• MH370 speculation has become excessive recently. Metabunk is not a forum for creating theories by speculation. It's a forum for examining claims, and seeing if they hold up. Please respect this and keep threads on-topic. There are many other forums where speculation is welcome.

Flight MH370 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then there's this too. Methinks Malaysian democracy isn't very.

Putrajaya must restrict information on the Internet about Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 to protect Malaysians from the rage of Chinese families of the MH370 passengers, says Kinabatangan MP Datuk Bung Mokhtar Radin today (Mar 25).

According to Malay Mail Online, he feels that continued bad news about the plane that is now assumed lost with no survivors among the 239 people on board could move Chinese citizens to take out their anger on Malaysians abroad.

He asked in Parliament:

"What will happen if Chinese citizens believe in such issues?

"They will riot and torture any Malaysians wherever they are. We don’t want this to happen.

"With our uncontrolled media, everything can be uploaded to their heart’s content. What will then happen?"
http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...-on-internet-to-protect-malaysians-from-angry
Content from External Source

ATC transcript is sealed? So what was that translation piece we were given in the Guardian?!!! And saying airport security recordings are also sealed, the mind boggles!

I hate to bring this up, but is there a 'religious' aspect involved in this?

Malaysia is known as a "democracy", but certainly not abiding by what most cultures understand as separation of "church" ('religion') from "state" (government) as commonly accepted in many "other" examples of actual democracy.

Please correct/inform me if I am mistaken here.

The real problem is that the Malaysian government owns 69% of Malaysian airlines, and now will be the lead investigatory body. There is a huge conflict of interest here.

Asian "democracy" is a little different from what westerners expect. They do not welcome criticism either, particularly from western countries and will club together when necessary to save "face". The most stunning example of that was the SilkAir 185 investigation that was run by Indonesia.

Silkair is a low cost offshoot of Singapore airlines. The Indonesians declined to find a cause for the accident even though it was blindingly obvious what occurred. The NTSB took the very unusual step of publicly criticising the Indonesian report.

I do not trust the Malaysian government to run an impartial investigation. It would be much better to hand it over to a reputable agency like the NTSB or the Australian equivalent, the ATSB.

The real problem is that the Malaysian government owns 69% of Malaysian airlines, and now will be the lead investigatory body. There is a huge conflict of interest here.

Asian "democracy" is a little different from what westerners expect. They do not welcome criticism either, particularly from western countries and will club together when necessary to save "face". The most stunning example of that was the SilkAir 185 investigation that was run by Indonesia.

Silkair is a low cost offshoot of Singapore airlines. The Indonesians declined to find a cause for the accident even though it was blindingly obvious what occurred. The NTSB took the very unusual step of publicly criticising the Indonesian report.

I do not trust the Malaysian government to run an impartial investigation. It would be much better to hand it over to a reputable agency like the NTSB or the Australian equivalent, the ATSB.
So it is practically government owned ? Works the same way in America at least with anything owned and run by the government .

I hate to bring this up, but is there a 'religious' aspect involved in this?

Malaysia is known as a "democracy", but certainly not abiding by what most cultures understand as separation of "church" ('religion') from "state" (government) as commonly accepted in many "other" examples of actual democracy.

Please correct/inform me if I am mistaken here.
the first thing many thought because the pilot was Muslim then the Muslim Government tried to blame it on family problems but many think its his opposition to the government itself . We may never know .

the first thing many thought because the pilot was Muslim

BOTH pilots were Muslim. Come on, be a bit rational here.

(I'm atheist, so no fan of ANY organized religion) but I'm also a rational person. To know that merely stating a persons' religious belief is NOT a basis for judgement of subsequent actions.

BOTH pilots were Muslim. Come on, be a bit rational here.

