USS Omaha UFO / UAP Radar Video

Alphadunk

Omaha Radar Screenhot enhanced .jpg
https://www.mysterywire.com/ufo/ufo...erral&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=t.co

YouTube Video here.

Filmmaker Jeremy Corbell has released a new video showing unidentified objects being monitored by Navy personnel on board the USS Omaha on July, 2019.

This new video was recorded during the same event seen in earlier Navy video Corbell released that showed an unidentified sphere disappearing into the Pacific Ocean.

Article:
:01 “OOD if you can write a general lat/long of where we’re at.”
:03 [faint voice] “We do have some X-band RADAR tracks…”
:05 “Yes sir.”
:06 “And then… the number of contacts you’ve got. Get the course and speed meters off ’em.”
:09 “Copy.”
:10 “You know what I mean? In relative position to us. And bearings. Might be helpful too.”
:15 “Eyes up.”
:16 “Eyes down.”
:18 [intercom] “CSM TAO Maintain track, maintain track as best you can.”
:24 “Track 781 just sped up to 46 knots. 50 knots. Closing in.”
:33 “138 knots. Holy s***. They’re going fast. Oh, it’s turning around.”
:36 “That one’s pretty much perfectly zero zero zero relative, right?”
:39 “Yeah.”
:40 “263 at 3 miles. 55 knots, speed.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely sounds like "138 knots" to me through headphones.

What does "perfectly zero zero zero relative" mean?

I think at 00:33 he says "oh, actually 38 knots" - not 138 knots. Any opinions?

It sounds like 138 to me. It may be supported by the video as well. If the dotted lines on the radar are displaying a velocity vector (speed and direction) then the length of the dotted line is the speed, and the direction it is pointing is the direction the tracked object is traveling. Matching the called out speeds with the track numbers could allow one to match the size of the dotted line with a known speed, but the track numbers are tough to read.

If this release is unauthorised, I trust there will be some court-martials. Unlike most of the previous releases, this one is potentially useful to an adversary, especially if some of the radar signals are due to spoofing by hostile electronic warfare agents.

I think at 00:33 he says "oh, actually 38 knots" - not 138 knots. Any opinions?
Neither - to my ear, definitely not "one hundred thirty eight knots" or "one thirty eight knots" though. Setting it to 0.75 speed makes it a bit easier.

edit: Changed my mind, I think he says "Oh a hundred and thirty eight knots". Attached an audio clip slowed down and with a bit of eq.

Attachments

• 38knots.mp3
    48.6 KB
Last edited:
Hello, I was doing some research on this video to figure out more data, and from the UI it's clearly a Sperry Marine navigational radar, which matches with what's specified in this page:
https://www.seaforces.org/usnships/lcs/LCS-12-USS-Omaha.htm

However, looking at the manuals and comparing with the UI in the video, the version mentioned in that page "BridgeMaster E" is probably old and was since upgraded.
The one in the video matches quite closely with the VisionMaster FT, although the UI in the video says "Sperry Marine VMS" which may just be part of the wider virtual bridge operating system.
https://www.sperrymarine.com/system...dc-b575-8884-61e2-09d26ca63759/VMFT Radar.pdf
So this is a navigational radar, not a targeting radar.

Has someone been able to sharpen the video a bit to recover more of the UI data? from Youtube, even in 1080p, the UI data is difficult to read...

I haven't had much luck cleaning up the video to see if anything else could be gleaned from the display. I was curious if the blurriness around the edges was put in artificially or part of the original video. When blowing out the contrast & brightness I don't see any obvious signs of manipulation. My hunch was that if the data on the radar screen was purposefully obfuscated it would lead credence to the theories that this stuff is being prepared for public dissemination through Corbell for some unknown reason.

In regards to the provenance of the video this is what Corbell had to say about it (Source):
Well, luckily, we have footage from the CIC that was obtained by a crew that was specifically called in to film these anomalous events, a very special visual intelligence crew that came in and filmed the screen of the radars. That’s how we’re going to deliver it to the public.

If we take his word for it that still doesn't answer how/why this was released. Very strange.

corbell-radar1.png

Last edited:
I'm a little confused why there's no mention of altitude. It seems like the Visionmaster FT is just for boats. And tracking speed only goes up to 150 knots (realtive to the speed of the ship, the Omaha in this case)

2021-05-27_17-12-45.jpg

Is the one in the video different? Can it track flying things?

Attachments

• Technical Specification Visonmaster FT 27675356.pdf
    100.6 KB · Views: 575
The audio makes no mention of altitude either. Hmm, seems a bit odd they would be tracking drones from a radar that's mean for sea-level traffic.

That it's tracking a boat in the videos makes some of amount of sense, no? The operator seemed surprised it was moving at 138 knots. That is impressive for a boat, not so much for an aircraft.

So in the opening post the date seems to be partially missing -- does anybdy ahve a definitive date for this? Chatter on 4channel/x/ is that this is the day before the "transmedium sphere" video, but sources for that are not provided.

Is the one in the video different? Can it track flying things?

According to this overview of MIL-STD-2525 the icons on the scope just mean 'hostile surface track'. There's a different icon family for aerial tracks. It's unclear if they are only showing as surface tracks because they've been designated as such or if this particular radar system just isn't set up to track aerial targets.

tracks - Copy.png

Could someone please explain exactly what we are supposed to be seeing here? Are the little moving blips supposed to be the "80,000 ft to 50 ft" craft?

