Claim: Representative Anna Paulina Luna has seen UAP photos of Technology the US Doesn't Have.

NorCal Dave

Senior Member.
This came across my news feed today. As of yet I can't quite track down the original source, but as it's out there I thought I'd get a thread going. It may be nothing, but never hurts to be proactive.

Story here: https://www.analyzingamerica.org/2023/08/693341/

While it's on multiple websites, they all seem to lead back to Analyzing America and an Opinion piece by author David Rufful. I've never heard of the site, but I would say it's at least right leaning at a quick glance.

The story is that Luna and Rep. Matt Gaetz were shown photos of a UAP off the coast of Florida:

Republican Rep. Anna Paulina Luna of Florida says she’s personally seen photograph evidence of an unidentified flying object (UFO) from a source in the Department of Defense that she believes is beyond our capabilities.

Rep. Luna, who is an Air Force and Iraqi war veteran, said, “Based on the evidence that I have personally seen, the technology that exists is something that I don’t think any government has currently.”

Both Rep. Luna and Rep. Matt Gaetz reportedly reviewed evidence of a UAP encounter off the coast of Florida.
Content from External Source
Note that all the hyperlinks in the story (says, said and reviewed) just go back to the original story on Analyzing America.

Luna says she herself has not seen a UAP, but still believes the government is hiding something concerning UAPs:

Although Rep. Luna herself has not witnessed a UAP, she believes the evidence speaks volumes and is reminiscent of science fiction.

“It does appear, and for what I’m saying, based on the stonewalling, that they are hiding something,” Rep. Luna said. “If these are programs that are being set up without congressional oversight and are responsible for, you know, billions of dollars being lost, that could be going towards other things. I think that that’s something that absolutely is pertinent.”
The story also included a Twitter/X feed of a Fox news interview with Luna:

Source: https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1684296643137470465?s=20

Not sure what to make of it. Wasn't GOFAST off the coast of Florida? I suppose lots of military stuff happens off the coast of Florida. There are no other details in the article , just background info.

The article allows one to "tip the author" which gives this page:

1691546226264.png

Nothing new here, Rep Gaetz made the same claim about the visit he, Rep Luna, and Rep Burchett made to Eglin. Here's what he said at the hearing.

The image was of something that I am not able to attach to any human capability either from the United States or from any of our adversaries And I’m somewhat informed on the matter having served on the armed services committee for seven years, having served on the committee that oversees DARPA and Advanced Technologies for several years.
https://picdataset.com/ai-news/full...-hearing-on-unidentified-anomalous-phenomena/

she may have a reason for believing the way she does.
Valid point. Of course, the reason my be Gimbal, Go Fast or similar... such terrible evidence caused a lot of people to jumop from "That looks strange to me, I don't understand it..." to "...therefore it is physics defying unknown technology, not of this Earth." Given her comittment to disclosure, perhaps she will start with sharing this evidence wtih the country. We'll see.

Yes, but let's be polite. She is the first Mexican American woman elected for Florida. She severed in the Air Force and in Iraq, which is more than I did. I may not agree with her, but she may have a reason for believing the way she does.

This is why:

“We pay these people’s salaries. We’re paying into these programs billions of dollars, and yet they don’t want to share this information. I just disagree with that,” Luna, an Air Force veteran, told the Daily Mail Tuesday.

“If we continue to see this wall of silence, where they’re giving us the runaround, we reserve the right to actually defund positions.”

https://floridapolitics.com/archive...n-positions-if-ufo-information-isnt-released/

I never heard of Analyzing America, but Media Bias has.

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE​

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be untrustworthy and should be fact-checked per article. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
  • Overall, we rate Analyzing America Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of conspiracies and propaganda, poor sourcing, and a failed fact check.
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/analyzing-america/

Nothing new here, Rep Gaetz made the same claim about the visit he, Rep Luna, and Rep Burchett made to Eglin. Here's what he said at the hearing.

