Explained: UFOs over Melbourne April 2022 [Roulettes Aerobatic Planes]

Well , today is the Melbourne Grand Prix which starts in about 3-4 hours

I expect we will see the Roulettes beforehand . Not sure on the F/A-18 , for some reason I have not seen that practice passes this year.

But it's a sunny day, so not expecting any miss id's

The Hidden Underbelly (Third Phase of Moon's source for the videos) appears to have talked to the video creator, or perhaps took the following from the guy's YouTube description/comments:

"The eyewitness told me that on giving chase to these objects, he noticed that they were shapeshifting. They started off as a solid square object and then turned into a thin rectangular object. He gave chase until they just suddenly disappeared." [emphasis mine]

So, not only do we have "crystal clear" (TPoM) footage of discs flying silently in formation, but they shape-shifted before vanishing into thin air. Now that the person who took the footage has taken it down (presumably because they accept the identification), I wonder what their thoughts are, in retrospect, about the shape-shifting and vanishing. Is it possible to reevaluate your memories once you accept your perception was in error?

Last edited:
The Hidden Underbelly (Third Phase of Moon's source for the videos) appears to have talked to the video creator, or perhaps took the following from the guy's YouTube description/comments:

So, not only do we have "crystal clear" (TPoM) footage of discs flying silently in formation, but they shape-shifted before vanishing into thin air. Now that the person who took the footage has taken it down (presumably because they accept the identification), I wonder what their thoughts are, in retrospect, about the shape-shifting and vanishing. Is it possible to reevaluate your memories once you accept your perception was in error?

Please note I am fairly cynical.

I think the original YT videos were taken down because some deal was done with TPoM. Easier to misrepresent videos when you control which portions are shown.

This is why I always download them, and people take screenshots of comments.

I think the OP was likely a believer given the comments and responses on the videos.

Id also be willing to bet that the new user who showed up to say we were all wrong was the original poster or connected to them.

I get the feeling there is some amount of money to be made from UFO videos, monetised UFO channels on YouTube, Discovery channel documentaries etc. The last thing they need is perfectly rational well researched and evidenced debunks messing everything up.

Last edited:
So, not only do we have "crystal clear" (TPoM) footage of discs flying silently in formation, but they shape-shifted before vanishing into thin air.
So the part where the UAP did something that a plane couldn't do happened when the camera was off? How do they always know that the camera is off so it's time to use the Shape-Shifter, then mash the Instantly Vanish button?

Links to this video from our friends at THIRDPHASEOFMOON where they show their amazement at the quality of the Melbourne video. :rolleyes:

Source: https://youtu.be/IyC2Qw035OM?t=152

I decided to turn off enough of my brain in able to be able to bear watching at least some of that, and within 213s I'm greeted with a claimed date for that sighting of "Marzo 1 del 2022". Do the people who think the nonsense they're peddling has factual content really not care enough to get simple facts like dates right?

Imagine astronomers trying to verify the existence of a potential earth-grazer by looking at telescopic images of the sky to detect changes, and then looking at the wrong day? "It's alright, it's gone, there's nothing to worry about". Maybe attention to detail matters.

Then again, not checking to see if there was an aerobatic display where you were on the day you captured what looks like an aerobatic troupe in formation perhaps indicates that even the largest "details" aren't important.

Then again, not checking to see if there was an aerobatic display where you were on the day you captured what looks like an aerobatic troupe in formation perhaps indicates that even the largest "details" aren't important.
To be fair to 'normal' people who see these things, they probably wouldn't even be aware of the other possibilities of what they saw, don't consider actually checking what was in the sky at that time, or know even how to check. This is why the collection of nerds, avgeeks, spotters on here are so good at what we do.

Do the people who think the nonsense they're peddling has factual content really not care enough to get simple facts like dates right?
It's disinformation, justified by a belief in the righteousness of their message. They deserve none of the trust they enjoy.
To be fair to 'normal' people who see these things, they probably wouldn't even be aware of the other possibilities of what they saw, don't consider actually checking what was in the sky at that time, or know even how to check.
Science-educated people know that accurate data (source, time, location) is important. It's why UFO reports often come forth from people who are not. I feel that is a deficiency we could adress, and one that the UFO community needs to address if it ever wants to lose the "bunch of crackpots" reputation. How can a video that's essentially a repost with a falsified date and location be "most upvoted" in a community that's asking to be taken seriously?

