Welcome Thread - New Members Post Here

I believe Mick has it set to two or three moderated posts.

It's actually just one, however the process that automatically updates users only runs every 15 minutes. So if a first-time poster posts a lot, then it seems like more.

Hi everyone, I'm Gabriel from Spain, living already 8 years in Germany. I am the administrator of "En ocasiones veo chemtrails" (Sometimes I see chemtrails https://www.facebook.com/enocasionesveochemtrails), a page dedicated to debunk the chemtrail hoax among the spanish speaking facebookers. Of course metabunk and contrail science are two of my main sources and I must say this is an incredible and useful work to bring a bit of reason to this nonsense.

So do you only make posts that are debunkable public?
because I just posted 2 links with hopes you could debunk them for me... and they aren't up yet...

No, I just hadn't refreshed the page to check for things to moderate for a while, I'm playing Dark Souls 2.

And I'm generally asleep at 3:50AM PDT :)

But it does raise the question - if you consider something undebunkable, then why are you posting it? Would you post "The sky is sometimes blue! Debunk that!". You need to post actual bunk if you want to post facts.

Hi, my name is Soo and I'm in the UK. I landed here via a google for the "no accidents in politics" quote attributed to FDR and your debunking of it. I had just spent a lot of time debating a 9/11 issue, so reading "About Metabunk" and the "Politeness Policy" made it a rather serendipitous encounter.

I'm retired and my fields of interest are mainly finance, history, politics and the social aspects of IT. I served for a couple of years in the British Army, twenty-five years raising four children, returned to work in accounting and ended my working life as a Refuge Worker with a domestic violence charity.

My debate on 9/11 was very disturbing because people seem to have developed false memories; insisting that they saw the first strike live on TV and refusing to accept evidence to the contrary. So here I am...

Hi all, I'm own a small auto repair business, so in the future I will submit some devices I've seen on vehicles that increase fuel mileage and power, if I find they haven't been debunked already. I stumbled onto this site checking out the recent reincarnation of what I would consider a perpetual motion machine...the "Quantum Energy Generator".

Hi all, I'm own a small auto repair business, so in the future I will submit some devices I've seen on vehicles that increase fuel mileage and power, if I find they haven't been debunked already. I stumbled onto this site checking out the recent reincarnation of what I would consider a perpetual motion machine...the "Quantum Energy Generator".
Welcome. Please read the posting guidelines.

Although, just a heads up, religion threads generally don't meet the posting guidelines for specific claims of evidence.

Debunking free energy, on the other hand, generally does :)

Although, just a heads up, religion threads generally don't meet the posting guidelines for specific claims of evidence.

Debunking free energy, on the other hand, generally does :)

As far as the religious stuff goes, and what your guidelines are all about, that's why I think I'm going to like it here.

The concept of free energy....it's kind of sad, that in the 21st century this still needs debunking. Just so you know, when I did the search on the "Quantum Energy Generator" yesterday, out of the first six pages of results I went through, this site is the only one that suggested it was bunk. The "Quantum Energy Generator" reminded me of all the contraptions the Oil Companies supposedly bought up in the seventies that would allow cars to get 100 miles per gallon, people still come to my shop with gizmos of some kind zip-tied in various places. I look forward to debunking such scams that cost my customers money with zero results.

Aloha! I use Metabunk alot to debunk facebook memes (along with other known debunking sites). After a year, decided to stop being a lurker.

Lots of good information found on this site. THANKS for providing a great resource

Aloha! I use Metabunk alot to debunk facebook memes (along with other known debunking sites). After a year, decided to stop being a lurker.

Lots of good information found on this site. THANKS for providing a great resource

The word "Keoki" jumped out at me immediately, as I love Hawai'i !

Welcome to MB.

This thread is for any first time poster to (optionally) post an introductory "hi everyone" post, which will also get you "verified" (meaning you can post without anti-spam restrictions) once it has been approved.

A few words on who you are and how you ended up here would be appreciated. Or just say hi!
upload_2013-11-7_15-17-0.png
Forums name is OldCrab found this place while verification of a JFK rumour so I like it so here I am

Hello people, I like reading the discussions on this site. Informative but also fun.
I'm not an expert in anything scientific so maybe I won't post anything and just keep lurking :)

Hello everyone - been reading your forum as a guest for awhile now as a guest and really enjoy it so i decided to register. Not a scientific expert by any means and may not post alot but have run ins with numerous people who seem to have trouble understanding that just because something is claimed in a Facebook post or in a Youtube video doesn't mean that it is actually based in truth. CTs up here in Canada might not be at as many as say down south in the U.S. or across the pond in the U.K. but the habit of [...] Just Asking Questions is still annoying and leads to the same jumping to conclusions etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone - been reading your forum as a guest for awhile now as a guest and really enjoy it so i decided to register. Not a scientific expert by any means and may not post alot but have run ins with numerous people who seem to have trouble understanding that just because something is claimed in a Facebook post or in a Youtube video doesn't mean that it is actually based in truth. CTs up here in Canada might not be at as many as say down south in the U.S. or across the pond in the U.K. but the habit of [...] Just Asking Questions is still annoying and leads to the same jumping to conclusions etc.
Welcome fellow Canuck.

Hi, all!

I'm Mike. I've been into conspiracy theories and urban legends for a while, ever since I bought a signed copy of Richard Roeper's book many years ago (he has 3 on the subject, if you're so intrigued).

I've been lurking, but I thought it would be more fun to finally create an account and jump in.

I'm a member of the media who spent a considerable amount of time in a mainstream, accredited university journalism program, so please don't hesitate to tell me how I'm a Zionist who's being paid off by the US government to help them craft a message to a create the NWO (but, just a warning, if you choose to do so, be prepared for my answer).

