Glen Beck's Oklahoma Tornado Atheist Conspiracy Theory

Oh Good Grief, Glenn has really started to push it with some of these things.

I used to listen to his radio show long before he ever had any TV deals, it had some political overtones but I would describe it as your typical morning "shock jock" broadcast, more akin to Howard Stern than to Rush Limbaugh. Once he got the HLN show, I noticed more and more conspiratorial content show up and I completely tuned out. Now it seems he's really marketing to that crowd in a big way.

If Glenn thinks this little exchange was placed by Satan (or Soros or whoever), I wonder what he thinks of people like Richard Dawkins being on TV. In my opinion, listening to Professor Dawkins lecture or debate is much more likely to turn someone into an atheist than watching an awkward exchange on CNN ever would. It seems to go outside the bounds of logic to suggest the exchange was anything more than a clever response to a silly question posed by a journalist considering there's really no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Muslims and Jews are not complaining about a cross or 10 Commandments only Soros back athesit political hack groups are .

Incorrect. Jews have brought many lawsuits against local governments for government sponsored Christian displays and government school forced prayer.

Christians are the majority and they pay the majority of the taxes state local and federal . They have every right to be represented on public lands . In God We Trust Like it or not we are still a Christian nation .

Majority rules when it comes to the Bill of Rights? Do you feel that way about the second amendment when a local or state government in some blue state votes to restrict guns in some way?

Why not go to Arlington National Cemetery and make them remove all those crosses and stars of david ? .

Because those are the graves of individual Christian and Jewish people. Thus the images do not give the impression of government sponsorship of any one religion.

If the government was forcing people to have a religious icon on their grave then there would be a problem. That is the issue when government school forces kids to participate in religion or when the city decides to erect Christian displays on the courthouse lawn at the exclusion of other religions. Those actions give the impression that the government is promoting religion.

Dare I hope this is actually based on something substantial other than your [usual hyperbole]?
Or did you mean Bush?
(almost forgot the smiley...)
:)
Bush was the X drunk lets not confuse the two . :) You need a little Hyperbole to balance things out here a little . Seems on one who doesnt worship our dear leader here ? :)

Bush was the X drunk lets not confuse the two . :) You need a little Hyperbole to balance things out here a little . Seems on one who doesnt worship our dear leader here ? :)

One thing about Mick's policy is that it is pleasant to post here. Unlike many forums where posters make baseless personal insults, or because of their own inability to accept the fact that the person elected president is not the one they voted for.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush_substance_abuse_controversy

In Fortunate Son, Bush biographer Hatfield quoted several anonymous sources regarding allegations of Bush's cocaine use. Hatfield reported that Bush had been arrested for cocaine possession in 1972 and that his father pulled strings to have records of the arrest expunged.[12] Bush campaign spokesperson Mindy Tucker called the allegation "absolutely untrue".[13] Bush repeatedly refused to state whether he had ever used cocaine.[14] Bush did say in 1999 that he could truthfully answer "no" to the then-standard FBI background check question of whether he had used any illegal drug in the last seven years. He later stated that he could have passed a background check under a policy that his father had instituted as President in 1989 that extended the background check to 15 years. This would have checked back to 1974, two years after the alleged 1972 arrest.

One thing about Mick's policy is that it is pleasant to post here. Unlike many forums where posters make baseless personal insults, or because of their own inability to accept the fact that the person elected president is not the one they voted for.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush_substance_abuse_controversy

In Fortunate Son, Bush biographer Hatfield quoted several anonymous sources regarding allegations of Bush's cocaine use. Hatfield reported that Bush had been arrested for cocaine possession in 1972 and that his father pulled strings to have records of the arrest expunged.[12] Bush campaign spokesperson Mindy Tucker called the allegation "absolutely untrue".[13] Bush repeatedly refused to state whether he had ever used cocaine.[14] Bush did say in 1999 that he could truthfully answer "no" to the then-standard FBI background check question of whether he had used any illegal drug in the last seven years. He later stated that he could have passed a background check under a policy that his father had instituted as President in 1989 that extended the background check to 15 years. This would have checked back to 1974, two years after the alleged 1972 arrest.
Ok so Bush is a Coke-head ? I only voted for him once and regretted my vote even though Gore is a Fraud . I voted for the ketchup guy sorry to say or Swift boat liar . I'm no Bush fan I'm not a partisan hack I call it as I see it . None of these fools are qualified to be President of the strongest Nation on earth . That is why I know they are all just puppets just not sure who is pulling the strings ? Just wondering when you guys are going top realize that you made a mistake with Obama ?

I'm hopeful that the blatant abuses of democracy coming to light now with the surveillance of journalists, aggressive prosecution of whistleblowers (or sharers of information that the government finds embarrassing), and the secrecy of drone attack policy, result in some real legal and public consequences for those that deserve it.
I have no illusions a republican government would have done things differently though.

Ok so Bush is a Coke-head ? I only voted for him once and regretted my vote even though Gore is a Fraud . I voted for the ketchup guy sorry to say or Swift boat liar . I'm no Bush fan I'm not a partisan hack I call it as I see it . None of these fools are qualified to be President of the strongest Nation on earth . That is why I know they are all just puppets just not sure who is pulling the strings ? Just wondering when you guys are going top realize that you made a mistake with Obama ?

I would never have brought up Bush's coke use if you hadn't mentioned Obama. Frankly, I don't like Obama. But I do not think I made a mistake, because I dislike Romney more.

the edit job makes it look like he is attacking Atheist which was the goal of the edit . Omitting what she said as well . The video is taken out of context . Its his theory it was staged I agree it seems that way . Its not a conspiracy forces of darkness meaning Bad people not demons are everywhere . It si a politically motivated attack video by a left wing probably Soros funded who is part of the force of darkness . He make a lot of money on his show Good for him and I help pay some of that . Every other media source we have is corrupt and bends over backwards for the Coke Head President . Theory or Opinion are not conspiracies but the left uses that to silence opposition .

When I watched the video, I personally didn't see it as an attack on athiests in general (I never brought up anything of the sort). It just seemed like Glenn Beck purporting his usual nonsense conspiracies. I don't think the goal of RWW was to make it appear as though he's attacking atheists so much as just making him look like nutcase, which he is.

And nobody is silencing opposition. Glenn Beck is still free to say whatever he wants, and we're still free to debunk what he says and expose him for what he is.

It never occurred to me that he was attacking atheists. Just that he had an odd theory as to why Wolf asked the question.

Back