I don't mind 'normal people' being wrong about what they think they saw; that's just human and can happen to anyone. I mind them continuing to extend credulity and trust to charlatans running a con on them by telling them what they want to hear.

Or the details are very important, so they get changed or fudged. Moving the date inoculates it from the likely obvious explanation. If it happened when the Roulettes were not flying, then it can't be the Roulettes.

Plus, the date change is a clever one. The OP claimed April 1 as the date of the sighting. Then the OP stated the date as March 30, at ~11:50am, the day and time the Roulettes were flying. So, the date gets moved to March 1, therefore no Roulettes, and the correction to March 30 gets taken down. March 1 becomes the date of the event and it can't be explained. However, if some cynical bastard like jarlrmai comes along with all the saved evidence showing the OPs actual comments about the date, well you know, April 1 got mixed up with March 30 and became March 1. Nothing nefarious here.

Likewise, some new extraordinary details have been added. I don't remember the OP saying anything about tracking the UFOs, shape-shifting or vanishing.

Third Phase of Moon described what I think was meant to sound like a chain of custody for the videos, which at the time had not been taken down by the witness AFAIK so he could've gone straight to the source. TPoM was sent them by two other sources (one of whom added that incorrect date) as "two attachments" and gave them "permission" to share, as if they had any such authority.

The way I see it, this adds an air of credibility compared to the alternative - "Some Aussie uploaded this to his YouTube the other day."

Third Phase of Moon described what I think was meant to sound like a chain of custody for the videos, which at the time had not been taken down by the witness AFAIK so he could've gone straight to the source. TPoM was sent them by two other sources (one of whom added that incorrect date) as "two attachments" and gave them "permission" to share, as if they had any such authority.

What chain of custody? Why is there two more sources involved? Why add the incorrect date? The original was right there for everybody to see. I had to watch through 6:30 of this guy driving around AZ pitching his podcast and some movie to hear what this is about.

To review:
1. Someone named Era-Modon uploaded the original videos on April 4th, claiming that it was shot in the suburbs of Melbourne, on April 1, then corrected the date to March 30 @~11:30. It's a male voice in the video and is, presumably, the guy doing the filming. Era-Modon also says in the date correction comment that he(?) works with a 24 hour clock, thus the confusion. It seems likely that whoever is calling themselves Era_Modon is the person in the video taking the video (post #18).

2. Flarky and jarlrmai find the flight path of the Roulettes and likely location the video was shot from, thus explaining it as some low-rez images of the Roulettes.

3. A new member, ZeNrG from Melbourne, shows up on the forum with no introduction to participate in this thread. This person claims to have been there (post #26). ZeNrG never argues the date, just repeatedly argues these couldn't be planes. Is this a second witness, or maybe, as jarlrmai suspected, another name for Era-Modon?

4. Then the OP and all comments, including the detail about the date is taken down.

5. The videos then show up in a much more curated form on TPoM. They've been edited, enhanced, foul language removed, spooky music added and a third new date, in Spanish for some odd reason, of Marzo 1 added. The pony-tailed host's buddy, Brandon, claims he received the CRAZY videos from a "Hailey Mason"(sp?) and "The Hidden Underbelly", two separate sources who gave permission to share them. I didn't hear anything about shape shifting or vanishing in the TPoM video. After the 6:23 mark, it switches to Dr. Greer and his nonsense.

So what possible chain of custody, or provenance, is there? We have at least 3, possibly 4 if ZeNrG is in fact the OP, named sources for the original video and 3 different dates. The raw footage is no longer available. Who did the enhancements? Who is Era-Modon, Hailey Mason, The Hidden Underbelly?

If this is as "CRAZY" as the TPoM bros kept saying and is some proof of UFOs over Melbourne in broad daylight, why all the subterfuge?

The way I see it, this adds an air of credibility compared to the alternative - "Some Aussie uploaded this to his YouTube the other day."

