Debunked: Ebola CDC Quarantine Map Matches Immigration/Agenda 21 Maps [Population centers]

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member

The above image is a map of US cities by population. Something that occasionally crops up in conspiracy cultures is taking two different maps that basically reflect the population density of the United States, and then claiming that there's some correlation between them. Of course the correlation is simply population, but instead the theorist will claim that whatever the subjects the two maps happen to be about are actually linked.

For example, in this Before It's News article, and related video, we see two maps. the first is from the CDC, and is a map of the U.S. Quarantine stations.

http://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/quarantine-stations-us.html
U.S. Quarantine Stations are part of a comprehensive system that serves to limit the introduction and spread of contagious diseases in the United States. U.S. Quarantine Stations are located at 20 ports of entry and land-border crossings where international travelers arrive (see map below).
Content from External Source

Notice these are Quarantine centers for people arriving in the US. It's not an "Ebola Quarantine" map. It basically reflects large cities, because large cities are where the large international airports are, so that's where people arrive. There's also one at the relatively small El Paso, Texas, because of the land border with Mexico.

There are 20 quarantine stations. Back in the 1970s there were 55, but with eradication of infectious diseases due to vaccination this was reduced to just 8. But between 2004 and 2007 this was increase to the present 20 because of bioterrorism concerns, and because of the 2003 SARS outbreak.

But then they also show this map:

Which is a basically a list of every reported relocation center of unaccompanied immigrant children, collated by NumberUSA, an anti-immigration web site run by Roy Beck.

Again the map simply represents population centers, with a concentration on the Mexico border. The actual immigration facilities are the red triangles. The blue and yellow markers represent reported proposed or cancelled immigration facilities. But it basically just represents cites with lots of people, and places near the border. Compare the immigration center map against the population map:

Before It's News then takes it another step with the addition of this map:

They try to make out that it's an "Agenda 21" map, some kind of plan for population redistribution by a global elite. However, as you can see, it simply reflects expansion of existing population, and is part of a 2011 report on high-speed rail by the Regional Plan Association, a 90 year old New York based urban reform association. It's not about getting people into those areas, as the people are already there. It's about linking up the areas with high speed rail and other infrastructure reforms.

Another video about the same maps thinks that it's incredibly suspicious that there are no "Megaregions" or CDC quarantine centers in the Yelllowstone region, and goes on to suggest that the global elite might be planning to reduce the population by triggering a supervolcano explosion under Yellowstone.

Of course the reason there's no Megaregions etc there is because nobody lives there.

Last edited:
Pretty much when you plot almost anything on a map this way, you just end up with a different way to plot population distribution. Registered voters (total or broken down for either party), births, diseases, crime, cars, pollution... You can't draw comparisons between them unless you control for population first.

XKCD for everything:

haha anyone can play this game.

There is something else nefarious going on, in much the same places. Can you tell what these are?

And this is going on while you sleep. Night time is the most dangerous, as anyone worried about witches and vampires knows

(Not much there isn't an xkcd for)

There is something else nefarious going on, in much the same places. Can you tell what these are?
One of the things that I learned in my cartography class last year is that maps can lie, and can be used to spread lies lol. We learned that red=danger and that green = safe. But I still can't figure out what this map is depicting, could be anything really..just about any type of data can be plotted on a map and with a few cartographic skill, can be used as a propaganda tool. Just like back in the early days of maritime exploration, countries would make a map and put things like sea monsters in areas where they didn't want others to explore..maybe because they disovered resources there or maybe pirate treasure was discovered there..started the concept of "here be dragons"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here_be_dragons

herebedragons11.gif

OK it is a "heat map" of the locations of churches of the 30 most populous denominations. It would overlay with good fidelity on some CT maps, and the amoebic appearance of the blobs would make it well suited for "nastiness" claims. That eerie green light spreading from them.. I hope I didn't start anything with this.

The small dark one of course is a satellite image taken at night.

OK it is a "heat map" of the locations of churches of the 30 most populous denominations. It would overlay with good fidelity on some CT maps, and the amoebic appearance of the blobs would make it well suited for "nastiness" claims. That eerie green light spreading from them.. I hope I didn't start anything with this.

The small dark one of course is a satellite image taken at night.
Cool stuff. I would have never guessed it was a map of churches...but that just goes to show how different colors and symbols can be used to induce a certain though pattern/outcome. I always liked the cartograms too,which are maps of various types of data where the size and shape are adjusted with the different values within the area (for example, the size of a U.S. state may indicate how many people live there, bigger = more people, smaller = less people)....yep, I'm a geo-nerd :D

http://www.sasi.group.shef.ac.uk/worldmapper/display.php?selected=2

population.png
This cartogram map is "total population" by country

maps of various types of data where the size and shape are adjusted with the different values within the area (

Have a close look at my avatar.

It's a tree map of the contents of my computer (some time ago),. The size of each division is the amount of disk space used by each file, and the colours code for different file types. In the original I can point to each one and the hover text tells me the exact file name.

Edit: for anyone who wants to try the tree map, works up to Win7 I think
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/download/Sequoiaview,0301-1276.html

Last edited:

The above image is a map of US cities by population. Something that occasionally crops up in conspiracy cultures is taking two different maps that basically reflect the population density of the United States, and then claiming that there's some correlation between them. Of course the correlation is simply population, but instead the theorist will claim that whatever the subjects the two maps happen to be about are actually linked.

For example, in this Before It's News article, and related video, we see two maps. the first is from the CDC, and is a map of the U.S. Quarantine stations.

http://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/quarantine-stations-us.html
U.S. Quarantine Stations are part of a comprehensive system that serves to limit the introduction and spread of contagious diseases in the United States. U.S. Quarantine Stations are located at 20 ports of entry and land-border crossings where international travelers arrive (see map below).
Content from External Source

Notice these are Quarantine centers for people arriving in the US. It's not an "Ebola Quarantine" map. It basically reflects large cities, because large cities are where the large international airports are, so that's where people arrive. There's also one at the relatively small El Paso, Texas, because of the land border with Mexico.

There are 20 quarantine stations. Back in the 1970s there were 55, but with eradication of infectious diseases due to vaccination this was reduced to just 8. But between 2004 and 2007 this was increase to the present 20 because of bioterrorism concerns, and because of the 2003 SARS outbreak.

But then they also show this map:

Which is a basically a list of every reported relocation center of unaccompanied immigrant children, collated by NumberUSA, an anti-immigration web site run by Roy Beck.

Again the map simply represents population centers, with a concentration on the Mexico border. The actual immigration facilities are the red triangles. The blue and yellow markers represent reported proposed or cancelled immigration facilities. But it basically just represents cites with lots of people, and places near the border. Compare the immigration center map against the population map:

Before It's News then takes it another step with the addition of this map:

They try to make out that it's an "Agenda 21" map, some kind of plan for population redistribution by a global elite. However, as you can see, it simply reflects expansion of existing population, and is part of a 2011 report on high-speed rail by the Regional Plan Association, a 90 year old New York based urban reform association. It's not about getting people into those areas, as the people are already there. It's about linking up the areas with high speed rail and other infrastructure reforms.

Another video about the same maps thinks that it's incredibly suspicious that there are no "Megaregions" or CDC quarantine centers in the Yelllowstone region, and goes on to suggest that the global elite might be planning to reduce the population by triggering a supervolcano explosion under Yellowstone.

Of course the reason there's no Megaregions etc there is because nobody lives there.
A real theme in CT is the "discovery" of planning documents they would have preferred remain obscure. I think this must feel empowering. God only knows how many hopeless plans have been well documented.

Back