(I'm atheist, so no fan of ANY organized religion) but I'm also a rational person. To know that merely stating a persons' religious belief is NOT a basis for judgement of subsequent actions.
That wasnt my opinion . I guess they considered Egyptair as a example . Im not a atheist but I am not a fan of organized religion either . If its the pilots and suicide is the factor what would you say would be the reason . Id say his Anti Government stance . Not family or religion .Or the Co-pilot ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EgyptAir_Flight_990

Last edited by a moderator:
That wasnt my opinion . I guess they considered Egyptair as a example . Im not a atheist but I am not a fan of organized religion either . If its the pilots and suicide is the factor what would you say would be the reason . Id say his Anti Government stance . Not family or religion .Or the Co-pilot ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EgyptAir_Flight_990

I concede. Let's agree to disagree. Too soon to rule out suicide/murder at this point RE: MH370. No facts either way, as yet.

I'm finding it difficult speculating a suicide would include 6-7hours flying - and the murder of all on-board, including a very young child.

Yeah this is pretty awful.

Content from external source
BEIJING - A Malaysian team have told relatives of Chinese passengers on board the missing Malaysia Airlines (MAS) flight MH370 that there was sealed evidence that cannot be made public, as they came under fire from the angry relatives at a briefing on Wednesday.

The sealed evidence included air traffic control radio transcript, radar data and airport security recordings.
http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big...res-sealed-evidence-mh370-cannot-be-made-

China's not exactly known for being forthcoming with its information anyway... doesnt surprise me

I'm finding it difficult speculating a suicide would include 6-7hours flying - and the murder of all on-board, including a very young child.
I doubt the pilots would've known the passenger list of who was on board and their ages. I too have a difficult time believing this was suicide because of the long flight. It would've been much easier to dump the plane earlier on. Some point out that they might not have wanted to be discovered, but this also doesn't make sense since they were opening themselves of to being discovered by ships at sea, military radar, satellites, eye witnesses, or even someone possibly trying to communicate with the outside world from the plane. If this was planned out by a pilot it would've been easy to sneak a radio or cell phone jammer on board the plane which could've easily explained why no one sent a text or made a call from the plane.

Why are they sealing evidence, and what could this sealed evidence actually tell us about what happened? Are they sealing the video footage in the airport that could show us who boarded the actual plane. Could it be something that's embarrassing for Malaysia or China, and thats why they are sealing it. And does sealing it, mean no one investigating this has the authority to review the sealed files or are they just sealed from the prying eyes of the media

ATC transcript is sealed? So what was that translation piece we were given in the Guardian?!!! And saying airport security recordings are also sealed, the mind boggles!
What would be the sense in sealing ATC transcripts? The only reason why they might seal these is if this possibly took the investigation in a new direction and they didn't want interference from the outside world. Why else would they seal these files?

Could it be something that's embarrassing for Malaysia or China, and thats why they are sealing it.

This is the most probably explanation. Given the facts that Cobra pointed out earlier and knowing that saving face is beyond important, it's very likely that any kind of incident that would place the government in a bad light (IE: poor/cut rate/shoddy maintenance, known issues with the aircraft before it lifted off etc) would be cause for the records to be sealed. It's also a pretty fair bet that anything that may get over sensationalized in any form of media may also cause the records to be sealed until a way can be found to release it in a manner that wont get blown so completely out of proportion that it causes the families and the governments more pain and indignation than they're capable of handling.

Who knows at this point.. but my gut says its probably some known mechanical/electrical error that caused the jet to lose contact and ditch/crash etc and the Malay govt doesnt want a black eye.

(Guessing that the one in Singapore is based on the fashion first involved in the UK?)

Kinda.... did you read the restrictions though? Anyone can drag along a soapbox in the UK (and Australia) and say anything they like.. Singapore have relaxed the regulations somewhat though since it began. When it first started a permit was required along with a summary about what was going to be spoken about. Lets just say there was lots of "weather commentary" when it first began.

Kinda.... did you read the restrictions though? Anyone can drag along a soapbox in the UK (and Australia) and say anything they like.. Singapore have relaxed the regulations somewhat though since it began. When it first started a permit was required along with a summary about what was going to be spoken about. Lets just say there was lots of "weather commentary" when it first began.

Yeah, Singapore also makes it "illegal" to chew gum!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewing_gum_ban_in_Singapore

I dunno....I love a "democracy", but not when it involves the loss of personal freedoms.....