I would argue that it was much more credible in the OP. Despite using a screen name, some dude from Aussie uploaded what he thought was a UFO. It seemed unedited, unenhanced and had what sounded like a genuine, if foul mouthed, reaction to what he was seeing. At least he didn't drop the "C" word.

How is it more credible, now that it shows up in a curated form, supposedly shared, I would argue filtered, by two more people that don't seem to have been involved in the original filming?

How is it more credible, now that it shows up in a curated form, supposedly shared, I would argue filtered, by two more people that don't seem to have been involved in the original filming?

I certainly don't think it's more credible, but a YouTuber like TPoM apparently did because they could have gone to the source but instead explained at length how they got the video from other sources (perhaps trying to imply that those sources had somehow vetted the video, and also removing responsibility from themselves if the footage turned out to be mundane).

The Hidden Underbelly is the person who contacted the witness for more info, which is where he got the descriptions of shapeshifting and vanishing. At least that's what he says:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHRxXKRyTNA

The witness stated the following "I was chasing them till they suddenly disappeared, they were shifting shapes from square blocks to thin rectangular shapes." [from the video description]

I presume the other source (I couldn't figure out the name) is the one who added the wrong Spanish date and music, since The Hidden Underbelly's version is just the original with the Aussie guy talking.

Last edited:
What chain of custody? Why is there two more sources involved? Why add the incorrect date? The original was right there for everybody to see. I had to watch through 6:30 of this guy driving around AZ pitching his podcast and some movie to hear what this is about.

To review:
1. Someone named Era-Modon uploaded the original videos on April 4th, claiming that it was shot in the suburbs of Melbourne, on April 1, then corrected the date to March 30 @~11:30. It's a male voice in the video and is, presumably, the guy doing the filming. Era-Modon also says in the date correction comment that he(?) works with a 24 hour clock, thus the confusion. It seems likely that whoever is calling themselves Era_Modon is the person in the video taking the video (post #18).

2. Flarky and jarlrmai find the flight path of the Roulettes and likely location the video was shot from, thus explaining it as some low-rez images of the Roulettes.

3. A new member, ZeNrG from Melbourne, shows up on the forum with no introduction to participate in this thread. This person claims to have been there (post #26). ZeNrG never argues the date, just repeatedly argues these couldn't be planes. Is this a second witness, or maybe, as jarlrmai suspected, another name for Era-Modon?

4. Then the OP and all comments, including the detail about the date is taken down.

5. The videos then show up in a much more curated form on TPoM. They've been edited, enhanced, foul language removed, spooky music added and a third new date, in Spanish for some odd reason, of Marzo 1 added. The pony-tailed host's buddy, Brandon, claims he received the CRAZY videos from a "Hailey Mason"(sp?) and "The Hidden Underbelly", two separate sources who gave permission to share them. I didn't hear anything about shape shifting or vanishing in the TPoM video. After the 6:23 mark, it switches to Dr. Greer and his nonsense.

So what possible chain of custody, or provenance, is there? We have at least 3, possibly 4 if ZeNrG is in fact the OP, named sources for the original video and 3 different dates. The raw footage is no longer available. Who did the enhancements? Who is Era-Modon, Hailey Mason, The Hidden Underbelly?

If this is as "CRAZY" as the TPoM bros kept saying and is some proof of UFOs over Melbourne in broad daylight, why all the subterfuge?

I would argue that it was much more credible in the OP. Despite using a screen name, some dude from Aussie uploaded what he thought was a UFO. It seemed unedited, unenhanced and had what sounded like a genuine, if foul mouthed, reaction to what he was seeing. At least he didn't drop the "C" word.

Hmm,

Why does the video TPOM show have a spanish date?

That is weird

1649908735643.png

That's not TPoM's video. It's their source's video whose name I can't figure out. (Or their source got it from yet somewhere else.)

I figured as much, but why use a spanish source for an australian video. Just seemed odd
Like I said, my feeling is they didn't want to use the original because it enables them to wash their hands of criticism for showing hoax/debunked material. "It was just something we were sent, we didn't check where it came from, we're just putting it out there for comment, " etc.

Whereas if you are sent something by the person claiming to have taken the video, you're on the hook for verifying their credentials to make sure you're not being fooled.

