Contrail Question for Skeptics - What's the Effect of Contrails on Climate?

1) I know . . . unleaded gas costs more . . . that is my point . . . the public has to pay for it . . . for their own good . . . they didn't do it by choice however . . . at least most didn't . . .
As I told you............ they did it by regulations................ and penalties.......... Better wear the sombrero....or the shaded glasses.......you determine what you see.........and what you ignore........

. . . how difficult is it to get citizenship and make a living . . .

Seems to be pretty easy. A lot of Brits come here first, and use this country as a gateway to Australia (which is a dump).
Australia has more difficult direct entry hurdles, but if you already have (the easy to obtain) NZ citezinship, it's a doddle.

(I was kidding about Auastralia being a dump. It's a nice place.)

Where do you suggest they move?

Someplace where they can be happy without having to see something they consider ugly. i'm sure there are many people who live in the Bronx who would rather live somewhere more aesthetically pleasing, sometimes it's not possible. At least it's just aesthetics, it doesn't effect ones health.

As I told you............ they did it by regulations................ and penalties.......... Better wear the sombrero....or the shaded glasses.......you determine what you see.........and what you ignore........
Yes, and some day the airlines may pay penalties for leaving contrails when they could be avoided . . .

Someplace where they can be happy without having to see something they consider ugly. i'm sure there are many people who live in the Bronx who would rather live somewhere more aesthetically pleasing, sometimes it's not possible. At least it's just aesthetics, it doesn't effect ones health.
Everything is a compromise in life . . .

Have a fleet of planes deposit tons of sulfuric acid into the atmosphere.?

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...c-acid-20131210,0,4265545.story#ixzz2nE6fGHCY
The amount of sulfuric acid Davis Keith mentioned is ten (10) times less sulfur than any scientists has proposed in the past . . . if this is a correct quote the whole operation could be accomplished by using a few modified Lear or Gulfstream business jets . . . But I don't know what this has to do with chemtrails . . . the sulfur injections would be accomplished in the stratosphere where the atmosphere is too dry to create contrails except in the most unusual situations . . .

Last edited:
The amount of sulfuric acid Davis Keith mentioned is ten (10) times less sulfur than any scientists has proposed in the past . . . if this is a correct quote the whole operation could be accomplished by using a few modified Lear or Gulfstream business jets . . . But I don't know what this has to do with chemtrails . . . the sulfur injections would be accomplished in the straosphere where the atmosphere is too dry to create contrails except in the most unusual situations . . .
Im wondering if they dumped the Sulphic acid in the stratosphere what would happen when the acid passes thru a passing Jets engine ? Think it would make a lingering contrail ?

Im wondering if they dumped the Sulphic acid in the stratosphere what would happen when the acid passes thru a passing Jets engine ? Think it would make a lingering contrail ?
Not likely . . . the winds and dilution effect in the upper troposphere or lower stratosphere would make the acid concentration minimal . . .

So whats making them persist so much ?
If you mean the existing persistent contrails . . . it is very simply stated a combination of the right temperatures, relative humidity and altitude . . . usually above 30,000 feet, temperatures below -41 C and 60 plus percent humidity . . . creating an ice supersaturation layer where the water vapor from the jet exhausts acts as nuclei for ice crystals which then attract more ice crystal formation from the ambient air. . . . only when there is sufficient ambient humidity can this be sustained into persistent contrails . . . sort of a chain reaction . . . sometimes it blooms into a entire cirrus cloud bank . . .

Stephen Colbert says they are already spraying us :)

Very interesting Video . . . seems David Keith did say only 20,000 tons . . . Jay . . . sorry this could be well under detection levels . . .

If you mean the existing persistent contrails . . . it is very simply stated a combination of the right temperatures, relative humidity and altitude . . . usually above 30,000 feet, temperatures below -41 C and 60 plus percent humidity . . . creating an ice supersaturation layer where the water vapor from the jet exhausts acts as nuclei for ice crystals which then attract more ice crystal formation from the ambient air. . . . only when there is sufficient ambient humidity can this be sustained into persistent contrails . . . sort of a chain reaction . . . sometimes it blooms into a entire cirrus cloud bank . . .
Yea I heard that one before . Still not buying though . My thousands of photos without them tells me something is different . But thanks anyway George

Yea I heard that one before . Still not buying though . My thousands of photos without them tells me something is different . But thanks anyway George
Your thousands of photos without what? What "them" are you talking about?

You are welcome Joe. . . . once someone feels there is some skullduggery going on regarding persistent contrails it is hard to dismiss their existence as normal and a natural consequence to changes in technology . . . remember over the last few decades the following has happened at an ever increasing rate . . . giving the impression that something has changed because it has . . .

1) More flights every year . . .
2) More flights over longer distances
3) More flights at higher and higher altitudes. 30,000 plus feet
4) More efficient engines . . . the higher efficiencies equal more contrails than less efficient engines . . .

Seems to be pretty easy. A lot of Brits come here first, and use this country as a gateway to Australia (which is a dump).
Australia has more difficult direct entry hurdles, but if you already have (the easy to obtain) NZ citezinship, it's a doddle.

(I was kidding about Auastralia being a dump. It's a nice place.)
Thanks for the info . . . would a crazy old US Air Force Officer be welcome there ???

Your thousands of photos without what? What "them" are you talking about?

He says that his old photographs don't have contrails.

But his modern photographs (like within the last two or three years) have contrails.

Therefore he insists that the contrails are different now or didn't even exist prior to Obama.

Never mind that now he pays attention to and targets contrails whereas before he was just taking pictures of surfers etc... The shift in the focus of his attention has no effect on whether or not contrails show up in his photos. Nevermind the persistent contrail archive thread or the personal experience of the rest of us.