The image was of something that I am not able to attach to any human capability either from the United States or from any of our adversaries And I’m somewhat informed on the matter having served on the armed services committee for seven years, having served on the committee that oversees DARPA and Advanced Technologies for several years.
https://picdataset.com/ai-news/full...-hearing-on-unidentified-anomalous-phenomena/
Gaetz also said that Luna and Burchett were not given access but he was during their visit to Eglin So if Luna has seen something it must've been recent or the article failed to make the distinction.

Someone should ask the direct question, was the photo your were shown one which the public had already seen. Because the statement sort of implies that it isn't, but doesn't directly state that.

Someone should ask the direct question, was the photo your were shown one which the public had already seen. Because the statement sort of implies that it isn't, but doesn't directly state that.

Yeah, I couldn't track down where she was saying this. It's possible that the author of the piece was paraphrasing what she is saying in the Fox news clip on the Twitter/X feed. I don't think it's a very reliable site as AnnK pointed out above, and even it's listing this as an opinion piece.

I saw it from 2 other sources, that just ended up back at this one, so I though it's at least something to be aware of.

While it's on multiple websites, they all seem to lead back to Analyzing America
actually they all lead back to an article (and video interview) posted a week beofre the opinion piece
https://www.fox13news.com/news/repu...fo-hearing-unlike-anything-any-government-has

Article:
"It does appear and for what I'm saying, based on the stonewalling, that they are hiding something," Rep. Luna told FOX 13.

Article:
"If these are programs that are being set up without congressional oversight and are responsible for, you know, billions of dollars being lost, that could be going towards other things. I think that that's something that absolutely is pertinent," she shared.

Article:
"Based on the evidence that I have personally seen, the technology that exists is something that I don't think any government has currently," Rep. Luna said. "When I was at Eglin Air Force Base, I did see a photo and I also talked to the pilots of something that is definitely not created by our Department of Defense," she added.

She says she’s working to get that photo declassified and a lot more.

"It's a huge national security issue, but also, too, it's an issue of government transparency," she said.

Last edited:
actually they all lead back to an article (and video interview) posted a week beofre the opinion piece

Thanks. That makes it more likely that what's in the OP article has some paraphrasing. It claims (bold by me):

Republican Rep. Anna Paulina Luna of Florida says she’s personally seen photograph evidence of an unidentified flying object (UFO) from a source in the Department of Defense that she believes is beyond our capabilities.

Rep. Luna, who is an Air Force and Iraqi war veteran, said, “Based on the evidence that I have personally seen, the technology that exists is something that I don’t think any government has currently.”

Both Rep. Luna and Rep. Matt Gaetz reportedly reviewed evidence of a UAP encounter off the coast of Florida.
https://www.analyzingamerica.org/2023/08/693341/

The actual quote matches what was on Fox 13:

"Based on the evidence that I have personally seen, the technology that exists is something that I don't think any government has currently,"
https://www.fox13news.com/news/repu...fo-hearing-unlike-anything-any-government-has

But the statements before and after the quote:

https://www.analyzingamerica.org/2023/08/693341/

Seems to be a mash up of this quote, or some stuff from elsewhere:

"When I was at Eglin Air Force Base, I did see a photo and I also talked to the pilots of something that is definitely not created by our Department of Defense," she added.

Is she talking about the orb on radar data Gaetz claims he saw?

From elsewhere:

Gaetz traveled to Northwest Florida with Tennessee Congressman Tim Burchett and Florida Congresswoman Anna Paulina Luna where they asked to meet with the pilots and see any images and radar data from the incident.

“We were not afforded access to all of the flight crew, and initially, we were not afforded access to images and to radar (data),” Gaetz said. “Thereafter, we had a bit of a discussion about how authorities flow in the United States of America, and we did see the image, and we did meet with one member of the flight crew who took the image.”

Gaetz said the pilot told him they were doing a test flight over the Gulf of Mexico on a clear day when four objects were identified on radar flying in a diamond formation.

Gaetz said he’s personally seen the radar data from the incident.

“One of the pilots goes to check out that diamond formation and sees a large floating, what I can only describe as an orb, again, like I said, not have any human capability that I'm aware of,” Gaetz said. “And when he approached, he said that his radar went down. He said that his FLIR (infrared camera) system malfunctioned and that he had to manually take this image from one of the lenses.”

