Welcome Thread - New Members Post Here

Hello people
Thought I'd drop in to say hello...I'm neither a skeptic or believer in conspiracy theories... Some seem totally ridiculous while others I cannot find a logical / un conspiratorial explanation to... I enjoy reading the views and logic that others present and would like to post where I feel I can add something worthwhile... Thanks

This thread is for any first time poster to (optionally) post an introductory "hi everyone" post, which will also get you "verified" (meaning you can post without anti-spam restrictions) once it has been approved.

A few words on who you are and how you ended up here would be appreciated. Or just say hi!
upload_2013-11-7_15-17-0.png
Thanks, Mick.

My main background is in military aircraft engineering, and I have a lifetime interest in the sciences (including mathematics, statistical analysis and modelling), but since retiring, I've been involved in conservation and ornithology, particularly in taxonomic aspects as revealed by molecular biology. For almost 20 years I did English-language editing of draft scientific papers (and a book or two) for people whose first language is not English. One current source of fascination is the paradox of the worldwide availability of information in depth seemingly correlating with desperate attempts by people who clearly haven't bothered researching their subject to ignore it!

Hi, I'm glad to have found this site, linked here from the MythBusters, when searching for debunks on chemtrails. Located in Sweden I don't write, but read English perfectly well. Been surfing for a while on the site and the hugh amount of information and material is truly impressing!

Hello, I found this site recently after researching known chemtrail conspiracy theorists in my area and trying to find info about normal barium/aluminum/strontium levels in blood. This seems to be an informative site, and it seems the theorists in my area may have normal concentrations of those elements in their blood but misunderstood the results. I would still like to find more sources for toxicology reports and normal concentrations of substances in blood tests. From what I understand, faulty handling of the samples can contaminate them and give unreliable/inaccurate readings.

Hello, I found this site recently after researching known chemtrail conspiracy theorists in my area and trying to find info about normal barium/aluminum/strontium levels in blood. This seems to be an informative site, and it seems the theorists in my area may have normal concentrations of those elements in their blood but misunderstood the results. I would still like to find more sources for toxicology reports and normal concentrations of substances in blood tests. From what I understand, faulty handling of the samples can contaminate them and give unreliable/inaccurate readings.
That's one thing. Another is that they frequently pick the wrong level as the "minimum" level. Like they think the minimum detectable level is the minimum safe level. Or they claim all values should be zero.

There are quite a few things on MB, just search for aluminum or barium.

Hey! I've been reading posts from this site all day long. I've been in the rabbit hole for 2 years now. I'm constantly reading and trying to learn as much as I can. The federal reserve is what got me started and then I went down the whole illuminati path and further into the symbolism in the music industry before deciding to calm down and just try to live my life and research little by little. I stumbled onto this site trying to debunk Fritz Springmeier. I like what is happening in this forum and I am happy to be here. All I want to do is learn. If the things I'm believing are bunk then I definitely want to know that. Thanks all. :)

Oh and also contrailscience.com is the site that led me away from believing in chemtrails. I think I read that you run that site as well Mick? Thanks for helping me dodge that one if so. :)

Hi! I am happy to have found your site.
I have come seeking some sense to the nonsense I am hearing from a few people. I'm looking for a bit of knowledge so that I can have a little banter with them, instead of just ROFL
Recently I was camping with a "Truther" friend and a few things came up,
the always popular chemtrails, the (what the heck!) Lizard people
And several more.
But the one that really killed me was when we looked at the starry sky, and I said oh look at the satellite ......my friend says, uhhuh.... UFO

Last edited:
Hi! I am happy to have found your site.
I have come seeking some sense to the nonsense I am hearing from a few people. I'm looking for a bit of knowledge so that I can have a little banter with them, instead of just ROFL
Recently I was camping with a "Truther" friend and a few things came up,
the always popular chemtrails, the (what the heck!) Lizard people
And several more.
But the one that really killed me was when we looked at the starry sky, and I said oh look at the satellite ......my friend says, uhhuh.... UFO

Well remember what the U in UFO stands for ;), so if you see something in the sky and have no idea what it is, you wouldn't be wrong to call it a UFO. I used to see things in the sky and think they could be aliens but I later found out that one of them was Venus (a lot of people have mistaken Venus for something else), another happened to be the ISS, I realized later, and one other I'm still not sure... and since I really don't know what it was, it must have been an alien! :)............ Well, even though people more than likely aren't seeing extraterrestrials, the known universe is a big place and there could be intelligent life elsewhere, but what chance of them finding us? hhhmmm, Fermi. lol

Last edited:
As a kid I used to lay in the field looking for UFO's, never had any luck:( Perhaps northern Alberta wasn't of interest to them.
To the members of this site;
Thank you for the clear and consistent research that you are doing.
I am finding it very interesting, I had no idea there were so many conspiracies :eek:

Greetings everyone.
name Eric Conley - have used "econ41" and "ozeco41" as user names since I started internet forum posting 13 Nov 2007. Retired Civil and Structural Engineer - plus Military Engineer qualified in the AU Army reserve - 15 years. The "41" should be easy to decode. the "oz" bit == AU - I'm English born resident in AU since 1952. So 11/73rds Pom and 62/73rds Aussie. De jure Aussie for many years.