He says that his old photographs don't have contrails.

But his modern photographs (like within the last two or three years) have contrails.

Therefore he insists that the contrails are different now or didn't even exist prior to Obama.

Never mind that now he pays attention to and targets contrails whereas before he was just taking pictures of surfers etc... The shift in the focus of his attention has no effect on whether or not contrails show up in his photos. Nevermind the persistent contrail archive thread or the personal experience of the rest of us.
ha ha . I have plenty of pictures at the beach the funny thing is you can still see most of the sky without lines all over the skies ? It cant be Obamas fault it has to be Bush . Im just saying their was a massive increase in persistent contrails in Florida enough where you cant help but notice them or without trying photograph as well . Why are there not more trails on Google earth ? What was that you do for a living ?

Last edited by a moderator:
You are welcome Joe. . . . once someone feels there is some skullduggery going on regarding persistent contrails it is hard to dismiss their existence as normal and a natural consequence to changes in technology . . . remember over the last few decades the following has happened at an ever increasing rate . . . giving the impression that something has changed because it has . . .

1) More flights every year . . .
2) More flights over longer distances
3) More flights at higher and higher altitudes. 30,000 plus feet
4) More efficient engines . . . the higher efficiencies equal more contrails than less efficient engines . . .
I flew in the seventies and they were flying above 30,000 feet at least on cross country flights . Skullduggery ? with our government ? Oh that would never happen George :) There has always been plenty of flights to Florida especially this time of year . Im sure there is way more but that would mean there was hardly enough trails to draw someone attention . As their is now . Watch the first 14 seconds of the video again and listen to the reaction of the audience .

I flew in the seventies and they were flying above 30,000 feet at least on cross country flights

There are more though, because of the increased use of small jets over turboprops.

I would also add:

5) More routes. So more areas seeing contrails, and more overflights in major cities.

Why are there not more trails on Google earth ?

Do you think they are censoring trails?

Why are there not more trails on the surf photos that people post on 2ndlight.com?

Is somebody censoring those photos too? Or is it that even with the fairly high frequency of contrails that contrails do not regularly show up in the photos by people that aren't actively targeting trails. Trails aren't there every day nor do they blanket the sky every day so they only occasionally show up in randomly selected photos.

Last edited:
canada.jpg Google earth tries to select imagery when the sky is clear so any photos in which the ground are going to get scrapped as better imagery is obtained. Used to be that the area around my brother's house was obscurred by smoke from a fire in down in the gorge. Google Earth finally updated that area. It is interesting to use the imagery date selector and look at how the images change over time. That area of Canada in your vid has quite a patch work of imagery from different seasons so some are green. Some have snow and all the water iced up. Some have both right next to one-another.

The strip with the contrails was from July 5, 2011. The adjacent stip (to the east) was July 19, 2011. Different weather.

The NE/SW orientation of the trails indicates that it is trans-Atlantic passenger traffic from Europe to the US. I've been to Europe four times. I flew over that patch all four times on the way out and twice on the way back. It was dark on the way out but daylight on the way back.

Twice coming back we flew far north before heading west in a circle route over southern Greenland in order to avoid ripping westerlies so the return down into the US didn't pass over New Brunswick but passed over Quebec province instead.

That's busy corridor and I'll bet they're pretty accustomed to trails.

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/kusznir-debunked-again.2241/#post-61475

Last edited:
canada.jpg Google earth tries to select imagery when the sky is clear so any photos in which the ground are going to get scrapped as better imagery is obtained. Used to be that the area around my brother's house was obscurred by smoke from a fire in down in the gorge. Google Earth finally updated that area. It is interesting to use the imagery date selector and look at how the images change over time. That area of Canada in your vid has quite a patch work of imagery from different seasons so some are green. Some have snow and all the water iced up. Some have both right next to one-another.

The strip with the contrails was from July 5, 2011. The adjacent stip (to the east) was July 19, 2011. Different weather.

The NE/SW orientation of the trails indicates that it is trans-Atlantic passenger traffic from Europe to the US. I've been to Europe four times. I flew over that patch all four times on the way out and twice on the way back. It was dark on the way out but daylight on the way back.

Twice coming back we flew far north before heading west in a circle route over southern Greenland in order to avoid ripping westerlies so the return down into the US didn't pass over New Brunswick but passed over Quebec province instead.

That's busy corridor and I'll bet they're pretty accustomed to trails.

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/kusznir-debunked-again.2241/#post-61475
only busy in the one section ?

thats the only spot on Google earth where there are that many combined .Id figure their would be a lot more as they update each section ?

There would be more likely be less, as they prefer to use cloud-free images.

Id figure their would be a lot more as they update each section

There should be less as they obtain clearer images. Google Earth isn't depicting clouds.

only busy in the one section ?

I don't follow? The imagery dates are varied. There were obviously a lot of contrails along the flight corridor that day but only one little strip of imagery from that date posted to Google Earth.

Here's a shot from Quebec in 2004. Those look like contrails sheered and spread into a sheet (planes travelling NE to SW with upper level winds out of the NW). quebec.jpg

Very interesting Video . . . seems David Keith did say only 20,000 tons . . . Jay . . . sorry this could be well under detection levels . . .
Backsliding ..........already???????????I already showed you........... how to detect far less than that............Mt Etna...............remember?

Backsliding ..........already???????????I already showed you........... how to detect far less than that............Mt Etna...............remember?
You didn't . . . you might have thought you did . . . I gave you the opportunity to read my correspondence with the experts and you refused . . .

Im just saying their was a massive increase in persistent contrails in Florida enough where you cant help but notice them or without trying photograph as well .

What year did you notice the massive change, Joe? About 2010 there was something happened.

Back