Also suspicous that the blog to note the source email of the video and posted about it on 11 Sept 2015, was called thirdphaseofsun. Spanish blog, with a name oh so close to thirdphaseofmoon

Could be a strange coincidence for sure .

https://thirdphaseofsun.blogspot.com/2015/09/el-extrano-ovni-que-escaneo-el-terreno.html

I wonder what nationality background thirdphaseofmoon have , out of curiousity

When the hot UFO video was the tic-tacs out at sea video, that was eventually shown to have been a TPOM video. There was a lot of good information about them and previous hoaxes where it was said they were from Hawaii. If this is TPOM then it might seem there is a current trend of trying to launder older TPOM videos for the current UFO audience.

When the hot UFO video was the tic-tacs out at sea video, that was eventually shown to have been a TPOM video. There was a lot of good information about them and previous hoaxes where it was said they were from Hawaii. If this is TPOM then it might seem there is a current trend of trying to launder older TPOM videos for the current UFO audience.

yeah that was a mistake by me, meant to post that in the other thread about the metapod, which I now have

Can you give possible reasons why the second plane appears to be angled downward in this still? So far the ones I've come up with are:

- they haven't started performing yet so aren't quite in perfect formation (this assumes the plane really is out of line which seems unlikely as this was seconds before they made their first appearance at the memorial and began the display)

Or if it's an artefact of low-res pixelation/enhancement:
- the angle/lens of the camera warps them
- atmospheric interference

Screenshot 2022-04-06 140734.jpg

Like I said, my feeling is they didn't want to use the original because it enables them to wash their hands of criticism for showing hoax/debunked material. "It was just something we were sent, we didn't check where it came from, we're just putting it out there for comment, " etc.
That sounds reasonable, however, it's important to note who TPoM is. I had forgotten about them until jackfrosttv and jarlrmai mentioned them again in post #58.

TPoM is twin brothers Blake and Brent Cousins. They claim to be film makers with a history of uploading faked UFO videos. That's Blake driving and hosting the video, his brother Brent (I mistakenly called him Brandon) is heard off screen talking about where the original footage came from.

This is from a Metabunk thread discussing one of their fake videos. In post #46, Rory shares a Reddit thread that has a complete take down of all their fake videos, most of which are no longer available. They would literally go within a few miles of their Hawiian home, fake a video and they claim it was form New Zealand, Washington State or even Jerusalem!
1649951523415.png
www.metabunk.org/threads/recycled-ufo-video-2012-tictacs-over-the-pacific.12325/page-2

Givin their background, I would not at all be surprised if they were in fact the ones doing the editing and enhancements. They have a history of faking or reusing stuff for their own agenda. They have tried to pass off Honokaa HI as Jerusalem. They would add spooky music to videos. One of their supposed sources in the past was a guy named Marcel Gomez, so maybe the Spanish date was thrown on there to make it look like they got it from a source, other than Era-Modon.

Take the original footage, give it to the Cousins and one would expect it to look like what they shared.

One of their supposed sources in the past was a guy named Marcel Gomez, so maybe the Spanish date was thrown on there to make it look like they got it from a source, other than Era-Modon.

If they're telling the truth about their sources for this video, it's The Hidden Underbelly (who also claims to have spoken to the witness) and "Hymie Massan" - I can't figure out that name.

Can you give possible reasons why the second plane appears to be angled downward in this still?
I think they are all at the same angle, as far as it is possible to tell, and a few different pixels and compression give an illusion of different angles.

Which second in which video is it?
Aren't both aircraft on the left pitched the same angle?

I took a another screenshot showing the apparent different angles more clearly - yes, the front two sometimes seem to be at the same tilted angle compared to the rear one(s).
This is from the first video in #39, at 12 sec.
Just trying to explain to someone who can't get past this despite all the other evidence.

Attachments

• Image19.jpg
    Image19.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 128
I think they are all at the same angle, as far as it is possible to tell, and a few different pixels and compression give an illusion of different angles.
I suspect this person asking me about it is seeing this.

Attachments

• Image19.jpg
    Image19.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 119
I think this is more or less accurate and shows the illusion of the front planes being tilted down. The planes' bellies are all horizontal but the lighting makes the tails look higher than the noses. The combined blob of the 3rd & 4th plane looks horizontal as a whole, adding to the illusion that the front two are tilted.