This is interesting. Based on Mick's screenshot of the interface it looks like the operator has selected the 'Curs' tab in the bottom right. The output shows the current latitude, longitude of the cursor, but also its bearing and range presumably relative to the ship. I confirmed that this data seems to change appropriately when the cursor is moved. Unfortunately Corbell's overlay obscures a lot of it throughout the video but you could almost certainly work out the position and possible bearing and speed of the ship for those portions of the video where the operator isn't moving the cursor.

location.png

That location puts the ship about where the blue dot is during the part of the video above, 7.7 NM due west of the cursor.

1622168676084.png

As per Mick's above comment about the Visionmaster it seems they are tracking at least 2 objects, both moving between ~45 knots to ~138 knots at sea level. Corbell mentions some 14-odd objects that were apparently tracked but during this video I only hear them talking about 2 objects, track 781 and then near the end track 263. No idea what the process is for assigning numbers to these tracks, doubt there was between 200 and 700 of anything out there. So nothing in there about altitude or going from 80k ft to 50 ft. This seems most likely related to his earlier "leak" with the object that was shown on heat camera flying through the sky then descending into the ocean, I believe this is the same ship and this most recent video occurs a day before that one.

Neither - to my ear, definitely not "one hundred thirty eight knots" or "one thirty eight knots" though. Setting it to 0.75 speed makes it a bit easier.

edit: Changed my mind, I think he says "Oh a hundred and thirty eight knots". Attached an audio clip slowed down and with a bit of eq.
I think I'm honestly going crazy over what's being said - I hear "oh actually 38 knots" and then I hear "a 138 knots holy shit". I cleaned up your audio using a notch filter to remove what to eye looked like the most egregious spikes in the FFT (which I assume would be the background whines). I guess this is yanny/laurel all over again. But I do think 138 makes sense in the context of "holy shit"

Attachments

• freq_notched_png.png
    freq_notched_png.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 386
  • cleaned_138_38_wav.wav
    217.3 KB
Last edited:
According to this overview of MIL-STD-2525 the icons on the scope just mean 'hostile surface track'. There's a different icon family for aerial tracks. It's unclear if they are only showing as surface tracks because they've been designated as such or if this particular radar system just isn't set up to track aerial targets.

tracks - Copy.png

Maybe it's based on altitude to determine if they are sea or air tracks. But then they would have to be flying low, so yeah don't know. It is strange they are showing up as surface tracks ie green cross

Did you find any info on what the classification of Neutral is . That would be interesting to see what they classify as being a Neutral target

all in all, I don't see anything inconsistant with them encountering drones along with the rest of the fleet which TheDrive reported on

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...us-drones-off-california-over-numerous-nights

Last edited:
I'm deeply curious as to where the speaker gets the 138 knots measurement from. The UI as posted by Mick and as seen in the video has two places where SOG (Speed over ground) is displayed in knots.

sog highlight mick ui.png
sog highlight corbell radar.png

During all other clips where speed is given by the speaker, the SOG is displayed on the right hand panel and seems (to my naked eye, having slowed down and attempted to sharpen the footage the best I can make out are how many digits there are) to align with what is said. However, during the "138 knots" clip, the SOG is not being displayed on the right hand panel. The upper left panel where it would be displayed appears to show a two digit number (with one decimal place).
sog highlight 138 claim.png

So it doesn't seem like the speaker can be getting the 138 knots figure from any of the displayed instrumentation. Would they have been able to get that figure from elsewhere, perhaps a different display tracking something else? Is it possibly a mistake in relaying the COG (course over ground), which is measured in degrees and does appear to be a three digit number?

Excluding the 138 knot outlier, the other mentioned speeds are 46, 50, and 55 knots.

Could someone please explain exactly what we are supposed to be seeing here? Are the little moving blips supposed to be the "80,000 ft to 50 ft" craft?
No. They are supposed to be a "swarm" of drones, or maybe something else, that was observed around the USS Kidd and USS Russel and other ships on July 14&15 2019
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/uss-kidd-and-other-ships-drones-encounter-2019.11681/

More specifically Corbell says they related to the "Sphere" video taken from the Omaha - although this is a bit later that same day.
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/uss-omaha-transmedium-sphere-descending-to-the-sea.11711/

I just listened to it again and now I heard "oh, 138 knots", and now I can't hear it the other way!
I slowed it down and listened to it, sounds very much like 138 knots

Mind you, they did say the wind was blowing to 40 knot gusts in the sphere video. Just worth noting if you plan on postulating whether this fits inside or outside the top speed of certain craft. It could be the craft was travelling with the wind at 98 knots airspeed - 138 knots ground speed

He says "oh, actually 38 knots" and doesn't sound anything like 138. You got confused by YouTube's transcription algorithm.

Notice that there is a cut between when he says this and the speed readings discussed seconds before that. His intonation and words give the impression of surprise, but we don't really know what they were talking about the same objects.

Are these speeds relative to ship's?

Last edited:
Could anyone please inform me whether there has been 100% official confirmation that this footage is indeed genuine ? Also, what is the precedent/guideline on recording and publishing footage of a current radar system on an active war ship ?
Thanks

Retrieving this vessel's position during the timespan in question could help confirm the date of the recording.

Historical ship tracking isn't coming for free though. I'll see if there is an pay-per-case opportunity anywhere.
There is! I sent off an email earlier today and just got back the reply. They offer locations for Swan Ace in Jun-Aug 2019 down to every five minutes, or every hour if you're willing to pay less. Even the lowest price, $171 for hour-by-hour data, is a bit much for my measly coffers, unfortunately.

Back