House Oversight Hearing on UAPs - July 26, 2023

Sounds more like a euphemism for "gossip". He's trying to make his primary data-collection method (collecting anecdotes from people to fit his narrative) sound more rigorous and objective because he himself knows it sounds weak.

Must we constantly go out of our way to come up with the least charitable, least flattering, most nefarious or incompetent interpretations of what these folks say or do?

We know almost nothing about who he talked to, what he was told, what he was shown, what he saw, nor what methods of data collection or investigation he engaged in to arrive at his conclusions, yet despite how little we know we still make comments that try to portray him as a deeply incompetent and gullible individual engaged in nothing more than rumor mongering.

Portraying people this so uncharitably and consistently in such a bad light despite how little we actually know about them or the situation is a paradigmatic example of psychological projection and says far more about ourselves than the person discussed.

hey so why is burchett not heading the hearing anymore? just for clarification.
Tim Burchett was never going to chair the hearing, because he is not the chairman of the committee that scheduled the hearing.

House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer (R-Ky.) said Burchett misunderstood his role, saying, “he’s not a committee chairman.”

“Tim misunderstood. He is going to give an opening statement. He’s going to get to ask 20 questions.:

“You don’t — I mean, he’s not a committee chairman,” Comer added. “You don’t have a subcommittee. We’re gonna have a good UFO hearing tomorrow.”
Content from External Source
Source: https://thehill.com/homenews/4119732-tim-burchett-out-chair-ufo-hearing/

Must we constantly go out of our way to come up with the least charitable, least flattering, most nefarious or incompetent interpretations of what these folks say or do?

Maybe some snark could be dispensed with. But Grusch himself explicitly articulates in his statement that his data is based primarily on what others have told him. In other words, anecdotal evidence. That part is not just snark.

Also, many aspects of the whole Grusch affair has led me to think he's not just a sincere simpleton with a 100 % pure motivation to alert the public on some epic secrets. But I admit I can't prove it in any simple and evident way.

I just think that your assumption of absolutely pure motive is also naive. Despite aligned with a famous legal principle.

P.S. My angle is mainly that of security and it admittedly irritates me how self-righteously an evident security risk can behave. If that shows, I'm sorry.

Last edited:
I see the chat has been disabled in the live video. Wise decision, but will probably again be seen as a censorship by all the True Believers.

Tim Burchett was never going to chair the hearing, because he is not the chairman of the committee that scheduled the hearing.
Seems odd Congressional leadership would have allowed Burchett and Luna to tell the world they were chairing the hearing for the past ten days or so, but apparently only bring them to heel less than 24 hours before the opening gavel. I mean, this had been fairly widely reported, it's difficult for me to believe Comer just realized within the past day or so Burchett "misunderstood his role."

Seems odd Congressional leadership would have allowed Burchett and Luna to tell the world they were chairing the hearing for the past ten days or so, but apparently only bring them to heel less than 24 hours before the opening gavel. I mean, this had been fairly widely reported, it's difficult for me to believe Comer just realized within the past day or so Burchett "misunderstood his role."
Yes.
And maybe Comer told Burchett privately (or their staff communicated), but Burchett kept publicly saying it, so then Comer called the press about it. We don't know.

Last edited:
Why are we hung up on Burchett? Or who is chairing the hearing?

The testimonies are what matters. Can they provide substantial evidence or will we get more of the same? I suspect more of the same. But out of interest, I at least hope something "new" comes out of this.

Why are we hung up on Burchett? Or who is chairing the hearing?

The testimonies are what matters. Can they provide substantial evidence or will we get more of the same? I suspect more of the same. But out of interest, I at least hope something "new" comes out of this.
The issues is if it looks like Burchett was removed from the chairing, it's part of "the coverup."

If Burchett sort of knew he wasn't gonna chair but led people to think he was knowing he wasn't it's possible he's spinning that situation to make it look like a coverup by "The Deep State" "Big Government" "Insert GOP boogie-man here"

Interesting observation - So far there are 40K viewers waiting. Last week's hearing on the IRS whistleblowers had 233K views (not sure if that's total views or concurrent live viewers).

I wonder what it gets up to.

The issues is if it looks like Burchett was removed from the chairing, it's part of "the coverup."

If Burchett sort of knew he wasn't gonna chair but led people to think he was knowing he wasn't it's possible he's spinning that situation to make it look like a coverup by "The Deep State" "Big Government" "Insert GOP boogie-man here"
Fair enough

Curious why the live stream is titled "Subcommittee on National Security, the Border, and Foreign Affairs Hearing"

That's the space allocated to discuss issues relevant to that subcommittee to which today this specific issue is being bought.

Curious why the live stream is titled "Subcommittee on National Security, the Border, and Foreign Affairs Hearing"

I suspect "UFO hearing" makes the Congress look kooky to another important demographic they also don't wish to alienate. Which may also be the reason for Burchett's removal. The Congress skeptics suddenly woke up.

