Useful Chemtrail Debunking Images and Infographics

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
i'd seen this picture used in Chem-trail posts and was sure i'd seen it before but could not track it down,,, heres the answer

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ng-to-queensland/story-fnkt21jb-1227081216729
The original image is from Wikipedia, by Mick Petrov in 2009. The Courier-Mail should have credited him.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:MorningGloryCloudBurketownFromPlane.jpg

Critical Thinker

From the folks at IFLScience

Hama Neggs

I have seen lots of "snow donuts", but they were formed by snow rolling down slopes. You can see the track they made when rolling.

Trailblazer

Staff member
I just put this one together, to illustrate the role that humidity plays in contrail formation. Yes, it's a simplification, but the difference is quite stark. Ideally I'd have taken a photo from the same spot but I was already running late this morning!

comparison.jpg

Gunguy45

RFMarine....I've seen that more than once on helo's landing on our flight deck back in the day. Not from that angle of course. Cooler humid days as I remember? Could have been just vortices, from aerodynamic forces I guess? Or is that what that actually shows?

WeedWhacker

Could have been just vortices, from aerodynamic forces I guess?
Yes (I'll jump in). Those are aerodynamic trails, from the tips of the rotors. Just as you sometimes (in very humid air, even at low altitudes) the same effect from the tips of airplane wings and control surfaces (such as trailing edge flaps). I suspect, also, that the helicopter photo was a long exposure, so the effect is more pronounced.

Hama Neggs

Yes (I'll jump in). Those are aerodynamic trails, from the tips of the rotors. Just as you sometimes (in very humid air, even at low altitudes) the same effect from the tips of airplane wings and control surfaces (such as trailing edge flaps). I suspect, also, that the helicopter photo was a long exposure, so the effect is more pronounced.
That's not a long exposure at all. The trails make it look that way, but look at the blades. Not much motion during the exposure.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
That's not a long exposure at all. The trails make it look that way, but look at the blades. Not much motion during the exposure.
Yeah, it's probably 1/250th or thereabouts. Blade tip contrails are very short lived, but they are also several yards long. Here's a photo I took at 1/1000th of a second
upload_2014-10-8_8-37-59.png

This one is very popular in the german chemtrail-Scene, there are two satirical modifications made to fool chemtrail-believers.

See https://www.metabunk.org/threads/have-any-debunkers-created-bunk-to-discredit-bunk-believers.1611/#post-44529
50% of my DNA is German, yet I am unable to understand the words added to that satirical picture!
:)

Yes, it may be a picture that causes silly people to imagine silly things, but the link to airliners.net proves that the aircraft is a civilian airliner carrying passengers and creating profit for a corporation.
To me, this is absolute proof that the aircraft is not equipped to do anything other than create maximum profit at minimum cost for the airline.

It is amazing that there are those who think that for-profit commercial airlines are paying to install illegal equipment and paying to purchase and carry and disburse illegal chemicals (all of which would add to weight, complexity and fuel consumption)!
Honestly, I'm starting to wonder why I care if they believe in "chemtrails"...
We can't save the world. We can't save people from themselves and their choice to not research and test the validity of every theory that comes along.

Why do we spend our time trying to explain reality to people who believe that everyone who explains reality to them is "a government agent"?

I mean, look at the recent thread on the DHL 747-8 over Redding, CA... look at the effort they went to and the extreme level of documentation and explanation given.
All that time and effort expended by numerous people out of a sense of empathy and the desire to help one person to not be afraid of fiction anymore.
And yet, all of that work for nothing because "there are things being done that we don't know about".

I think I'm done.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Hama Neggs

Maybe this isn't where this should go, but I can't find a/the thread for claimed chemtrail equipment images. I don't remember seeing this one before.

GregMc

It's deliberate smoke for visualising the wing tip wake vortex for F/A-18s as part of NASA's research into Autonomous Formation flight.
The goal is to achieve group formation flying efficiency by flying in staggered close formation ... like migrating Ducks and benefit from the wing disturbance of the forward aircraft.
The aerobatic style smoke generators as sometimes seen at airshows (but not usually on F/A-18s are used so that the pilots can accurately position their planes in just the right place for maximum efficiency without having to guess where the wingtip vortex is.
http://www.dfrc.nasa.gov/Gallery/Photo/AFF/HTML/EC01-0328-12.html
http://www.nasa.gov/centers/dryden/history/pastprojects/AFF/index.html#.VFrJzigkPSd

GregMc

I can't really imagine commercial aircraft doing this.
God no but it's interesting reading. They got some fuel efficiency improvements up to about 15% I think.
Also seems to be in relation to automated flight positioning but I'd imagine for military jets it wouldn't be tactically such a great idea to have them clustered so close together where a SAM would have rich pickings!

Critical Thinker

An obviously photoshopped image is being spread around by the chemtrail cultists..... but on a up note it may be the first time I have seen a CTer critical of any supposed evidence shared by other CTers.

Capture.JPG

WeedWhacker

Is it fair now to say that the group "Socal Skywatch" (on FB) has lost any credibility?

Meaning, they allowed an obviously fake image appear on their page. Were they "fooled" by 'CA Chemtrail'?

Is 'CA Chemtrail' acting as a sort of "Poe", here?

(Realize that the term "Poe" originates as a result of certain online arguments RE: religion, but it seems apt, here).