Image17.jpg

If they're telling the truth about their sources for this video, it's The Hidden Underbelly (who also claims to have spoken to the witness) and "Hymie Massan" - I can't figure out that name.
The Hidden Underbelly is one of the channels TPoM links too, so they seem to know each other. I can't figure out the "Haily Mason" either. But, I was looking (wasting an inordinate amount of time) at the TPoM YouTube channel in reference to the Metapod UFO (www.metabunk.org/threads/metapod-ufo-top-voted-post-of-the-month-on-r-ufos-maybe-top-of-all-time.12375) thread.

These guys have over 2500 videos dating back to 2011 and seem to be completely shameless. They will post and re-post anything and everything. I watched one about "Secret Aircraft being tested at Area 51". While I haven't been to Area 51, I've been to Vegas, Reno, Carson City, Mindon, The Black Rock Desert, Fallon, Sand Mountain and I've traveled HYW 50 across the state. Nothing in their video looks anything like Nevada and a hell of a lot like Hawaii, where they live.

/www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oUSRNoWtQg

I wouldn't take their word on anything.

Can you give possible reasons why the second plane appears to be angled downward in this still?

How are you measuring the supposed downward angle?

If 2 ovals overlap, then the one behind will not have as much of one corner (eww, sorry, can't think of a better word), and therefore there might be some optical illusion tricking you into thinking it's slanting?

Attachments

• ovals.png
    ovals.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 107
I took a another screenshot showing the apparent different angles more clearly - yes, the front two sometimes seem to be at the same tilted angle compared to the rear one(s).
This is from the first video in #39, at 12 sec.
Just trying to explain to someone who can't get past this despite all the other evidence.

Here's a screenshot from the 10th second of that video.
SmartSelect_20220415-115454_Samsung Internet.jpg
Note how it looks on the still as if there are only 2 objects, and the first is tilted up.

To the UFO believer, these are 2 UFOs that are "shapeshifting"; while we, knowing the Roulettes were operating in this exact part of the sky at this exact time, see 4 conventional aircraft manoeuvering in close formation. Expectation determines what we perceive.

An aircraft turning towards or away from the viewer may look like it is changing pitch.

figured as much, but why use a spanish source for an australian video. Just seemed odd
Ok, feeling like a complete idiot here for not putting together the name I couldn't understand with the Spanish date.

They're claiming they got the video form "Jamie Mausson", a notorious UFO hoax promoter from Mexico. He was involved in "The Roswell Slides" and more recently the "Alien Mummies from Peru".

So, we have what is almost certainly a low-rez recording of some airplanes, that was uploaded as recorded, that has now been chopped and processed into click-bait by known hoaxers like Mausson and the Cousins brothers.

Some samples of Maussan's work:

In June 2017, Maussan was involved in the analysis of 5 mummies discovered in Peru at the region where the UNESCO World Heritage Nazca Lines site is located. The images of these findings were initially aired in a documentary sponsored by Gaia, Inc. and it allegedly shows a crouched mummified body of a humanoid figure with an elongated skull and three fingers on each hand and foot.) Snopes reported that Maussan "led an event called Be Witness, at which a mummified body — purportedly that of an alien — was unveiled. Later, though, that 'alien' discovery was debunked. The mummified corpse was shown to be that of a human child.".[4]
Content from External Source
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaime_Maussan

The “Roswell Slides” are images that a group of UFO promoters – including Anthony Bragalia, Jaime Maussan, Adam Dew, Donald Schmitt, Tom Carey, and Richard Dolan – put forward at an event held on May 5, 2015, in Mexico City, as proof positive of an extraterrestrial crash at Roswell in 1947 and the recovery and cover-up by the US government of alien bodies. These are claims that most of the aforementioned group have been making for over two years now. They have repeatedly said that the best experts they could find were examining the slides, and that they had determined the slides showed a creature that was of unearthly origin.

Nothing could be further from the truth. As many skeptics have been saying since the first rough image of one of the slides was procured several months ago as a screen capture from a promotional video released by Dew, the figure photographed and shown in the slides is almost certainly a mummified body.
Content from External Source
http://www.roswellslides.com/the-roswell-slides/

Back