USS Omaha "Transmedium" Sphere Descending To the Sea

I was browsing through another UFO thread when I noticed an IR photo of a UFO/UAP filmed from police helicopter in Britain which looks strikingly like the Omaha one, i.e. a black spherical blob! In that case it was speculated that it was a 'chinese lantern', but also stated that it was 'moving against the wind'. It was probably closer to the camera than in the Omaha case, assuming that that one was on or beyond the horizon, but may still be useful for comparison. It is in this thread:

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/ufo-video-in-arizona-from-reddit.10791/#post-232196

Scroll to #22 and the fifth (?) photo in that post. You'll know it when you see it.

Jeremy Corbell has posted a video of the radar screen of the Omaha here:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOtdF206lHc

It doesn't seem to be a continuous clip, but looking the bottom right corner, I noticed the following coordinates:

32 30 37.3N
118 57 37.2W
7.70 NM
@0:05 in the video

32 34 142N
119 11 341W
5.37 NM
@0:34 in the video

I believe those to be the coordinates of some of the objects being tracked. If we know the date and rough time of the encounter, someone can check flight radar to rule out commercial aircraft.

We have discussed this radar clip here

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/uss-omaha-ufo-uap-radar-video.11762/

The basics seem to be this is "surface and just above" level system i.e. for tracking boats and helicopters, but it's full capabilities are not fully know, Nor is it know if it is capable of being donated tracks from other systems.

"very strong, super strong case". Yeahhh right.

Corroborating evidence? hmm. But I am not Mick, so I leave it to him to respond.

Last edited:
He hasn't addressed the blinking when it is supposedly splashing. Unless he is suggesting that it is due to waves crashing into it. Were the three—this one, radar and Jeremy's latest— videos filmed on the same date & time though? If the were, why weren't they all released at the same time.

He hasn't addressed the blinking when it is supposedly splashing. Unless he is suggesting that it is due to waves crashing into it. Were the three—this one, radar and Jeremy's latest— videos filmed on the same date & time though? If the were, why weren't they all released at the same time.

There was some time correlation between the radar video and the sphere video done somewhere in the radar thread I'll try and dig it out.

Are we able to tell how far the camera was from the object? Seems like if it was just a weather balloon (and the original observer was close enough) the navy would have been able to identify it. Not to mention the object shows up black on what I assume is an IR camera... A flare would make more sense as Mick suggests, but does not explain the missing smoke trail. It would be nice if Jeremy Corbell (or the Navy) would release the original video... I get a headache from watching a recording of a recording.

As another point of comparison for the USS Omaha 'transmedium' sphere, the following may be of interest. It is taken from an official Russian military film, and is claimed to show a Russian missile strike on a Ukrainian shipyard. For the present purpose the relevant part is in the first few seconds, which appear to show IR footage in 'black hot' mode. The point of interest is a black circular blob which descends towards the horizon, briefly rising again, then falling again until it disappears from sight, apparently some distance short of the horizon, followed by a large black 'mushroom cloud'. Taken together with the background information about the event, i.e. a Russian missile hitting a ground target and exploding, the natural interpretation is that the black 'blob' is the IR 'black' heat signature of a missile and its exhaust. The blob shrinks in size in the first few seconds, suggesting that is is going away from the camera (which is natural if the camera is at or near the launch point of the missile), it descends as it approaches the target, rises briefly to adjust the aim, then falls and disappears as it hits the target. A later part of the footage, around 43 to 50 seconds, shows the background tilting, which suggests that the missile was launched from a plane which banks and turns away after completion of its mission. Other viewers may be able to interpret the symbols on screen.

What struck me most on first seeing this was the visual similarity to the Omaha 'sphere'. In fact, for a moment I wondered if I had got my YouTube settings muddled up and was actually viewing the Omaha video again! Of course there are significant differences: notably the Omaha sphere maintains much the same apparent size as it falls, whereas the Russian missile appears to shrink as it goes away from the camera. But the similarities are also striking. If we didn't have the background information about the Russian missile (and the mushroom cloud), would we be able to identify the 'blob'? Would it be another amazing UAP?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBiE8oG0aek

My first thought for the blinking when it "splashes" was a wave in front of the flare simply blocked the flare light as it moved past. They mention large swells in the audio. As the flare gets close to the surface it's in a trough and then a peak temporarily blocks the light and passes and in the next trough we see the flare hit the water.

Back