Bugs and Suggestions for Metabunk.org

Mendel

Senior Member.
Bug: Image scaling in replies

In https://www.metabunk.org/threads/russia-and-ukraine-current-events.12289/post-271506
The images in my reply are not scaled to fit the panel, but in the post I'm responding to they are. I think the two should have the same behaviour (and find scaled preferable).

Mendel's HTML and my HTML for the <table> that contains the images are *identical*, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with what's generated, so I guess it's a CSS selector issue where we differ. I can sniff more...
yeah, it's when the table is nested in a quote that the scaling fails.
I generally manually scale back attachments to thumbnail size when I quote.

FatPhil

Senior Member.
yeah, it's when the table is nested in a quote that the scaling fails.
I generally manually scale back attachments to thumbnail size when I quote.
I might just take the approach of trimming out images when replying unless absolutely necessary, which would be very rare.
I did have a quick sniff around at the CSS, didn't find anything obvious, and then I got more invasive (removing classes from the tags to try to make the contexts more similar) and crashed my browser!

D

Deleted member 16321

I'm dyslexic so readability is always a top priority for me. Some of these threads are very long and difficult to extract key data from without scanning back and forth over multiple pages. Is it possible to have an (optional) side bar to a thread that keeps key information, such as dates, locations, names, times, etc always visible? It might also reduce the amount of repetition.