's Undeniable Footage of Jet Aircraft Spraying [Aerodynamic Contrails] Contrails and Chemtrails 42
Mick West Debunked: Ukrainian Rebel Commander Strelkov in Ferguson footage General Discussion 1
MikeC Solved: Tube in MH 17 wreckage?? [9m111 anti-tank rocket from old Il-76 footage] Flight MH17 22
Mick West Debunked: Aerosol Geoengineering Film Footage Reality [Fuel Dumps] Contrails and Chemtrails 54
Mick West All Sky Camera and other Web-Cams for Footage of Contrail Contrails and Chemtrails 13
Jason STS 48 footage; "possible UFO" Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 6
Leifer Verrazano-Narrows Bridge....911 footage Conspiracy Theories 10
T Fake 9/11 footage of cruise missile hitting pentagon 9/11 15
Hama Neggs Debunked: Chemtrails "Inserted" into Films [Footage reused in modern advertisement] Contrails and Chemtrails 19
Pete Tar Debunked: 9/11 impact footage was faked, shows 'layering' error. 9/11 38
Alchemist Footage of Boston Suspects/Cops Fire FIght Boston Marathon Bombings 9
U Sandy Hook: Footage From Santa Rosa Elementary School Sandy Hook 5
Mick West Debunked: Amazing Footage of WWII Chemtrail Experiments Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Mick West Pathe Newsreel footage of contrails Contrails and Chemtrails 5
TEEJ Claimed "UFO" filmed from airliner over Turkey, 21st March 2018 [Passing Contrail at 90°] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 4
cmnit Patrick Roddie and the Saudi princess Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Mick West Unusual Trail on the Russian Su-24 shot down By Turkey Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Pythagoras Drones shot down in Turkey and Ukraine, Russian or not? General Discussion 20
Related Articles

Related Articles