Primary interest on forums has been explaining (Not "arguing" or "winning") WTC collapses on 9/11. Some years as moderator on a now defunct forum. Secondary interests - biological sciences - evolution v creationism; and US law - esp constitutional law and the progress of same sex marriage emancipation. (I’m AU law trained - not practised - and slowly learning something about US law.) I came here because it is one area where there is still some WTC collapse and 9/11 activity - a half dozen or so long term acquaintances are active here. I may be able to contribute a different perspective. Time will tell.

Cheers

Eric C

econ41<< on this forum

What's up? Thanks for letting me join! Found this site after so many "debates" with countless Facebook CT's. A breath of fresh air!

Don't want to give my real name right now as a matter of privacy (I hope that's okay with the moderators, if not I'll comply), but I will say that I'm in my mid 40's, work in manufacturing, and although I'm not very literate in science and have no degree of any kind, I appreciate the scientific method and love science in general!

I'm here because I'm tired of a lot of the world giving in to pseudoscience, superstition, and paranoia...it worries me no end.

Thanks, again!

Hi, I am so new here I don't even have a picture yet :rolleyes: I will work on that. I'm about to be 50, am an avid science and science fiction fan, love to read, love music, and have a real passion for learning and developing myself spiritually and intellectually. I dream of owning a farm someday so I can have a milk cow and some chickens. I make my own cheese, do all my own baking, generally avoid processed foods and believe in using nutrition and natural products as much as possible for my health and wellness. I have fibromyalgia but have undergone a health transformation and am feeling pretty darned good these days. I have 5 grandchildren and hope to set a good example for them in health and the secrets of happiness.

Unfortunately, I am here because, well, I keep on ending up here trying to show my husband that he has been seriously duped. I introduced him to youtube in 2009, never imagining that what he would find and be drawn to on there would so seriously and adversely affect our marriage. Chemtrails, HAARP, FEMA caps... these are volatile topics in our home. We have come close to separating over all of this. I am heartbroken because before this we had a pretty good relationship. Now I regularly hear things like I really would have loved Hitler, that I am one of "them" (the sheople), and that maybe he should find a companion he can talk to. There is much more, but this gives the gist of where we are at right now. I cannot get him to look at the information I find (it's from the government, it's too long and convoluted, etc... The reasons are many). I tried showing him information from contrailscience (the site that convinced me I am not crazy), but he said it's a government site and won't look at it any further. He would likely be furious to read this, me exposing our life, even anonymously, but I need to find good solid information, videos, etc, and keep hoping he will eventually listen to or look at it. He's a very smart person, and it is so frustrating to see him believing all this bunk.

Why don't I believe it? Because every time I've done research, I could easily find that the claims being made were not true. Like the RFID chip being mandated in Obamacare, for example. He says I'm a debunker like it's a bad thing, but it is something I am happy to be. Hence me thinking this is a pretty awesome site, and I'm thankful to have found it.

So, to make a long story short(er), I'm looking for support and information from like minded people. People who understand that being a skeptic is not the same as being a cynic and know that healthy skepticism is a good thing :)

Unfortunately, I am here because, well, I keep on ending up here trying to show my husband that he has been seriously duped. I introduced him to youtube in 2009, never imagining that what he would find and be drawn to on there would so seriously and adversely affect our marriage. Chemtrails, HAARP, FEMA caps... these are volatile topics in our home. We have come close to separating over all of this. I am heartbroken because before this we had a pretty good relationship. Now I regularly hear things like I really would have loved Hitler, that I am one of "them" (the sheople), and that maybe he should find a companion he can talk to. There is much more, but this gives the gist of where we are at right now. I cannot get him to look at the information I find (it's from the government, it's too long and convoluted, etc... The reasons are many).
Hi Virginia, welcome aboard. I hope you find the materials needed to assist your husband and help your marriage. I feel for you and wish you the best. It also sounds like therapy could do you both some good. At least it's an arbitrary person who will moderate the conversations so each person gets to speak, and do yourself a favor and let him pick the therapist.

Hello, I'm mid-30s, male, from southern England. I used to be a scientist many years ago, and I enjoy debunking UFO pictures and people who claim Apollo is a hoax, among other stupid theories. I always ignored the chemtrail theory because I thought it was a small fringe idea and too wacky to bother with, but the more I read the more I realise that the idea is spreading at an alarming rate, and as Virginia's story above proves, it ruins lives. I'm here to find more info and also to share some ideas that I've been playing with that help show that nothing sinister is going on.

I am also fortunate enough to live under a nice busy flight path with lots of planes to spot!

Hello, I'm mid-30s, male, from southern England. I used to be a scientist many years ago, and I enjoy debunking UFO pictures and people who claim Apollo is a hoax, among other stupid theories. I always ignored the chemtrail theory because I thought it was a small fringe idea and too wacky to bother with, but the more I read the more I realise that the idea is spreading at an alarming rate, and as Virginia's story above proves, it ruins lives. I'm here to find more info and also to share some ideas that I've been playing with that help show that nothing sinister is going on.