With all this secrecy in mind, should the black box be found, who will have custody over it's data?

Its possible it was shot down ? This could all be a diversion .

Since this is the speculation thread:
After "good night" the cockpit is taken over by terrorists. There are two possibilities after that.
1) pilots are told what to do. Switch off transponders and ACARS, descend and turn WNW, then south. The target is in Australia in a 9/11esque attack. The pilots knowing this , decide to instead keep the track slightly west of Australia. There are no landmarks to give the ruse away to the terrorists. The aircraft runs out of fuel and crashes killing 239 people rather than possible thousands as per 9/11. Perhaps the crew had hoped along the way for a successful passenger revolt.

2) A terrorist crew is substituted for the original crew who are killed. The terrorists miss their Target, again Australia seems likely. They run out of fuel and crash. OR A successful passenger revolt occurs but no one knows how to turn things back on or navigate the aircraft, they run out of fuel and crash.
I think my speculation is looking good. But I am biased.

Its possible it was shot down ? This could all be a diversion .
Some might say alien abduction is possible.
However, I was airing my opinion how unlikely pilot suicide appears to me. Admittedly, I've not studied suicide but I don't recall taking the lives of random innocent people with you as being a common theme, let alone waiting 6-7hours to do it.

To my relief, it looks like Australia will. Angus Houston is just the man to head this up. Impeccable integrity.
Is he likely to "leak" any details Malaysian authorities may be trying to cover up?

Some might say alien abduction is possible.
However, I was airing my opinion how unlikely pilot suicide appears to me. Admittedly, I've not studied suicide but I don't recall taking the lives of random innocent people with you as being a common theme, let alone waiting 6-7hours to do it.

Is he likely to "leak" any details Malaysian authorities may be trying to cover up?
countries generally don't like giving up control. and from what im hearing of Malaysia, from this thread, they will want the investigation. just guessing of course.

I think my speculation is looking good. But I am biased.

A maybe, but there really not much in that part of OZ worthy to hit within the plane fuel striking distance. Perth is just and a capital city but hardly well known within the world. The NQR claim a Harrp site in WA, maybe that was delusional intended target.

A maybe, but there really not much in that part of OZ worthy to hit within the plane fuel striking distance. Perth is just and a capital city but hardly well known within the world. The NQR claim a Harrp site in WA, maybe that was delusional intended target.
terrorists and haarp? that's a wicked stretch!

They're probably not releasing any of the information because it would reveal weaknesses in their surveillance systems or the weaknesses were of human origin and they would be embarrassed.

Well a cadre of HARRP loons could be more easily seen as getting hopelessly lost.

True, I noticed that this flight could only have hoped to hit Perth or smaller, even less well known cities in Australia. Not sure if, instead of turning WNW, they had turned ESE then south, if they could have hoped to reached Sydney.
However, at any rate if it was a hijacking then its apparent that there was a navigational error, either inadvertant and performed by the hijackers, or deliberate and done by the pilots.

I had to guffaw out loud. Just too, too funny.

(OT...I know....but an opportunity, nonetheless!)

Been watching and been listening and based on the conduct displayed by the Malaysian authorities and their spokesman, I’m getting more confused by the minute. Just the fact that they will not disclose the course headings, the changes in altitude and the various radar tracking records seems to be designed to keep everyone speculating and jumping to conclusions (conjecture). What is the big secret here. Is it a face saving method to minimize their incompetence or is it a way to prevent everyone from realising that “they are guessing” every step of the way? Take a look at the course from Kula Lumpur to the point where they lost contact with the aircraft. Reverse course back to Kula Lumpur and follow that heading to the rough estimate of where the aircraft would have run out of fuel. Now according to the earliest reports, the plane turned west and disappeared from radar over Palau Perak. Follow the same reverse course heading from Palau Perak and all follow the same heading for the same estimated fuel consumption, less 330 miles. Now take a close look at where you end up. You are in the initial search area. Take into consideration the west to east ocean currents. (drift estimates are 25 to 50 klm per day) Now, where are you? You are within the search area of the first, second, third, etc., satellite images of the 122, 300+, etc., objects spotted early last week. Now ask why it is that they drastically moved the search to the northeast and will not release any information as to why they are now searching in the current area. Secrecy seems to generate a lot of headaches. Guess I’ll go back to taking a headache pill and wishing I knew more details.

