Oregon Standoff Reporter Arrested by FBI

MikeG

Senior Member.
The Liberty Beacon covered the arrest of reporter Mike Emry in a recent post:

Tyranny comes in many forms. Much of the time it is disguised as a benevolent action taken by a government agency or government contractor. Other times it is as overt as the “toxins” being applied to the population via the air, water, food and vaccinations. If that was not bad enough, Tyranny goes well beyond toxins and surrounds us under the heading of the Military-Industrial-Complex. Included in this is the Perpetual War machine, the Federal Reserve “Banksters” and a corrupt and failing Legal System. Law Enforcement, not all departments or jurisdictions, must be included in the latter.

This past week saw another Tyrannical action taken by, what is to be reported, a Federal agency in the arrest of Oregon TV Reporter Mike Emery.
Content from External Source
http://www.thelibertybeacon.com/63929-2/

The story portrays Emry as an honest journalist who apparently provoked local and federal authorities while covering the standoff at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. His wife alleges that the arrest was in retaliation for Emery’s reporting.

However, court papers filed by the federal government indicate that Emry was arrested for possessing a fully functional Browning .50 caliber machine gun.
M2 Browning.jpg
The arrest warrant also notes that the serial number of the weapon had been removed.
Emery Arrest Warrant.jpg
http://dailyhaze.com/michael-emry-of-tvoi-news-arrested-by-fbi/

For anyone who has even a passing familiarity with military weaponry, the M2 is a serious piece of hardware. I don’t see any gray area as far as what it might be used to accomplish.

More to the point, Emery had no license for the weapon, something made clear in the warrant.

For anyone who has even a passing familiarity with military weaponry, the M2 is a serious piece of hardware. I don’t see any gray area as far as what it might be used to accomplish.

More to the point, Emery had no license for the weapon, something made clear in the warrant.

I have to say I sympathize with Emery somewhat.

I'm not a gun guy, but as somewhat of a military enthusiast it's clear that a Ma Deuce would be the jewel of a gun collection. In addition to being a beast of a gun, it's one of the longest continuously serving weapons in the US military, introduced in 1933 and still in use. Owning a non-working weapon would be like owning a Ferrari that didn't have an engine; what's the point?

That said, a scratched off serial means it was probably not sourced legally, whether slated for destruction and sold instead, or something similar.

And get a license. Seriously, the gubment isn't licensing you to round up the weapons later; telling them you have it is a reassurance that you intend to be responsible with it. Of course, the license probably asks for a serial, so, you know, get a legally obtained gun. :rolleyes:

I have to say I sympathize with Emery somewhat.

I'm not a gun guy, but as somewhat of a military enthusiast it's clear that a Ma Deuce would be the jewel of a gun collection. In addition to being a beast of a gun, it's one of the longest continuously serving weapons in the US military, introduced in 1933 and still in use. Owning a non-working weapon would be like owning a Ferrari that didn't have an engine; what's the point?

That said, a scratched off serial means it was probably not sourced legally, whether slated for destruction and sold instead, or something similar.

And get a license. Seriously, the gubment isn't licensing you to round up the weapons later; telling them you have it is a reassurance that you intend to be responsible with it. Of course, the license probably asks for a serial, so, you know, get a legally obtained gun. :rolleyes:

I have friends who collect historical military weapons and I think that you are exactly right. I would like to acquire a working '03 Springfield someday.

But yeah, an automatic weapon with the serial number removed is a huge red flag, especially something that can shoot through an engine block.

I am a little tired of CT's who start with frantic complaints about free speech being quashed by the evil power structure when the real reasons for conflict with authorities are so much more obvious.

And it doesn't get much more obvious than a .50 caliber machine gun.

ANY gun without a serial number is a red flag. The best case scenario is that somebody is trying to cover up the fact that the gun is no longer original and has replacement parts or parts from multiple weapons in it, and you get into "You don't even want your fingerprints left on it" territory before you get into worst case scenarios.

Back