Trailblazer

Staff member
Is it fair now to say that the group "Socal Skywatch" (on FB) has lost any credibility?

Meaning, they allowed an obviously fake image appear on their page. Were they "fooled" by 'CA Chemtrail'?

(Realize that the term "Poe" originates as a result of certain online arguments RE: religion, but it seems apt, here).
I do have my suspicions about "CA Chemtrails". Both the Facebook page and the Twitter feed are just an endless stream of pictures of contrails and various aircraft equipment, labelled "chemtrails" or "chemplane" as appropriate. I'm not quite sure what the goal is!

Critical Thinker

The thing is that the websites/video's created by "Socal Skywatch" (Syd Stevens) never had any credibility, but folks give them the benefit of the doubt from the get go. They first meet the conspiracy recruiter at a protest where the person presents them self as an activist which resonates with other people at whatever protest the conspiracy recruiter is attending. (below are just the events he recruited at in the last couple of years.... quite a few).

The chemtrail recruiter is emphatic and passionate and appeals to the emotions of the other activists that are at the protest and then they become Facebook friends and start reading more of the BS scare-mongering posts day after day, still believing that the conspiracy recruiter is as honest and passionate about wrongs in the world as the person being recruited.... and they slowly get drawn in....

2.JPG 1.JPG 3.JPG

hemi

Reminds me of my "Worst. Depopulation. Plan. Ever." post I did a couple of years back over at nutbars (and now at its new home, chemtrailsnz)...
Since I almost died laughing at some of the content in this thread, it seems to me that the CTers are the ones closest to advancing the depopulation plan with maximum effectiveness!

(Well... not quite! The pharmaceutical companies and Monsanto have them beat!)

Last edited:

WeedWhacker

I almost died laughing at some of the content in this thread
I believe THAT (^^^) is a problem. Those of us who understand the science may "mock" those who do not understand it, AND that is the gist of what Mick West is attempting, here: Do Not Mock. Period.

Lemme put this into a different context, please?

Let's say you are a teacher with a classroom full of...I dunno? 4th graders?

AND you then introduce a Lesson Plan that is FAR, FAR beyond what they've learned so far...Advanced Trig, perhaps? Or even Calculus? (Won't work without the BASICS before-hand, in most cases).

"Baby Steps"....people....."baby steps".....

I believe THAT (^^^) is a problem. Those of us who understand the science may "mock" those who do not understand it, AND that is the gist of what Mick West is attempting, here: Do Not Mock. Period.
I agree with you 100%!!!
I would never mock a believer to their face.

Wait a minute... aren't you the guy who got posts removed by Mick for mocking CTers (or did I confuse you for someone else?)? So you've changed your ways? Mick got through to ya? ;)

After swearing off trying to help these people on youtube for good (because it never helps- they just call me shill/troll/cia" and dismiss me with confirmation bias)... I somehow found myself replying to a comment alert I received on Friday.

I've been politely explaining to the guy that a contrail that persists or spreads out does not magically become a "chemtrail" for those reasons.
They just can't hear it! In fact, he told me that my video of persistent contrails is "actually documenting "chemtrails"!

I finally uploaded my video of persistent contrails. It's not the best video ever because it has captions instead of audio (I'll fix it in the future), but it does debunk the idea that persistent contrails are "chemtrails".
Unfortunately I had no way to include screenshots of the flightradar24.com data I used because I was at the airport at work and in my car- not at home. It shows persistent contrails from two FedEx 777s and two WestJet 737s.

It has three dislikes from believers- I'm quite proud of that!

Last edited:

Critical Thinker

Here is a Ted presentation from Gavin Pretor-Pinney, founder of the Cloud Appreciation Society.

http://www.ted.com/talks/gavin_pretor_pinney_cloudy_with_a_chance_of_joy

Miss VocalCord

I came across this one and since I didn't made it myself this seemed the most correct place to post it:
There are some more very nice videos on the channel.

MikeC

Closed Account
ICAO flight map - click on a route to find how many flights ICAO thinks it had in 2002, 2010, 2012 or 2013.

You can zoom in to identify individual routes, or if you do click on several in close proximity it will give you all of them - eg if you click on DFW airport you get something over 440 to cycle through!!

john Mont

"The skies never used to look like this"

I like this image because it shows not only a persistent contrail well before the late 90s (1983) but it shows multiple trails in the same sky, it shows shadows, it shows sundogs...and its shows a general overall cirrus-y haze that so many people claim never happened before "chemtrails". Clearly, it happened on a winters day in 1983 in North Carolina.

http://www.1000plus.com/Imagic/8301sund.htm

View attachment 1219
There were persistent contrails during WWII,pilots were warned to stay below a ceretain altitude.

cloudspotter

I finally uploaded my video of persistent contrails. It's not the best video ever because it has captions instead of audio (I'll fix it in the future), but it does debunk the idea that persistent contrails are "chemtrails".
Unfortunately I had no way to include screenshots of the flightradar24.com data I used because I was at the airport at work and in my car- not at home. It shows persistent contrails from two FedEx 777s and two WestJet 737s.

It has three dislikes from believers- I'm quite proud of that!
I've just seen this video posted in a chemtrails facebook group by one of the group admins. There's only a handful of members in the group but your video has already had three 'likes' and one of the admins has commented "We need more whistle blowers!" o_O