• MH370 speculation has become excessive recently. Metabunk is not a forum for creating theories by speculation. It's a forum for examining claims, and seeing if they hold up. Please respect this and keep threads on-topic. There are many other forums where speculation is welcome.

Flight MH370 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah true, or his plan didn't come to full fruition so he didn't get to that stage.
If they have found anything though there would be an announcement sooner rather than later considering the amount of scrutiny this is getting.

The missing plane was airborne for more than seven hours, Malaysia's Prime Minister said.

How come "they now now"?! A week later?! They just discovered this?! I'm going to go full CT here: the Prime Minister is in on it and knows what happened.

I would think landing the plane somewhere would require the foreknowledge and corporation of that countries government/military that the plane would land in.

Some motivation for Muslim actions against Chinese interest:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/29/world/asia/china-plane-hijack-foiled/

Uyghurs are Turkic Muslims, a group linguistically, culturally and religiously distinct from China's majority Han population.

Chinese authorities have often blamed militants of Uyghur descent for outbreaks of violence in Xinjiang in recent years, labeling them terrorists.

Xinjiang was rocked by the worst violence in decades in July 2009 when rioting between Uyghurs and Han Chinese left nearly 200 people dead and 1,700 wounded in the regional capital, Urumqi.
Content from External Source

Some interesting speculation:

Uighur separatists’ claim over missing flight MH370 may be re-examined

An email sent to journalists, supposedly from representatives from the Uighur separatist movement, claimed for responsibility for the Malaysia Airlines flight’s disappearance.

The emails were dismissed as opportunistic and troublemaking.

http://mobile.news.com.au/national/...ay-be-reexamined/story-fncynjr2-1226855911080

Last edited:
And the winner of the worst speculation on flight MH370 goes to......

Look up!

This is undoubtedly connected to chemtrails
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1430857653820093&id=1410029482561123&stream_ref=10

Some (very detailed) competition here:
http://greatgameindia.wordpress.com...airlines-mh370-mystery-hidden-in-plain-sight/

How can an entire Boeing 777-200ER vanish from military radars of several countries and become invisible to people – who can hear the noise of fans of it’s jet engines but cannot see it ?

Imagine a Boeing hovering over your head but you can’t see the damn thing !!!

Is some kind of advanced military technology being used ?

Do such technology exist ?

I guess they missed this part
but there is absolutely no way given our current understanding of physics that something could be made invisible to the naked eye.”
“If that's what they are claiming, it's a hoax.”
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/12/17/invisible-airplanes-chinese-us-scramble-for-cloaking-tech/

The plane is at Diego Garcia :)

When reading through all of that "speculation" in the link above, insofar as it somehow tries to conflate a military training exercise off the southeast coast of the USA as an alleged "cover" for some nefarious "activity" involving MH370? Also, the rash and quite outrageous other "speculations" elsewhere (e.g., Black Holes, alien abduction, parallel universe portals, etc) it makes me wonder about when the actual facts are determined, and this mystery is solved after piecing together the real timeline of events:

Where will all these people with their wild "speculation" be then, and when will they apologize and be held accountable for their actions?

("Nowhere" and "Never" are the most likely answers [^ ^ ^ ] to my own questions, unfortunately).

One of the guest experts on CNN said there are over 600 runways within distance that could have landed the 777.

Honestly that would fantastic if it was landed somewhere as the chance of them being alive is much higher then, but how many of those 600 runways could have landed the plane and kept it from the world, is it easy? It would require the airfield to have been taken over by hostile elements or already be in on it. Surely that's an easy check.

Malaysia Airlines has confirmed that the plane departed for Beijing with enough fuel only to reach its scheduled destination, so it would have been likely to run out after about seven hours' flight time – if flying at normal cruising altitudes.
The satellite "pings" that were last read at 8.11am on Saturday – six hours after Malaysian military radar last detected the aircraft over the Malacca strait at 2.15am – could still have been transmitting data from the ground, if the plane were to have landed, said Malaysia's civil aviation chief, Abdul Rahman.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...last-message-communications-disabled-malaysia

Content from external source
Look-Up has seen many similar traces from other planes involved in the chemtrail project. We will post a few examples here in a short while.
I won't hold my breath.
That was in reference to FR24 showing aircraft flying at 0ft, which LU claims MH370 was shown to do. Not sure where he got that data from but yeah, promises to produce evidence later seems a common ploy

That was in reference to FR24 showing aircraft flying at 0ft, which LU claims MH370 was shown to do.

