Welcome Thread - New Members Post Here

Hello everyone. I've been noticing more and more people I know getting sucked into every conspiracy going and it scares me that by the time my children are older everything will be so obscure they won't know what to believe or how to recognise crazy and dangerous ideas they hear about. I have been looking at your stuff for a few months now and I like what you do and how you do it. I hope when my children get older and use the Internet you'll still be around for their benefit too. Nobody's perfect or really knows the truth but paranoia seems to be consuming everything and I don't like it.
I don't discount/believe everything.I've seen a crazy ball of light in Cornwall a few years ago. I'm aware cloud seeding happens in places like Thailand. But what's worse, starvation?

Hello to the Metabunk Community. My name is Robert.

I found the site several days ago while searching for "facts" about the GeoResonance company and their claim to have possibly located the MH370 aircraft. Metabunk is like a breath of fresh air in a world full of lazy journalist and skillful con artist. I am looking forward to joining the conversation on the GeoResonance topic even though I see that it has already officially been "Debunked" (rightfully so).

My compliments on a world class discussion site.

Robert

Hello to the Metabunk Community. My name is Robert.

I found the site several days ago while searching for "facts" about the GeoResonance company and their claim to have possibly located the MH370 aircraft. Metabunk is like a breath of fresh air in a world full of lazy journalist and skillful con artist. I am looking forward to joining the conversation on the GeoResonance topic even though I see that it has already officially been "Debunked" (rightfully so).

My compliments on a world class discussion site.

Robert
Robert, Welcome to Metabunk! Enjoy your participation and please review our Posting Guidelines: https://www.metabunk.org/threads/posting-guidelines.2064/

Hello...My name is Beth and i found this site when trying to convince my sister there are no chemtrails. Lots of good info here.Unfortunately she loves conspiracies. I would like some help in knowing what a certain video is showing.My sister came across it and has fell hook,line and sinker.It is unrelated to chemtrails.The video shows what is supposed to be a galactic battle for mankind.It is the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen. I know the video images are stereo images but of what i have no clue.If you can help i will try to post link to video,it is a bit long and wanted to know if it was ok before i posted it. Thank you

Hello...My name is Beth and i found this site when trying to convince my sister there are no chemtrails. Lots of good info here.Unfortunately she loves conspiracies. I would like some help in knowing what a certain video is showing.My sister came across it and has fell hook,line and sinker.It is unrelated to chemtrails.The video shows what is supposed to be a galactic battle for mankind.It is the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen. I know the video images are stereo images but of what i have no clue.If you can help i will try to post link to video,it is a bit long and wanted to know if it was ok before i posted it. Thank you
Welcome! Please review our Posting Guidelines. Are the videos Youtube videos?

This thread is for any first time poster to (optionally) post an introductory "hi everyone" post, which will also get you "verified" (meaning you can post without anti-spam restrictions) once it has been approved.

A few words on who you are and how you ended up here would be appreciated. Or just say hi!
upload_2013-11-7_15-17-0.png

How do I terminate my account?

You don't, it just becomes another inactive profile.
Your other post was just approved if that's the issue.

My name is Brock, and I'm from Canada. I try to be scientific and skeptical in my approach to the news of the day. I try to be respectful and open-minded in my debating style.

I think "conspiracy theorists" need to heed the lesson of "the boy who cried wolf". But I also think "debunkers" need to heed the CONVERSE lesson ("the boy who assumed sheep"...?) - a dismissive attitude toward ALL anti-establishment points of view will provide useful cover some day for bona fide abuse of power.

I hope this site is an "equal-opportunity debunker" - popping the bubbles of gassy theories (both inside AND outside the circles of power) with sharp science.

PS on my handle: it is the US foreign policy manifesto I am insulting - NOT the kind-hearted US citizens forced to endure its consequences.

Welcome NewAmericanCentury! This site is about debunking claims that are made, that can be show to be false by, citing the original claim (with supporting links), and then identifying the inaccuracies of the claim (again including links/sources to back up the debunking). Political commentary, speculation, talking points and opinions really ought to be left out of a clean debunking, there are other sites that are more appropriate for the sharing of opinions and speculation. Debunkers here are not about being pro/anti government, just examining claims of evidence. It may seem that the debunkers are pro-government since there is a lot of bunk circulated at conspiracy websites that make unsupported claims about the government and these seem to get a lot of attention and circulation on Facebook and the like. As is the usual case, we ask new members to read and respect the posting guidelines.

Joined after reading the interesting GeoResonance MH370 claims thread, so I can add my 2pence worth to the debunking of this Company.

P.S If you hadn't guessed, StrangeLove isn't my real name ;-)

Joined after reading the interesting GeoResonance MH370 claims thread, so I can add my 2pence worth to the debunking of this Company.

P.S If you hadn't guessed, StrangeLove isn't my real name ;-)
Welcome. Please read the posting guidelines.