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/poli...cident-near-eglin-air-force-base/70470761007/

Seems to be a mash up of this quote, or some stuff from elsewhere:
theres a video in that article.

That makes it more likely that what's in the OP article has some paraphrasing.
Every article on the face of the earth has paraphrasing. If something is not in quote marks, it is a paraphrase.

I think their paraphrase is just fine. I'm more confused why people think she hasn't said these things, sounds like her.

This is why:

“We pay these people’s salaries. We’re paying into these programs billions of dollars, and yet they don’t want to share this information. I just disagree with that,” Luna, an Air Force veteran, told the Daily Mail Tuesday.

“If we continue to see this wall of silence, where they’re giving us the runaround, we reserve the right to actually defund positions.”

https://floridapolitics.com/archive...n-positions-if-ufo-information-isnt-released/
You still have to be polite.

Just out of curiosity, what could you possibly see in one photograph that would tell you whatever you're looking at has a capability that is beyond what we currently have?

A video could at least in principle show you flight characteristics that you can point to and say "yeah, see that? No airplane on earth can make those kinds of maneuvers." But what kind of capabilities can anyone extract from a single photograph? I'm sure she could have seen something she's never seen before, but what could you see on a single photograph that could then lead you to say "we aren't capable of that?"

How much info can you get from one picture, really?

Just out of curiosity, what could you possibly see in one photograph that would tell you whatever you're looking at has a capability that is beyond what we currently have?

A video could at least in principle show you flight characteristics that you can point to and say "yeah, see that? No airplane on earth can make those kinds of maneuvers." But what kind of capabilities can anyone extract from a single photograph? I'm sure she could have seen something she's never seen before, but what could you see on a single photograph that could then lead you to say "we aren't capable of that?"

How much info can you get from one picture, really?
Tim Burchett was saying all sorts of stuff on the Event Horizon podcast a few weeks ago. He mentioned that a uap he was shown and that wasn’t released to the public would turn our stuff into a “charcoal briquette”. Yet he didn’t describe at all what he actually saw. Seems like Luna is doing the same thing. Say she’s been shown stuff but doesn’t describe what she saw. Really feels like a pattern here…

theres a video in that article.

I watched it all. The only quotes from her are the ones in quotes in the article.

Every article on the face of the earth has paraphrasing. If something is not in quote marks, it is a paraphrase.

Agreed. But this part seems to be a mash up of what she said in some TV interviews and what Gaetz described in separate interviews. Not that I'm expecting an opinion piece on Analyzing America to clarify the distinction.

From @Lu Ann Lewellen post above:

Gaetz traveled to Northwest Florida with Tennessee Congressman Tim Burchett and Florida Congresswoman Anna Paulina Luna where they asked to meet with the pilots and see any images and radar data from the incident.

“We were not afforded access to all of the flight crew, and initially, we were not afforded access to images and to radar (data),” Gaetz said. “Thereafter, we had a bit of a discussion about how authorities flow in the United States of America, and we did see the image, and we did meet with one member of the flight crew who took the image.”
https://www.pnj.com/story/news/poli...igated-ufo-incident-near-eglin-air-force-base

So, they went to EAFB and saw "a" single photo and heard a UAP report.

It was being touted as "new evidence", even though it's just her talking about 1 photo, so I thought to look into it.

Must be a hell of a picture. It seems more of it is in relation to the report they heard. Continuing on from the quote above:

Gaetz said the pilot told him they were doing a test flight over the Gulf of Mexico on a clear day when four objects were identified on radar flying in a diamond formation.

Gaetz said he’s personally seen the radar data from the incident.

“One of the pilots goes to check out that diamond formation and sees a large floating, what I can only describe as an orb, again, like I said, not have any human capability that I'm aware of,” Gaetz said. “And when he approached, he said that his radar went down. He said that his FLIR (infrared camera) system malfunctioned and that he had to manually take this image from one of the lenses.”
So what is it a photo of and what "lens" was used to photograph it? Is it a photo of an orb or a diamond formation of some sort? What about the floating orb is beyond "human capabilities"? Sounds a bit like a balloon.