I’m getting more confused by the minute.
Then you don't want to read this RT article! http://rt.com/op-edge/disappearance-malaysian-airlines-flight-373/ o_O

Let alone the questions this article leads into....

1) Was the plane ordered to turn back, if so who gave the order?

2) Was the plane turned back manually or by remote control?

3) If the latter, which country or countries have the technologies to execute such an operation?

4) Was MH 370 weaponised before its flight to Beijing?

5) If so, what are the likely methods for such a mission – Biological weapons, dirty bombs?

6) Was Beijing / China the target and if so why?

7) Qui Bono?

8) The time sequence of countries identifying the alleged MH 370 debris in the Indian ocean was first made by Australia followed by France, Thailand, Japan, and Britain via Immarsat. Why did US not offer any satellite intelligence till today?

9) Prior to the switch of focus to the Indian ocean, was the SAR mission in the South China seas, used as a cover for the deployment of undersea equipment to track and monitor naval capabilities of all the nations’ navies competing for ownership of disputed territorial waters? Reuters as quoted above seems to have suggested such an outcome.

10) Why was there been no focus, especially by foreign mass media, on the intelligence and surveillance capabilities of Diego Garcia, the strategic naval and air base of the US?

11) Why no questions were asked whether the flight path of MH 370 (if as alleged it crashed in the Indian Ocean), was within the geographical parameters of the Intelligence capabilities of Diego Garcia? Why were no planes deployed from Diego Garcia to intercept the “Unidentified” plane which obviously would pose a threat to the Diego Gracia military base?

12) The outdated capabilities of the Hexagon satellite system deployed by the US in the 1970s has a ground resolution of 0.6 meters; what’s more, the present and latest technologies boast the ability to identify objects much smaller in size. Why have such satellites not provided any images of the alleged debris in the Indian Ocean? Were they deliberately withheld?

13) On April 6th, 2012, the US launched a mission dubbed “NROL-25” (consisting of a spy satellite) from the Vandenberg Air Force Base in California. The NROL-25 satellite was likely rigged with “synthetic aperture radar” a system capable of observing targets around the globe in daylight and darkness, able to penetrate clouds and identify underground structures such as military bunkers. Though the true capabilities of the satellites are not publicly known due to their top-secret classification, some analysts have claimed that the technology allows the authorities to zoom in on items as small as a human fist from hundreds of miles away. How is it that no imagery of MH370 debris was forwarded to Malaysia, as this capability is not classified though other technologies might well remain classified? (Source: Slate.com)

14) Could it be that the above capabilities were not as touted?

15) However, in December, 2013, the USAtlas V rocket was launched carrying the spy satellite NROL-39 for the National Reconnaissance Office, an intelligence agency which is often overshadowed by the notorious National Security Agency (NSA), only it scoops data via spy satellites in outer space. The “NROL-39 emblem” is represented by the Octopus a versatile, adaptive, and highly intelligent creature. Emblematically, enemies of the United States can be reached no matter where they choose to hide. The emblem boldly states “Nothing is beyond our reach”.This virtually means that the tentacles of America’s World Octopus are spreading across the globe to coil around everything within their grasp, which is, well, everything (Source: Voice of Moscow). Yet, the US with such capabilities remained silent. Why?
Content from External Source

Been watching and been listening and based on the conduct displayed by the Malaysian authorities and their spokesman...

Agreed. But, however, rather than a "conspiracy" or "cover-up" is there merely a potential for bureaucratic "mucking up" and bungling?

Until and unless we get more facts, I'm going to go with simple Human tendency to be "wrong" more often than not. Especially when 'politics' (or the perception of political "Life") are involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back