I am also fortunate enough to live under a nice busy flight path with lots of planes to spot!

WELCOME!!!

Hi, my name is Bob Adams, I live on the Southern tip of Africa. I worked 17 years in the aviation industry and am still an avid planespotter/photographer.

When I first discovered Youtube I was delighted with the thousands of videos I could watch about airplanes. One day I saw one that consisted entirely of high altitude aircraft with contrails. When I clicked on it I was quite surprised to see it was not by a spotter, it seemed to be by some fellah in his backyard filming awful scoundrels poisoning the population! I started reading the comments and so down the rabbit hole I went....

Eventually during these surreal experiences I found this site and thankfully have confidence that not the whole world has gone utterly and completely barking mad.

Hi, my name is Bob Adams, I live on the Southern tip of Africa. I worked 17 years in the aviation industry and am still an avid planespotter/photographer.

When I first discovered Youtube I was delighted with the thousands of videos I could watch about airplanes. One day I saw one that consisted entirely of high altitude aircraft with contrails. When I clicked on it I was quite surprised to see it was not by a spotter, it seemed to be by some fellah in his backyard filming awful scoundrels poisoning the population! I started reading the comments and so down the rabbit hole I went....

Eventually during these surreal experiences I found this site and thankfully have confidence that not the whole world has gone utterly and completely barking mad.

Welcome!! I hope you will enjoy reading these many threads. AND, yes..."chem"trails are NONSENSE!!

Myself? 40+ years' experience as a pilot. Last 22 years with a Major U.S.-based airline. (NOW "merged" into another...sad, this)....

Hi, I'm Ben, mid-30s and UK based. Not exactly an outlier by the looks of it :)

I got UFO Magazine and Fortean Times aged 14 or so and have gone from there, really. I have plenty of friends with Chemtrail opinions (thanks, Facebook) and a long-standing interest in conspiracy theories, the people who adopt them and the underlying causes.

I *think* I got here from secretprojects.co.uk but wouldn't swear to it. Maybe it was PPRuNe. You get the gist :)

Tis a good site, or at least it was before MH370....

Having read the About section up there ^^^ I should probably also mention that I completed Tony Hawks' Pro Skater 43 times, so Mr West already owes me several weeks of my life ;)

Hi TB. You might find this thread on ATS interesting http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1019894/pg1

Thanks for the welcomes, happy to see other people joining too and to share thoughts (and frustrations) with like-minded people.

If I want to start a thread about a subject how do I go about it?
Great question and one that I struggled with when I started. You can view the posting guidelines, and review each main topic from the Forums screen. When you move your cursor over the main topics it a side bar will pop up and tell you what the criteria are for that main topic. Once you decide which main topic your discussion belongs in click on it and at the top of the screen you will see "start new thread". Click on it, add your title and then the subject material below.

But if you have questions about the material itself, you could always PM Mick or PeteTar, they've always been very helpful. Good luck

The "skydealert" account appears to be fake (different Email address, missing "r", IP address in Pakistan), and has been banned. George, if that was actually you, then please let me know.

Hi, I'm just sick of everything becoming a conspiracy, or a propaganda!

Ps is there an app for viewing this site? (android os)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Metabunk!

I'm 26, Dane, Engineer, and loved to read about conspiracy theories as a hobby. They are some of the best fiction which can be found online. I am genuinely intrigued about the creativity and complete disregard of facts. On the downside, I am sometimes worried about the impact the fictional claims have on people with less critical thinking who really believe in these things.

I don't have the link right now, but I once read a study which showed that people who believe in CT's are often the less happy and more pessimistic about the world compared to people who don't believe in CT's. The study also indicated that the people who where prone to believing in CT's (Like 9/11 and JFK ass.) where the same people who where more prone to be willing to executing actions like that themselves. "A thief believes everybody steals"

I have (so far) never fallen into the rabbit hole, but to stay on the safe side I figured it would be a good idea to keep track of the debunking. After reading on here for a few days as a guest, I would like to register so I can contribute wherever I have some usable knowledge. Much respect to all the Metabunk members dedicated for spending time provide documented debunking and evidence.

Have a nice day!

EDIT: Found the article I mentioned. Unfortunately, it is an article in danish on videnskab.dk (which means science.dk) http://videnskab.dk/kultur-samfund/hvem-tror-pa-konspirationsteorier

Last edited:
Hi Gundersen, and welcome!

Interesting article. The Google Translate version works very well, near perfect translation. It seems Danish must be very close to English underneath.
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=da&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://videnskab.dk/kultur-samfund/hvem-tror-pa-konspirationsteorier&edit-text=&act=url

And their collection of articles:
https://translate.googleusercontent...eorier&usg=ALkJrhi1FfLbTlaL2QZPlybsAIGsDJzaEw

Thank you, and yes, that translation is surprisingly good!

Hi, my name is Bad Vaio and I live in a quiet little town in england, just south of the wall. I am a very firm skeptic. I love reading beforeitsnews and similar sites for their entertainment value but the gullibility of the posters and the sheer arrogance of the 'contributors' annoys me.

Back