Mexican Air Force UFO Video? [Oil Rigs]

Wizard

UPDATE

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm loving the analysis of these videos. Thank you Mick!

Has anyone come across this one from 2004? It has similar objects and it could use some debunking. To me they are not moving at any special velocity, with no sudden changes in direction which would indicate anti-grav/advanced propulsion. Besides the DoD videos, I believe this is the only other FLIR-type camera recording of supposed UFOs.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F43g3pLd_Nc

Metabunk 2019-07-26 07-46-28.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not look at that one for a while.

I feel like we've gone over it before, but maybe elsewhere. Anyway, it's an interesting case because of the large amount of information in the display, and the length.

Here's a shot of a river, for reference.
Metabunk 2019-07-26 06-47-25.jpg
Lat/Lon 18° 15.68, -91° 15.06,
Az -6.1, El -20°

where are the UFOs? those little lightning bug looking flashes throughout are supposed to be the UFOs?

The altitude seems uncertain, the YouTube description says "3,500m", but to get the shot of that river from that location, I had to set it to 4,500m
Metabunk 2019-07-26 07-20-03.jpg
GE file attached

Attachments

• River Shot.kmz
    9.4 KB · Views: 542
This video is now the top post on r/ufos with 4.5k upvotes. The oil rigs debunk is buried somewhere in the comments. I expect we'll see all the old cases doing the rounds now for a while.

Last edited:
This video is now the top post on r/ufos with 4.5k upvotes. THe oil rigs debunk is buried somewhere in the comments. I expect we'll see all the old cases doing the rounds now for a while.
Correct. The "rinse and repeat" is happening constantly. I suspect that the posters are aware of debunks, but post it anyway as they know most ufo enthousiasts are lazy and don't research.

Selffulfilling prophecy.

Correct. The "rinse and repeat" is happening constantly. I suspect that the posters are aware of debunks, but post it anyway as they know most ufo enthousiasts are lazy and don't research.

Selffulfilling prophecy.

Reddit UFOs sub is odd, sometimes you can get ahead of the groupthink and post a debunk and it gets locked down other times it just goes ballistic, the Chilean one just got posted. I posted the Metabunk thread, but they've managed to poison the names Metabunk and poor Mick so effectively it doesn't matter.

Reddit UFOs sub is odd, sometimes you can get ahead of the groupthink and post a debunk and it gets locked down other times it just goes ballistic, the Chilean one just got posted. I posted the Metabunk thread, but they've managed to poison the names Metabunk and poor Mick so effectively it doesn't matter.
I saw your recent 'discussion' on there with the guy who didnt like Metabunk. I had an earlier 'discussion' with him regarding Aguadilla. I gave up in the end.

I saw your recent 'discussion' on there with the guy who didnt like Metabunk. I had an earlier 'discussion' with him regarding Aguadilla. I gave up in the end.
Metabunk/Mick West have been truly poisoned over there. I hope with polite firm discourse against ad hominems and appeals to authority we at least get through to some of the lurkers.

The level of interest in this is very high at the moment, some of the posts feel a bit like Q Anon stuff.

The level of interest in this is very high at the moment, some of the posts feel a bit like Q Anon stuff.
I'm seeing more of a similarity with religion at the moment. There's a lot of 'the prophets have spoken!' with the recent media news. And similarly, using bad & unverifiable evidence to support a claim, the unshakable 'faith' of the UFO believers, the aggressive dismissal of any rational counter argument, and the parallel between 'we can't comprehend this advanced technology' and 'god moves in mysterious ways'.

Maybe this comparison deserves a thread of its own.

Last edited:
I'm seeing more of a similarity with religion at the moment. There's a lot of 'the prophets have spoken!' with the recent media news. And similarly, using bad & unverifiable evidence to support a claim, the unshakable 'faith' of the UFO believers, the aggressive dismissal of any rational counter argument, and the parallel between 'we can't comprehend this advanced technology' and 'god moves in mysterious ways'.

Maybe this comparison deserves a thread of its own.

Jason Colavito has mentioned something like this a few times in his blog posts (also has an an article for The New Republic on the recent UFO news), basically that the need for ET life in the form of UFOs or of the ancient alien variety is a substitute for religion.

Last edited by a moderator:
The exact geometry would depend on the viewing angle, and on which flares were burning at the time, but the similarity in the groupings in striking.

100% agree on this. But even still the correlation between the two videos is very close:

1652347105606.png

100% agree on this. But even still the correlation between the two videos is very close:
Is there a reason for the distance between the rigs to have changed? (Apologies if this has been mentioned, I'm not caught up.)

Is there a reason for the distance between the rigs to have changed? (Apologies if this has been mentioned, I'm not caught up.)
It is just a matter of perspective. The original investigation by Alcione (only available on the wayback machine) has lots of info, charts and analysis on this. There's not much more to be done,

http:https://web.archive.org/web/20150316185752/http://www.alcione.org/FAM/REFERENCE_DATA.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20150401184726/http://www.alcione.org/FAM/FLIR_CONCLUSION.html

This image shows the perspictive of the video compared with a satellite photo of the rigs.
1652349865194.png

This compares the original video with the experiment video I posted earlier...

1652351248512.png

Last edited:
It is just a matter of perspective.
High-powered military telescopic optics, large distance, shallow angle. Got it.

Edit: the shallow angle "compresses" the distance in the direction the optics is looking (compresses depth) while preserving the perpendicular distances (preserves width). The rigs appear to be closer together in the military footage due to that depth compression.

Last edited:
Back