Debunking Humor...

I guess the image is mildly amusing, so this can go here as well as anywhere.

Happy New Year, Metabunk. Success, prosperity, health and happiness to you all in the coming year.

And humor.

happy new year metabunk 2.jpg

7 hours into 2024. I've been reassuring overseas online acquaintances that 2024 looks to have arrived. It "saw itself in" without the benefit of my personal supervision. That is 23 years of my rigorous experiment to demonstrate that "seeing the New Year in" is a redundant process.

From the thread
Claim: Fluctuations in Earth's magnetic field... causes a myriad of different health problems:

Mortality vs solar cycles as indicated by sunspot frequency.jpg

So, deaths from heart disease and stroke have declined steadily since the '50s, likely due to improved knowledge, care and medical interventions. Cancer has stayed stubbornly about the same with a slight increase in the early '90s followed by a very slight decrease in the early '00s.

Totally unrelated to sun-spot activity. I suspect a cover up ;).

Hang on- a comprehensive cover-up of solar activity in relation to cardiac health:
Might that be a Total Eclipse of the Heart?

Is that what Bonnie Tyler was trying to warn us about way back in '83?

The effects of extreme solar/ geomagnetic activity are one of the more plausible explanations for this gloriously bonkers video.
I went to Church of England schools and I don't remember them being quite like this.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcOxhH8N3Bo

Head Teacher:
"Welcome to the new term, boys and girls. We were all pleased to see a greater interest in the drama and performing arts options last term, particularly among the older boys, but sadly Miss Tyler has had to leave us at short notice.
I must remind you that unauthorised flying during choir practice is forbidden, except on Halloween.
And after the nasty outbreak last term, all pupils are advised that if you wake up with glowing eyes, you should get your parents or guardian to make a doctor's appointment- don't come back to school until it clears up."

Depicting tobacco consumption, which (along with cotton) practically stood for slavery before the portrait was painted, and stood for a conspiracy to downplay its health risks later.

I don't know, look at the platter to the left, looks like she's been rolling some serious fatties. If she's puffing on some "whacky-tabbacky", the message may be more like, "Come on man...it's all cool...everybody's cool...you know, like when you said what you said...and then, like I said something different...it's, like...it's all cool....and it's not cotton man...it's hemp"

Depicting tobacco consumption, which (along with cotton) practically stood for slavery before the portrait was painted, and stood for a conspiracy to downplay its health risks later.
The message is nice, but the subtext... :p
I think you missed the meaning of the message entirely...

From The Guardian (online), "US urged to reveal UFO evidence after claim that it has intact alien vehicles"
by Richard Luscombe, June 06 2023 (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jun/06/whistleblower-ufo-alien-tech-spacecraft):

In 2021, the Pentagon released a report on UAP – the term is preferred to UFO by much of the extraterrestrial community
Content from External Source

So that's where "UAP" came from- when I was a kid we all said "UFO", everyone knew what we meant and nobody was offended by it. Least I don't know anyone offended by it...
We all know some terms used in the past are better left in the past, but this is political correctness gone mad!
If the Extraterrestrial community want the benefits of living on Earth, maybe they should try adapting to our ways!

From The Guardian (online), "US urged to reveal UFO evidence after claim that it has intact alien vehicles"
by Richard Luscombe, June 06 2023 (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jun/06/whistleblower-ufo-alien-tech-spacecraft):

In 2021, the Pentagon released a report on UAP – the term is preferred to UFO by much of the extraterrestrial community

So that's where "UAP" came from- when I was a kid we all said "UFO", everyone knew what we meant and nobody was offended by it. Least I don't know anyone offended by it...
We all know some terms used in the past are better left in the past, but this is political correctness gone mad!
If the Extraterrestrial community want the benefits of living on Earth, maybe they should try adapting to our ways!

At least you don't have the extraterrestrial extremists having rallies through your town chanting "Green Pride Diskwide!".

I'm not sure where the right place for this post is, but this is about something that did contain some chuckles.

I've just picked up a copy of Francis Wheen's /How Mumbo Jumbo Conquered the World: A Short History of Modern Delusions/
https://www.amazon.com/How-Mumbo-Jumbo-Conquered-World-Delusions/dp/158648348X
What characterizes our era? Cults, quacks, gurus, irrational panics, moral confusion and an epidemic of mumbo-jumbo, that's what. In /How Mumbo-Jumbo Conquered the World/, Francis Wheen brilliantly laments the extraordinary rise of superstition, relativism and emotional hysteria. From Middle Eastern fundamentalism to the rise of lotteries, astrology to mysticism, poststructuralism to the Third Way, Wheen shows that there has been a pervasive erosion of Enlightenment values, which have been displaced by nonsense. And no country has a more vivid parade of the bogus and bizarre than the one founded to embody Enlightenment values: the USA. In turn comic, indignant, outraged, and just plain baffled by the idiocy of it all, /How Mumbo-Jumbo Conquered the World/ is a masterful depiction of the absurdity of our times and a plea that we might just think a little more and believe a little less.
He's an ex-/Private Eye/ editor, and writes with a predictably brutal cynical tone - If you're mentioned in this book, you almost certainly won't consider it good publicity. He's politically non-partisan, no-one's let off the hook. It's packed with anecdotes and dense with details, and breaks perfectly into bite-sized chunks, so is absolutely perfect toilet-reading material. I'm really enjoying it, I just wish a sequel was on its way, as there's been enough similar nonsense in the last couple of decades that you could easily fill another tome.

Strange UFO with appendages that changes brightness, spotted out the window of a bus while being transported to a kite event.

As I was in Abu Dhabi at the time, I have dubbed it the "Abu Dhabi Doo," with apologies to Fred Flintstone. And probably to Abu Dhabi.

Presumably the Lizard People will crash the site again to try and get rid of this post... we'll see...

Strange UFO with appendages that changes brightness, spotted out the window of a bus while being transported to a kite event.
"... was pacing us ..." "... only spent a few seconds packing my stuff and stepping outside, but it was gone, it must have suddenly sped off..." "... it was definitely not bird poop stuck on the window..."

Back