Lockheed Martin High Altitude Blimps. HAAs, HALE-D, ISIS

Tomer

I was going to post this, but then my computer died. It does look like a modern blimp except I'm pretty sure they don't launch that way up...Some sort of colour change/distortion on the fins when it's going up, would be cool to know more about that craft, assuming it's not a fake.

The comparison is interesting, I had all but written off that other photo as a balloon (still could be) but it does look pretty damn similar, cam anyone flip and do an overlay of the two?

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
https://web.archive.org/web/2013073...ro/documents/P11-1155528_ISIS Litho Print.pdf
2021-07-14_14-50-44.jpg

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Or maybe the HAA / HALE-D
https://web.archive.org/web/2012012...s/products/lighter-than-air-vehicles/haa.html
1323743841571.jpg

LilWabbit

That thing looks awesome

What also amazes me is how long blimps and balloons (less fancy words for airships) have been both commercially and militarily operated, and yet are still being technologically refined upon and put to good use.

Giffard Airship 1852
London Science Museum​

GiffardAirship.JPG

JMartJr

Saw his puppy in Kuwait up near the Iraq border last year. Tethered, my impression 1s maybe 60' long, I am told it houses early warning radar watching the border. It had two red flashers at night, which would have confused me if I had not seen it by daylight. The number of airships out there is larger than I had realized, and now we have some sleek metallic ones -- I imagine we'll see some interesting UFO reports based on those! (This one not so much -- it had been there, I was told, since the last war with Iraq, so anybody other than me who saw it was pretty used to it...)

Edit -- bee doing some research outta curiosity -- looks like a MASSIVELY underestimated the size, if it is the model I think it is, based on where it was, it may have been a couple of hndred feet long! Lacking conventional points of reference, judging the size of an unknown in the air is HARD. Worth keeping in mind...

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

JMartJr

EM, I'm impressed that you found something with a length specification -- I spent way too much time wading through the manufacturers website, where they proudly boast of everythign EXCEPT length. Eventually found something showing that they do a range of these from around 10 meters to in excess of 70, and something else elsewhere indicating Kuwait was purchasing some of the bigger size.

LilWabbit

EM, I'm impressed that you found something with a length specification -- I spent way too much time wading through the manufacturers website, where they proudly boast of everythign EXCEPT length. Eventually found something showing that they do a range of these from around 10 meters to in excess of 70, and something else elsewhere indicating Kuwait was purchasing some of the bigger size.

The one in Kabul is 117 feet as mentioned in the article I linked.

Alexandria Nick

Is that the same model of blimp that broke loose in Maryland a few years ago and then rampaged around Pennsylvania for a while? That one was pretty big.

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
gtoffo CLAIM: Sen. Martin Heinrich on UFOs (Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Member) UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 10
Z.W. Wolf Claim: Martin Gugino Was Using a "Police Tracker." Conspiracy Theories 44
Martin M Beard Martin M Beard - What Happened? - My Story Escaping The Rabbit Hole 7
S 1993 High Altitude UAP Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 6
Mick West Debunked: Wisconsin Turnout 89% Impossible High [Actually 72%] Election 2020 1
M Claim: Hints of life on Venus: Scientists detect phosphine molecules in high cloud decks UFOs and Aliens 21
J Identifying the Mountains in JTolan's "Rocky Mountains" IR Video Flat Earth 31
Miss VocalCord São Paulo High Rise Fire and Collapse - Wilton Paes de Almeida Building Current Events 87
Mick West Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting Current Events 11
omaehamoushindeiru De-fisheye techniques for high altitude photography of earth show earth still curved Flat Earth 11
Mick West F-WWQF high altitude test flights Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Mick West How Do You Take Good Photos of High Altitude Planes and Contrails? Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 1
drhex Explained: Apollo 17 Photo of Earth from Moon Seems too High Conspiracy Theories 16
Steve Funk Claim: Extremely high radiation levels in the US. General Discussion 7
Leifer Bumblebee Pupae Contain High Levels of Aluminium General Discussion 15
Whitebeard Dubai High Rise Fire - Not like 9/11 9/11 9
Henk001 High altitude clouds don't have a cooling effect Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Mick West Debunked: High Bypass Turbofans do not make Contrails [actually they make more] Contrails and Chemtrails 150
Balance Debunked: High Radiation Readings in Japanese Green Tea, linked to Fukushima? Conspiracy Theories 24
TWCobra Debunked: High Bypass TurboFans not making contrails, and other misconceptions Contrails and Chemtrails 5
tryblinking High pressure = no 'chemtrails' Contrails and Chemtrails 1
Cairenn Celestial Seasoning Teas have a high amount of pesticide General Discussion 5
Mat Is there any high quality evidence of chemtrails? Contrails and Chemtrails 31
PCWilliams High Altitude Airways (Get 'em now!) Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Des O High School Kids launch Weather Balloon Contrails and Chemtrails 8
Mick West Debunked: Mile High Halo over Bronco's Stadium, Tim Tebow Ghosts, Monsters, and the Paranormal 1
awake101 High altitude holding patterns and racetrack contrails Contrails and Chemtrails 10
Mick West Engine Efficiency, High Bypass, and Contrail Frequency - How much? Contrails and Chemtrails 9
MikeC High barium levels in blood? ( Mohave, AZ?) Contrails and Chemtrails 79
Related Articles

Related Articles