A game of political "chicken" to create a conspiracy to further a longstanding conspiracy? I like it.

My understanding is he was NEVER going to the be the Chair, if people thought he was then they were mistaken, including himself.

If he knew and led people to believe he was going to be then that could be seen as spinning to appear as if he is being silenced etc.

Stream has started.

The committees talking points are very much on UAPs. Why on earth didn't AARO or NASA get invited? (or NASA's independent study group forced to accept invite). It's like Luna/Burchett wanted to snub to Dr. Kirkpatrick.

I must say, I've always admired Fravor. I believe he is probably mistaken about what he saw, but I'd love to have a beer with him.

all the stuff you are saying is simply a distraction. Is there a lot of nonsense and balloons and likewise, yes of course....we all know some 'reports' are simply misidentified objects.

However.....that does not mean something is going on up there. I believe what Commander David Fravor says. If he says what he saw is highly unusual, and the phenomena was verified by radar and others...guess what, I believe these experienced pilots, over armchair commentators like yourselves.

I find the attitude here, so utterly condescending sometimes. Some of you saying, that a 30 year airforce commander didn't see, what he saw, because you somehow know better (why?) ...borders on insulting. Others saw it and the object registered on radar.

all the stuff you are saying is simply a distraction. Is there a lot of nonsense and balloons and likewise, yes of course....we all know some 'reports' are simply misidentified objects.

However.....that does not mean something is going on up there. I believe what Commander David Fravor says. If he says what he saw is highly unusual, and the phenomena was verified by radar and others...guess what, I believe these experienced pilots, over armchair commentators like yourselves.

I find the attitude here, so utterly condescending sometimes. Some of you saying, that a 30 year airforce commander didn't see, what he saw, because you somehow know better (why?) ...borders on insulting. Others saw it and the object registered on radar.
Who are you referring to?

I find the attitude here, so utterly condescending sometimes.

Sometimes it is and there's no excuse for it. It is not conducive to constructive dialogue nor making non-skeptics willing to listen and learn. But summarily dismissing all the Metabunk work (especially Mick's and the likes of @flarkey) in demonstrating there's very little 'there' there as mere armchair commentating seems pretty damning as well. Quid pro quo.

Lol I put in a lot of actual debunking legwork on this site as well, blowing off some steam with a reference to Fravor sharing some old war stories he's told before to someone who wants to have a drink with him is pretty mild.

I'm not sure it warranted any real response but hey some people seem a tad touchy.

Fravor was contacted by Jay Stratton and Lue Elizondo before 2017.

According to Knapp's book, Stratton was the first to look into what we now call the Nimitz or TicTak while working for AASWAP around 2010-2011. I can find the reference later.
Skinwalkers at the Pentagon

Who are you referring to?
A general scan at all the comments really. Mockery and the like. Someone saying they believe Commander Fravor didn't see anything really...all his imagination.. and that assertion was simply based on what the poster 'thought'.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing most here have never flown a tiny plane, let alone an F-15. I mean how condescending to tell a veteran of his experience that he (and the others) were simply hallucinating.

When you go to see a medical consultant, with 30 years of experience, and he tells you he sees something unusual on your X-ray, I hope you poo-poo that too. Afterall, you must know better? Same basic principle...is it not?

tic
that's not actually true. you are conflating objects or radar glitches earlier and later with the time Fravor saw his tic tac. Fravor's tic tac did not show up on any radar.
sorry? The tic tac did not show up on anyone radar, even though he has just repeated, he was told by the ship, that it had already arrived at his meeting point?

A general scan at all the comments really. Mockery and the like. Someone saying they believe Commander Fravor didn't see anything really...all his imagination.. and that assertion was simply based on what the poster 'thought'.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing most here have never flown a tiny plane, let alone an F-15. I mean how condescending to tell a veteran of his experience that he (and the others) were simply hallucinating.

When you go to see a medical consultant, with 30 years of experience, and he tells you he sees something unusual on your X-ray, I hope you poo-poo that too. Afterall, you must know better? Same basic principle...is it not?
Fravor has probably never flown an F-15 either, with him being a Navy pilot and the F-15 being an Airforce jet..

If a radiologist tells me they see a tumor on an organ i'd probably believe them, if they told me I was pregnant with an alien I might seek a second opinion.

Sometimes it is and there's no excuse for it. It is not conducive to constructive dialogue nor making non-skeptics willing to listen and learn. But summarily dismissing all the Metabunk work (especially Mick's and the likes of @flarkey) in demonstrating there's very little 'there' there as mere armchair commentating seems pretty damning as well. Quid pro quo.
I agree. Of course there is a place for debate, disagreement etc. But it's the forum 'mockery' of experienced military veterans and the instant kneejerk dismissal of everytthing they say, that irks me.

Back