Pre 1995 Persistent Contrail Archive

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Last edited:

Trailblazer

Staff member
One from my mother's photo album that I've been meaning to add. Taken on Lundy, an island off the southwest of England, in 1986. I've boosted the contrast, as the sky was very washed out. (This was taken on a Disc camera, which weren't known for their image quality!)

lundy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

GregMc

Senior Member.
This is a video from 1994/1995 of the replacement "Big Dipper" Rollercoaster at Sydney's "Luna Park" showing rather substantial contrails.
There was another video of the big dipper showing huge contrails in background but it may have been removed.
Complaints of noise from new residents to the area (like how people move close to airports because it's cheap then try to have the airport shut down!!) led to the park being closed in early 1996

Trailblazer

Staff member
A rather depressing couple of images here, but interesting from a historical perspective.

This page has photos of Aberfan, in Wales, after the disaster in 1966 where a colliery spoil tip slipped down the hill and engulfed the village school. http://www.alangeorge.co.uk/AberfanDisaster_Page2.htm

Looks like a contrail, but may be a flaw on the photo?

This one is more certain:

Efftup

Senior Member.
I noticed some in at least one of the Mad max films I was rewatching in preparation for going to see the new one.
AND in The Italian Job (1969) as well.
I am noticing them in films all the time now. It;s kind of depressing that this complete rubbish reduces your enjoyment of a film cos you start to notice random background stuff.

WeedWhacker

I just re-watched a movie...produced entirely in Australia, and "WELL" before the concept and current "meme" that is now known as "Chem"trails ever existed.

I could not pull a "screen-shot", but at the 16-minute point.....the camera pans UP, and several lingering contrails are clearly evident....this film was released in 1994....(U.S. distribution)....so I presume most of the filming was in 1993...could have been early 1994, but this is easy to research: "The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert".

Again....about 16 minutes in, if you prefer to "fast-forward"...(but, it's a wonderfully heart-warming flick, if you give it a chance?).....

derwoodii

Senior Member.
100's family pictures are on screen saver random rotation and one from Canada 1960ies pooped up last week,,, hey looky a nice thick contrail over Calgary behind the kids, now I got to search it out of the many mix, it may take some time.

Trailblazer

Staff member
Looks like some rather distant contrails here in a photo of Squaw Valley CA, in a skiing magazine from 1987:

upload_2015-6-3_13-11-58.png

Close-up view:

upload_2015-6-3_13-12-54.png

deirdre

Senior Member.
I doubt it. They have preservationists for that sort of thing.
its an aquatint by Clark and Dubourg. its on all the copies i could find. My understanding (which isnt much) is with aquatints the color is 'pooled' onto the plate. so the white 'lightning' could have been easily fixed after the first printing.

anyway, ...either way its not an airplane flying at 30,000 feet in 1815. :p

aqua.PNG

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Graham2001 Contrails in literary fiction - Pre 1995 Contrails and Chemtrails 0
Leifer 1951 airplane spotters guide, USAF Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 2
cmnit Contrails in satellite images pre-1995 Contrails and Chemtrails 23
Clouds Givemethewillies Persistent Aerodynamic Contrails From Propellor Tips Contrails and Chemtrails 12
Mick West Persistent Aerodynamic Contrail Forming @28,500 on 787 Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 0
Mick West Giant Dark Persistent Aerodynamic Contrail Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 6
Trailblazer Persistent contrails at 26,000ft Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Tapir-mâché Curious-- how low can persistent contrails form? Contrails and Chemtrails 25
Mick West Persistent Trails Survey Shows Chemtrail Believers Only Recently Noticed Persistent Trails Contrails and Chemtrails 32
Mick West 1952 - Condensation Trails From Aircraft - With a 1937 Persistent Contrail Photo - Oldest Ever? Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Mick West An unusual persistent aerodynamic contrail Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 11
MikeG "Non-Persistent" and "Non-Visible Chemtrails" Contrails and Chemtrails 29
Mick West Persistent Cumuliform Contrails at 25,000 feet over California? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 20
S Persistent Spreading Contrail Contrails and Chemtrails 4
Trailspotter Persistent Blue Spiral in the Gulf of Oman General Discussion 8
D [NeedInfo]Persistent Contrails Picture Show Contrails and Chemtrails 2
M Converting Relative Humidity with regards to water, to Relative Humidity with regards to ice Contrails and Chemtrails 3
O More on debunking "no persistent contrails" Contrails and Chemtrails 12
cmnit Debunked: No persistent contrails in Russia Contrails and Chemtrails 67
Mick West Debunked: The Science Claims of Global March Against Chemtrails and Geoengineering Contrails and Chemtrails 4
Trailblazer Busy Sky over Southern UK - July 30 2014 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 4
Dylmar Are there more persistent contrails these days? Contrails and Chemtrails 49
Mick West Debunking "Contrails don't Persist" with a Study of 70 Years of Books on Clouds Contrails and Chemtrails 98
Ross Marsden Aerodynamic and Exhaust Mediated Persistent Contrails - When do they Form? Contrails and Chemtrails 52
Jay Reynolds Debunked: "Hygroscopic Smoke" Produces Persistent Contrails Contrails and Chemtrails 1
mrfintoil Discussion: False memories and "No persistent trails in the past" Contrails and Chemtrails 46
WavedRhyme Persistent contrails and overcast the day after Contrails and Chemtrails 12
George B Debunk Global Warming can reduce the number of Persistent Contrails Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Mick West Michael J. Murphy Admits Persistent Contrails Exist. Can't tell the difference. Contrails and Chemtrails 26
M Relative humidity difference between persistent and non-persistent contrails Contrails and Chemtrails 41
G Persistent Contrail Since 1919 Contrails and Chemtrails 0
JFDee Research: Consequences of Travel Shutdown for Contrail Coverage Contrails and Chemtrails 1
TEEJ Sunlit contrail, Cambridgeshire, UK causing media flap 15th April 2020 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Curt Collins UFO: Contrail over Canada? Jackhead, Manitoba UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 32
Rory Unidentified "space vehicle" Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 8
Mick West Sunset Contrail "UFO" over Denver, Nov 23 2018 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Mick West Aerodynamic Contrails at 27,000 to 31,000 feet near Sacramento Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 2
C Explanation Strange contrail like structures over English Bay, Vancouver 8:30 PM Aug 5 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Mick West Cut off contrail at sunrise with Corona Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 0
Mick West Illusion of Contrail Asymmetry from Flying perpendicular to the Sun Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 0
JFDee Falcon Heavy First Launch - Vertical Rocket Contrail Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 3
Mick West Late Distrail and Later Contrail Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Clouds Givemethewillies Contrail lobes or mamma? The importance of correct terminology Contrails and Chemtrails 0
Trailspotter Contrail cross over Tasmania and spinning contrails over Victoria Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 0
Mick West Tracking the Contrail of ANA173 with GOES-16 Images Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 14
Mick West Zigzag contrail on Terra Image Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 4
StarGazer SpaceX Falcon 9 Captures Video of its own Contrail from Space UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 17
Mick West Explained: Manurewa NZ, 'Extra-terrestrial' Fireball Jumps Up [Contrail, Altitude change] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
Mick West Halifax, NS: Regularly Spaced Gaps in Contrails [Ethiopian Flight 501] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 47
Mick West Explained: Viral Video of 787 Leaving Thick Contrails with Forced Perspective Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 1
Related Articles

Related Articles