Bugs and Suggestions for Metabunk.org

Has anyone tried "blackened" in the forum preferences ?
It's...quite different.
I wonder if I (or anyone) would post differently, on pages of different styles and colors ?
(color psychology)

Is there a way to upload a custom (viewing) preference ? (colors, font, etc.)

Trying "blackened" . Seems easier on the eyes.

It's supposedly easier on your monitor, and the environment.....as the amount of power output (usage) is lower. (blackened)

(needs references)

LCD screens always have a backlight on, so is the best method.....to put the puter in sleep mode, more quickly (more often)......and not worry about "on-time" ? Which has better savings ?

Last edited:
What would be really cool is if we could set differnt forums as different screens. It would certainly help me remember where i am!

What would be really cool is if we could set differnt forums as different screens. It would certainly help me remember where i am!

Unfortunately you can't do that on a per-user basis, just a global setting for any one forum.

I used to be able to copy and paste images into the editor when posting, which was very convenient. It no longer works. The pasted image appears in the editor but does not appear in the post.

I read a new post this morning, which I thought deidre posted with news of the Bundy et al arrests but I can't find it now. Thought I'd try the obvious thread but it's not there so then trawled Recent Activity and skimmed the avatars for deidre's - which shows not one of her posts. Thinking smart, I tried to check all of deidre's posts but her profile says ERROR and that she's limited what people can see.

Presumably I'm not thinking smart enough and the hidden profile details obviously didn't help but how do I find the post, given these obstacles I found?

Last edited:
I read a new post this morning, which I thought deidre posted with news of the Bundy et al arrests but I can't find it now. Thought I'd try the obvious thread but it's not there so then trawled Recent Activity and skimmed the avatars for deidre's - which shows not one her posts. Thinking smart, I tried to check all of deidre's posts but it says she's limited what people can see.

Presumably I'm not thinking smart enough and the hidden profile details obviously didn't help but how do I find the post, given these obstacles I found?
ah i just changed my "receive your news feed" to members.. and "view profile". thanks. and the thread was called 'santilli' something or other.

Do moderators see our conversations?

Can moderators see our registered email addresses?
Can moderators see our IP numbers?

Last edited by a moderator:

Moderators cant see your private messages, if that's what you mean.

The email shows for new users just on the first post. But its tiny font and mixed in with a bunch of other stuff, so it's not like it jumps out at you. But i dont know anyway to see your email now. (since you signed up before i became mod)

Yes. There is an IP button on each post.Why, are you lost?

No. Technically I could with a bit of fiddling (as I have access to the raw database), but I don't.

The moderator who approves your first posts can see the email address used for registration (it's part of the spam filter info), but not after that.

Yes.

There's keyboard shortcuts for it as well, depending on your browser and OS. Like "Home" and "End" keys on the Mac, or Ctrl/Cmd - Up/Down on many systems

There's keyboard shortcuts for it as well, depending on your browser and OS. Like "Home" and "End" keys on the Mac, or Ctrl/Cmd - Up/Down on many systems

Oh.. THAT I never knew either.. only time Ive ever used home and end is when I type.. never had a clue that it was a KB shortcut for browsers. I really feel like a derp now lol

When starting a thread one has the option to preview. This option does not appear to be available when replying to posts. For myself, this would be a useful feature.

One thing I've noticed, more as a mild nuisance than anything, is that when I have a message and/or alert and I've viewed it (either by clicking on it and seeing which post its on or actually going to the page with the new message, reply, etc) it will pop back up when I click the back button on my browser. Hopefully I'm explaining this clearly, but it will go something like this:
  1. I am viewing a thread in rambles from several years ago
  2. I get a notification for a reply on a new thread of my interest
  3. I view the thread and read the reply
  4. I press "back" to return to the rambles thread
  5. At the upper right hand corner of my screen, the little alert number is back
  6. I have to click on it to view it and make it go away
In this case, the only way to avoid this would be to press "home" after viewing the reply, head to rambles and wade through pages until I've found the original post I was reading. It's a bit of a pain.
Again, these aren't really gigantically irritating and someone else may have already reported this on here, but it does tend to get my hopes up: "Ooh! Another reply!" *click* "Oh, it's the one from last night. Hmm."

One thing I've noticed, more as a mild nuisance than anything, is that when I have a message and/or alert and I've viewed it (either by clicking on it and seeing which post its on or actually going to the page with the new message, reply, etc) it will pop back up when I click the back button on my browser. Hopefully I'm explaining this clearly, but it will go something like this:
  1. I am viewing a thread in rambles from several years ago
  2. I get a notification for a reply on a new thread of my interest
  3. I view the thread and read the reply
  4. I press "back" to return to the rambles thread
  5. At the upper right hand corner of my screen, the little alert number is back
  6. I have to click on it to view it and make it go away
In this case, the only way to avoid this would be to press "home" after viewing the reply, head to rambles and wade through pages until I've found the original post I was reading. It's a bit of a pain.
Again, these aren't really gigantically irritating and someone else may have already reported this on here, but it does tend to get my hopes up: "Ooh! Another reply!" *click* "Oh, it's the one from last night. Hmm."
When you press the Back button, you are essentially going back in time, what I do is scroll back to the top of the page and click again on "recent activity" to get any new posts. Others may have a better explanation of this than me.
Regards

When you press the Back button, you are essentially going back in time, what I do is scroll back to the top of the page and click again on "recent activity" to get any new posts. Others may have a better explanation of this than me.
Regards
Oh I get that, it's just that I've seen similar alert interfaces (such as Facebook's, most notably) where there is a memory of what's been viewed and not viewed.
Where it becomes a nuisance is in a situation like my example, where I'm reading something from 2013 and I'm six pages in to a looooong thread. Getting back to that 'manually,' so to speak, is a bit tedious.

Where it becomes a nuisance is in a situation like my example, where I'm reading something from 2013 and I'm six pages in to a looooong thread. Getting back to that 'manually,' so to speak, is a bit tedious
if i dont want to lose my page, i right click my mouse on the alert thread and choose "open in new tab". this is on a computer of course.

Thanks, it was just the structure I needed.
Code:
[table][tr][th]Works[/th][th]Acknowlegements[/th][/tr][tr][td]Yes[/td][td][USER=893]Chew[/USER] [/td][/tr][/table]
WorksAcknowlegements
YesChew

Last edited:
Would a Thank You rating not be useful? If I ask a question and a member answers it, at the very least I need to say thank you. Without such a button, I am forced to Like or Informative, all of which feel lame in this scenario.

Would a Thank You rating not be useful? If I ask a question and a member answers it, at the very least I need to say thank you. Without such a button, I am forced to Like or Informative, all of which feel lame in this scenario.
I'm a bit reluctant to add more ratings, as there's quite a few already. Maybe if there was more call for it.

Back