And yes, said answer will adhere to the politeness policy. :)

PS If you're wondering, I'm the guy in my (current) avatar who is not Lou Ferrigno. Sorry to disappoint.

hello everyone, I am more about debunking than conspiracies although some of those might come out to be true

I have found the site searching something about MH370, very good job you all did there debunking stuff, on par with PPRune I'd say

Hi everyone, new guy here... :)

Name's Arnel, from the Philippines. I decided to finally setup an account after a friend asked me to be "as skeptical as I can be" about a product he's currently peddling (NAC, glutathione "accelerator"). I've done my own research for a couple of weeks now, and found a helpful thread here on the same subject.

I hope to learn as much as I can from all of you. I come across a lot of bunk (which most of you may have already seen/heard before) and will be most likely be asking questions more than posing answers. Similarly, I'd be happy to share things I know enough about. :)

Hi everyone, new guy here... :)

Name's Arnel, from the Philippines. I decided to finally setup an account after a friend asked me to be "as skeptical as I can be" about a product he's currently peddling (NAC, glutathione "accelerator"). I've done my own research for a couple of weeks now, and found a helpful thread here on the same subject.

I hope to learn as much as I can from all of you. I come across a lot of bunk (which most of you may have already seen/heard before) and will be most likely be asking questions more than posing answers. Similarly, I'd be happy to share things I know enough about. :)
Hello Arnel glad you joined. My wife is from the Philippines as well, and I sponsored her daughters a few years back, so now we're one big family. It's funny because before I met my wife all I ever knew was Uncle Ben's 5 minute rice, but now I buy rice by the burlap sack (lol). No kidding, with a handle and all, and of course it has to be Jasmine rice otherwise it's an insult to rice. But enough of me, glad to see you on here....

Hello,

Just joined today. I saw Mick West on the Joe Rogan Questions everything show and decided to check it out. I've been looking for a good website that discusses topics in a adult manner, and after reading some threads I'm pleased to see this is the right place. I'm an open-minded person who above all believes in respecting other people and their opinions.

Have a good day, ladies and gentlemen. :)

Hello,

Just joined today. I saw Mick West on the Joe Rogan Questions everything show and decided to check it out. I've been looking for a good website that discusses topics in a adult manner, and after reading some threads I'm pleased to see this is the right place. I'm an open-minded person who above all believes in respecting other people and their opinions.

Have a good day, ladies and gentlemen. :)

Oh MAN!!!!! You have (probably) the BEST avatar ever! Oh, and welcome to the Forum!!

(PS. HUGE "Kubrick fan" here too....I can discuss at length, but best in PMs).

This thread is for any first time poster to (optionally) post an introductory "hi everyone" post, which will also get you "verified" (meaning you can post without anti-spam restrictions) once it has been approved.

A few words on who you are and how you ended up here would be appreciated. Or just say hi!
I first encountered the word "chemtrail" in a post on Google+ about a month ago and since then I've been running across it a LOT. I love a good conspiracy theory at least as well as the next person and this one is a rip-snorting doozy. "They" are spraying chemicals to modify the weather and/or control our minds -- Heavens to Nancy and the Soviet Sputnik lasers! I wondered where it all started and a web search engine pointed me to a post on chemtrailscience.com which eventually brought me here. I doubt I will have much to say as an active debunker but I'll probably use it as a reference since the forum postings I have seen so far have been well-researched and documented.

Hello, I'm Jerome and I've been lurking here for a couple of months. I became fascinated with conspiracy theories a couple of years ago when I stumbled onto them by accident on YouTube (and got terribly frustrated as YT started recommending all kinds of nonsense to me - especially around the time so many were posting "Nibiru End Days" videos), and after reading a number of scientists and skeptics daily, I eventually found my way here.

I am a software developer by profession, so logical as well as critical thinking is something I have always taken for granted. I can't get my head around why people believe in bunk and woo, but somehow it makes me angry, especially when people I know share nonsense with me on FB, and so I try to prove to those people how wrong they are. (I have never succeeded, but oh how I try...)

I have even written a little about these things on one of my blogs and linked here once or twice, although my blog is mostly about my recovery (after being a methamphetamine addict for around 7 years). Part of my fascination with understanding why people believe what they believe also stems from my being an atheist, who took most of 28 years to let go of my own religious indoctrination.

I don't think I will ever have much to contribute here, but I have learned so much in the last couple of months, especially around your policy of being polite to these people, when my own tendency was always to be rude, mocking and sarcastic, which never really helps. Thanks for such a great site. If only there more people were as sensible when it came to critical thinking, I think the world would be a better place (or at the very least, less annoying).

hello I am lisamay. I am a nursing student. after coming this far in nursing I now like to deal in facts. saw this website on snopes and hoaxslayer. thought I'd check it out. glag I did

...but I have learned so much in the last couple of months, especially around your policy of being polite to these people, when my own tendency was always to be rude, mocking and sarcastic, which never really helps.

So true, Jerome. Thanks to Mick West (waves "Hi") I am better at eschewing the snark than I used to be...as it is sometimes relayed to me, I usually can come off as 'sarcastic' (**) without meaning to. It's an "art form", writing...and a learned skill.

(** Often because of failed attempts at dry wit. Best leave that to the professionals).

Hi, I have some conspiracy theories, but I think, it's a blatant mistake to use 'false' arguments (like off-context-quotes or chemtrail-science). Do you believe in any conspiracy theory? ... because some people seriously argue that conspiracy theories (in general) are non-sense and they believe everything they get told in mainstream media... IMO this should be balanced and well reasoned. :)

Back