So what is it a photo of and what "lens" was used to photograph it? Is it a photo of an orb or a diamond formation of some sort? What about the floating orb is beyond "human capabilities"? Sounds a bit like a balloon.
4 objects on the radar, 1 orb on location, thought to be the same because that's what they expected to encounter (it's a common bias) when it stands to reason they're not the same.

He's correct in saying that floating in air is not a human capability, despite what some yogis would have you believe. As you correctly point out, though, human-made balloons or airships do that. Jamming radar is also something humans have learned to use tools to do. And if the aircraft's targetting was slaved to the radar track, the radar going down might cause the ATFLIR to lose the object as well? So thanks to Gaetz, we now know you can ambush US fighters by releasing a radar jammer attached to a balloon, and they won't even be able to figure out what hit them.

There's more information on this event. The best description was from Gaetz in the public hearing.
Matt Gaetz: Several months ago, my office received a protected disclosure from Eglin Air Force Base indicating that there was a UAP incident that required my attention. I saw briefing regarding that episode and brought with me congressman, Birchett, and congresswoman Luna. We asked to see any of the evidence that had been taken by flight crew in this endeavor and to observe any radar signature, as long as, as well as to meet with the flight crew. We were not afforded access to all of the flight crew. And initially, we were not afforded access to images and to radar. Thereafter, we had, bit of a discussion about how authorities flow in the United States of America. And we did see the image. And we did meet with one member of the flight crew who took the image. The image was of something that I am not able to attach to any human capability either from the United States or from any of our adversaries And I’m somewhat informed on the matter having served on the armed services committee for seven years, having served on the committee that oversees DARPA and Advanced Technologies for several years. When we spoke with the flight crew, and when he showed us the photo that he’d taken, I asked why the video wasn’t engaged. Why we didn’t have a flir system that worked. Here’s what he said. They were out on a test mission that day over the Gulf of Mexico, And when you’re on a test mission, you’re supposed to have clear air space. Not supposed to be anything that shows up. And they saw a sequence of four craft in a clear diamond formation for which there is a radar sequence that I and I alone have observed in the United States Congress. One of the pilots goes to check out that Diamond formation and sees a large floating I can only describe as an orb, again, like I said, not of any human capability that I’m that I’m aware of. And when he approached, he said that his radar went down. He said that his flir system malfunctioned and that he had to manually take this image from one of the lenses, and it was not automatic automated, in collection, as you would typically see in a test mission.
A must watch! Via
@mattgaetz

@RepMattGaetz
:Several months ago, my office received a protected disclosure from Eglin Air Force Base indicating there was a UAP incident that required my attention.I sought a briefing regarding that episode and brought
@reptimburchett
and
@repluna
with me.We were initially denied access to images, radar, and conversation with all members of the flight crew. After demanding access, the information was exclusively shown to me, and I was able to speak with one member of the flight crew who took the photo.The image was of a UAP that I am not able to attach to any human capability, either from the United States or from any of our adversaries.The pilot said he encountered a fleet of UAPs in diamond formation over the Gulf of Mexico, which was confirmed on radar that I reviewed.He said approaching the UAPs caused video and other aircraft security features to malfunction. He saw what I can only describe as an orb - not of any human capability that I'm aware of.

Source: https://twitter.com/realannapaulina/status/1684282919089500160

The 4 orbs were very close to the pilots. The picture seems to show all 4 objects. They were located at the point of radar intercept. Cool at top, hot at bottom according to FLIR image. Rep.'s Tim Burchett (R-TN), Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) and Anna Paulina Luna (R-Fla.) attended a classified meeting at a Eglin Air Force base Feb 21 and given testimony by pilots and shown close range image of 4 UAP.
"...images of 4 of these things that... a Raptor pilot... took these images of these objects right next to his plane... the thermal imaging of this showed the heat at the bottom of the object, and not at the top" - Tucker Carlson, Fullsend Podcast (about FL UAP meet)

Source: https://twitter.com/realannapaulina/status/1682852468785389570

Burchett: "It was undeniable what it was and um, you can actually see the structure up close".