It occurs to me that in the discussions about the possible maximum range based on the fuel load (and post #136 above confirms that MH370 likely was not tankering extra fuel), in the speculation of descending to near Sea Level for radar avoidance....this will throw any fuel consumption "estimates" way off (and thus distance/range estimates), as fuel burn rates at low altitudes are very much higher than at typical cruising Flight Levels.

I have read that black boxes only record data for the last two hours of the flight. Is this true? If so, even if the wreckage and boxes are found, we may never know for sure what happened.

I have read that black boxes only record data for the last two hours of the flight. Is this true? If so, even if the wreckage and boxes are found, we may never know for sure what happened.

No...not in the case of the Flight Data Recorder. The CVR (Cockpit Voice Recorder) is, per older regulations, only required to acquire the last 30 minutes, although nowadays almost all CVRs are solid state and digital (as compared to the earlier versions, which used a continuous loop magnetic tape...much like the [now obsolete] 8-track cartridges that some may recall, from several decades ago). And, after a certain date that I can't recall exactly, all new airplanes were required to have more storage capacity in the "black boxes". The typical modern CVR (IIRC) stores about 2 hours' data.

For FDRs, they can store a LOT of data, again because they are now digital. Several days' worth, this depends on the specific model installed.

ETA: Also most modern and highly computerized jets have a QAR, or "Quick Access Recorder", primarily designed for use by Maintenance....(although, when installed, it can also serve as a "snitch" whenever there is a question about a specific flight's parameters...such as airspeed limits, i.e. Flap Overspeed excursions, etc, have occurred).

The QAR is like an "FDR-lite", if you will. The QAR, though, is not protected as well as the two main Recorders, in case of severe accident forces, fires, etc.

But nonetheless, QAR data is routinely monitored, again it is usually associated with an airline's ongoing maintenance procedures. This isn't relevant to MH 370's situation, though.

Last edited:
i have a mundane passport question. if you fly from Malaysia with a stolen passport and land in Beijing to layover to Germany, doesn't Beijing check your passport again? or no?

i have a mundane passport question. if you fly from Malaysia with a stolen passport and land in Beijing to layover to Germany, doesn't Beijing check your passport again? or no?

I'd say that most cases you only go through Passport Control when entering the country...but not just to wait in the Transit Area of the airport for an onward connecting flight.

Much depends on the airport (when the connection is in a different Terminal, for example), and the varying countries' laws I suppose.

You are not generally checked in transit unless you go outside the customs and immigration area. (long transit, airport hotel kinda thing.)

Further to FDR: it is my understanding that they are now all flash memory type storage, basically the same as your run of the mill thumb drive, except for the very reliable power supply, data interface, and the crash resistant box its all housed in. There can be problems with the last seconds of a flight that is in trouble as data must be written in blocks not in a continuous stream( that is how flash memory works).

Then again my info is a decade old.

You are not generally checked in transit unless you go outside the customs and immigration area. (long transit, airport hotel kinda thing.)
I had wondered how the H they thought they would get into China on a stolen passport, until it was mentioned that they would not acutally enter China. Of course Germany would also check, but I guess they would claim refugee status as soon as they landed and possibly use their real passports at that time.
Pretty risky, getting caught with two passports would itself have you getting a quick tour of any country's law enforcement system.

Further to FDR: it is my understanding that they are now all flash memory type storage, basically the same as your run of the mill thumb drive, except for the very reliable power supply, data interface, and the crash resistant box its all housed in. There can be problems with the last seconds of a flight that is in trouble as data must be written in blocks not in a continuous stream( that is how flash memory works).

Then again my info is a decade old.

I was looking this up, and found some of your old posts on one of those 100 page threads on JREF from 2008 :)

The block size seems to be pretty small from what I've seen. I would think they would choose an EEPROM/Flash type specifically for this - as it's a pretty obvious problem. Although in the vast majority of cases the last second or two have no bearing on the causes of the crash - i.e. it's usually been hurtling towards the ground for a while.

I was looking this up, and found some of your old posts on one of those 100 page threads on JREF from 2008 :)

The block size seems to be pretty small from what I've seen. I would think they would choose an EEPROM/Flash type specifically for this - as it's a pretty obvious problem. Although in the vast majority of cases the last second or two have no bearing on the causes of the crash - i.e. it's usually been hurtling towards the ground for a while.
True, its pretty rare for the last few seconds to have been a 3 degree down slope into terrain or ground object(s).