Hi everyone, I am an old school punk rocker artist/activist, who has spent the last 35 years working on social justice a bit and the environment movement a lot. I started learning about airplanes as a kid living in a very isolated community where quite a few people owned planes and helicopters and about 1/5 of the parents where pilots. In my work as a fire effects artist and a fire performance artist I have learned a bit about solid, liquid and gas fuels and you may like to know that one of the better fuels(kerosine) to use for fire twirling with the lowest fall out, that is called "fire water" or "twirling water" in the fire performing scene is aka AV2. I found this site through the facebook page "Pilots explain Contrails - and the Chemtrail Hoax" a bit over a year ago and I have found it quite helpful even if it does take ages sometimes to find the information I am looking for.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!, I am so thrilled to have found this site, excellent insight and comments regarding Flight 370. Mick West`s analysis is spot on....well done sir!!

Hello Beth,

I (too) have decided, after a long career in aviation as a pilot, to attempt to educate people about the myth, really the 'Urban Legend' that is
the "chem"trail belief phenomenon.

Please feel free to PM (Private Message) me, if you wish, and I will be happy to help in any ways I can, to provide actual information, and not "Bunk". ;)

It was positive:

Hmmm. (The mention of MB occurs at about 6:00 minutes).

He actually said: "Contributors to the online sceptic site 'Metabunk.org' were far ruder than that..."

And: "....with page upon page of analysis, and derisory comments."

Uh-oh (?). Actually, I've followed the thread a bit, and didn't find the scepticism (OK, American "English", just to make Spell-Check happy....skepticism) particularly "rude" nor "derisive".

PS: Interesting program, though. I tended to like the style....I can think of a few "networks" here in the U.S. who could take lessons.....

It sounded to me like a media spin on words to add a bit more "wtf" factor to the claims.. kind of a.. "Hey look.. the guys on this BLOG dont even buy into it, and theyve got TONS of research and discussion on it.. " The thing is though, we're probably considered rude by a lot of people.. mainly for just not buying into the bull and calling people out on it. Probably just depends on your sensitivities.

Greetings all

My name is Alan
I am an Armorer / Blacksmith and I tinker with inventions. I also post some videos on Youtube under the name ABtheHammer This forum looks very interesting to me and am looking forward to posting.

Hello, decided to register to comment on another thread and introduce myself first. I own an electronics repair shop in Michigan, and have become the designated killjoy on a few other (mostly gaming) forums where UFO or Nessie pictures occasionally shows up. They're not welcoming environments for that kind of thing, but most people just insult them and start useless arguments, I rather enjoy picking apart the pictures on their own merits.

Actually found the site a few weeks ago while trying to figure out the Apple Map Nessie picture (I assumed it was a small boat lost in the wake, not a large one wiped out in image processing, and couldn't figure out how the separate U/V wakes could form like that), and it's already become one of my go-to resources.

Hello, decided to register to comment on another thread and introduce myself first. I own an electronics repair shop in Michigan, and have become the designated killjoy on a few other (mostly gaming) forums where UFO or Nessie pictures occasionally shows up. They're not welcoming environments for that kind of thing, but most people just insult them and start useless arguments, I rather enjoy picking apart the pictures on their own merits.

Actually found the site a few weeks ago while trying to figure out the Apple Map Nessie picture (I assumed it was a small boat lost in the wake, not a large one wiped out in image processing, and couldn't figure out how the separate U/V wakes could form like that), and it's already become one of my go-to resources.
Welcome to Metabunk! Please review our Posting Guidelines when you can: https://www.metabunk.org/threads/posting-guidelines.2064/

Hi, I was linked to the GeoResonance thread from another forum, and this place looks great. I already made a couple of posts before coming here to the newbie thread, and was wondering how long the moderation process for new member posts usually takes.

Hi, I was linked to the GeoResonance thread from another forum, and this place looks great. I already made a couple of posts before coming here to the newbie thread, and was wondering how long the moderation process for new member posts usually takes.
I believe Mick has it set to two or three moderated posts.

Greetings,

First, let me state that the moniker I'm using is one I'll try NOT to live up to here. I use it as a means of getting a laugh out of people, even if at my own expense. Despite hearing of you guys through Media Watch on Australia's ABC, I'm actually from the US. I suppose this is my way of saying hello and getting into the thick of things here. I suppose I'll see what happens from here. BTW, my name is Derrick, but you can just call me "Douchebag". :D

Greetings,

First, let me state that the moniker I'm using is one I'll try NOT to live up to here. I use it as a means of getting a laugh out of people, even if at my own expense. Despite hearing of you guys through Media Watch on Australia's ABC, I'm actually from the US. I suppose this is my way of saying hello and getting into the thick of things here. I suppose I'll see what happens from here. BTW, my name is Derrick, but you can just call me "Douchebag". :D

I just wanted to say "Hello" and add a "Thanks" for making me laugh out loud, this morning (Pacific Time Zone, U.S., here).

(Hand-Shake GIF insert here).

and was wondering how long the moderation process for new member posts usually takes.

I believe Mick has it set to two or three moderated posts.

Actually, I don't think there's any restriction apart from needing moderator approval for any first post. There's spam threads waiting for moderator approval that are first posts, so no reason a new member can't make one either.

Back