Source: https://twitter.com/MikeColangelo/status/1682405074411069442

The 4 orbs were very close to the pilots. The picture seems to show all 4 objects. They were located at the point of radar intercept. Cool at top, hot at bottom according to FLIR image. Rep.'s Tim Burchett (R-TN), Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) and Anna Paulina Luna (R-Fla.) attended a classified meeting at a Eglin Air Force base Feb 21 and given testimony by pilots and shown close range image of 4 UAP.

Where are you getting this information? Here is the quote of Gaetz at the hearings (bold by me):

Matt Gaetz: ago, my office received a protected disclosure from Eglen Air Force Base indicating that there was a UAP incident that required my attention. I saw briefing regarding that episode and brought with me congressman, Birchett, and congresswoman Luna. We asked to see any of the evidence that had been taken by flight crew in this endeavor and to observe any radar signature, as long as, as well as to meet with the flight crew. We were not afforded access to all of the flight crew. And initially, we were not afforded access to images and to radar. Thereafter, we had, bit of a discussion about how authorities flow in the United States of America. And we did see the image. And we did meet with one member of the flight crew who took the image. The image was of something that I am not able to attach to any human capability either from the United States or from any of our adversaries And I’m somewhat informed on the matter having served on the armed services committee for seven years, having served on the committee that oversees DARPA and Advanced Technologies for several years. When we spoke with the flight crew, and when he showed us the photo that he’d taken, I asked why the video wasn’t engaged. Why we didn’t have a flir system that worked. Here’s what he said. They were out on a test mission that day over the Gulf of Mexico, And when you’re on a test mission, you’re supposed to have clear air space. Not supposed to be anything that shows up. And they saw a sequence of four craft in a clear diamond formation for which there is a radar sequence that I and I alone have observed in the United States Congress. One of the pilots goes to check out that Diamond formation and sees a large floating I can only describe as an orb, again, like I said, not of any human capability that I’m that I’m aware of. And when he approached, he said that his radar went down. He said that his flir system malfunctioned and that he had to manually take this image from one of the lenses, and it was not automatic automated, in collection, as you would typically see in a test mission.

He makes no mention of thermal imaging or the UAPs location in relation to the plane.

You then included this quote with no real source other than a podcast from Tucker Carlson and no mention of who is making this claim:

"...images of 4 of these things that... a Raptor pilot... took these images of these objects right next to his plane... the thermal imaging of this showed the heat at the bottom of the object, and not at the top" - Tucker Carlson, Fullsend Podcast (about FL UAP meet)
Note that if the F22 pilot was using thermal imaging, that possibly contradicts what Gaetz claims he was told (bold by me):

He said that his flir system malfunctioned and that he had to manually take this image

Then we have Burchette saying on Twitter/X with Corbel:

"It was undeniable what it was and um, you can actually see the structure up close".
But then reiterates that when they got there, he was shown NOTHING. So, he seems to be retelling something about what he THOUGHT he was going to see but didn't. I don't understand how Burchette can say there was "...structure up close", when he was in fact dined access the footage.

The image was of something that I am not able to attach to any human capability
(from Matt Gaetz's statement.)

We have had people in Metabunk commenting on how highly compartmentalized all the various organizations are, so it is not at all surprising that any individual, whether in congress or not, does not recognize a particular thing. That is essentially what Gaetz says here, but dresses it up in the language of conspiracy theorists.

"I am not able to attach to any human capability" essentially just means "I don't know what it is", with the added subtext (to those of a conspiratorial bent) of "I'm not saying it was aliens, but...". The only solid conclusion I can reach from his words is the simple and obvious one: Gaetz didn't recognize it.

I don't see any problems. The FLIR should have been recording automatically but it stopped recording, so the pilot manually took pictures.
Both Luna and Gaetz say they all saw the picture, Burchett is referring to the remainder of the evidence, which only Gaetz saw, as he claims himself.
Gaetz couldn't identify the object; he goes on to say he was in a position to be able to, having been a member of the armed services committee for seven years. He was clearly in a position to know if was any US technology.
The quote was from Tucker Carlson, who got it from a government source. There is only some discrepancy over how many objects were included in the picture; Tucker implies all 4 while Gaetz seems to refer to one.
The reference to "one of the lenses" could refer to the magnification factor, or whether it was in EO (visible) or IR (thermal) setting, obviously it was the IR one.
We have Tucker suppling the additional details of "hot on top, cold on bottom". Note that this all came in a video mashup posted by Luna, implying that Luna/Burchett/Gaetz was the source of all the information in the attached interviews and that they referred to one incident, so ultimately Tucker got information from one of them.
However, Jeremy Corbell seems to have an independent source.