Yes I recall the battle with a PfT adherent concerning the DFDR. I learned a lot by actually researching rather than assuming how they work.

This is an interesting technical analysis, It would be great to hear what the technical people here say about it.
http://keithledgerwood.tumblr.com/p...ysian-airlines-370-disappear-using-sia68-sq68

That is a very interesting (and creative) theory. Will take a bit of time to review it properly.

(ETA:
Some have raised the statement that TCAS doesn’t work if the transponder is disabled… this is only partially correct. Other planes TCAS would NOT see MH370 at all. MH370 would not actively query other planes as it’s [sic] transponder is off HOWEVER it could still listen to any transponder output from other planes that are actively transmitting. SQ68 would have been actively transmitting while in-range of Subang ATC center.
)

That bit ( ^^^ ) was an addendum to Keith Ledgerwood's original post, at "12:15 EST" [sic] on the 17th March.

A few clarifications: Although TCAS is tied to the transponders, the function can be turned "OFF", even as the transponder is still active.

Let's look at a typical transponder control head:

(The exact configuration can vary, depending on the airline's choice of avionics, but controls are very similar nonetheless).

The rotary knob on the lower right controls what the Xponder is "doing", and selects/de-selects the TCAS modes.

In the speculation, then MH370 could have operated its Xponder in the "ALT RPTG OFF" position (and with a different squawk code, say 1200) and then would not trigger a TCAS alert on any nearby airplanes. But, IIRC, the display on MH370 would show the nearby traffic's TCAS info.

Now my only question next is the timing...in other words, 'how' would MH370 have been able to "catch up with" the Singapore flight? Was it chance, a moment of opportunity?

Last edited:
It's not like that was the only candidate though, there were other planes around, including two more 777s. Presumably though this one seems most likely because it coincides with the last radar sighting? If that's so, then surely the investigators would have noticed this. The shadowing theory is not new - this is just rather more specific.

I'd say that most cases you only go through Passport Control when entering the country...but not just to wait in the Transit Area of the airport for an onward connecting flight.

Much depends on the airport (when the connection is in a different Terminal, for example), and the varying countries' laws I suppose.

I got re-checked in Amsterdam having left Budapest in route back to Florida via New York (Malev/KLM/Delta). I never left security. They checked us at the gate during the hour prior to boarding. Had a couple little podiums and called each person up one by one, took the passport and boarding passes, and then quizzed traveller about the itenerary and passport details (DOB, etc...). I got a long grilling because I was scheduled to fly through Paris instead of Amsterdam but had been re-routed. They wanted to know why my flights had changed. I told the guy that I was pretty sure that Charles DeGaul was fogged in but that he'd need to check with the airline since I just go where they send me so long as I get home to Florida in a reasonable time.

That was back in 2007 and is the only time I've had to present a passport in transit without passing through formal airport security or customs.

So you thought that LookUp had a stupid theory....
http://www.debatepolitics.com/conspiracy-theories/188576-777-nuke.html
Flight 370's Boeing 777 was almost certainly stolen to deliver a nuke.

Scenario: Iranians take control of Flight 370 with or without pilot cooperation. Takeover is timed perfectly as Flight 370 leaves Malaysian air-control. Hijackers first increase altitude and equalize cabin pressure to kill passengers. They turn west and drop altitude and set course to carefully avoid detection, minimizing time over land, avoiding air defense detection, not flying too high or too low and not wasting fuel. They then fly the plane to a safe location, maybe directly to Iran. Once the aircraft is safely hidden at Iran's chosen location, phase II of the plan starts.

The plan involves reprogramming the transponder to match a normal scheduled flight at some later date. Iranians have shown particular skill at reprogramming U.S. aircraft (e.g. drone takeover). They unload the plane of hundreds of dead bodies, remove the seats and load it with a nuclear bomb. Then the heart of the larger (phase III) plan goes into effect

Now the Iranians use the 777 to deliver the nuke.

Now the Iranians use the 777 to deliver the nuke.

I read through the entire diatribe at 'DP'. It is complete nonsense. This bit, just as one example, is indicative of the poster's utter unfamiliarity with aviation:

The plan involves reprogramming the transponder to match a normal scheduled flight at some later date. Iranians have shown particular skill at reprogramming U.S. aircraft (e.g. drone takeover).
Has no one challenged the reference to Iranian "takeover" of U.S. drones? :rolleyes:
And asked how that (one-time incident?) has any relevance to the rest of the narrative?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back