Both Luna and Gaetz say they all saw the picture, Burchett is referring to the remainder of the evidence, which only Gaetz saw, as he claims himself.

According to Gaetz, he Luna and Burchette saw a photo:

And we did see the image. And we did meet with one member of the flight crew who took the image.
And Gaetz claims to have seen a radar track:

And they saw a sequence of four craft in a clear diamond formation for which there is a radar sequence that I and I alone have observed in the United States Congress.

He makes no mention of "footage" with the objects close to the aircraft or being able to see "structure". That is something Burchette indicates exists, but he's been denied access to it:

Tim Burchett reiterates again that he was denied access to UFO footage. "It was undeniable what it was and um, you can actually see the structure up close".
From Mike Coangelo's X feed above.

He's telling us what's in a video that he did NOT see.

Even in Luna's X video with Gaetz, he seems to just be talking about the photo they all saw, not footage that shows "structure up close".

Likewise with Carlson. He is retelling a 2nd hand story he claims to have heard from a member of congress. This is also the problem with using X as a source and not explaining it. I couldn't figure out where you were pulling the Carlson quote from. It was in Luna's video mash up starting at 00:45 which should be noted so we know where to find it without shuffling through multiple X feeds.

Luna seems to be doing a "sum is greater than the parts" thing with her video. String Gaetz and Burchette along with Carlson's very detailed description that is at best 2nd hand to make it look maybe a bigger deal than it was.

As for Corbel and his source, his last big coupe was the videos of Marines battling a floating black triangle space craft at 29 Palms. That turned out to be flares:

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/twentynine-palms-camp-wilson-triangle-uap-flares.12967/

EDIT: Fuggered up the EX tags. Should be good now.

Last edited:
Gaetz couldn't identify the object; he goes on to say he was in a position to be able to, having been a member of the armed services committee for seven years. He was clearly in a position to know if was any US technology.
Would that not depend on the quality of the imagery? We've all seen, for example, the Gimbal video which cannot be attributed to any piece of US technology -- because you can't tell what it is. That is different from not being able to attribute something to a specific bit of US hardware because it is not in fact US hardware.

So we're left trying to evaluate evidence we have not seen, based on how honest, accurate and knowledgeable the descriptions of third parties are. Without being able to see what the images actually contain, we can't say much about them, and we're back to unsupported testimony unless/until the imagery is released.

(Parenthetically, does anybody know what these folks think about Gimbal et al at this late date? That might be a hnady metric for estimating how seriously to take their evaluations of other "anomalous" imagery.)

Would that not depend on the quality of the imagery? We've all seen, for example, the Gimbal video which cannot be attributed to any piece of US technology -- because you can't tell what it is.
This doesn't apply anymore. The reason the Gimbal looks so bad is that it was taped on 8mm Hi 8 VHS, and beyond that, the recording was compressed before it made it to the internet. That tech is not used for footage anymore, it's all digital.
As for the difference between picture/footage, that could be explained by the picture being a screenshot from video footage, so they were able to see a single frame but not the complete video.

I agree however it's not that simple; making merge plot in modern times makes you close enough to identify any type of aircraft.
It is also implied by the pilot that it couldn't be identified, otherwise they would never contact Gaetz to begin with.

Gaetz couldn't identify the object; he goes on to say he was in a position to be able to, having been a member of the armed services committee for seven years.
His words: "I’m somewhat informed on the matter".
I'm somewhat familiar with home repairs, but I'm sure that a five minute stroll through any hardware shop would allow me to find a dozen items that I couldn't recognize.

It never is!:)

I guess we'll know if we ever see the image. I'll respectfully remain completely unconvinced by evidence that I can't be shown.
My prediction is she and other members of congress will have egg on their faces for more than likely falling for a disinformation campaign.

Back